[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
NEETdom: why?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 167
Thread images: 24
File: 1450166961640.jpg (172 KB, 500x761) Image search: [Google]
1450166961640.jpg
172 KB, 500x761
What makes NEETs tick? Why live like this? What is holding you back, if anything? Are you happy?
Basically, Im looking for insight on being a NEET.

Ive been browsing 4chan for about 5 years now, im currently 20. I started out on /r9k/ and /pol/, though Ive stuck to /lit/ and /out/ the past couple years. During all this time my older sister has generally deteriotated into the quintessential NEET. Mid twenties, Obese, jobless, no education, not even a diploma or GED, no drivers licence, no job experience whatsoever. Basically a sponge, provides nothing while living at home at no charge. Shes very awkward, doesnt say much, is curt, and often gets annoyed by simple questions or requests. Shes maybe hung out with 3 people this year so far. She spend all her time in her room, on the computer, her phone or tablet. Doesnt even read, presumably. I have no idea how she wastes her time all day.

I can go into why I think she got like this, and how my parents allow it, but I leave at that until request. For now I just want to hear from NEETs what their thought process is. Why dont you like fun things? Do you at least read, or try to ingest quality film and art? All of these questions are probably soaked with vitriol, but I dont really know how else to ask them. How can you be okay with subsisting? Are you afraid of your mind rotting?
>>
I'm 28, I dropped out of college and just lived at my mom's house until I got on disability and moved into a housing program. Eventually I got more housing assistance and now live alone on disability, medicare, medicaid, full slew of medications. Diagnosis of asperger's disorder, Major Depressive Disorder, Anxiety Disorder.
The thing to know about the diagnoses is that they basically allow the psych people to get paid. You can read about the DSM, people who worked on it openly admit this but the general point is that getting people psych help is more important. I've been on 4chan since '05 and gone through tons of changes emotionally since then, and through my thinking about NEET or shut-in behavior through examining my situation through therapy.

The major point is that NEETs are emotionally distant from the world. They see things that you think are obvious or easy as insurmountable and extremely distateful. Its like you go to the fridge and its filled with literal shit. A NEET will have their own buffet of issues but it all boils down to things like fear, hatred, envy, and indolence. Self worth is low so having a conversation is usually out. Getting attention is out. The day of a NEET is mostly a day of existence and dependence, hours are not 'filled' so much as they pass on their own.
>Why dont you like fun things?
They might but a lot of the things you are thinking of fun are either scary or not fun to a NEET because they are locked in negative emotional states. Things like playing soccer can easily turn into them sitting on the sidelines feeling left out and miserable that they aren't playing while also being unwilling to play anyways.
>Do you at least read, or try to ingest quality film and art?
Personal and doesn't matter, a NEET life is a life of escape. Reality is not a concern.
>>
Society hates me so I'll leech off of the system. Simple as that.
>>
File: spd.png (32 KB, 512x429) Image search: [Google]
spd.png
32 KB, 512x429
>>28875930
>Why live like this?
I'd rather be at home all day instead of working some dead-end job that will get me nowhere like countless humans before me.
>Are you happy?
Not particularly, everyone is brought into the world by someone else (your parents.) We have no say on the matter and to kill oneself is considered bad.
>Why don't you like fun things?
Fun is an opinion, just as right and wrong are opinions. In the end nothing that you do will really matter.
>Do you at least read or try to ingest quality film and art?
Everyone has hobbies, mine do not include reading books or movies.
>How can you be okay with subsisting
I take a rather logical approach to things. One thing we know is that life on our planet will be destroyed, just as countless cycles before us have been destroyed. The dinosaurs were just another cycle, whether we bring our own demise or some natural occurrence does it, the result is the same. All you do and all I do will eventually mean nothing.
>>
>All of these questions are probably soaked with vitriol, but I dont really know how else to ask them.
You're a normie it's okay. No one wants to be around the sick or dying if they don't have to be, and NEETs are sick people. Being healthy is great, and you don't really need to do more but try to get these people the help they need.
>How can you be okay with subsisting?
Personally I never was okay. I even have a job now through a local mental health center and its 4 hours a week. I'm mostly there to make myself feel like I'm doing something, the money goes to binge eating. In my experience though, other mentally ill and NEET types are just so afraid or disgusted with the world that just being by themselves is probably the best of life they think they will have. If its about the future, its usually a fatalistic view where they believe everything will come tumbling down.
>Are you afraid of your mind rotting?
NEETs aren't exactly health conscious if you didn't notice. If they even care or notice hygiene(NEETs can smell terrible and never notice, or they notice and just don't want to do anything about it)it won't matter as much as escaping will. Mental fitness is probably the last thing on their mind, as a NEET usually has a very low opinion of their abilities and agency in the world.
>>
Afraid of embarrassing myself and failing. obviously a sense of guild and shame have permeated my life since early childhood.

