[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Vidya thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 139
Thread images: 26
File: 12345df.jpg (27 KB, 250x313) Image search: [Google]
12345df.jpg
27 KB, 250x313
>femanon this
>im a loser that
>no game thread

What game you currently playing? I'm playing civ 5 and the diplomacy in this game is trash tier.
>>
Stellaris is very good and I haven't encountered many bugs so far. Waiting for the next patch to dive back in.
>>
>>28879293
If you want a game like Civ wherein the AI aren't completely retarded and the diplomacy is realistic to some extent try Europa Universalis, EU4 is honestly fucking amazing, don't know why it's so goddamn unnoticed by the Civ community. Its kinda hard to get into though but once you do you won't regret it
>>
>>28879324

EU4 is to Civ 5 what a s&w 500 is to a 22
>>
>>28879313
I watched filthyrobot play stellaris and I don't for the life of me understand it. And he complained a lot about how aggressive it is and how fucked you get from being first moved.

If the next patch adds more depth and removes that I might give it a shot.

>>28879324
Never heard of it, how does it differ/compare to civ?
>>
>>28879371
I'm not great at giving very detailed qualitative analysis so I'll just go into the technicalities kinda

While Civ only has a few civs with at most 25 and the amorphous blob of the Barbarian, EU4 has hundreds upon hundreds that are all historically based to the very last obscure city state in its' timeline of 5 centuries (you can extent this by getting the extended timeline mod but i wouldnt recommend that until you know vanilla inside out)

While in Civ you 'win', in the EU series its more of an alternative history simulator. You just wanna achieve the best long term outcomes, but I guess winning is getting your civilisation as good as possible

EU4 is real-time and Civis turn based

Diplomacy in EU is much much MORE complicated than Civ and the AIs have discernable personalities and unpredictable long term goals

All-in-all EU4 is much less accessible and less like a game and more of a simulator but its plenty of fun once you know all of its' features and if you're into history then all the better
>>
I've been playing a lot of AoE 2 recently since the We wuz Kangs DLC came out. Used to play it all the time as a kid, only now can I appreciate the strategy though.

Seriously it says a lot about the game that I've playing it off and on for most of my life and still haven't mastered it. Everytime I play I get a little better and my tactics improve but I still don't think I could take on a human opponent yet. No doubt the people in pub matches are gods by now.

AoE II is GOAT in my opinion
>>
>>28879459
Wow it sounds a lot more complex. Like the diplomacy sounds like the exact opposite of what civs is, and like that's the biggest downside to civ imo. I'll check it out
>>
>>28879670
Age of empires is the shit, I wish I still had it
>>
File: ScreenShot66.jpg (304 KB, 1280x800) Image search: [Google]
ScreenShot66.jpg
304 KB, 1280x800
>>28879293
> I'm a femanon loser

-Playing New Vegas, currently playing Dead Money DLC
-Playing Attila Total war from time to time. AoC is pretty hard.
-Thinking about playing Civ V again, but yes, diplomacy sucks and I only enjoy the game when every civ is already developed and it gets a bit challenging. Early game sucks flaccid cock
- Waiting for B&W expansion for The Witcher 3. I want to dress up Geralt with new clothes :3
>>28879324
SO is EU rally that good? I've been wanting to play it for a long time. I'm more interested in managing a nation than in playing war.
>>
>>28879895
It's on steam now. Like 10 bucks for the base game and conquerers another 10 for new DLCs I think
>>
>>28879907
holy shit people play attila? I've always wanted to play multiplayer with someone but people on the server browser just give up after a few hours
>>
>>28879907
I always used to bash NV because I thought it was so much worse than fallout 3 (not that it was bad but I just thought 3 was better all around), but after 4s release I really started to appreciate it. 4 is just absolute trash it's crazy.

And Witcher 3 goddamn. I got that game a long time ago and I've only put like 15 hours into it. I'm on that quest where you have to follow that ghost-baby and for some reason I just cannot kill those fuckin ghouls you walk past. Like they gang up on you and just tear you to fuckin pieces.
>>28879941
It is? Wow why havent i got it.
>>
stellaris
space station 13
>>
>>28879998
That is literally me, i got past that fucking level, got to skellige and just stopped for some reason, it was getting good as well
>>
>>28879293
I can't stop playing Battlefield 4

Help me
>>
>>28880029
It was getting good. Why the fuck is that part so hard? I thought I was just retarded and had to relearn the combat system but even after putting like another 2+ hours into it, I still can't get past that stupid fuckin part.

