[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>not beating your children when they are little shits Why
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 176
Thread images: 20
>not beating your children when they are little shits
Why did this started being seen as bad parenting?
>>
When the Jews took over public opinion.
>>
>>28880899
>Why did this started being seen as bad parenting?
Because it violates the precious safespace of the kid getting beaten. It started to become unpopular (and even outlawed in some regions) shortly before the popular rise of the femnazi/LGBT meme.

Coincidence? I think not.
>>
People who beat their kids dont know how to parent.
>>
>>28880954
back to tumblr, libcuck
>>
>>28880899
because of idiots who took it way to far and gave leftists plenty of ammo to use against it.
>>
>>28880954
Can you really expect brain dead normies who don't know about condoms to go the extra mile with their accidents?
>>
>>28880970
that's a very compelling arguement

Did you find an odd pleasure in getting your ass handed to you by your father, perhaps?
>>28880977
Parents that dont treat their kids properly should be executed
>>
>>28880954
wew lad. Thanks for clarifying!
>>
>>28880996
arguing is for liberals and sissies. I would rather beat you into submission than use jewish words.
>>
File: crying2.jpg (91 KB, 500x767) Image search: [Google]
crying2.jpg
91 KB, 500x767
>>28880996
>treat their kids properly
>implying kids have inviolable rights and inherent dignity while growing up in their parents' houses
libcuck confirmed
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (145 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
145 KB, 1920x1080
>>28880899
Were you spanked as a child?
>>
>>28881016
No, please dont do it i beg of you!

We're on the internet you retard, how could you possibly beat me into submission.
>>28881027
Of course they dont have inviolable rights

Neither do you

There is a way you should treat kids though.
>>
>>28880899

Oh look the age old beating children argument again.

>hurrr the only way to correct bad action is to physically hurt them

If your kids are being little shits then you are a bad parent and beating them does not correct any bad behavior, it only makes them afraid to do anything or resentful of you. Kids grow up and they will remember either the parent that loved them or the parent that beat them.

I was never beaten as a child and I turned out fine. I can tell you for a fact though if I was, I would have long beat the ever loving shit out of my dad or mom and told them that they wont have me at their funeral.
>>
>>28880899
my father broke my nose and fractured my cheek bone with one swift punch to the face when i was 11 because he caught me stealing petrol from his shed. haven't spoken to him since. my mother left him because of it.
>>
>>28881076
begging wont help libtard. your sissy ass is grass.
>>
Are you guys fucking retarded? I hope you never get kids

It's not that hard to understand that beating has a pretty fucking large effect on a kid, not only physically but mentally too. It can fuck up a kid really bad. Then again, that's probably why you frequent this board. This happened to you, surely?

It's <current year>, we know better not to use violence on our own children. Any decent parent can raise their kids without having to fuck up their childhood
>>
File: frogd.png (77 KB, 251x242) Image search: [Google]
frogd.png
77 KB, 251x242
>>28881079
>i turned out fine
>"I would beat the everloving shit out of my dad or mom"
>>
>>28881118

And? I am not a violent person unless pushed. If I grew up in a house of violence those tendencies would have been pushed a lot farther and I would violent and miserable as fuck.
>>
>>28881076
>no inviolable rights
>adults should still treat them with dignity and avoid punishment whatsoever to avoid trouncing them feefees

Solid logic my man
>>
>>28881141
>and avoid punishment
Who said this?
>>
>>28881141
Learn what INVIOLABLE means
>>
File: 1445555184552.jpg (365 KB, 640x885) Image search: [Google]
1445555184552.jpg
365 KB, 640x885
Little girls are the best so they shouldnt be hurt <3
>>
>>28881079

>Turned out fine

Motherfucker, you're on r9k.
>>
>>28881181
>Learn what INVIOLABLE means
We already know what """""""""""""""""""""INVIOLABLE""""""""""""""""""""" means, gentlecuck.

Maybe you should get a dictionary and find out yourself so you can follow along in the big, scary discussion the grown-ups are having.
>>
>>28881141

>He thinks children are property and can be treated how ever you want

>>28881204

I have a gf, a steady job, and my own place. What is your point?
>>
>>28881098
Shouldn't have been stealing petrol ya filthy abo
>>
File: 151.jpg (21 KB, 600x500) Image search: [Google]
151.jpg
21 KB, 600x500
>>28881219
>>He thinks children are property and can be treated how ever you want
>He actually believes the cultural meme that they aren't
>>
>>28881098
your mother left him because shes a whore who loves taking nigger dick and you're a sissy cuck who preps them
>>
>>28881216
You should treat kids a certain way

And that is different than you cannot treat kids a way other than this one
>>
>/pol/cucks are angry because they were beaten as kids

top kek, no wonder they have such an impotent rage against everything
>>
>>28881293
/pol/ is the opposite of cuckoldry. You're the cuckold.
>>
>>28881286
>And that is different than you cannot treat kids a way other than this one
Only from a linguistic standpoint. From a societal perspective, it's a clear-cut case of insincerely appealing to the emotions, thereby silencing those dissonants who argue against it from a standpoint of reason.

Not that you'll ever be able to grasp the concept of mental and societal programming anyway. kek
>>
>>28881140
>muh anecdotal evidence

Either form a coherent argument or don't comment at all.
You're not even necessarily wrong, but you're looking like a retard.
>>
>>28880899
I honestly can't believe it, but I'm in favor of hitting your children now. Discipline is important. I know my lack of discipline has been one of the biggest problems in my life, and it's a major problem in society.
>>
>>28881337
What is wrong with you? Your false sense of superiority makes it hard to have discussion.

