[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
SSRIs and feels
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 5
File: 1171022428131.jpg (420 KB, 1507x1024) Image search: [Google]
1171022428131.jpg
420 KB, 1507x1024
I was taking citalopram when I first watched Kanon 2006, back when it was first airing. At the wedding scene I figured out something was wrong. I quit the citalopram without regrets. Now 10 years later I find my old fansubs and start rewatching, this time no antidepressants.

That Makoto arc. So these were the feels almost powerful enough to break through SSRI zombification. To think I almost missed this. And I'm still as NEET a failure as ever, probably still depressed, but fuck any drug that could take this from me. Auuu~

Antidepressant thread I guess. Mirtazapine is shit too.
>>
Whats the point of taking antidepressants if a person remains a neet?

Didnt your doc try something new?
>>
>>28876742
I haven't been strictly 100% NEET for the whole 10 years, because I have done some part time work occasionally. And here in the UK, doctors are great for anything that's routine (eg. I had a mole removed once, very fast and simple), but useless for anything that requires any thought.
>>
>>28876797
ever had therapy?
>>
>>28876812
It's all CBT bullshit, not even worth trying. There's no chemical imbalance, there's no error of thinking. Things just gradually get worse and there's no hope of improvement, because everything is designed for normalfags, and any remaining robot refuges are being systematically hunted down and destroyed by normalfags. Apple is largely to blame. The iPhone was the start of normalfags swarming the internet. I'm officially diagnosed with Aspergers, but this doesn't actually help me in any way.
>>
Do you /benzo/ ?

its the only upside to anxiety
>>
>>28876950
Good luck getting them here. I once had anxiety bad enough that I was barely sleeping at all and I was given 7x2mg diazepam. 2mg is practically placebo.

On normalfags attacking robot refuges:
https://status451.com/2016/05/24/millers-law-in-the-archipelago-of-weird/
>>
>>28876984
Where are you anonpai

NZ here, i get 20-30 5mg diazepam a monthish (i go once a month, would be more if needed)
>>
>>28877010
UK. NHS doctors really hate benzos.
>>
File: =).jpg (40 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
=).jpg
40 KB, 500x500
>>28877043
Ah that sucks, although it's understandable, people in a broken state of mind don't usually keep restraint of a habit forming drug like benzos are.

Weed gives me panic attacks, benzo + weed is super chill
>>
>>28876479
i've watched a disgusting amount of anime in my life and nothing has ever quite made me feel like the makoto arc from kanon.
>>
>>28877103
Try "The Plague Dogs". The ending of that matches it IMO. Assuming you like dogs of course.
>>
Am I the only one who enjoyed the 2002 version better. Sure the artwork was horrible and they cut out a lot of the story because they rushed it. However, the Kyoani version seemed to drag on for eternity. It seriously felt like it was adding in a bunch of boring, unncessary shit just do they could fill the 26 episode quota. It felt they could get the story down to 16-18 episodes and had the perfect anime adaptation for Kanon.
>>
Kanon is pretty much the only hole in Key anime and Kyoani anime for me

I really do need to watch it soon
>>
>>28877251
I watched Clannad too and Clannad is worse. The magical stuff is too blatant and the characters all seem stupider.
>>
>>28877272
Yeah the characters in Clannad really annoyed me, it's the reason I've only seen the series once
>>
Tfw 90 1 mg clonazepam a month and I don't even like them
>>
File: 1462865799544.jpg (32 KB, 267x274) Image search: [Google]
1462865799544.jpg
32 KB, 267x274
>>28876924
>It's all CBT bullshit, not even worth trying

I can resonate with this, to some degree. I went to a counselor/therapist in college and I was too smart inb4 no ur not, dumbfag for their methods. I knew what they were trying to do and most of their techniques are designed for average, stupid people. I left without any of my problems having been solved, and don't say I wasn't trying because I went to the counselor out of my own choice.

As for the second part of your post.... I'm guilty of being part of a wave of newfags that came onto this board, and I watched the quality decline for almost a year. Despite the people saying it's never changed, this board truly used to be owned by what I would consider "robots." It seemed more like a place to hang out than a cave of contention and shitposting/bait. I couldn't resist coming here after reddit basically advertised it through the 4chan subreddit and I probably contributed to a lot of the cancer that still exists here today.
>>
>>28877406
>I left without any of my problems having been solved
That is why you are a fucking idiot. CBT and therapy never claims to solve problems. You are always going to have problems. CBT is there to show you how your thinking is faulty is so you can learn to better cope and deal with your problems.
>>
>>28877518
I'll just think my way into normal brain function then. Thanks for pointing out how easy it is!

CBT only works for failed normalfags. If you're born a robot then no thinking technique can help you. The best you can do is learn to fake normalfag behavior through immense effort, and that's not sustainable long-term. The second you relax you'll blow it and your fraud will be detected.
>>
>>28877585
>muh special snowflake syndrome
Yeah, you got a shit therapist that did "supportive counseling" with you instead of CBT. You post shows entitlement and specialness. That's the byproduct of supportive counseling. How about going to someone who actually studied under Aaron Beck and Albert Ellis?
>>
>>28877634
>implying I did therapy

Autism is incurable. But it's not so bad if the surrounding culture isn't so hostile towards it. The old 4chan culture was like that.
>>
>>28877665
>Autism is incurable
Didn't I already say the point isn't to cure it? It's the same with clinical depression and anxiety. You take meds (like benzos) to "mellow" you out while you attend therapy to get your thinking straight so you can better function. The goal is never to cure it since it implies mental illnesses have a cure. They don't.