NEETs usually suffer from guilt, anxiety, social phobia, shame, sadness etc. normally a person can recover from this but once in a while we get people who can't and they are usually left to rot in their rooms.
>>
File: 1264092530401.jpg (86 KB, 500x605) Image search: [Google]
1264092530401.jpg
86 KB, 500x605
>>28875930
Everything's cool, dood. I like fun things. Fun things in my comfy house. Fun things in my head. Fun things in my extensively modded Bethesda brand fantasy life simulator.

>What is holding you back
To put it succinctly, the rewards aren't worth the risk. No amount of putting my nose to the grindstone will emancipate me from labor, like some rent seeking richfag. Unless of course I'm insanely lucky, in the right place at the right time, etc. But I'm not a gambling man.

>ingest quality art?
/mu/ pls go.
>>
>reading
>fun

For some.

Me? I'd rather sleep, eat, or masturbate. I find very little pleasure in reading.
>>
File: 1452423187455.jpg (27 KB, 700x356) Image search: [Google]
1452423187455.jpg
27 KB, 700x356
>>28875930
The only thing keeping me from being a "proper" NEET is that I don't want to be a burden on my parents

I'm halfway done with my undergrad and I hope to land a decent career by the time I graduate so I won't have to keep depending on my parents to support me. I don't care much about life or death but for some reason being a useless person and bringing down other people just really bothers me. I just want to be on my own and not give people a reason to bother me

I've only got three friends that I talk to and hang out with semi-regularly. Everyone else I knew/meet I just lose contact with because I can't be arsed to put in the effort to talk to them. I don't really have any hobbies besides vidya, internet, music, and backpacking. I always try to find other things to do but I just don't have the drive to keep doing them

I've lost the motivation to find a relationship. I got burned too bad in my previous ones and I'd rather just stay in my room and shitpost than try to court some random chick that will probably think I'm a freak because I don't watch netflix and tweet all day long. That previous sentence alone should show you how detached I am from society. I don't know what "normal" people do to have fun or pass the time. I cannot relate to them at all, they may as well be from a different planet

I can't say that I'm happy, but I can't say that I'm miserable either. I don't really have fun anymore I just sort of distract myself until other duties have to be done

When I can afford my own place I think I'll just be either sitting at home passing the time or working. That might be the point where I decide to off myself though. I doubt my mental health will get any better if I can fully shut myself in but it's all I want at this point. I don't want to be bothered anymore
>>
File: 1464151825156.jpg (34 KB, 634x453) Image search: [Google]
1464151825156.jpg
34 KB, 634x453
>inbf OP doesn't respond at all and we're write out responses like jackasses

>>28875930
>What is holding you back, if anything?
I'm a shitty, dumb, human bean who can't into societal interaction. I don't want it and it doesn't want me. I'm not going to force myself into being a normie because there is no point.

>Are you happy?
I not sure what that means at this point in my life, but probably not.

If by "fun" you mean "normie bullshit" then I guess I can't answer that.