If you hurt your kids you should be executed. Learn to parent and learn to punish with something besides your fist.
>>28881363
Discipline can be instilled without beatings you know
>>
File: dth.jpg (12 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
dth.jpg
12 KB, 250x250
>>28881316
found the assmad /pol/cuck

tell me , what did your dad used when he beat you up? did it happen everytime he arrived drunk?
>>
>>28881363
>I honestly can't believe it, but I'm in favor of hitting your children now. Discipline is important.
>Discipline is important
>Discipline

Thank God, someone with some functional brain cells left in this thread.
>>
>>28881389
my dad never beat me because I was a perfect son. You're just a faggot who wants to suck the nigger spunk out of your moms twat.
>>
>ITT: white middle class nerds who have never been hit by their parents say that it's good
>>
>>28881382
>Discipline can be instilled without beatings you know
Not always. Not every kid falls for the whole "I'm not mad, I'm disappointed." spiel. Some kids need the belt.
>>
Hitting your kids on the bottom is a good way to discipline - yelling at a kid does nothing but give it mental problems when it grows up and looks back on their parent screaming at them whenever they did something wrong.

a spank and letting them know you're disappointed is literally more than enough
>>
File: 1451604211022.png (390 KB, 498x710) Image search: [Google]
1451604211022.png
390 KB, 498x710
>>28881405
>projecting his cuckoldry fetish all over the internet
>supports children abuse
>recluded neckbeard

>perfect son

kek

he has succesfully repressed those memories
>>
>>28881382
Your ad hominem attack and apparent inferiority complex aside, it seems that your own argument has now taken the opposite extreme.

Do you think that two individuals who get into fisticuffs over arguments should be executed since they exchanged physical blows and not simply verbal ones? No? Then why should a parent be executed simply for attempting to reign their child in?

Your posts are a prime example of the SJW betacuck ideology that is slowly killing /r9k/. Congratulations.
>>
>>28880899
Beating your children for no reason turns out violent psychopaths. Beating your children for petty or idiotic reasons makes them hate you. Using too much violence on them makes them hate you too.

My grandfather used to belt my father. My father dumped him as soon as he was 18 and left him to rot and die alone.
My father used to spank me when I didn't do my homework. He got really angry and yelled and at the time it did hurt, but he was careful to never strike so hard he's leave a mark on me or the pain would last longer than a couple minutes. Then he would calm down and calmly explain to me what I did wrong, kiss me, hug me, spend time with me and buy me videogames to cheer me up again. When I became a teenager his strikes didn't even hurt anymore. Nowadays we get along great and I've never stopped loving him.

So no beating your children is wrong and counterproductive. Light harmless spanking followed by love and explanations are better.
>>
>>28881455
>n-no /r9k/ is my autism safe place!

top kek
>>
This is the entire reason I'm a robot though...
>>
>>28881444
I am a fit, driven and ambitious white male. whats it feel like to know you will never stomp a nigger?
>>
If you want your chils to be well behaved and disciplined, you honestly need to start doing it at age 1- 2 no later. After that they start to think they're invincible. You dont need to beat them but a light spanking and a stern voice should let the message get into their heads.
>>
>>28881460
this post gava me a boner
>>
File: 1457266968812.png (352 KB, 756x877) Image search: [Google]
1457266968812.png
352 KB, 756x877
>>28881500
anyone can lie on the internet anon

you are a poor, fat neckbeard until proven otherwise
>>
>>28881444
Nice trips, faggot boy.
>>
>>28881405
>Jimmy! Where the fuck are you? I told you not to fucking touch the food in the fridge!
>loud painful noises
>>
>>28881516
i thought i was the only one desu desu
>>
>>28881518
you already admitted you're nothing but a liberal who loves niggers. go ahead and cry more you pansy.
>>
turned out fine even though in 4chan the thread
>>
File: Stefan_Molyneux_2014-02-10.jpg (53 KB, 630x641) Image search: [Google]
Stefan_Molyneux_2014-02-10.jpg
53 KB, 630x641
>>28880899
this is not even close to an argument
>>
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3447048/
>Numerous studies have found that physical punishment increases the risk of broad and enduring negative developmental outcomes.
>No study has found that physical punishment enhances developmental health.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3768154/
>So, if a key parental goal is to do more than achieve immediate compliance, to have the child actually internalize an external regulatory framework into an internalized strategy over time, it is clear that spanking is not having its intended effects.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2719514/
>The purpose of effective discipline is to help children organize themselves, internalize rules and acquire appropriate behaviour patterns.
>>
>>28881529
a child should never eat food that was not prepared for him. That is food that your parents worked hard to buy and you are stealing it. No wonder you're fat.
>>
Aside from years of psychology research, simple logic says that if you beat your children they'll simply become afraid of being beaten. Their actions will be molded so that they'll become obedient in your presence, but the second you look the other way that will go out the window.

If you properly teach your children the reasons why you should or shouldn't do something, right and wrong, etc. then they will actually hold the belief "I shouldn't do this because of X and Y", where X and Y are reasons that aren't "mom or dad will beat the shit out of me".

Since you're raising humans who will grow up to be adults that will exist outside of your presence, it's easy to see why that's better.

The kids who get beat end up being the obnoxious frat kids and the sorority sluts who just do whatever the fuck because mom and dad aren't looking.
>>
>>28881484
>Implying I ever actually typed this
>human logic 2016
>>
>>28881363
What do you mean by discipline though? Killing your children's will and desires?
There's a difference between teaching a kid to study because it's for their own good and "disciplining" someone because they're doing what they love and you can't stand they like what you don't like. The second will just make your children hate you, resent you and abandon you.