>>28880040
Battlefield imo is one of the greatest multiplayer games. No shame, I still play it.
>>
File: lightlord.jpg (36 KB, 400x533) Image search: [Google]
lightlord.jpg
36 KB, 400x533
LIVE, INSECT
>>
>canceled my order for Overwatch several times
I LOOKS SOO GOOD
but i know what it would be
>get pissed at retards
>get bored with the nocontent in a week
I should probably get Total Warhammer instead
if i can afford it
>>
>>28879998
>I always used to bash NV because I thought it was so much worse than fallout 3
That's just crazy man, NV is a much better FO3. Seriously, in every aspect. Obsidian got Bethesda's idea and polished it to make it perfect.
I wouldn't say 4 is trash, but is really disappointing. Finished once, never played it again. Maybe in a year, with all DLC's and mods I'll give it another chance.

For TW3, you are just bad... I mean, you only need to know how to fight. Cast Yrden, slow then down, and when they disapear roll away, cause they'll reappear behind you and stagger/fuck you. TW3 is one of the best games I've played in years.
>>28879975
I do. Most people must be playing WH now, but meh, I like history. BTW the AI is awful, you can predict how you are going to win just by looking at the armies.
>>
How do I get into Total War? I have Shogun 2 in my library but eveytime I play it I just can't get into it
>>
>>28880168
it takes time to get into
especially of you want to git gud, there are many factors to consider
>>
>>28880137
FUCK THAT GAME

Hearthstone is one of the biggest piles of shit ever created.

>RNG based
>Skill level makes marginal difference
>ladder is nothing but the same repetitive decks that are 80% percent aggro

I literally got done with an arena run about half an hour ago (2-3.....) because I was finished by an autistic paladin. Seriously, this guy had an anubisoth sentinal out and killed it off before playing another minion (didn't get the 3/3 buff), he made horrible trades and cleared his own board for me on more than once, but killed me because he solemn vigiled into a truesilver and kings on the same fucking turn.

Fuck that game. Even when I win it's only because I get lucky, the skill in that game makes almost no difference.
>>
>>28880165
Yeah the ai is literally just a swarm, they just run for you at the start. I'm thinking of selling my csgo knife to buy WH, looks dank as fuck and i own every total war so i need to buy it
>>
>>28880165
I wouldn't say Obsidian took Beths ideas and made them better, I'd say that Obsidian took what the original Fallouts were all about and adapted them to a modern game. NV is godtier

Fuck 4 though. seriously no replay value, no roleplaying, no skill checks. Fucking trash
>>
Dark Souls 3. It turns out FROMSOFT just got lucky with Dark Souls 1 and they're actually bad at making video games.
>>
>>28880231
Really? I heard nothing but good things about DS3.
>>
>>28880165
Yea, looking back on it I criticized NV for the same reasons I criticize fallout 4, but the difference is fallout 4 is actually much much much worse than I NV to 3.

And I disagree. Fallout 3 had a lot more depth to it. The story was so much better, the scenery was actually interesting (fallout new vegas just seems bland at times. Like roaming the wasteland feels like I'm roaming the desert not a post-apocalyptic wasteland), the quests are a lot less.. how do I put this, not worse but like you just feel more like an errand boy whose gotta do the quests to fit the narrative of your predetermined life. Also the game is so much more challenging. If you needed caps/ammo/armor, you had to work for that shit. Vendors sold scarce amounts, bodys dropped little to no useful shit, etc. Vegas you just have to go to the gun runners to buy everything you need.

But the thing is everything I just said is the exact reason I hate fallout 4 and like Vegas substantially more. 4's so dumbed down and bland it's not even funny.
>>
>>28880231
>>28880253
I totally disagree that they're bad at making video games. DS1 is one of the best rpgs/free roam games ever made. But ds1 was so challenging your average casual avoided it at all costs.