Like I said, go to someone who knows their shit. Don't go for someone who has their masters in psychology or social work, or one that has a Psy.D. Infact, avoid any that has a social work background or even tsken a class in social work. These are idiots trained in dumbed down CBT and supportive counseling, mainly giving you a pat on the back telling you everything will be allright when you make a mistake instead of telling you that you are a dumb fuck and breaks it down why you are through every minute detail and thought. Then they teach you about cognitive schemas and behavioral chains to show you even further why you are an idiot, and how to redirect your thoughts and behaviors so you get the best of ourcomes even if the outcomes are all shitty.
>>
>>28877764
Mirtazapine is terrible too, but I'd recommend it before a SSRI.

>>28877789
Sounds like a scam, and in any case impossible without more money than I have any realistic prospect of acquiring.
>>
>>28877634

I'm a different guy and my cbt psych gave up on me cause he didn't find flaws in my internal logic.
>>
>>28877824
>without more money
Do you live in some shithole third world country? All civilized countries have some form of charity care grant that if you don't meet certain guidelines, you have reduced or no payments. You continue to show the same flawed thinking that a,person who knows their shit will counter you on. You are displaying a flawed thinking pattern called "rationalization" that's based on shitty assumptions. A person who knows their shit will call you out on your bullshit and reinforce onto why it's fucking stupid thinking intil you have nightmares about it.
>>
anime always makes me cry when i haven't taken my SSRIs in a few days
>>
>>28877858
That's because you have a case of stupid, not mental illness. Stupud isn't treatable.
>>
>>28877906
In the UK, there is the NHS. If you don't want NHS treatment then you must be a richfag and no charity will have sympathy for you. The fact that the NHS will only provide shit-tier CBT is irrelevant.
>>
>>28877921

At least I can write stupid correctly...
I pretty sure he assumed that also and made me take an IQ test. The results do not indicate stupid.
>>
>>28877934
Then I feel sorry for your shitty country that will only pay for shitty therapists that pretend to know CBT when in reality they're doing stupid shit like supportive counseling.
>>
>>28877942
IQ is extremely flawed. It only measures intelligence on certain domains like spatial reasoning. Hence why I know you went to an idiot.
>>
I thought SSRI is suppose to make you more motivated to live your life? Why does it turn people into zombies instead.
>>
>>28877977
Nope. SSRI's "mellow" you out (that is, it blunts out your emotions).
>>
>>28877987
So then its only good for coping? i.e. Keeping you alive
>>
>>28878016
Bingo! We have a winner!
>>
>>28878016
Pretty much. Most people like to think they make you happy. The truth is: it's just a normie meme. The only ones that make you happy are dopamine acting AD's, which is something that isn't used often because tolerance builds up (see Adderall and Wellbutrin).
>>
>>28878050
Why don't you ask an actual doctor instead of the echo chamber who will say what you want to hear: no.
>>
>>28878050
If you literally can't enjoy anything then it might help. But more likely there are a few things you can still enjoy, and they are all the more precious because they are so rare. SSRIs means losing them.
>>
File: 409.png (386 KB, 600x701) Image search: [Google]
409.png
386 KB, 600x701
>>28878068
>Why don't you ask an actual doctor
>>
>>28876479
>tfw treatment resistant depressions
Antidepressants usually just make my stomach hurt or kill my dick
>>
>>28878128
>masturbate once every 3 months on AD
>masturbate every few days off AD

The limp dick was a positive. Im not getting laid anytime soon
>>
>>28878040
To added to this: dopamine is our pleasure chemical. Dopamine acting meds increase dopamine to...well...increase our pleasure. The problem is that meds used to increase dopamine levels tend to "flood" the receptors, causing habituation. The best thing is to keep dopamine acting meds to recreational use and rarely use. Find an activity that gives you a slow build up or uses enfocannboids (our natural thc). I like running, which uses both. Sure, it isn't the best feeling as say snorting a roxy or smoking a joint, but by mile 3-4, i feel great. Try different things until you find yours. Running or lifting may not be yoyr thing. Research activities that boost your dopamine.
>>
>>28876984
Darknet. But get something shorter acting than Valium if you're going to take it more than once or twice per month. Valium's half-life is too long. I was taking it 2-3 times per week for a few months and I got (physically) addicted. That was over a year ago and I've only just got off it.
>>
>>28878110
>doctor
Jewciatrists are not real doctors. Go to an actual doctor.
>>
File: 1463192827817.png (243 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1463192827817.png
243 KB, 500x281
>tfw been on every ssri that exists
>tfw been on almost every stim that exists
>tfw been on every benzo that exists(currently librium, valium was too sedating)
who here /adderalltostopdepression/?
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.