My grandfather didn't want my father to play music. My father lives for music, it's his passion and joy. All the beating and shaming and mocking and "disciplining" from my grandfather to make my father quit his passion only earned him a old age in misery and solitude abandoned by his family.
>>
>>28881556
>trusting jew scientists

how cucked can you get?
>>
>>28881541
Not him but you're a degenerate.
Even Trump thinks hitting your kids is stupid.
>>
File: consensual.jpg (34 KB, 500x464) Image search: [Google]
consensual.jpg
34 KB, 500x464
>>28881550
>creating a kid without its consent
>beating it when it does not dance to your music

this is the most perfidious act of bastadery imaginable
>>
>>28881582
>le jew boogeyman
ebin
>>
File: rape face.png (440 KB, 641x620) Image search: [Google]
rape face.png
440 KB, 641x620
>>28881541
>can't prove he isn't a poor, fat neckbeard

top kek

let me guess, your dad did not only beat your ass when drunk, but also fed you with the cheapest food possible, which is why you are a fatso with a shit-tier endocrine system

kek, /pol/cucks confirmed for fat, poor neckbeards that were abused as kids
>>
>>28881556
fuck your kike studies
>>
You answered your own question OP, you dumb shit

If your child is being a cunt, you probably already failed as a parent, so youre only pouring gas to the fire

Yeah, theres that argument that most kids behave like little twats, that's what kids are afterall, but they did pick this up from somewhere, most likely you, the parent
>>
>>28881592
trump is a literal cuckold who couldn't even marry a white girl. He loves "legal" immigrants and has promised not to deport them.
>>
>>28881556
>>28881618
>implying that governmental studies aren't going to have an extreme bias towards the same leftist goal that government is actively promoting

gg cuckies
>>
>>28881637
>He loves "legal" immigrants and has promised not to deport them.
You need to be 18 or older to post on 4chan.
>>
>>28881610
I don't have anything to prove to a sissy libcuck who watches niggers fuck his mom.
>>
>>28881570
I'm >>28881460
>if you beat your children they'll simply become afraid of being beaten
That's true I was like that in my childhood. Then I became a teenager, I got stronger and tougher, physical punishment didn't work anymore and I yelled back at my father everything he did. We had many hearts to hearts and talked lots like two equals. We're on good terms now.

>If you properly teach your children the reasons why you should or shouldn't do something, right and wrong
He spanked me but he did this too, though I didn't understand it back then. Bless him.
>>
>>28881652
you also need to be a non-libtard pussy. perhaps tumblr is more suited for you.
>>
My mom used to chase us around the house with a flip flop. We'd try to climb up the walls to avoid her but she'd always hit us until we're all read.
My dad is the angriest person i've ever met. He'd scream loudly and point at us and continued while we were crying.
I've forgotten so much of it, maybe it's because i don't think about it much. One thing is for certain: I will never, ever lay a finger on my kids if i ever have kids. And if my brothers do anything to theirs i'm calling the police on them.
>>
File: 1457500670579.gif (213 KB, 495x495) Image search: [Google]
1457500670579.gif
213 KB, 495x495
>>28881653
kek, stay mad fatso

go ahead, keep calling people libcucks on the internet, that will surely repress those memories
>>
>>28881570
>simple logic
Simple logic says we need punishment to prevent evil and that's why we have jails and treat criminals badly.
>psychology research
Behaviorism implies punishment is capable of diminishing specific behavior, like morally evil ones.
>then they will actually hold the belief "I shouldn't do this because of X and Y"
No, people are not mind parrots to just repeat your thinking just because you told them to do so.
>>
>>28881671
you're the one who is mad. You're so mad that I'm better than you it's funny.
>>
File: 1430086698418.jpg (71 KB, 600x656) Image search: [Google]
1430086698418.jpg
71 KB, 600x656
>>28881679
>a kid being a mischeif is being moraly evil
>>
>>28881707
i'm not him but i'm mad about unrelated things
>>
>>28881668
I'm not a libtard, but I'm also not an idiot who blindly believes everything /pol/ says. Do you also believe in the Aryan race too?
>>
>>28881707
i was not abused as a kid tho, that simple fact makes me a better person
>>
>>28881679
>we need punishment to prevent evil and that's why we have jails and treat criminals badly
Jails are for reformation, not punishment, cretin. They're a place for criminals to reform themselves while away from society. That's why they teach you a trade in jail and let you do sport so you can become a functional person again. Jails that treat people like cattle are just as evil as the criminals in it, in fact they make them MORE evil with the abuse they expose them to.

>Behaviorism implies punishment is capable of diminishing specific behavior, like morally evil ones
Nope statistics show punishment does not deter crime. Also what "morally evil" ones? You sound like you're the morally evil one being so eager to destroy people's lives because they have fun without you.
>people are not mind parrots
Children under 13 are.
>>
>28881576
> Killing your children's will and desires?
If their will is to break everything up, throw a tantrum, spill on other people and swearing, yes, it should be killed.
>All the beating and shaming and mocking and "disciplining" from my grandfather
That's beating for the wrong reasons. There are good reasons as I mentioned above. The same way there are good reasons for locking up you in jail if you rob or kill someone.
>>
>>28881719
>>28881721
>>28881742
can you please go back to tumblr? 4chan is not, and never will be, for libtards, cucks,sissies and minorities.
>>
>>28881742
>I had/didn't have X LIFE EXPERIENCE that you didn't/did have, therefore I win. neener!
Holy fuck, somebody get this man tenure at a major university. We clearly have a debate god on our hands
>>
>>28881455
>Do you think that two individuals who get into fisticuffs over arguments should be executed since they exchanged physical blows and not simply verbal ones? No?