Even they admitted that they scaled bosses to be a lot easier in ds3 because in their previous games the people reviewing the games couldn't get past the initial stages of the game.

So I think it's less that they make bad games, and more that they pander to a larger audience to make sales better.

But ds3 is still ehh. Beat the game after ~20 hours and rarely faced any significant challenges.
>>
>SORRY FOR FULL CAPS GREENTEXTING BUT DOES ANYONE WANNA PLAY ANY GAMES OR SOMETHING?
>>
>>28879293
I'm playing metro 2033 and twilight struggle

I might pick up witcher 3 on june 1st when the final expansion comes out. I've been holding out on the base game so far.
>>
File: 1456593175800.jpg (316 KB, 1280x834) Image search: [Google]
1456593175800.jpg
316 KB, 1280x834
>>28880322
wtf are you talking about? I've beaten ds1 like 7 times, but im getting my ass kicked on ds3, barely just beat the abyss watchers.
>>
>>28880340
what games?

orregano
>>
>>28880385
You can't beat the abyss watchers? Are you autistic or are your hands broken?
>>
>>28880282
I'm sorry but the quests in 3 are so boring compared to NV. They have just the most black and white morality and there's no creative ways to complete them. Plus Beth's writing is always shit tier

>o no my dad went missing and im supposed to care even though his character wasn't even developed

I will agree that the wasteland is more interesting in 3 though
>>
>>28880253
That's because you're listening to people that haven't played any of the other games or are stupid. Every single FROM became profitable their games have slowly turned to shit, whether this is them wanting more money or namco/kadokawa is unknown. The maps are lazily thrown together under the guise of verticality, they did this in dark souls 2's dlc and with bloodborn, different layers in a map aren't coherent, they just throw two ladders in to connect them. Enemies don't follow the same rules that players do just like in 2, this is very apparent when you reach enemies that have poise when you don't because poise is literally turned off in the game. The game has absolutely no replayability unless you're achievement hunting because the game is pretty much entirely linear. You get infusion materials early on that you can't use until you're nearly done with the game. After 3 games it's safe to say that FROMSOFT either got greedy or DkS1 was luck.
>>
>>28880416
ANY GAMES
>>
File: image.jpg (26 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
26 KB, 400x400
I am playing Total war: Atilla right now. Playing as the Garamantians and destroying Rome, since we wuz kingz and the evil whitey tried to destroy us. My public order is so low I have a rebellion every turn but all my provinces are decked out with desert spears so it is all good. I am over extending a bit. Only have to three provinces since every other one I had to raze because of starvation issues. I have captured the Western Roman capital though.

TL;DR Niggers fight Romans and then starve to death.
>>
Oblivion with a few mods.

Pirated Stellaris and after becoming the foremost power in the galaxy it got boring.

Torrenting Deserts of Kharak. I will probably buy it next time it's on sale if it's not terrible just because I've bought and played every homeworld game since I was a kid.

Installed Attilla but it's too grimdark compared to Rome 2 and I prefer the earlier unit rosters of all factions. Seems to be an unpopular opinion on 4chan.

Aside from that, just searching for a game that's fun to play right off the bat. I keep starting things and stopping after 10 minutes because I can't be bothered learning how to play.
>>
Anybody here play star sector.
>>
File: 1448220796246.jpg (34 KB, 582x442) Image search: [Google]
1448220796246.jpg
34 KB, 582x442
>>28880452
I did beat the abyss watchers faggot, but the game is still hard.

>>28880474
think of something fun to play and ill play it with you
>>
>>28880385
the reason ds1 was good wasn't its difficulty. it was the amazing world design and open ended gameplay. normies just can't understand such complicated concepts and figured that the game is hard and people like it so it must be good because it's hard. and bandai namco bought into it.

and that's why everything since DS1 is shit
>>
>>28880518
What games do you play the most?
>>
>>28880474
Off topic but this is something I was wondering.

