[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is he one of us? He could've been a normie Chad, but instead
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 127
Thread images: 9
File: 1446278816270.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1446278816270.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
Is he one of us?
He could've been a normie Chad, but instead he chose to fuck with people like the roaches they are
>>
>>28876239
He was a homosexual. Faggots can't be normies.
>>
>>28876273
Holy shit I never noticed that.

Moreover, I'm the only person I know that supported Light, all the normies stopped watching when L died.
>>
>>28876239
He was a major moralfag (even if by normal moral standards "misguided").
A true robot is true neutral.
>>
>>28876321
he killed his own Dad
he made the normalfags scared shitless
>>
>>28876321
everyone becomes a moralfag when they can kill a man with a sneeze. only a true faggot would not drool at the possibilities
>>
L was the robot desu senpai
Light was a normie doing well in school and shit
>>
>>28876239
At best a cyborg.

A cyborg is someone chooses robothood. A robot is someone who chooses robothood and is forced into it. A failed normie is someone who doesn't choose robot hood, but is forced into it anyway.

>>28876321
Moralfag =/= normie morals

He believed that the ends justified the means. Most normies are repelled by that philosophy.

Besides. I'm neutral myself and am mostly repelled by the moralfags on this board but that doesn't necessarily make someone not a robot. If anything I'd argue having conflicting morals with wider society is more likely to make you a robot than being completely apathetic or committed to neutrality would.
>>
>>28876387
>Moralfag =/= normie morals
Right, that's what I'm saying. He might not be a normie moralist but he was still an extreme moralfag.

I wasn't being 100% serious with the true neutral thing, of course though. There is no strict "robot identity" and there are plenty of fags just like him around here that are widely considered robot, I'll admit that freely.
>>
>>28876306
To be fair the quality and my interest levels fucking plummeted after L died.

Literally an edgy chocolate addict and le young genius at the same time.
>>
He was a typical SJW.

>Fuck these disgusting morally bad people. I KNOW I'LL MURDER THEM ALL AND CREATE A UTOPIA WHERE EVERYONE IS INTIMIDATED INTO BEING MORAL

Then again, are robots any different? Are anybody?
>>
>>28876501
yes, im pretty sure most people, normies included arent like that
>>
>>28876239

Does every retard on this board have his own strict definition of "robot" ?

Raito (seriously, who decided that calling him "Light" wasn't an imbecillic idea?) strived to make the world a better place. He was obviously a good guy, I don't see how anyone could even argue.
>>
>>28876513
Not to that extreme but the vast majority has at some point wished they had the power to just remove the people they see as the source of the world's problems.

Or maybe I've just dealt with too many genuinely bad people over the years.
>>
>>28876273
>gay's can't be normies
hahaha cool meme dude
>>
>>28876527
no, he wanted to be a god
>>
>>28876527
>strived to make the world a better place
At first maybe. Then he just became an anti-Christ-tier narcissist obsessed with power.
>>
>>28876544

I think that was a secondary objective.

Also, I think he would have made a fine god.

The only thinf I found objectionable about his philosophy was that he would have exterminated all the lazy people. But other than that, he was very much morally superior to everyone else.
>>
>>28876581
>manipulates well-meaning people wanting to help
>discards them like used goods
>morally superior
>>
>>28876554

He was surrounded by evil people who were trying to sabotage his attempts at cleansing the world. Understandably, he was under some stress. Far as I can tell, he tried to fulfill his mission to the very end.
>>
>>28876608
>well-meaning people

Who among them was well meaning?
>>
File: 12312.jpg (40 KB, 329x344) Image search: [Google]
12312.jpg
40 KB, 329x344
>can do stuff without geting caught
>gets caught
wow
>>
>>28876641

I really liked DN, but I have to agree.

If he wasn't such a cocky asshole who felt the need to taunt those pursuing him, he would not have gotten cornered as he did.

But then it wouldn't be very interesting.
>>
>>28876641
I don't think you can commit genocide with the death note without getting caught.
I think it's inevitable unless you have the shinigami eyes(which is a shit deal, fuck only living half you lifetime)
>>
>>28876541
They literally can't though. Normies pretend to accept them because social justice is in right now.