I should read more, but I can say that I do watch film and ingest quality TV. Also quality music.

it's my reality

I wish that meme were true. But I just get more and more introspective and harder to please as time goes on. Being an observer of the world instead of a participant isn't something that makes your mind rot. I don't buy into this bullshit that every NEET is addicted to media consumption, I know i'm not.
>>
No idea why it's so hard for the norms to understand.
there are two types of robots as far as I can tell
1. practical robots (aka "failed normies") - those are men suffering from social anxiety, shyness, incompetency etc. they would like to live a normal life but are simply unable to due to a disability. norms have a hard time getting this because mental and psychological state are invisible (just b urself)
2. existential robots ("true robots") - usually suffering from depression and anxiety, they feel no connection to the world or people around them. they are unwilling (and often unable) to participate in the world because it won't alleviate their psychological pain.

Now norman, take any person (yes even you!1), give them condition 1 or 2, and they're a robot. it's not that hard to understand
>>
File: 1464159240165.png (42 KB, 846x592) Image search: [Google]
1464159240165.png
42 KB, 846x592
>>28875930
Following your >>28876098 steps because I'm lazy.

>Why live like this?
Because I'm shy, an introvert, hate working and basically afraid of trying because people have laughed at me for doing so. I'm also too afraid to seek help so I've been keeping it inside for alot of years now. I don't know if my parents have noticed that I've been sad for quite a while now.
>Are you happy?
No. I do get some enjoyment out of playing video games but that's about it. I've never had sex and never been together with a girl. Who would ever want to spend time with an ugly boring shut-in?
>Why don't you like fun things?
I only like to play video games, sadly they are getting less and less fun to play so soon I'll have nothing.
>Do you at least read or try to ingest quality film and art?
I watch movies every now and then, not that often though. It's usually horror movies or revenge action movies, they're the only movies I find enjoyable.
I'm not. This world has nothing to offer to people like me, nothing I do will ever matter. I might come on tv for doing a mass shooting or whatever but that's probably never gonna happen. Simply put my life ended when I realized no one cares/want a high school dropout.

Everyday I hope someone either kills me randomly or that a meteor collides with earth and wipes everyone out. I don't value my life anymore, If someone gave me a gun I'd probably think about my boring life for three seconds and then pull the trigger.
>inb4 edgy
>>
>>28876248
>no connection to the world or people around them
I know that feel. It's not a bad feel, necessarily, just isolating. People never seem to give interpersonal relationships an appropriate amount of gravitas. I count those few connections on one hand. My intuition tells me, very strongly, not to relinquish my heart to modern life. There's something sick about it.
>>
>>28875930
What do you define 'fun things'?
If it's anything that require interacting with a social group, it's not that I don't LIKE that thing, but I'm not ALLOWED to.
I've been pushed out of any social group my whole life. I don't get the choice to do those things, normies always kick me out.
>>
>>28876168
>>inbf OP doesn't respond at all and we're write out responses like jackasses
Almost did this, sorry mang.

So a lot of what I'm getting is that you feel pain or just in a set mood of downtroddenness. Why do you not try to change / stop this? Why do NEETs seem to not make any effort to be happy?>>28876248
Number 1 seems pretty plausible, but honestly these disabilities seem to just stem from a lack of maturity. When you KNOW you have a character flaw, whats stopping you from trying to change your behavoir? #2 is relatable, but kind of silly. Yes, the world is frightening and depressing. Its also lively, warm, and exciting at times. Existential problems are something everyone faces; why not face the day with courage?
>>
>>28876399
Honestly, playing outside is generally what I pictured in my head when I said that.
Walking throught the city, the woods, hiking, biking, exploring outside. These dont even require companions.
>>
File: 1464044210315.gif (104 KB, 700x526) Image search: [Google]
1464044210315.gif
104 KB, 700x526
A couple more questions;

Do you want help?
What do you think it might take to help you?
>>
>>28876465
Because you get shunned for being alone and ugly and there's only so much a person can take.
>>
>>28875930