>Then why should a parent be executed simply for attempting to reign their child in?
They've abused their authority

also
>if you dont have an urge to beat kids then you are an sjw
wew
>>
>>28880899
I don't get it, negative reinforcement is good, it's hard wired into many animals. If it hurts, then don't do it. You learn that life will hurt sometimes, and that the world isn't some big safe space for you to cry on. You may fall off your bike, skin your knee, and cry about it, but you suck it up, motivate (or get "motivated" by tour parents) yourself, and learn how to ride a bike without falling off and hurting yourself. It teaches cautiousness and perseverance imho. Doses of negative reinforcement can help, especially if the kid is playing the ignorant entitled card and won't listen to your reasoning. The problem, like with many things, resides in too much negative reinforcement. This can causes kids to grow up with anger management problems, and can make them even less likely to listen to you (if you beat your kids without teaching them why you did it and why their actions were wrong, they can see it as beatings because you wanted to beat them and they develop Learning that yelling ignorance and violence is better than taking it out). They might even resent you. They learn that if they don't like what someone is doing, instead of trying to talk it out, just do what mama has always done, beat them up. They take their parents' violent nature and spread that to their children and onto the streets. Of course no violence is bad as well, that grows up spoiled entitled sjws who have never gotten a taste of hardship whining that the world isnt "safe enough" for them because someone opposed their ideas. Too much punishment, you grow angry ignorant people who resort to violence when they don't get what they want (look at Caribbean/black cultures). Too little punishment, you grow entitled spoiled brats who scream and complain about the big bad world because they didn't get what they want (third wave Feminism in the western world).

Tl:dr, too much violence is bad, too little violence is bad, find a middleground of negative reinforcement and teaching your child.
>>
>>28881796
how did i get mixed up and this? i didn't say what i was mad about. maybe i'm mad about libtards, cucks, sissies, and minorities being on 4chan.
>>
Well I suppose it depends on the situation and how the kid is behaving.

For the most part reasoning and just talking to kid works out fine.
But then there are mega fucks who cannot get it together, the ones who back talk everyone and becomes an edge lord.

Sometimes you just have to beat it into the kid to teach them a lesson.

Also it is harder to be a parent/teacher than it is being a kid/student. So kids shouldn't complain so much.

Though if you've had an abusive parent who hurts you all the time ie drunk beatings then I can understand why you wouldn't want to beat a kid.

Also people say they didn't ask to be born, but parents didn't ask their kids to be garbage.

When a person ends up being all troublesome its a mutual problem. The parents have to understand the issue from the kids viewpoint and attempt to work WITH the kid to solve their problems. But most parents are too emotionally weak to do anything
>>
>>28881810
>10 lines of raw, unformatted text

Nobody's gonna read that lmao

try some line breaks in between your sentences, at least.
>>
>>28881847
I would friend, but I hit the 2k character limit...
>>
File: 1464144346581.jpg (98 KB, 269x328) Image search: [Google]
1464144346581.jpg
98 KB, 269x328
Try being a nigger like i am and have beatings happen to you. Its one of the reason i think my people are fucked in the head and mean spirted.
>>
>>28881777
>If their will is to break everything up
My will is to break shit up when I'm angry and it's better than punching people. Do you want me to start beating up people instead when they piss me off? My father hit me to discipline so clearly beating people up is the way to go, I will make sure to have anyone who pisses me off hospitalized with a few broken bones just to make sure they got the message I'm discipling them.

>throw a tantrum
Like you're doing? Wow, people can't even express when they're angry now? All that repressed anger will surely not turn against them and drive them mad. Fuck I should not have yelled and hit back my father as a kid I should have kept it all inside maybe then I could have gone super extra discipline knife chopping his limbs off like the super extra disciplined kids do. Drats.
>spill on other people
What the fuck? Are you literally blaming people for accidents now?
>and swearing
Fuck off retard, swearing is good. If I can't even vent I'll have more of a reason to beat you up and kill you. I'm just disciplining you not to do the things that piss me off.

>There are good reasons as I mentioned above
Your reasons are retarded.
>The same way there are good reasons for locking up you in jail if you rob or kill someone
If someone killed you I'd praise them for doing society good.
>>
>>28881570
This is so like my little brother. He'd be a mean bastard when dad wasn't around, cause dad taught us everything through intimidation, even if it was irrational things.
We never respected the man so much, we just feared him. And as we got older we lost all the respect, and eventually the fear too. We don't see him that often anymore.
>>
>>28881796
>ARGH! 4 chan is MY safe space!

kek, maximum autism right here

>>28881800
thats right, having a better education makes you a better person
>>
>>28881933
Some people never get it.
>>
>>28881655 and >>28881460 here.
I take it back to be honest. The hitting itself did me no good it just turned me into a violent person. What saved me were the love and explanations and the fact I started hitting and yelling back as soon as I become a teenager and I was strong enough to hit and yell back and force my father to see me as an equal. That's what saved my relationship with him and myself. Don't just hit your children, they will just resent you.
>>
>>28881775
>Nope statistics show punishment does not deter crime.
Epidemiological studies can only infer correlations. Experimental studies, like the classic ones done by Behaviorism, can infer causal links. This latter ones have demonstrated that punishment diminished the behavior associated with the punishment.
> Also what "morally evil" ones?
"Evil" might be too strong of a word here. But a child can beat up people, break objects, swear, etc... which are all wrong behaviors, morally wise, and should be punished.
>Children under 13 are.
They might repeat your words, but won't necessarily behave like their words tell they will.
>>
>>28881971
Yeah like you.
>>
>>28880899

In all seriousness having to resort to immediately spanking your kids is poor parenting. Not only will it induce either a rebellious or total bitch attitude but it will also pass the wrong set of morals for said child.