If you reply to someone, doesn't that automatically make your comment originallissimo since the beginning of your post is just a random string of numbers? Or does the algorithm ignore post numbers in your comment?
>>
>>28880513
Fuck of Randy
>>
>>28880548
I don't know, but total war games are always fun, all i know is that post numbers are not an algorithm, it's just a numbered post, so the fist post in r9k would have been 1
>>
File: 82.jpg (209 KB, 1280x800) Image search: [Google]
82.jpg
209 KB, 1280x800
>>28880216
That's why you can use ''Muh anvil n' hammer'' tactic against almost every faction. A shame.
Still, in vanilla, I think is pretty fun to play as one of the nomadic hordes and stay that away. I remember enjoying playing as the White Huns.
>>28880228
Hummm, yes, I was referring more the engine and they polished some things, like Karma/reputation and the companion's wheel, etc. But yes, you are right.
>>28880282
Part of it is a matter of taste. The idea of exploring and surviving in a post-apocalyptic city is well implemented in FO3 and 4, but it think about it, it makes no sense for a world to be in that state +200 years after the bombs. The game could be set only 50 years and would make much more sense.
In NV you see how the world is being reconstructed. NCR, the Legion, House, etc, they all are rebuilding the world as they see fit.
I agree about being the errand boy (That why the DLC's are so awesome btw) but c'mon, predetermined life? Fo3 and 4 are specially bad for this. Your character starts with a predetermined background and goals.
Also, I think NV is more challenging, but you can get tones of caps easily. You are in Vegas after all...
>>
>>28880513
I'm gonna give you $100 to fuck off
>>
>>28880564
I don't get the reference family
>>
>>28880453
>o no my dad went missing and im supposed to care even though his character wasn't even developed

That's honestly what you criticize? Vegas is "Oh boy benny shot me and stole my package, better go get my package back"

The only thing vegas did better give you more end-game choices. But literally that only applies to the very end. You can do whatever the fuck you want the entire game, then at the last minute choose your faction, complete a few quests for them, and finish the game.

The DLC is what puts 3 over Vegas imo. Fighting with prime again, going into space, going into a completely different setting with anchorage, but the pitt was ehh nothing too special.

Vegas had good dlc too, but hearts felt bland, dead money was horrible, old world blues i think as one of the best dlc for any of the games, and lonesome road was pretty interesting.
>>
File: 1461046587970.jpg (28 KB, 480x581) Image search: [Google]
1461046587970.jpg
28 KB, 480x581
>>28880529
Man idk, ds3 so far seems much more complicated than ds1, for some reason I feel like a normie that cant handle it and i beat ds1 and ds2 handily

>>28880541
halo 5, ds3, fallout 4
>>
>>28879293
Diplomacy in most vidya is bad. But I would say civ 4 is better on that front. Try it if you haven't. I'm not a civ 4 supremacist, but I think civ 4 and 5 have their pros and cons and are both worth playing.

>>28879324
Grand strategy is tough to get into, as it is much more complex, and isn't as flashy as other strategy games. I tried Victoria 2, and just could not stick with it.
But its still worth giving one of the games a shot I suppose. Buy one for cheap on sale and see what you think.
>>
>>28880625
any multiplayer games on steam?
>>
>>28880623
>going into space
Mothership Zeta is a fucking joke
>>
>>28880655
my computer is too shit to even run steam
>>
>>28880508
Sounds like you expanded too quickly.

But what do I know, I usually play as germanic/celtic tribes and never have with food or public order.
>>
File: 1461940641673.jpg (134 KB, 509x602) Image search: [Google]
1461940641673.jpg
134 KB, 509x602
/!\ STEAM SALE ALERT /!\
http://store.steampowered.com/app/222880/
Insurgency -85% 2,24e
TWO POINT TWENTY FOUR EUROS
/!\ STEAM SALE ALERT /!\