GET OUT FUCKING NORMIE
YOU WILL NEVER FUCKING UNDERSTAND
YOU FUCKING NORMIE FUCK
FUCKING NORMIES
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>what's holding you back?
Dysthymia failing to respond to prozac, Zoloft, celexa, lexpro, abilify adjunct, wellbutrin, lamictal, lithium, elavil for 10 years
Social anxiety failing to respond to above + nonbenzo anxiolytics and a doctor that won't prescribe benzo for 10 years
Derealization/depersonalization disorder with no treatment besides possibly ketamine but not approved and have to buy off street which I am scared of for 13 years
Visual slow see above for 3 years
Borderline personality disorder for unknown years
Some form of PTSD from childhood for unknown years
Inability to respond to therapy. Not DBT or CBT
Medicaid sucks for 5 years

The better question is what isn't holding me back
>>
File: 1372979450800.jpg (422 KB, 1920x3328) Image search: [Google]
1372979450800.jpg
422 KB, 1920x3328
>>28876458
>Why do you not try to change / stop this?
Because we don't know how. The only advice normies ever give is "just be yourself" or "just talk to people more" or "just go outside".
None of this works because it's too vague and relies on having a lot of things NEETs don't have like social skills, self-confidence, friends and shit.

>>28876465
>Walking throught the city, the woods, hiking, biking, exploring outside. These dont even require companions.
Oh I see. Sometimes I go hiking on my own, but it's rare that I'm awake before 1pm and even rarer that I actually have the motivation to do anything.

Basically to understand NEETs, you need to stop assuming that we are like regular people, if we were 'regular' we would not have ended up like this. I want you to try and put yourself into our situation and think of ways you would try to get better. Every time the solution requires something like friends, going outside, 'maturity', loving yourself/self confidence or 'just making a change', get rid of that solution. They don't work for NEETs.

>>28876487
>Do you want help?
Of course.
>What do you think it might take to help you?
A miracle. I'm not sure what MIGHT help, but I know what I WANT to help, which is a gf that is loyal, obsessive and cares for me. Basically a person (who isn't family) that think my existence is justified and a worthwhile thing.
>>
File: 1295125396964s.jpg (4 KB, 123x126) Image search: [Google]
1295125396964s.jpg
4 KB, 123x126
>>28876487
>Do you want help?
Yes, little brother. Can you make me chocolate chip pancakes.
>>
>>28876506
When your on the trail, the expectation is to be alone.
People generally arent weirded out to see a man on his own hiking.
>>
>>28876539
>Basically a person (who isn't family) that think my existence is justified and a worthwhile thing.
this is not possible for men. vast majority of people don't have that
>>
File: 1383987067264.jpg (461 KB, 709x1128) Image search: [Google]
1383987067264.jpg
461 KB, 709x1128
>>28876567
>this is not possible for men. vast majority of people don't have that
I know, that's why I said it would take a miracle.
>>
>>28876539
>'just making a change'
>Get rid of that solutions
This is where Im deeply struggling; what exactly is stopping you?
>>

Yes. I feel empty inside (also in the sense that I starve myself out of guilt and self-hate). My health is fucked up: bad hygiene, hair falling apart, fucked up sleep schedule, feeling weaker, I might get anemia if I go on like this.

Art is the only thing that keeps me sane.

I became a neet because of bad decisions. A disfunctional family didn't help that much either and is what it made me socially retarded.

It's not that I hate "fun" things like parties, concerts, etc.
While I'm not a sperg or else because I'm self-aware of how social situations work, I can't participate because no one taught me how to and I get nervous about it and do nothing in the end to avoid rejection or humiliating situations because I have also no confidence in myself.
So friendless atm. If you don't have friends, you can't make it that easily.

Trying to get out of this hole but fear is stronger...

Anyway, this anon gets it >>28876053
>>
Thanks for answering all my questions so far. Am I correct is thinking you guys feel "trapped"? Do you not feel as though you have much agency in the world?

What might alleviate these kinds of feelings?

Unrelated questions:
What are wise pieces of wisdom youve been told over the years?