Now the occasional bottom smacking or even slap when your child has taken you to your last straw is okay in my book. Just know it shouldn't be your initial response. If you've raised your child right then you should have many options to choose from besides giving them a WWE smack-down.

No I'm not a Lib or a cuckservative. I'm not leaning for any of your faggy political sides. I'm just some anon.
>>
I think people here have different understastings of what constitutes as physycal punishment.

Do you think spanking is abuse?
>>
File: 1463520231391.jpg (60 KB, 442x448) Image search: [Google]
1463520231391.jpg
60 KB, 442x448
>>28880899
I don't think it should be a routine thing but there's definitely times a kid needs a good hard smack.
My parents only disciplined me like that, but my younger siblings didn't get anything like that. They're selfish, temperamental, and have no self-control.
A lot of anons in here say they were hit and don't forgive their parents. I think that's fucking retarded and they should get over it. My parents and I have a great relationship.
>>
>>28882017
>This latter ones have demonstrated that punishment diminished the behavior associated with the punishment
Out of fear and hate sure. Pro-tip people don't want to live in fear and hate all their lives that's why they rebel against this shit. A

>a child can beat up people
Just like his parents taught him it's OK to do
>break objects
>Oh no the kid made the glass fall by accident, better beat him up!
>swear
Fuck off nigger venting is good. My uncle swore all the time at my repressed father and my uncle has always been better off than him.
e>which are all wrong behaviors, morally wise
No they are not. You do not decide morals. Morals are subjective and all the examples you mentioned are completely innocent and can even be good.
>and should be punished
You should be punished for existing, anon.
>>
>>28881933
>throw a tantrum
>Like you're doing?
No. And I have not sweared or used onomatopoeia that implies that I am doing such.
>All that repressed anger will surely not turn against them and drive them mad.
Or you could learn to not get mad, that you can't just be offended for whatever you feel like and expect people to help you because of that.
>spill on other people
Meant "spit". Sorry.
>>
>>28882069
>I think that's fucking retarded and they should get over it
No it is not fucking retarded. My parents were horrible disgusting pieces of shit that made me suffer for absolutely no good reason at all and I want fucking justice for this. Now they deserve getting treated like shit from me, they asked for it by treating me like shit first. Karma, bitch. If you hit me I will fucking hit you back.
>>
Since it was proved scientifically to be detrimental, fucking retarded hick.
>>
>>28882137
Big difference between abuse and discipline.
I just think people who were physically disciplined should get over it, not the "my dad is a drunk and beats me when he gets home" types.
>>
>>28882110
>And I have not sweared or used onomatopoeia that implies that I am doing such
Your shitty whiny posting is enough.

>you could learn to not get mad
Sorry that's how my parents disciplined me, they beat me and got angry at me for stupid bullshit reasons such as yours so they conditioned me to be a violent angry person in turn too. Guess this discipline idea of yours really works huh?

>you can't just be offended for whatever you feel like
Oh yes I can. That's how my parents were when they disciplined me so I can too.
>expect people to help you
No I just expect you to fuck off.
>>
>>28882069
Well, my parents hit me and I hate them for doing such FOR THE WRONG REASONS. But I still think there are good reasons for spanking a child.
>>
>>28882209
Why did they hit you, anon?
>>
>>28881796
Yeah it's only for real alpha males who are tough enough to insult people and pretend to be nazis on the internet.
>>
>>28882188
>Big difference between abuse and discipline
What difference? I hit you and.... I hit you? There's no fucking difference there retard.

>I just think people who were physically disciplined should get over it
>I just think people who were physically abused should get over it
That's what you're saying. No my father wasn't a drunk and he didn't beat me when he got home because he was drunk, he beat me because he wanted to discipline over absolutely stupid retarded things he was completely wrong about. It worked when I a small child because I was too weak to express my hatred and resentment. When I got into my teens though? He shut the fuck up when I started punching back and yelling straight back at him calling him the disgusting failure piece of shit he is. And no I will not get over it, I know you want to see more children suffer but I fucking don't.
>>
>>28881582
>>28881618

>scientific studies show that blacks have lower IQs or are more prone to violence, or that children raised by single mothers suffer disproportionately from behavioral problems

lol fucking libcucks can't accept reality it's just facts man lol science trumps your feels hahaha

>studies show that beating your kids has a lot of detrimental effects and few if any positive ones

BUT IT'S JEWISH LIES WAAAAH MUH ELDERS OF ZION YOU CAN'T TRUST THE KIKE STUDIES
>>
>>28881316
>/pol/ is the opposite of cuckoldry
confirmed under 18 year old
get back to your containment board kid, wouldn't want to see the real world truth out here
>>
>>28881079
Spanking a kid is a last resort. Kids are like animals, they're not developed enough to not be stupid so if you can't convince them that they're being little shits you spank them because every living creatures understands pain. There's a large difference between spanking a kid for breaking a window with a ball after you explicitly told him not to throw balls near the house and beating the shit out of him when he doesn't make his bed.
>>
File: UolIJJx.png (555 KB, 1024x1292) Image search: [Google]
UolIJJx.png
555 KB, 1024x1292
>>28880899
My parents started beating me when I was just 2 years old. I think spanking is fine, but just don't hit or spank a baby.
>>
>>28882069
Nah i'll never forgive them, but i'm in great terms with my mother. My dad is still an asshole, but we're big now, he doesn't touch us and he doesn't get as angry anymore.
I think absolutely with all of my heart that you can discipline your child without getting physical or mad. You have to make them respect you, not fear you. Because if you treat your kid like shit they're gonna hold that against you when they get older.
>>
>>28882410
Kids are developed enough to understand wrongdoings and injustice against them and they will develop nothing but hatred and resentment if you spank them for something they do not perceive to be something wrong.

