[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why am i too lazy to change my life even though I want to stop
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (23 KB, 250x232) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
23 KB, 250x232
Why am i too lazy to change my life even though I want to stop being a loser/neet?

What's missing? The motivation? Or is fear holding me back? Then what am i afraid of? Am i afraid of taking my life seriously? Who knows this feel?
>>
>>28876872
if you did heroin you would get a new perspective on life
>>
It's fine OP. I was in your position. Now I'm successful as fuck.

That ONE trick that will motivate you to fix your problems is...[continued in next post]
>>
>>28876877
But im too scared to talk to shady people
>>
>>28876872
I know that feel exactly. I think, at least with me, the problem is I'm too afraid of rejection or doing wrong so I just keep to the less satisfying status quo.
>>
>>28876897
Maybe the laziness has gotten to me? I joined a gym last year and only went twice.

Maybe facing real life is too painful for me to take so instead ive gotten accustomed to indulging in escapism ny thing is that i knew my life would go to shit when i was 13 and not being able to apply myself to do my homework or completing assignment until one day before it's due.
>>
>>28876872
discipline

I lack it

it is severely costing my life
>>
>>28877050
Any ideas on how to change it? After so many years the only solution i can come up with is telling yourself "just do it", and that rarely works
>>
File: 1455443016157.jpg (84 KB, 500x482) Image search: [Google]
1455443016157.jpg
84 KB, 500x482
>>28876872
>am i afraid of taking my life seriously?
yes, and i am too
i know that feel anon
its cripplin
>>
>>28877078
i can temporarily do it by making sure I do something where I can't distract myself, this has the best success rates but even the act of putting myself somewhere where there are no distractions or stopping myself from making distractions available again is hard.

sometimes dwelling on the incredibly bad feelings I get from past consequences helps but it causes me grief and makes me feel like shit

I think telling someone about it or someone helping you is a really good way but obviously I'm on r9k that's not an option for me.
>>
I really lack self confidence I guess. I never approach any girl outside, I'm thinking"why would she want to go out with me? I wouldn't go out with myself"

22 years later and here I am...
>>
>>28877807
I know if i go to the gym it can be the start i needed, but i dont even go. Its like im too comfortable being stagnant. How does one pull themselves out of this?
>>
>>28877869
I already go to the gym, have a job and friends...my problem is what I got above the neck...it's objectively ugly, quite ugly
>>
same here

I got a warehouse job from a hiring agency and quit today after 2 days

Any advice is much appreciated. Im thinking of killing myself though
>>
>>28878022
How did you do it? Im guessing you're going to say you simply just do it
>>
>>28878058
What didn't you like about the job
>>
>>28878071
I got lucky, my old friends from high school contacted me and we started going out again, now we go out nearly all nights. For the job I got daddy to help and I've always been athletic so the gym isn't a problem

It's just that amidst all this, being a virgin at 22 is really hindering my progress I feel...depressing really
>>
>>28878115
just gotta catch a break, sounds like you'll be fine
>>
Acquire a "fuck you attitude", find ways to make things better, don't plan or overthink things- be spontaneous, don't do anything you're familiar with for a bit
>>
>>28878084
Idk. It was easy. But I just left midshift because I was feeling anxious. I felt trapped, Idk hard to explain
>>
>>28876872
To all the anons here, I would suggest you learn to intellectualize your depression and other negative feelings.

When you immerse yourself in history, philosophy, and other thoughts and ideas of depth, it makes you detached from your immediate circumstances and emotions.

Despite how shitty your life is, you basically float above it in a cloud of contemplation and serenity.

I'm 25, work overnight stock at target, and i have a college degree. I find myself laughing hysterically when i realize the people I work with have never experienced anything beyond their crumb, slave-tier existence. They've been angry, miserable, and at the bottom their entire lives.

Its shit like that. I guess you could call it escapism, but its honestly just negating emotions entirely, preferring intellectualization of everything.

Also, the world doesn't care if you're anxious, misanthropic, or don't "like" the way things are. I hate non-contextual human interaction. I can interview, talk to authority, and anything else, but I fucking hate socializing for the purpose of socializing.