Does life have meaning? What is the ideal life?
>>
File: 1284487597885.jpg (123 KB, 600x585) Image search: [Google]
1284487597885.jpg
123 KB, 600x585
>>28876539
>my existence is justified and a worthwhile thing
It is!
>>
File: 1427698206270.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1280) Image search: [Google]
1427698206270.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1280
>>28876621
>This is where Im deeply struggling; what exactly is stopping you?
The determination/drive to keep doing something consistently. Every time I've tried making changes it falls apart pretty quickly once I have a particularly shitty day and everything in life loses real meaning.
It's those kinds of days where I go back to bed and cry myself to sleep while hugging my daki and fantasizing that it's a human being that cares for me and not just some fabric and stuffing.
A NEET's life is a constant cycle of giving up. You know how people make New Years Resolutions to do things like "get fit", but they never keep them? Trying to 'just make a positive change" is like that for NEETs. We don't have the confidence to try and if we do try and fail, we have no strong support networks to fall back on, just Nigerian wife-fucking imageboards filled with other NEETs to cry to.

>>28876647
>Am I correct is thinking you guys feel "trapped"?
Yes, if I saw a clear, garunteed way out and had the strength to follow through with it I would.

>>28876677
>It is!
That's nice to say anon, but I need more than that. I want a cute girl that initiates conversations with me for once in my life. Girls have only ever waited for me to message first, and then they are distant/dismissive until they decide to stop replying.

I'll probably fully accept my life of failure soon and make a tulpa/buy a doll as a last resort.
>>
>>28876647
Trapped in a zoo called Earth.

>Do you not feel as though you have much agency in the world?
These days, agency and money are hard to distinguish. People buy whole identities, lifestyles, the opinions of others. You're hard-pressed to find anyone who cares about the man behind the mask. Maybe I do have agency. Maybe nobody notices. Maybe it doesn't matter.

>What is the ideal life?
Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.

>>28876745
>That's nice to say anon, but I need more than that.
I can't be your girlfriend, anon. Only your friend.
>>
File: 1428062061314.jpg (401 KB, 1365x2048) Image search: [Google]
1428062061314.jpg
401 KB, 1365x2048
>>28876772
>I can't be your girlfriend, anon. Only your friend.
That's fine, as long as I can lie on your lap and have you pat my head and tell me everything will be fine I could die happy.
>>
>>28876801
>pat my head
I can do that.
>>
>>28876647
>Do you guys feel trapped?
Some feel trapped, I believe its more about despair.
>Do you not feel as though you have much agency in the world?
Mental illnesses as a whole are not very well understood, most normal people are like "why are you sad?" when you tell them you're depressed.
Yet depression causes things normal people think is just laziness, they don't know the difference.

>What might alleviate these kinds of feelings?
Despair = hopelessness. If there was something they could have or would have done, they wouldn't be in this mess in the first place.

>Wisdom
I don't really have smart people around me so I can't really say people have told me good stuff.
>Does life have meaning?
Nope. Life is pointless, to deny such a thing would be to lie to oneself.
>What is the ideal life?
To not have become self-aware and live a normal life like an animal.
>>
>>28876647

Yes.

What might alleviate these kinds of feelings?

Being good with myself, confidence.
Some even think a bf or a gf will solve their problems.

>What are wise pieces of wisdom youve been told over the years?

I realized I used to be very arrogant and selfish when I asked myself where did everything go wrong. It took me a lot to accept that I was my fault.

Basically, I started to remember stuff my parents said to me when I was busy being an edgy teen and not listening to them. Stuff about gratitude and tolerance.

Though I think they are hypocrites because they don't follow their own advices but I decided to not be like them. So I'm here trying to move on.
>>
File: neetlife.jpg (929 KB, 966x3054) Image search: [Google]
neetlife.jpg
929 KB, 966x3054
pic related
no more discussion required
/thread
>>
File: comfy pepe 4.jpg (45 KB, 409x409) Image search: [Google]
comfy pepe 4.jpg
45 KB, 409x409
T. ONLY THINGS I FIND FUN ARE FUN! EVERYONE IS THE SAME! IF YOU DON'T LIKE WHAT I LIKE THEN YOU ARE NO FUN!