98% of the world is hetero and all heteros are secretly disgusted by faggots.
>>
>>28876527
>strived to make the world a better place
so do SJWs
that doesn't mean they actually make the world better
>>
>>28876349

>Write the Presidents name down
>write that he gives the order to Nuke Russia and China before he dies
>Presidents shoots the Vice President on Live TV then an heros by shooting at Secret Service
>watch the fireworks go off
>>
>>28876670

Patently untrue. I don't care where you stick your dick, as long as it's not in me.

Gay sex is yucky to me, but I see no reason to hate them for it.
>>
>>28876535
>Not to that extreme but the vast majority has at some point wished they had the power to just remove the people they see as the source of the world's problems.

That's true, I still feel commies should at the very least be rotting in jail. How many more times do you have to try forcing that garbage on people and how many more millions of people have to die before you admit your system is shit and stop promoting it to the masses.
>>
>>28876673
>so do SJWs

I actually disagree. SJWs don't really care about making the world a better place, it's all for show.

And Light demonstrably DID make the world better. I mean, come on. Non-existant crime rates? Did SJWs ever accomplish that?
>>
>>28876700
You're just blind then. There's a reason so many faggots stay in the closet their entire lives.
>>
>>28876715

I'm not denying that homophobia exists, but to say that all straight people hate gays is absurd.
>>
File: fbi.png (14 KB, 679x427) Image search: [Google]
fbi.png
14 KB, 679x427
>>28876685
you done fucked up.

org
>>
>>28876273
Yagami -> iamgaY
>>
>>28876780
SHIIIITEEEEEEEEEE

shiiiiiteeeee
>>
>>28876664
If I sat in my room killing people with the DN then no one would catch me. It would be literally impossible to catch someone using it unless they're utterly retarded.

The only reason Light even gets caught is because he's a complete retard and L makes decisions that only make sense if the DN existed...which it didn't from what everyone knew.
>>
>tfw no other anime has a god-tier OST like Death Note
>nothing even comes close
I should just stop watching anime. Disappointing soundtracks.
>>
>>28876840
Watch Akira
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77zU5JMOqUg

It's fucking goat
>>
>>28876854
I remember the movie being shit but I'll try the soundtrack itself.
>>
>>28876840

DN is way more suited to a manga format. The anime just makes it laughable.

>I WILL TAKE A CHIP... AND EAT IT!
>>
>>28876828
Where would you hide the death note when they search everyone?

>>28876857
You didn't like Akira?
Damn
>>
>>28876828
>L makes decisions that only make sense if the DN existed...which it didn't from what everyone knew
this is why I didn't like the show. It was essentially the author playing battleship with himself, but he knew where all the pieces are on both sides.

The "gotchas" in the show never felt genuine.
>>
Name some genuinely good psychological/thriller/mystery, /r9k/

I can easily list a bunch of movies and books but not anime--outside of Akagi/Kaiji.
>>
>>28876866
Literally just leave it in a weatherproof bag up the forest near my home. I go on walks everyday so it'd be fine.
Also they'd never search anyone since no one would think a magical item from an anime is what is causing the deaths.

That is exactly the logic jump I'm talking about.
>>
File: I WIN.gif (949 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
I WIN.gif
949 KB, 200x200
Just a reminder that season 2 doesn't exist and this was the true end.
>>
>>28876914
Yep, this. I'd make sure all the deaths from DN would be varied in method and timing. Light went out blaring with trumpets announcing his presence to the world.
>>
>>28876914
>>28876948
or, ya know, why use it at all? If you use the book, then when you die, you have to experience all the deaths you caused before finally having your soul destroyed.
>>
>>28876940
?
Read the manga, you fucking retard
>>
The better question is why didn't Light have the Lawyer guy just hide a piece of the notebook inside his coats lining for occasions in which a fake notebook may be involved.
Or ask him to test the notebook prior to coming down to the meeting.