I was spanked because I didn't do my homework and didn't like to study, I liked watching cartoons and draw and make up fantasy stories in my mind instead. Turns out school has done me no good I just studied the night before to vomit it out on paper and forget it all the next day because what they wanted me to study was completely useless crap, instead I taught myself to code and now I develop videogames and live far better doing what I want than I would have if I had listened to my idiotic father. Every time I see him I make sure to remind him of this so his humiliation keeps stinging. He deserves to be humiliated for being a retard who didn't understand his child's inclinations and talents.
>>
>>28882434
Yeah, 3 years old is my cutoff, too easy to kill the ones younger than that.
>>
>>28880899
Because it excuses random acts of violence against children which creates psychopaths and other dysfunctional people.

To be a good parent you need to clearly establish rules and punishments. If your child breaks a rule you must immediately punish them with the required punishment and it must be consistent. If you decide to show mercy once or twice and later punish them the child will think you just enjoy hurting them. The actual punishment is not as relevant (although some would be considered torture which is wrong to do on anyone) as consistency.

If you randomly lash out without ever setting rules the child will just assume you are some rampaging monster.
>>
>>28882635
To be a good parent you need to establish sensible rules and punishments your children agree with. My parents were consistent but I thought their rules were bullshit from the get go and that I was being unfairly punished, so I never agreed with them and threw all their bullshit out as soon as I got rid of them.
>>
>>28882554
Every time I see someone argue against spanking they always equate it with shitty parents that jump to spanking as their first choice. Kids are kids, they are not always going to listen to reason, the entire point of punishment and reward is to teach them that they're responsible for their actions. If a kid does something bad and will not listen to reason or punishments such as ground the only way to instill responsibility in them is with spanking because everyone understands pain.
>>
WTF is up with all these /pol/ threads here all of a sudden? It must be the normies that can only excessively post on weekends. Fuck off this is NEET zone.
>>
>>28882778
Legitimately surprised that an anon made this and not a tripfag. Though discussion about Indian rainforests and their subhuman inhabitants seems more up the ally of the tripfag than more-mundane SJ issues like spanking...

>not blindly conforming to public opinion in [current year]
>>
Why do people act like they don't know the difference between a slap on the hands/ass and a twelve round beatdown?
>>
>>28882704
Everyone would agree that rules should be sensible but what does that really mean?

>>28882754
I agree that rules are important but I dislike the meme that pain is the best method of punishment. If you are familiar with psychological experiments on dogs where they were shocked until they performed a command you would know that eventually the dogs would give up and just lie down while being shocked. Just because we understand pain does not mean that you will get the outcome you want.

Isolation can be much more painful than physical punishment.

>>28882778
I'm a loser who spends too much time on the internet. Being an armchair psychologist and philosopher is a perfectly reasonable hobby for me.
>>
>>28882754
>shitty parents that jump to spanking as their first choice
Where did I say that? It wasn't my parents' first choice. It was a last resort because I didn't want to listen to their bullshit and even then it didn't work because I knew it was bullshit and I was intelligent enough to understand pain goes away while doing what they wanted was just going to ruin my life in the future. I didn't want my life ruined so I just took the pain in until I was able to lash it back and force them to listen to me and do MY will. Pain only works at first and the more I got exposed it the more I got used to it the less it scared me the more I wanted to unleash it back on those who wronged me. Simple as that.

>If a kid does something bad and will not listen to reason or punishments such as ground the only way to instill responsibility in them
You can't instill "responsibility" over bullshit. You will be instinctively rejected and only make yourself enemies. There's no reason to listen to when your "reasons" are crap.
>>
>>28882866
>this edgy 14 year old
>>
>>28882848
It means if your kid doesn't think your rules are sensible all your punishment will just grow him into a vengeful psychopath and you'll be the first victim.

>humans
>dogs

>Isolation can be much more painful than physical punishment
Let me guess you're a weakling beta.
>>
>>28882908
>abusive neckbeards defending being abusive assholes to children
>>
>>28881079
you are a retard AND a faggot. My dad whooped my ass when I got in trouble throughout elementary and the first half of middle school. I don't resent him for it either. I resent him more now that I'm way too old for it and instead of giving me the belt he resorted to down talking me throughout high school (which wasn't unwarranted, I acted like a shit head throughout hs and deserved it) but I still love him to death and I can't even begin to describe the grief I'll feel when his eventual death rolls around.
>>
>>28882848
>pain is the best method of punishmen
I never said this, in fact I said the exact opposite.
>>28882866
>There's no reason to listen to when your "reasons" are crap.
99% of the reasons anything is done how it is done is crap, it's called life. If your job doesn't want you to wear a specific shirt and you do you get fired regardless of how bullshit their reasoning is because it's their business and they can enforce whatever rules they see fit.
>>
>>28882963
If you just want people to beat you up walk through a bad black neighbourhood with cash exposed. You're not a small child if you wanted to change you could, you're just lazy. But you want people better than you to suffer too because you're too shit to do anything with yourself, and that's fucking evil. Hope you and your dad get beaten to death both for this.
>>
>>28881098
this is an example of shitty parenting. my dad never hit me in the face (except one time he was really drunk [and hes an alcoholic so when I say really drunk I mean REALLY FUCKING DRUNK] and I promptly got into a shoving match with him and I guess since I was like 14 at the time and managed to nut up enough to do it he didnt do it again). He always told me to pull down my pants and bend over and gave me a whooping with a belt.

