[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How the fuck do you drive on the highway without dying?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 6
File: 1462479992737.png (42 KB, 164x179) Image search: [Google]
1462479992737.png
42 KB, 164x179
How the fuck do you drive on the highway without dying?
>>
File: 99934534.jpg (80 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
99934534.jpg
80 KB, 1280x720
same as other roads, but faster
>>
File: pepope.png (60 KB, 412x351) Image search: [Google]
pepope.png
60 KB, 412x351
I wonder the same thing anon. I'm terrified of driving because I know I'm the type of person that will definitely crash. I have nightmares about driving and not being able to reach the brakes with my feet and going out of control.

failed my driving test 3 times
>>
>>28883061
>not being able to reach the brakes
For me the brakes don't work, the accelerator goes on its own, and there's nearly no traction to steer with, so I crash off a bridge.
>>
>>28883136
They're the worst! I get them recurring nightly whenever the thought of having to learn to drive comes again.
More specifically it's that I'm trying to find the pedals but for some reason I can't reach and my foot gets stuck. So I'll start driving around a corner but can't slow down so I end up swerving and shit. It was the worst when I was driving a huge truck down a hill in one. Shit gives me anxiety mayn.
>>
>>28883050

Pretty much this. I used to get anxiety driving next to cars but after driving so many times it almost becomes second hand.
>>
File: image.jpg (20 KB, 238x225) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
20 KB, 238x225
If mommy isn't with me while driving I start to panic and fuck up
>>
>>28882961
>>28882961
Go faster than the posted speed limit. Stay in the fast lane so that you won't have to worry about people merging into your lane as much. Pay attention to the car ahead of you AND the the car ahead of that one. Get back over into the far left lane a few miles before you know you have to exit. Avoid rush hour.
>>
>>28883537
>far left lane a few miles before you know you have to exit
>>
>>28883206
I stopped the nightmares by learning absalutley everything about cars and going to school to learn even more about them and actually working on them. I found that when I actually understood how all the parts worked the nightmares couldn't tell me the stuff was malfunctioning. It's a large investment but I can drive now and I was able to get a comfy job at a mom and pop automobile shop that pays for my lifestyle.
>>
Driving on the highway is easy. It's all straight and no stopping.
The city roads are worse.
>>
>>28883537
I really don't mind rush hour because the slow monotony is really calming to me. Probably stems from the fact that I like to space out and think when riding in a car and I can't really do that while driving unless either the streets are empty or full as fuck
>>
File: glanon2.jpg (48 KB, 798x809) Image search: [Google]
glanon2.jpg
48 KB, 798x809
>>28884302
Thanks. That's great advice. Congrats anon!
>>
God I hate myself so much for being afraid of driving. It's not that I even NEED to that much, and I don't have that much trouble explaining it, but it feels shameful.
>>
>>28884710
this

I remember being so scared the first time I got on the highway when I was 16, then I moved downtown. It took me 2 years to learn how to navigate in city traffic holy shit
>>
>>28885967
I think I'm bad at driving because I'm bad at involving humans. Driving involves other people and anything involving people I am automatically bad at. Why are you afraid of driving?
>>
>>28886015
Pretty much that. If I hit someone's elbow when I'm walking on the sidewalk, it's just a "oh, s-sorry" and continue walking on my way. But if my car touches someone else's car, I have to talk to people, and there's a whole process, and it might involve other people, and insurance, and...
>>
>>28883061
>nightmares about driving and not being able to reach the breaks
Holy shit I have those too, exactly the same.
Except I can drive fine irl unless I'm on one of those eight-lane super interstates.
>>
>>28882961
You get used to it through experience. Start by getting used to the higher speeds by driving on freeways when they are less busy. Freeway driving is mainly just a bunch of driving straight and occasional lane changes.

If that's still too intense for you, you can always go with a driving instructor in their dual-brake car and if you don't drive a shitbox then have car help look out for you (lane assist, blind spot sensors, radar cruise etc.).
>>
GET GOOD
E
T

G
O
O
D

...kid
>>
I feel more comfortable on the highway actually. No stopping or constant turning, just driving forward really fast.
>>
>>28887496
THIS

You're way more likely to die in an accident on the highway, but you're way way more likely to get in an accident in the first place in city streets.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.