>>28876979
That is a fan edit and not what happens. When you die you just cease to exist in the DN universe. That rule is just a red herring.
>>
>>28877000
No.

robot9000
>>
>>28876581

I might be remembering this wrong, but I thought the whole "exterminating the lazy" thing was actually from Mikami when he was feeding his manifesto to the public.
>>
>>28876713
Yep. SJWs are a joke. They take on easy, petty social causes and have no real big solutions for stopping the massive amounts of real suffering in the world.

Light truly cared about helping humanity, and was effective in doing so. SJWs have done nothing to compare.
>>
>>28876948
This actually makes sense. He wanted to make people think someone or something is watching them which would make them act "good". Just random deaths wouldn't achieve it.
>>
>>28876979
That doesn't happen in the manga or anime. There's no downside to it.

I'd use it sparingly, of course. Light killed thousands that were already in jail. What's the point? I'd use it to stealthily kill those whose continuing existence is a bad thing for the world or for those close to me.
>>
>>28876940
The live action movie was the true ending. One where L outsmarts Light.
>>
>>28876860
Really? I didn't even notice how silly that scene was the first time round, I felt as if the overly dramatic animation and music came together and fitted perfectly with the story so much so that it never bothered me.
>>
>>28877046

No. Mikami jumped the gun, and Light said something like "yes, inevitably I will kill the lazy people, but we must introduce this idea to society gradually, mikami will alienate the people with this". So, Light as in agreement, he only disagreed with the timing.
>>
>>28876828
Light got caught because he's a regard and killed Ray Penber just as he was about to stop the investigation.
>>
>>28876876
Are you kidding me? The moment when L convinces light to kill the fake L is one of the best moments in keikaku history.
>>
>>28877310

Ray Penber was only a means to get to the other agents in Japan.

And his murder had nothing to go with Light getting caught. Absolutely nothing.
>>
>>28877363
This.
There was no way to link Light to Ray.

Light was really just a complete spastic for using Police records and falling for such obvious bait as the fake L.
>>
is death note the INTJ's wet dream
>>
>>28877394

Don't forget that Light actually went out of his way to piss off the police force by intentionally letting them know that he had access to their info.
>>
As I said in a previous thread, they made Light lose in the most retarded way.

You're telling me Light wouldn't have specifically told that guy not to get the book out of the bank? What would be the motivation for him to get the book and kill that girl knowing Lighf could handle it? They were both meticulous and diligent, why would that other guy fuck everything up by disobeying a direct order and fuck up the plan? And why would he have all of his victims die of a heart attack? He should have changed it up and had people die differently.

I mean shit, here's an alternate ending for you. Light writes down the name of one of the guys from the investigation team and have him commit suicide after shooting and killing everyone except Light in the room. Write the whole team down.

Boom, problem solved.

Also, why wouldn't Light fuck Misa and that other chick? He's fucking dumb as shit.

Just a retarded way to end the show.
>>
>>28877410

The tests tell me I'm an intj, and I think that Death Note is among the top 3 best mangos out there.
>>
>>28877410
yep. Its a power fantasy for INTJs.
>>
>>28877363
How was Ray Penber not the reason he was caught? He was literally in the clear if he left him alone, his death is what helped L narrow it down from a dozen people to 2, and more importantly it put light on L's radar.
>>
What even was the motivation for killing Ray anyway? It's not like his investigating hindered Light at all. His death was more harm than good.
>>
>>28877577
Because he wanted to le epic pwn all the united states agents without any care for the repercussions.
>>
>>28877551

Because he killed L. The killing of the agents had nothing to do with Near catching Light.
>>
>>28877621
You're being obtuse. We're talking about his original fuck that eventually lead to him getting caught. If you want to say it like that, then, if light hadn't killed Ray he never would have been found by L and wouldn't have been caught by near.
>>
>>28877468
>Light writes down the name of one of the guys from the investigation team and have him commit suicide after shooting and killing everyone except Light in the room

You can't cause collateral damage with DN. So you can't just write the name of one ISIS terrorist and say "he blows himself up and kills 500 people." Light would need to know the names of Near and his team - and he knew none because they were the only ones still alive.
>>
>>28877468
>Write the whole team down.
Only Mikami had shinigami eyes. There was no way for Light to find out their names.
>>
>>28877663

