[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Schizophrenia Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
File: 1463916372185.png (199 KB, 396x383) Image search: [Google]
1463916372185.png
199 KB, 396x383
Hey guys. I need some advice.
>switch to latuda after many different antipsychotics
>risperidone made me gain weight and abilify made me hang myself (the ledge broke that I was hanging myself from)
>latuda finally makes me feel great for months and keeps my paranoia and Hallucinations at bay
>finally starting to get my life together
>4 days ago, start to Hallucinate again
>I used to just hear weird technical blips and snaps and footsteps and see white flashes of light
>my auditory Hallucinations are at bay, but I'm now seeing physical objects and people that are completely indistinguishable from reality
>one time, the person I was seeing was my dead grandfather and he actually conversed with me before suddenly disappearing

I need some advice. Am I getting used to latuda or something? Am I getting worse? The only atypical antipsychotics I haven't tried are trazedone and seroquel. Are either of these worth it? Should I just up my latuda dosage? My next psychiatrist appointment isn't for another month. I'm just asking for help because I don't think I can live like this.
>>
>>28882078
Anyone got some advice. I need help and there's no one I can talk to.
>>
Schizophrenia sounds scary. Do you think you can live a normal life on it?
>>
>>28882301
I go into periods of remission where I get my shit together, but it always comes back. I really don't want to live anymore unless I can get fixed.
>>
>>28882078
Trazadone isn't an atypical antipsychotic at all, whoever told you it was is an idiot.
>>
How accurate is this?

https://youtu.be/0vvU-Ajwbok
>>
>>28882078
trazodone is for sleep you fucking idiot
>>
File: 1459226629941.jpg (72 KB, 800x605) Image search: [Google]
1459226629941.jpg
72 KB, 800x605
>>28882078

Trazodone is an anti-depressant and a sleep-aid.

First of all, you recognize that you are having hallucinations. Seriously, you have no idea how far ahead of the game you are.

If you absolutely cannot see a doctor for another month, why not try adjusting your diet?

Ketogenic diets can help people with schizophrenia:

https://www.reddit.com/r/keto/comments/1djuha/keto_and_schizophrenia_my_story/

That personal story links to a study, and several people responded with similar stories.

Good luck!
>>
You can take seroquel with latuda safely i believe nad its worth a try. i tried latuda and ended up back in the hospital because it made me suicidal. I had to start taking the seroquel xr because normal seroquel was making me suicidal as well. seroquel is sedating unlike latuda and it can make you feel high or woozy when it kicks in. you can avoid that with the xr but you should still take it at night because it still is alittle sedating and can make you tired when you take it in am. trazodone also made me feel shit and suicidal. seroquel xr has helped the most with my schizophrenia. much better than the risperdone and latuda.
>>
File: 11124236773453.jpg (38 KB, 362x346) Image search: [Google]
11124236773453.jpg
38 KB, 362x346
>>28882078
>Schizophrenia Thread
Apparently there's a way to become a test subject of some antypsychotic drugs in London and they pay pretty well for it. Can anyone confirm if it's legit?
>>
You need to rewire your fucked up brain. A breakthrough dose of DMT should get you back on track.
>>
Does it bother you to see hallucinations like that?
>>
>>28884096
Lol I'm on a keto diet... I can't imagine how making your liver go into ketosis would have any affect on the schizophrenia, a structural brain issue
>>
>>28882078
Some of my internet friends think I'm developing schizophrenia, I'm not convinced it's the most likely explanation but I'm still kind of concerned about it. What were the telltale signs for you guys, in the early days of onset? I'm an almost 20 y/o male which is apparently around the age it sets in. Don't want my life to be ruined after recently escaping NEETdom.
>>
Seroquel is great for manic/psychotic people. The problems are that it's incredibly sedating (frequent naps, even for a bipolar type 1) and it can trash your liver or cause diabetes. The risks are greater if combined with other stuff. I know a type 1 prescribed both depakote and seroquel. He actually needs it, and is a danger to himself and others without it (as in chasing his housemate of 20 years down the street trying to stab him in a paranoid fit).

His dosage was reduced to something like 500mg/400mg depakote/seroquel. It stopped the diabetic damage (vision less, weight gain, probably peripheral nerve damage) but some of his symptoms came back. He wasn't psychotic, but would still reach some aggressive mania and laziness. The guy has legitimate physical damage, which complicates his maintenance.

I was on a lot of depakote (1250mg iirc) as a mood stabilizer in depression but it didn't do shit. A long-term maintenance drug, not for immediate anything. Seroquel just was too sedating, I might have had an allergic reaction to it as well.
>>
clozapine master race reporting in
>>
>>28882078
>My next psychiatrist appointment isn't for another month

phone your doctor and ask for an emergency appointment

psychiatric medication advice is not something for which you should rely on internet strangers
>>
File: 1383239156859.gif (1006 KB, 245x189) Image search: [Google]
1383239156859.gif
1006 KB, 245x189
>>28886026
I am wondering the same because i am 26, and always used to have tons of paranoia but lately it gets crazy, i am scared of staying and mostly sleeping when there is no one in the apartment, i am pretty sure some demon or something will materialize or come inside and rip me apart. I also feel ill most of the time, like mild flu, not to mention constantly apathetic or depressed, and anxious as hell even going to the store. I don't know any doctors and i don't even know what to tell them, i live in a shitty country and i might get misdiagnosed easily. I am worried they might fuck me up even worse than i am.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.