[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
how many of you drink coffee?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 1
i used to have anxiety and it was ruining my life

i didnt realize the effect coffee was having on me. coffee literally magnifies the feelings of anxiety by ten fold

quit coffee and cigarettes
>>
>drink coffee
>don't feel any different even if I'm tired

Why do people drink this again?
>>
>>28879085
>drink coffee
>go to sleep
>drink
>stay up until 3AM
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>28879066
Coffee doesn't magnify anything.

It's a placebo effect, I've been through periods of drinking coffee and not dirnking coffee and my anxiety is the same either way.

Congrats on fixing your anxiety problem though, even if it is a placebo lol.
>>
I get really intense headaches if I don't have at least 3 8oz cups of coffee
>>
>>28879173
Caffeine withdrawal.
>>
>>28879066
>Anecdotal bullshit

Okay OP but you realize that the majority of people in the world disagree with you right?

I brew my own coffee in a plunger every morning and the smell, taste and feeling really makes the morning so much more enjoyable.

Protip: Don't drink instant coffee, it's revolting. You shouldn't have to add any sugar to your coffee or even milk really.
>>
>>28879208
>anecdotal
>literally thousands of studies documenting the effects caffeine has on the central nervous system

pick one
>>
>>28879230
>people cant handle their caffeine and blame it on their shitty mental problems
>>
>>28879066
Energy drinks don't do shit to me
Coffee fucks my shit up and I'm super jacked
Literally why?
>>
>>28879273
>people can't handle their caffeine

that's literally the point im making. alot of people walking around with unmanagable anxiety disorders for precisely that reason
>>
>>28879230
Except the majority of the benefits of caffeine are listed as positive unless you abuse the substance to ridiculous lengths.

You're the outlier anon.
>>
I stopped a while ago.

I have ADHD-PI and caffeine can help a little with that. I remember when I was 14 and had my first coffee it felt great, my head cleared and I could think and concentrate easily, though now it doesn't have that same effect anymore. All I get is the withdrawal.

>>28879208
It does something, it is probably ok for normies but poison for someone who panics when they get excited.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22186305
>>
>>28879318
It's bullshit though, if your anxiety is so bad and unmanageable, the caffeine in a cup or two of coffee doesn't matter and has no effect on your anxiety. The most caffeine in coffee will do is make you a little shaky if you have to much. And if THAT makes you panic, you have a deeper, more serious underlying problem. That or manage the amount your drink for fucks sake.
>>
>>28879101
I'm convinced most of caffeine's stimulation is placebo until people get dependent and then when they don't drink it they feel overly tired because of withdrawal and think life without caffeinewas always like that.
>>
hey just testing to see if im banned
>>
>>28879421
Modern medicine, tens of thousands of case study's, millions of self reported cases and basic common sense all disagree with you
>>
>>28879066
drinking coffee daily is for normie goyim. I only drink it if I'm desperate for the caffeine
>>
>>28879719
>self reported cases
Yeah, and? It doesn't affect me or my anxiety levels, and niether does it for anyone else I know and have talked to about it.

Because other people fall for the placebo effet and believe caffeine is the problem can believe it all they want, doesn't make it true.

>Basic common sense
Has nothing to do with caffeine or the effects it has.

>Case Studies
It's all psychological. Because it gives minor anxiety-like symptoms does not mean it causes or amplifies it. But I guess you're welcome to keep believing it if you want.
>>
>>28879066
I stopped consuming caffeine, because it was making my tremor and anxiety worse
It's not too bad
>>
>>28879066
>i didnt realize the effect coffee was having on me. coffee literally magnifies the feelings of anxiety by ten fold
lol
no it doesnt
>>
>>28879172
Caffeine is proven to inhibit GABA, it's not a placebo. I didn't feel the full benefits of quitting till about 3 months down the line, it takes a good while to get it out of your system and you have to take into consideration that quitting also gives you anxiety.
>>
>>28879066
With coffee my heart beats slightly faster and I sweat slightly more but I don't get more anxious from it.
>>
Two or three times a year, I stop drinking coffee for about two weeks. Then I start spending every waking hour wishing I was dead so I start drinking it again.
>>
>>28879857
People confuse that with being anxious/having anxiety
>>
Quitting coffee improved my anxiety alot
>>
>>28879892
As someone who has suffered with anxiety, I think most people understand the difference between having a slight elevation in heart beat, and having gut wrenching, adrenaline pumping anxiety. There is no confusion once you've experienced that.
>>
>>28879783
>my opinion is better than modern science

Top kek brah. How much the coffe company's paying you to shill these posts bra? Absolutely embarrassing m8
>>
>le dont talk to me until ive had my coffee maymay
why are normies such gutter trash?
>>
>>28880034
That was literally one of the points of >>28879719
>>
>>28880089
+15 centss
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.