If you want to go back to the original cause of the whole thing, you might as well point out that he shouldn't have killed Lind L Taylor, and he shouldn't have intentionally let the police know that he had access to their info.
>>
>>28877734

How could he have not found out their real names?
>>
>>28877760
Now you're just posting just to post. You may as well have said he got caught because he used the death note. I'm going to stop the cycle by calling you an idiot and leaving

You're an dumb
>>
>>28877768
Are you seriously asking how he did not know the real names of Near and his team? And that without shinigami eyes he could never find out?
>>
>>28876273
>>28876780
I always wondered why I couldn't like that show. Watched a few episodes but something just seemed off.
>>
>>28877792

I'm saying the guys from his own team, that his father headed originally from the police.

If you can't have them kill everyone in the room, then just have one of them kill themselves in an overly dramatic way that would cancel the meeting.
>>
>>28877818
You can't use DN to have one person kill another, unless you write both names down. So Light could only kill his own team, none of Near's.
>>
>>28877786

You can't justify how Ray Penbers death is the main leading cause of Light getting caught. I don't know why you are so adamant about it.
>>
>>28877954
It did accelerate things though. First, it made L zoom on Light faster than if he hadn't. Second, until then he had only used his powers to kill criminals. That was his first direct attack on innocents, and showed that he's really just an insane murderer who needs to be caught.
>>
>>28877834
That doesn't make sense. The guy who hijacks the bus is killed by a car. There must be a driver to that car, same for the biker killed by the truck.

It seems like you can have people kill others.
>>
>>28876780
Dammmn whoa whoa whoa
>>
>>28878052

You could mention several things that if Light hadn't done, things would have turned out better for him. You are just arbitrarily zoning in on the Penber case.

Also, by innocents, do you mean the agents? They were sent to find him. Meaning, Light was justified in killing them.
>>
>>28878094
>Light writes hijacker's name down
>hijacker dies, nobody else does

>Light writes biker's name down
>biker dies, trucker doesn't

Understand the difference? You can't have:

>Inspector shoots and kills the guy who calls himself Near, after which he shoots himself

It would only end up in the guy shooting himself. But because Near's name would not be written down, he wouldn't be killed as a side effect.
>>
>>28878094
One entry is one death. What is written in the Death Note changes that person's fate.
>>
>>28878219
>Inspector X shoots everyone in the room except for Light Yagami then shoots himself

Seems like it would work
>>
>>28878148
I'm not that guy you were replying to. I'm just pointing out that Penber a new step to Light's evilness. He became a full criminal after that, especially after killing his fiancee.
>>
>>28878267
It would work if you also added:

>Guy 1 dies from gunshot
>Guy 2 dies from gunshot
>Guy 3 dies from gunshot

So you can't kill Near and his team that way because you don't know their names. Only Mikami can, with shinigami eyes.

Think about it, otherwise Light would long, long ago have killed L with something simple as:

>Guy X who is next to L shoots him, then himself
>>
>>28878285

Penbers fiance actually came close to getting Light caught. What was he supposed to do? They were evil for trying to catch him.
>>
>light was good
>living in a world of fear where you can die at any moment for sneezing too loud is a good thing

no thank you
>>
>>28878357
All he had to do was burn / turn in the death note back to the shinigami. Fold while he's ahead. He made his mark, he'll never be able to use the death note again, but at least he goes free and continues his life.

But he decides to be a narcissistic jackass and continue to be a murderer.
>>
>>28878304
The only reason Light never did that is because it would basically end the series. I mean they openly say that you can control a persons actions prior to their death and as far as I remember there is no rule that says you can't use the DN to have others kill people.

The only reason Light never did it that was pure plot reasoning...and even if he considered it his character is setup to be an egomaniac who would want to beat L via a battle of wits. He even remarks in the final episode with Near that "I'm a bit disappointed Near, this was too easy".
>>
>>28878424
>and as far as I remember there is no rule that says you can't use the DN to have others kill people.

you can't use the DN to have others kill people. its a rule
>>
>>28878424
But there is a very specific rule indeed preventing this. You can't use DN to kill one person, and have his actions also cause the death of another.
>>
>>28878447
This is elaborated on in the live action movie. One entry is one death. But Light manages to get around it and have one person kill another, however it still needs both names to be written down.