haven't played it desu but I bought it and will try it out later
>>
>>28879670
Fucking roger. I used to write AI for it, thrilled it works with the latest version those legends at Forgotten Empires made. Haven't tried the We Wuz Kangz update yet but looks interesting.
>>
>>28880694
hmmmm, looks like i'm stuck here on r9k then :(
>>
>>28880673
It added a wacky setting completely different than anything in any fallout games. I think the diverse atmosphere really added a lot, granted it did get pretty eh towards the end but it brought a lot of fresh content that the other addons kinda failed to do (the pitt was just absolute shit imo in comparison).
>>
>>28880743
>It added a wacky setting completely different than anything in any fallout games.
That's cause it doesn't belong into a fallout game
>>
>>28880709
>tfw 2,30e on bank account
aww yiss
>>
>>28880782
>Muh immersion
>>
>>28880824
>implying immersion isn't the only reason people play fallout games
>>
>>28880282
So objectively wrong it hurts.
Fallout 3? Depth? Lol, Fallout 3 is a shallow themepark, what was the backstory of paradise falls slavers again? How about Tenpenny tower? Rivet city? How do the people in Megaton feel about the Brotherhood?
It's like no location in Fallout 3 is aware that the other's even exist other than to tell you how to get there. NV is the exact opposite everyone has opinions, ideas, and backstories. The actions you take in one location can and will affect opinions and options in another, that's real depth in an open world rpg.

>struggling to get caps in 3
Utter shitter, considering how broken repair was, and how cheap weapons were in 3. In NV you can get huge caps late game but that's because endgame weapons can cost 10,000+ caps.

Sorry for sperging but you hit my biggest autist switch.
>>
>>28880452
Why are you so MEAN.
original
>>
>>28880713
You wrote some of the AI? It's really good. The old one was cheaty and half retarded

So far it's pretty good. I've only gotten halfway through the Portuguese and Ethiopian campaigns. All the new campaigns are fully voiced though which is a pleasant surprise and the new civs have some interesting qwerks haven't experimented enough to know how to use them yet though

It's awesome that this 17 year old game has recently gotten new content and support though make me hopeful for a new AoE sometime soon
>>
We are all robots, pls don't make this Fallout general, pls
You'll make me cry
>>
File: image.png (734 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
image.png
734 KB, 500x500
I'm in the midst of my Hoshidan playthrough of Fire Emblem Fates.
Got the special edition. Beat Nohr on release. Will move onto Revelation later this year or the end of the year.
Let me say, Hoshido is a real disappointment in comparison, but I expected as much.

Also will get back to Bravely Second at some point. Thats a great game, buy it if you haven't.
>>
>>28879293

I've never understood what the appeal of these games is, there's not even combat in it like AoE or Total War just shallow diplomacy and cartoonish looking graphics
>>
>>28881082
>why do people like something that I don't like
>>
>>28880459
I thought FROM said that poise was bugged and thats its going to be fixed in patch? As far as I have heard the enemies function under the same rules as the players, but the value distinctions between the two is where the bug is
>>
>>28881082
In contrast I find it hard to get into total war. The overworld map is bleh, and I'm rather poor at rts battles. But most total war battles are one sided and can be auto resolved anyways.
Civ games have more enjoyable combat to me imo.
>>
>>28881082
>no combat in AoE and Total War

How many lead paint chips did you eat as a kid?
>>
>>28881153
Better combat in Total war
Better management in Civilization
>>
>>28881159
says the guy who can't comprehend a simple sentence
>>28881082
I like aoe, I like rtw and I like civ. they're nothing alike. civ is about creating a story more than anything else. it's not about the battles and imo conquering in general is pretty boring. I just like role playing as a leader of a civilization from 4000 bc to near future.
>>
currently playing Napoopan TW, Xcom 2, and mostly World of Warships
>>
>>28879293
I'm playing touhou and it's very fun!
>>
>>28879293
I just watched the Warcraft movie and thinking about using the code to get the Game but mostly the Month playtime.

Hmmm maybe later, I don't know.
>>
>>28879293
i don't really play one game all the way through unless i get hyper obsessive about it. right now i've been alternating between

>moemon emerald
>cook serve delicious?
>slime rancher
>showin my lil bro OoT
>helping him unlock guys on brawl
>playing the cawwa doodies zambos with him
>>
>>28881232
Any complaints about xcom 2? I beat Xcom 1 a month ago just to say I did it. Never touching that game again with its bullshit gimmicks.
>>
Basically only playing Rocket League.

And I can't kill the Orphan of Kos.
It's really demoralizing when you run out of bloodvails.
>>
>>28880623
How can someone be this plebian?