There's a reason it says in the bible that if you spare the rod you spoil the child
>>
>>28883012
good meme desu friend

bliggity blox
>>
>>28882916
If you dismiss studies on psychology then your argument is "muh feels".

Look up what happens when you isolate a social animal like a human. All of their instincts are gone and they become worse than feral. Total psychotic breakdown.

>>28882990
>I never said this, in fact I said the exact opposite.
>If a kid does something bad and will not listen to reason or punishments such as ground the only way to instill responsibility in them is with spanking because everyone understands pain.

This is what I was responding to. You are saying that if "conventional" punishment fails you should try pain because everyone understands pain. What I was trying to say is that people understand more than just pain so physical punishment is not the last resort. We may not be understanding each other.
>>
>>28882990
>99% of the reasons anything is done how it is done is crap, it's called life
Just because you like eating feces doesn't mean I'm going to stoop to your level and eat feces too. I'm better than that.

>If your job doesn't want you to wear a specific shirt
I can find another job easily while they don't find my replacement easily. They have already begged me to stay.

>regardless of how bullshit their reasoning is because it's their business and they can enforce whatever rules they see fit
You know I can leave businesses on my own to go somewhere better while they fail, so they can get away with that. Unfortunately you can't pick and choose your parents and your life is your own so if their reasonings are bullshit I have every damn right to call them out on it and make sure they get punished for it, as parents it's their responsibility I do not grow up maladjusted and if their shitty unfair bullshit reasonings cause me to be... well tough shit they're gonna pay for it dearly. They brought it on themselves by being shitty parents.
>>
>Not being an antinatalist
Has /r9k/ taught you nothing?
>>
>>28883110
>All of their instincts are gone and they become worse than feral. Total psychotic breakdown.
So abuse is what you're going for, gotcha.
>>
>>28883110
Causing someone to have a psychotic breakdown is abuse.
As expected of people who want to beat and abuse children.
>>
>>28883031
You're just gay, anon. You love it when a man spanks your ass.
>>
>>28883110
People can understand more than pain which is why you do everything else first, I've been saying this since the beginning.
>>28883120
This is what happens when you don't punish children correctly, they become narcissists. The world doesn't revolve around you, your anecdotes mean absolutely nothing.
>>
>>28883153
>>28883179
Taken to an extreme it would be abuse. So is beating a child until their bones break.

I guess what I was trying to say is that grounding someone can be as effective as physical punishment. Humans are social and if you threaten to cut off our contact to our communities we become compliant. If a child is breaking a "sensible" rule then limiting then grounding them can be as good of a punishment as hitting them.
>>
>>28883120
This.
Parents are supposed to raise happy satisfied fulfilled productive citizens not vengeful psychopaths or broken mental cripples.
Which is why abuse like OP suggests has been outlawed as it only produces psychopaths and mentall stunted people.
>>
>>28883239
>This is what happens when you don't punish children correctly
So you admit your ideas of discipline are not correct? Because my parents did exactly as you said.

>your anecdotes mean absolutely nothing
My anecdotes and the fact studies prove your ideas of "discipline" are ineffective and counterproductive show you're full of shit.

>Taken to an extreme it would be abuse. So is beating a child until their bones break
>implying you need bones to break to be abuse
Fucker if it even leaves a mark than it's already abuse.

>Humans are social and if you threaten to cut off our contact to our communities we become compliant
Speak for yourself. Even as a child when I was convinced I was in the right nothing except for a better deal made me change my mind. My parents yelled at me, I just yelled back in my mind. Grounded me or took away my stuff, I just spent my time fantasizing, my imagination was great at keeping me occupied. Hit me, I just silently told myself one day I was going to make them pay. Guess what, I did.
>>
>>28883249
One of the most important thing a parent can do is engage in constructive activities that encourage them grow and develop their talents and sate their curiosity.

But what if a kid does something Wrong? Do you say " my child is a special snowflake and everything they do is right it's the rules that are wrong" or do you punish them?
>>
I don't think I would have the courage to hit someone who is so little and innocent that just so happens to be my own flesh and blood. However I don't really mind when parents discipline their children by giving them a little smack out in public.
>>
>>28883421
>But what if a kid does something Wrong?
Wrong is subjective. I've been told too many times I was doing something wrong when that wasn't true, what I was doing was right or at least not wrong at all.
>>
File: 1464063707954.jpg (82 KB, 460x404) Image search: [Google]
1464063707954.jpg
82 KB, 460x404
>grew up in asian household
>coat hanger whippings all the time
>didn't grow up to be a spoiled brat
>little brother is born
>they drop the whippings
>he gets spoiled
>he becomes a brat
>>
>>28883491
If right and wrong are subjective how do you know what you did was right? It sounds like you just didn't agree with other people and decided to do your own thing. Can you be sure about your own judgement?

Should a parent have a responsibility to teach a child what is right and wrong when neither party can define what is Good?
>>
>>28883617
>If right and wrong are subjective how do you know what you did was right?
The quality of my life is a matter of utmost importance to me. My decisions worked for me that's how I know I was right.

>It sounds like you just didn't agree with other people and decided to do your own thing.
As it was right of me to do.

>Can you be sure about your own judgement?
Yes. See above.

