[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>normies ruiened the internet I always hear this but normies
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (69 KB, 600x239) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
69 KB, 600x239
>normies ruiened the internet
I always hear this but normies have always been on the internet. Everyone knew was on the internet as long as it was around.
>>
>>28880496
26 year old fag here.
I remember the internet being something normies only used to research shit for school or watch YouTube in small spurts.
Then MySpace gained traction and it got swarmed with people who didn't even know what a gif was.

Social media brought in all the normies.
>>
>>28880496

>normalfags were on BBS in the 90s

They really weren't.

The longer the internet has been around the lower the barrier to entry has become.

You now have to know pretty much nothing about computers to use it. Your grandmother and her fucking dog are probably on facebook.
>>
>>28880496
>Everyone knew was on the internet as long as it was around.
not at all
computers were expensive and tricky, most did not have them or even understand how to work them
internet was slow and a bitch to get set up/working
it was like that for years
as computers got easier to use, internet speeds increased, and computers got cheaper more and more people not only bought and used computers but also got online more and more

there was a time when spending your night on an image or message board meant you were probably not a normal average person. those times have changed since it seems everyone is online 24/7, either on their phones, their tablets, or whatever. always doing shit online and clogging up the information highways with their trash.
>>
>>28880496
What we have here is somebody that does not remember dialup internet. (read: underage b&)
>>
>>28880496
>normies have always been on the internet
underage fag detected
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.