>dead money is horrible while amchorage is good
18+ to post on this site. Can you even name 2 characters from anchorage? It was a glorified cod campaign with shitty combat. Broken steel fixes the broken ending so it's good. Pl is the best but the pitt was the only thing in F3 that was remotely deep. Every other quest is straight black and white, evil v. good. In the Pitt we finally get some actual moral dilemma in an rpg.

New vegas had DM with it's amazing characterization and an actual literary main idea. HH is a theme park, OWB a funny theme park but also great characters. LR ties the overarching plot together.

>praising zeta
18+ to post on this site.

>only lategame choices in NV
Factually incorrect. You have to purposefuly game the system to avoid getting excommunicated from factions. Not to mention the dozen of minor factions you can make hostile along the way.

Both stories had fine motivation, but NV logically raised the stakes without making your character into something that he isn't. In 3 you have to be the goody 2 shoes daddy's boy all the way up until the end when suddenly you can be a genocidal monster.
>>
>>28881317
>It's really demoralizing when you run out of bloodvails.
Create a dungeon solely for farming bloodechos, I have one that I clear out when I'm out of vials and it nets me like 300k echos.
>>
>>28881398
Is that really more efficient than just going back Yharnam?

How do you specifically create a dungeon that's rich with blood vials?
>>
>>28880548
no. the numbers of a reply are omitted, it only counts your words.

i could have sworn that the robot used to count images too, because i remember every time i would do dumps, i would have to color one pixel of a picture before i uploaded it
>>
>>28881281
i mean as in, i dont sit down to beat a game in one sitting or ignore other games in favor of playing one. i still finish shit though.
>>
>>28879324
Eu4 is absolute crap. Fuckton of dlc ontop of full price game. but i pirated it and i hated it.

All you do is wage war, peace time is boring.
battles are random based on dice rolls.

Fuck off shill
>>
>>28881423
Create one that's easy to clear and use the +bloodecho runes. I go for one where I can one shot pretty much everything then just sprint through it occasionally.
>>
File: Civ V.jpg (57 KB, 527x301) Image search: [Google]
Civ V.jpg
57 KB, 527x301
Was clocking hours on Warband, but I got Stardew Valley a few days ago, and now I'm struggling to do my work.
Send help.
>>
I am also playing civ 5, currently playing as Washington and at war with Wu Zetian (China)
>>
>>28882012
Worst guy to be at war is Shaka Zulu. Fuck, I remember playing a ''Continents'' game and he conquered half the world by himself.
>>
File: 1426038864797.jpg (48 KB, 400x462) Image search: [Google]
1426038864797.jpg
48 KB, 400x462
>>28880282
You're wrong and you would know why you are wrong if you weren't so stupid.

I'm not going to explain it to you.
>>
>spend hours on /v/
>/r9k/ has way more actual videogame discussions
>>
File: 1452693075733.gif (831 KB, 225x144) Image search: [Google]
1452693075733.gif
831 KB, 225x144
Who hype for Civilization 6?

Districts look great
Civil tree look interesting
Roads can only be made naturally through trade routes
Tile improvements don't take time, but use a charge from a new unit called a builder, who may have around 4

Aldo Teddy is the American civ
>>
File: tld 2016-01-17 20-59-26-75.jpg (73 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
tld 2016-01-17 20-59-26-75.jpg
73 KB, 1600x900
I'm playing The Long Dark, perfect game for robots, all about the solitude and survival

I'm also playing through the three Ezio Auditore Assassin's Creed games at the moment and the three mass effect games
>>
>>28883978
>playing AssAssN Crap
>>
File: Darklow.png (6 KB, 238x162) Image search: [Google]
Darklow.png
6 KB, 238x162
Been playing a fun little mmo called Aberoth. It's kind of like runescape in that you just click to attack. But you have more manual control and can kite npc's (You have to kite some big goys). There is open world pvp if someone turns on "unfriendly" mode they can go on a killing spree at a whim. But will be punished and sent to jail for 24 real life hours if killed.
It's charming and free. More people should play it. It can be really hard and unforgiving though be warned.
>>
>>28881641
this. eu4 is overrated, not nearly as deep as its made out to be. civ5 is great besides the poor ai.
>>
File: too moist.png (657 KB, 600x900) Image search: [Google]
too moist.png
657 KB, 600x900
Hotline Miami 1 and 2 are great games, comfy colorful feel combined with tense encounters