>Should a parent have a responsibility to teach a child what is right and wrong when neither party can define what is Good?
Generally speaking what makes you happy and fulfilled is good, what makes you unhappy and miserable or dissatisfied is wrong. For the details you'll have to speak to each individual.
>>
>>28883762
Conflict starts when what makes you happy and fulfilled makes me unhappy and miserable.
Decent people solve this conflict by talking and meeting somewhere along the way, negotiating a deal that satifisfies both parties. Abusers just try to impose their way and end up creating violent or broken people with the resentment they cause.
>>
>>28883373
You're parents did it incorrectly in the same way that you can you a hammer to remove a screw, they used their tools wrong.
>>
>>28883916
Bullshit man they did just as you said. That means your way of discipline is incorrect, deal with it.
>>
>>28883916
>>28883946
Also, by his logic, if you manage to successfully remove a screw with the hammer without stripping it, you haven't actually used the tool wrong. You merely used it in an unconventional way to achieve the same end goal.

Way to fuck up your metaphors, dipshit.
>>
my dad once threw a heavy metal canister at my head when i was a kid, i narrowly dodge it and it broke the wall behind me

pretty sure i would be dead or seriously injured if it hit me. wonder if he would be in prison for it
>>
>dad tries to talk to me more often lately
>gets fed up over how i ignore him and asks why i hate him so much
>mention all the beatings and physical abuse from him as a kid
>mention how i'd go days hungry as punishment
>mention things he made up just so he could take out his frustration on me and beat me
>tfw he looks dumbfounded and says he doesn't remember any of that
>tfw can't tell if he's lying or seriously mentally ill
>tfw he has the nerve to start crying

piece of shit
>>
>>28880899
>my dad never beat me
>but contemplated giving physical punishment to my older brother because that piece of shit never listened to him
>my mom was always overprotective of him
>at some point older brother went to far, offended and drunkenly smacked dad's face, my dad began beating him up
>mom freaks out, calls the cops
>some time later my parents enter a divorce
>from age 8 till 15 get beaten up by my older brother every day, acting like he was the man in the house
>move away at age 19 but not before snapping and giving my brother a black eye

I believe that physical punishment should atleast be an option when your child is actively undermining the authority in house.
>>
>>28880913
Exactly. That comes with gays, feminazis, Conchita Wurst and all that stupid s**t in the package.
Also, /thread
>>
>get spanked
>grow up to be an excellent liar to avoid it
>still a piece of shit and a failure but my parents don't know

kek
>>
File: feels-good-man.png (361 KB, 620x683) Image search: [Google]
feels-good-man.png
361 KB, 620x683
>>28884819
>all of the above
>not planning to have children but definitely smacking the shit out of them if I ever do
>>
There is nothing wrong with disciplining your kid by giving them a spanking or a smack on the check. However, beating your kids to be scared as shit is wrong. I know parenting is frustrating and most parents don't get enough time with there kids. I do believe then rather hitting your kids take the time to explain what they did wrong and how the bad behavior might effect their current and future life in a negative way. If you spanking or beating your kids past age 8 your a horrible parent and should of had an abortion. I do think it's acceptable to to back hand a bratty teen a couple times.
>>
reminder that beating your kids is a fundamental part of black culture, do you cucks still believe it's a good thinf?
>>
>>28884118

>take out his frustration

why was he so angry?
>>
>>28880899
because of scientific research showing that it leads to drug abuse, mental health issues and future spousal abuse. But you should just ignore scientific opinion its not like it has provided anything to the modern man.
>>
>>28880899
Are men even allowed to spanked their daughters anymore?
I feel like that just screams pedo nowadays
>>
>>28884869
>explain what they did wrong
yep
>how the bad behavior might effect their current and future life in a negative way

no child under 12 will give a single fuck about their future life

t. teacher
>>
>>28880899
My dad used to hit me a bunch.

He beat and raped my mother a bunch too.

I turned out a complete failure of course, because being exposed to constant violence from the age of about four turns you into an actual nervous wreck and drives a fundamental wedge between you, and everybody else.

Violence taints the people it touches and infects them with an urge to spread their disease.

The only person I intend to kill now, however, is my father.

Though, if I found that someone I knew was beating their child, I would torture and kill them without hesitation.

My life is a blighted mess, and my father's maltreatment basically ensured that I would never grow up happy or well adjusted.

OP, I hope someone rapes you with a knife and runs it up your spine.
>>
>>28884982
>no child under 12 will give a single fuck about their future life
Maybe they would care more about there future if they didn't have to sit in a boring ass classroom 5 hours a day while seeing little to no improvement in skill week after week.
>>
>>28885063
I'm not even talking about that sort of far away future

It's like they have no concept of it. If you offer them a cookie now if they do 6 pages of math problems a week from now or else suffer some horrible consequences they will gleefully agree.

If you give them 6 pages of math problems to do and offer ten cookies as a reward after they're done they will tell you to shove that cookie up your ass.
>>
>>28884428
Yeah. There isn't any reason to physically punish your kid when they're acting normal but if you had a kid that just wouldn't listen what else would you do? Send them to bootcamp?
>>
>>28880899
When it started not working. Which is never. If they don't respect you, fear won't make them respect you. It'll make them fear you, and resent everything you try to teach them.
>>
>>28880899
Restrain them, don't beat them. The best way to discipline is to put them in time out and ignore them.
>>
File: 1441573953887.jpg (75 KB, 816x816) Image search: [Google]
1441573953887.jpg
75 KB, 816x816
>>28880899
>I was beaten as a child so everyone else should too
Let it go anon.
Thread replies: 176
Thread images: 20

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.