[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
camus is trash
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4
File: le absurdism meme.jpg (61 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
le absurdism meme.jpg
61 KB, 500x500
this is bullshit, and camus was a chad
>>
>>28878884
> just imagine sisyphus happy bro
>>
>>28878884
no discussion on this? i was hoping someone could change my opinion

the whole thing just seems stupid to me right now
>>
imaging sisyphus being happy is the philosophical equivalent of cuckoldry
>>
File: 1457161079859.jpg (143 KB, 440x422) Image search: [Google]
1457161079859.jpg
143 KB, 440x422
You can't discuss philosophy and religion on 4chan.
I thought you knew this.
>>
>>28879048
> I thought you knew this
why would you think that, after my posts
>>
>>28878884
All it means is that you will never be happy not working towards something
>>
Agree, read the stranger during school and though he was a normie as well
>>
>>28879058
If you're smart enough to understand Camus and Absurdism, you're smart enough to understand that 4chan is not exactly the right place where to discuss philosophy, as the logical fallacies that haunt this place because of the whole anonymous retardation are far too great for any debate among people.
Either you pick the polar opposite, which is Reddit, or you just stop asking people about philosophy altogether, since God is Dead and there's no hope.
>>
>>28879092
how can you endorse reddit on 4chan you fucking heretical plebian you drive me coco banana
>>
>>28879134
I endorse nothing.
The internet is cancer.
If you want to discuss philosophy then head to a campus with a philosophy major course in it, chances are you'll find lots of teachers and professors discussing it.
>>
>>28879092
awww, is babby too redditarded to discuss philosophy in an anonymous forum?
>>
>>28878884
>>28878938
have you even read the myth of sisyphus
>>
File: conspiracy.jpg (82 KB, 907x1360) Image search: [Google]
conspiracy.jpg
82 KB, 907x1360
all robots should go full edge lord and read this
>>
>>28879180
yeh

origami commento
>>
File: 1462013301651.jpg (33 KB, 530x600) Image search: [Google]
1462013301651.jpg
33 KB, 530x600
>>28879169
You just proved my point.
You can't discuss philosophy with people who constantly attack you or call you a faggot.
It is not even a matter of being hurt, it is just verbal overflow as the actual quality of informations traded is abysmal, as they're glassed with insults, worthless things or logical fallacies.
Again, if you really want to have a meaningful discussion about philosophy you should really go somewhere else, you will only shitposted to death here on 4chan and on Reddit, which is even worse in some aspects.
>>
>>28879194
Mah Ligotti niggah
>>
>>28878938

lol, camus was a dumb shitskin
>>
>>28879194
is it eerily close to the truth or is it a "herp derp space reptilian jews, the neighbor is mowing his lawn that means he is spying on me" kind of thing
>>
>>28879194
> normies say everything is good
> actually everything is shit

he gets to say everything is shit only in contrast to the normies saying everything is good.

like critics saying a movie is 10/10 GOAT, then you watch it and you're like "what? this is trash!".. but if there were no critics saying anything, you'd watch it and just be like "yeh, this was an alright waste of 2 hours, i had no expectations"

so basically, expect nothing, and your anger will fade. i guess this is what camus is saying.. the weight of the world is really your expectation for a gf, better job, money.. your engagement in fantasies like vidya and anime which make reality so shit in comparison.. but not the boulder itself. if you accept that all there is, is the boulder, they you won't be as sad. you're only sad because you're thinking of your waifu tulpa whilst pushing that boulder, and it pales in comparison. you can't have the negative part without the positive, and if your whole life is negative anyway perhaps its best to reduce everything to a nothing, and abolish both so you can just live in neutral instead. i think this is what buddhism says as well.

tldr; accept everything is and always will be shit, and it stops being "shit" and just becomes "what is".
>>
I don't understand why The Myth of Sisyphus was worth publishing. Was it that revolutionary at the time that his ideas have spread throughout our culture and now it seems obvious where it once wasn't?

>just because there's no meaning doesn't mean you can't be happy
What about this is so unintuitive and noteworthy? The Stoics were writing about the separation of notions and our emotional response to them two thousand years prior for a start. This is really just a specific case. There are even mundane analogues: just because I went to the store to buy ice-creams and they were sold out doesn't mean I didn't enjoy my trip to the store. But I'm not going to write a bloody book about it

>one must imagine Sisyphus happy
Well I can imagine him feeling whatever the fuck I want, Camus. You haven't exactly locked out any other possible emotional reaction here. Sure, he might as well go for happiness if he's stuck there, to reduce his suffering over time. But he's hardly obliged to feel happy. I think most people would actually be rather upset. Most people are quite unhappy with the prospect of working for a couple of hours, let alone eternity - and without seeing any results.

All I got from the book was that I didn't have to be unhappy just because there was no discernible meaning to life, which frankly was a pretty shitty takeaway. I've heard better insights from children's cartoons, and they're both more entertaining and shorter than this dry work. I'd bloody worked it out for myself anyway, considering it's not that obscure an idea. "There are no rules? Then I'll do whatever I want". Mind-boggling.
>>
>>28878884
Read L'Homme Revolte' (The Rebel). I think there are sections that apply to the contemporary phenomena of school shootings.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.