>pic related, my favorite character from both games
>>
>>28884297
my original nigga
>>
>>28879324
civ 5 sucks, play 4 or 3
EU 4 sucks, play 3
CK2 was good at launch but sucks ass now, bloated and full of meme mechanics, play an old patch version no more current than Sword of Islam for the best experience
HOI 3 sucks, play 2/DH mod

>>28880385
All souls game bosses aren't that bad after the first time you've beat them. 3 is no exception, 3 has a shitload of fucking garbage easy bosses though, I think they're way easier than DS1 (though DS1 was easier for pyromancy runs, which are still piss easy in 3)

DS1 was the best souls game because it had the best world design, almost everything was connected. 3 has more of that than 2 did but it's still lacking by comparison. Areas have no interconnectivity, there is no equivalent to taking the londo lift down to the drakes and taking the back door to blight town in 3.
>>
File: Mount_&_Blade_-_Warband_cover.jpg (57 KB, 339x470) Image search: [Google]
Mount_&_Blade_-_Warband_cover.jpg
57 KB, 339x470
Who /comfyoldgames/ here?

Warband and the sims are god-tier comfy games
>>
>>28879324
eu4 is the only game I rage at now
>playing as aachen on ironman mode
>get to the north coast in early 1500s without blobbing into the netherlands
>lose one war because ally ai is retarded
>lose every province
>can't afford colonies anymore
JUST
>>
>mod games to shit
>spend more time installing mods than playing
>craft perfect game setup
>start playing
>one thing inevitably bugs out and doesn't work
>stop playing that game for months
why autism. no more Stellaris for me
>>
>>28884619
>6 fucking years old
>6
my fucking jacket is older than that game
>>
File: 20160325061526_1.jpg (130 KB, 1440x900) Image search: [Google]
20160325061526_1.jpg
130 KB, 1440x900
Anyone here play/played wurm?
>>
I'd love to play Crusader Kings 2 with the new Conclave toys but there's no way to enforce realm peace indefinitely.

to make matters worse, the fix that was supposed to make the mongols properly mongol around wound up making everyone in the world balls to the wall aggressive, so Bulgaria/Byzantium invade the steppes, France and Italy colonize north africa quite a few centuries before they ever bothered historically, and East Africa is straight fucked within a century regardless of start date which is really frustrating to me especially since I wanted my first conclave run to be as Abyssinia.

I would be fine playing in a swanky map mod despite all that since I dig the map changes ibn moddin's legacy or somethin like that but the fucker's somehow made it impossible to reload a save on that mod, so I can't possibly play any khiva and chill campaigns out on that, especially if I get a crash while in the middle of playing.

Now I'm just waiting on the next patch to finally hit, but fucking paradox's patch policy means I have to wait until probably mid July to touch the game again and I suspect I'll be enrolled into highschool 2 electric boogaloo for a bachellor's degree by then, I hate college. At least Stellaris turned out OK and is something I can kill time with.
>>
File: cheapbuild.png (81 KB, 721x799) Image search: [Google]
cheapbuild.png
81 KB, 721x799
I'm allowed to build my own PC finally between paying off my student loans. I would like to get this below $600 while compromising performance as little as possible.

Can a robot help a nigga out?
>>
>>28879293
Just played Condemned: criminal origins. Holly shit, is it good.
>>
There was a sale and it might still be going, but I bought Postal 2 and finished the main game along with Apocalypse Weekend. It was pretty fun. I'm going to take a break and come back later to play Paradise Lost.
>>
File: Condemned_Criminal_Origins.jpg (15 KB, 256x342) Image search: [Google]
Condemned_Criminal_Origins.jpg
15 KB, 256x342
>>28885257
Original psycho-/x/-hobo-killing cop pic
>>
>>28884619
What are the best mods for Warband?