>Penber's fiancee: takes hostage at gunpoint. Goes ballistic, shoots, then kills herself
>Light's gf: dies from gunshot wound after being taken hostage
>>
>>28878389

No, he chose to continue using the notebook and help humanity with it.
>>
>>28878518
>help humanity

He held back humanity for years, preventing it from fulfilling its potential.
>>
>>28878447
>>28878453
Isn't it that the actions can't kill someone other than the "Intended"?

I always took that as the actions can't have collateral damage beyond the scope of what is intended.

So for example you could say "Anon walks into X shop and shoots the manager" as it was intended and specific victims, whereas you couldn't say "Anon blows himself up in public space" as it has victims beyond your scope of knowing.
>>
>>28876554
>obsessed with power at end
no, he got to be a God at the end (became a shinigami)
and thus, he stuck with his original plan
>>
>>28876627
the reporter gf, and naomi
>>
>>28878580
You can only control the actions of the one who is going to be killed. So if Anon shoots shop manager, you need to write an entry for both Anon and the manager.
>>
>>28878551

I don't see how ridding the world of evil slows progress.
>>
>>28876713
sjws belive they're in the right though, and they think spreading their ideologies will make the world a better place
>>
>>28878664
>Light has a divine revelation and converts to Islam
>entire world is now under strict Sharia law, not following it gets you killed
>rids the world of "evil"
>watch as butthurt robots get what they asked for
>>
>>28878669
Nobody ever thinks they are evil. No dictator has ever thought that they are ever doing anything but good. Light is no different. He was a repressive dictator that made the world a hellish place, but still only saw himself as good.
>>
>>28878701

What are you trying to say? Have you undergone a lobotomy recently?
>>
>>28878364
>crime rate at 99% is better than crime rate at 0.0002%
>>
>>28878715

How did he make the world a hellish place? People were starting to behave. Which part of a crime-free society was hellish?
>>
>>28878762
>Which part of a crime-free society was hellish?
Why don't you ask DPRK about that.
>>
>>28878715
exactly
and to some degree, he did bring good (non existant crime rates)

I wonder how shinigami light did
(e. g. if he went to earth and decided to conquer it, become a true god, etc)
>>
>>28878582
He didn't become a Shinigami.

It says on the last transition panel in the anime that humans end up in mu (the void) regardless of what they do or who they are.
>>
>>28878804
>shinigami light

What is this? Some fan fiction again? He dies at the end.
>>
>>28878864
>>28878866
did u guys not see the movie version?
ryuk thinks the shinigami that went to see him was light
>>
>>28878943
what happens in the movie version when light dies?
>>
>>28879029
its implied he's a shinigami when ryuk finishes his story, notices the shinigami that went to see him is gone, and says, "Right, Light?"
>>
>>28878943
>>28879078
>>28878866

Is the movie cannon?
>>
>>28879856
what does that meam
>>
>>28879911
Sorry I meant "canon"

Canon means part of the actual story. For example, remakes of a show or anime adaptations generally aren't canon if the story deviates from the manga.
>>
File: 1463274041306s.jpg (2 KB, 88x124) Image search: [Google]
1463274041306s.jpg
2 KB, 88x124
Death Note was shit. Once Mello died I gave up on the shit anime, so regardless of what the ending was it will remain a piece of shit for as long as it remains on the internet.
>>
>>28880039
Ya get MEH SENPAI!
Kek Head!
>>
>>28880039

what is this? pedo bait for ants?
>>
File: Pepe.png (123 KB, 752x1062) Image search: [Google]
Pepe.png
123 KB, 752x1062
>>28880094
Listen I stand for justice and you will be brought down by my hammer of JUSTICE you scum, Desku ka? :*
>>
never red the Manga, sorry
>>
>>28880110
Is this good enough then it is from an unknown location.
>>
it feels like Death Note belongs to a different time now. edgy teens all over the west were fanatic about this. nowadays it seems like edgyiness means being SJW and Death Note would be shamed into oblivion (at least in the west) for worshipping a serial killer.
Thread replies: 127
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.