Too bad thats how you get ahead in society; by being an ingratiating faggot and making sure you contribute social value to other peoples lives. I'm joining the military because I'm too stuck in my ways, and the only way I will enact changes is if im forced to.
>>
>>28878167
>military
>not social

oh man

take it from another robot who eventually left the military because he couldn't handle the social aspect

the social aspect is very real
>>
>>28878282
yea but everything is contextual. There's a purpose behind your interactions with everyone.

I would want to join the air force btw. If you can enlighten me please do.
>>
>>28876872
you need to create a routine

go for a walk or a drive at the exact same time everyday then build up from that
>>
>>28878354
all the homogay jokes, dick jokes, jokes about 12 year old girls being too old, more jokes about dicks, jokes tangentially about dicks because they're about pissing, jokes that are tangentially about dicks because they're based off how guns are kinda phallic in nature, jokes about people acting like dicks (and a sudden absence of dick jokes when some female wanders in)

if you can't bond in with guys who go to training with you and eventually have to work with, you will become an outcast and it happened to me and it was fucking horrible.

If you want a context, it's there because the things you have to do require a good amount of trust and part of building that trust up is gradually opening up to each other through banter. Socializing for the sake of being able to function.
>>
>>28877078
are you willing to live life in total anxiety, always being on edge, nervous that you're not doing enough and stressful over every failure or potential failure?
No more living "de NEET lyfe" enjoying a relaxed sunday afternoon. scratch that, you won't be able to relax and enjoy anything ever.

it's either that or NEET LIFE for robots, nothing in the middle. this is the curse of robots
>>
>>28878428

So I couldn't just show up at work, interact with my coworkers to the degree that the job gets done, and then go back to my dorm without some kind of extra bullshit happening?

I could develop a routine pretty quickly that would take up all my time gym, shitposting, take some classes, read, podcasts, vidya etc.

Is this possible in the military, or is being an outcast intensified to a degree im not aware of?

I'm not a total pussy
>>
>>28878493
really depends on whatever job you pick or where you get posted, none of which I have any idea of

after training it's more like a 9 to 5 job

from your posts I think you can interact with people, at least better than me, as long as it's within a work context so I don't know. The military loves making you stand around and do nothing though, just so you can hurry up to do something later on and a lot of the social stuff happens between those breaks.
>>
>>28878535
yea ill take my chances.
>>
>>28876872
>Want to start being social, maybe meet a few people
>Aside from doing something with my group of long-time friends I have no idea how to actually go out and do something nor what things normies normally do
>>
>>28878430
I feel like an empty husk living he life i am now. I want to do something with my life but I'm not. I sont know whats holding me back. Fear, laziness, too comfortable? Suppose its just those three factors how do i address them? And i sont even know if its those three factors
>>
For me because i'm unhappy with everything. A lot of people have ran me over and hurt me and even if i do get my life back together the cycle repeats. I would have to live in fear trying to predict when the betrayal or goodbyes will take place. I don't want to suffer the same crap over. Maybe i'm a pussy but it's just how it is. Isolating myself seemed like the right thing to do.
>>
>>28878667
>I feel like an empty husk living he life i am now
I don't think a job can change that, but maybe luckier anons can help you
>>
>>28876872
I've realized that most people are full of shit and only associate with you if you can add value to their lives. I do have 2-3 friends where i know they genuinely enjoy my company but its such a rarity.

Furthermore, once you reach a certain level of intelligence and understanding about the world its difficult to interact with less intelligent people.

I can banter with plebs but its draining and a nuisance. Id rather just be alone listening to music, listening to podcasts, or reading something interesting. I live inside my head and most people in american society are programmed to do the exact opposite.
>>
File: 546515615.jpg (68 KB, 500x641) Image search: [Google]
546515615.jpg
68 KB, 500x641
>>28878146
>Acquire a "fuck you attitude"
Le epic nice guys finish last meme
>>
>>28878861

kek to the fucking max. "just get out there bro!"
>>
>Drink more water
>Don`t be as edgy as some of the permavirgins here
>DON'T START YOUR PC FOR AT LEAST ONE WHOLE DAY EACH WEAK.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.