I'd like something historical probably.
>>
>>28885215
You could get rid of the SSD. 1 TB should last you a while until you want to upgrade storage, although the SSD does make it a bit faster so it could cut into performance a little.
>>
>>28885269
Damn, I remember playing that as a kid.
>>
>>28879324
I fucking hate this meme. They're completely different games. They are so different, one isn't simply "superior". Civ tends to be more about building empires while EU4 is much more about diplomacy and budget balancing. Apples to oranges.
>>
>>28885215
>buying windows
>>
File: 2016-01-09_00004.jpg (420 KB, 1440x900) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-09_00004.jpg
420 KB, 1440x900
who /anno/ here

>tfw ubi killed the series
>>
>>28879293
Majora's mask for the 3ds. I'm a zora now and I can't control myself.
>>
>>28879368
I've played about 800 hours of EU4 and while I don't enjoy it, it's do addictive to put some podcast in the backgroud and play it.
I'm not even good at it, but it's just so extremely comfy. They seem to try to make it more enjoyable with every patch. They failed pretty much, but at least props to them for trying.
>>
File: 20160325000905_1.jpg (231 KB, 1440x900) Image search: [Google]
20160325000905_1.jpg
231 KB, 1440x900
No one interested in wurm online/unlimited?

I love this game despite every 4chan settlement failing

It is always the most fun and enjoyable week or two before it ends. The broship is unbelievable. It's like going camping with nothing but essential tools with your bros
>>
>>28885380
>tfw my parents refused to buy me games where the ESRB rating was too high for my age

Oh well. At least I can go back and play the good games from then and good thing it stopped me from getting sucked into WoW. I still have no life but that really would have made me too far gone.
>>
Messing around with Star Citizen in Alpha.
>>
>>28885299
gekokujo
>>
>>28885593
Doesn't it cost money?

The idea of the game intrigues me but it looks like unfinished shit desu senpai
>>
>>28885215
looks good, pirate windows though, and don't fall for the SSD meme, hard drives are more reliable and are cheaper
>>
>>28886056
Don't you get a watermark if you pirate windows? Visible even when you play?
>>
>>28885606
Meh, I didn't bought it, it was free with some magazine.
>>
>>28886082
Nope, thats when you dont activate it, pirating it means it comes like it has been activated
>>
>>28885929
Wurm online doesn't cost anything. You can only get up to 20 in skills as a f2p but you can forage for coins and buy premium with them eventually
>>
>>28879293
Dustforce and Castlevania SotN. Highly recommend Dustforce if you like platformers. I was always a nintendo kiddie growing up so I downloaded a PS1 emulator and a shitload of isos to play through this summer, hopefully rekindle some of that spark I used to have for vidya.

Need more vidya to pass the time though now that I'm not at college and can't hijack the anime club's PS4 for Dark Souls 3 and Bloodborne.
>>
I have a shit computer. Should I upgrade my grapihics card or my CPU first?

>graphics
Nvidia Geforce GTX 650
>CPU
AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core (4 CPUs), ~3.8Ghz

I also only have a PCI 2.0 motherboard. Is it a bottleneck if I buy a 3.0 graphics card?

I also have
>>
>there are people who are so casual that they think stellaris and EUIV is difficult and strategic
>>
>>28879293
I've been bouncing between Dwarf Fortress, Endless Legend, and Sins of a Solar Empire.

Did some of pic related once and, while it was mindless, silly fun, there's not really anything left for me to do in SR3.
>>
>>28886477
You should upgrade your graphics card first.

It isn't ideal to use PCIE 2.0 but you will likely not bottleneck, depending on what card you buy
>>
>>28879293
i'm playing civ5 but with community patch project modpack
>playing as nobunaga, hitler declaring war on me early
>he fails taking frogpost
>conquer three of his cities including capitol, make him give up his second last one plus all his gold for peace
>don't have city connection because of england and russia blocking the way
>washington still strongest but i'm spreading the religion of my oneitis' love everywhere (inb4 cuck)
>>
>overwatch
With up to five buddies it's real fun
I like the art style and the animated shorts a lot
>Wow
Still my go to game for boredom
>>
File: 217028-r9.jpg (79 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
217028-r9.jpg
79 KB, 1024x768
The pinnacle of Rainbow Six before Ubisoft ruined all the Clancy games
>>
anybody like dis shit?
p comfy.. like 1996
20 years nigga
Thread replies: 139
Thread images: 26

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.