OP, you are making huge generalizations. Though formerly a wagecuck, I had to get on disability due to my MS. Though I struggle with it daily, I'm glad I ended up this way. Why? It taught me that time is much more valuable than money.

Unlike your sister and what you think most NEETs do, a lot of us get out and enjoy life. You generalize all based on a very small sample of few cultures. Japan has the highest rates of shut-ins. That doesn't ring true with most other cultures. Remember, they are the biggest wagecucks that even have a term for dying from overwork.

Now, due to my MS, I couldn't be a shut in. I have Drs appointments, I have go for runs and bike rides outside with fresh air, and have to go to the gym to lift. It is why I'm not crippled and wheelchair bound at this time. I get out, meet with friends, go to the movies, and talk with them. I occassionally go to the bar and pick up a drunk slut to fuck. I do like to read. I'm attending classes part time and pursuing a second master's degree (my first was in social work, it was where I was a wagecuck).

Now, the part you fail at is that you take memes seriously. Yeah, I make wagecuck threads, but their just for play on wagecucks like you who continue to throw out how shitty your life is by using dumb arguments like "muh contribution to society" and "muh legacy". I know there's a lot who love and enjoy their jobs and are not cucks to Mr. Goldberg. That's the joke. However, there are people like you who get so ticked off at wagecuck threads. Want to know why? It's becauss we hit the nail on the head. You hate your job. Instead of being a defensive cuck, try doing something you enjoy. It's enjoyable how defensive you get. It's why wagecuck threads will continue. As for the people whi enjoy their jobs, they're not going to get BTFO by wagecuck threads. They enjoy them.
>>
>>28876967
Is the pasta?
Youre not even NEET, NEET includes not Educated. Your going to school, dip.
Youre also independent seemingly. Its pretty obvious I was thibking of people who cant support themselves and sont have friends.
>>
your family (mom) needs to be wealthy though
>>
ITT: neets prove they're nothing but lazy leeches that should be killed.
>>
>>28877145
Wagie is getting ragie and asspained.
>>
>>28876943
>>28876967
Ignore these OP.
>>
Lethargy, from depression, from being an outcast all my life.

On a good day I manage to brush my teeth.
>>
>>28875930
Yes, I am happy, OP. Why? It's simple: I'm not a shut-in. That's the secret to being a happy NEET. I was like most typical NEETs until I got out of hermit mode.

If they have anxiety, they need to practice social behaviors while on medications to make them calmer. But then again, we know hermit NEETs never take their meds because of their dumb pharmajew conspiracies.
>>
im moderately autistic and came from a broken home and got bullied severely my entire life. i never had a chance. at least i have my pension.
>>
>>28875930
Why don't you try getting close to your sister and ask her, instead of judging her from afar like a coward? It's obvious you don't care about her and it's obvious she closes herself off from you and the rest of her family.

Help her. But oh no, you don't want to do that, do you? You've got your own problems.

Anyway, why do you assume we don't like fun things? Why do you ask if we read or watch "quality" film or art? What a stupid fucking question. When someone asks stupid questions and especially in your condescending tone, they always don't give a fuck about your answers. They have an ulterior motive.

If you wanted insight, you'd get close to your sister like a real brother would. This thread is literally pointless in its supposed topic.
>>
>>28876458
Why don't you read all those books you've been wanting to read? Why don't you learn to play the guitar like you've always wanted to? Why don't you write down poetry anymore? Why don't you learn how to draw? Why don't you buy a camera and make cool videos? Why don't you study harder for school?
Is it because you're immature? Becase you're lazy? Why don't you make an effort? It will make you happier.

The biggest thing that normies and robots have in common is that they both fell into their positions naturally. You normies give yourselves way, way too much self-credit, but that's understandable because you're less self aware than fucking gold fish.
>>
>>28878187
>implying robots have ANY self-awareness
>EVERYTHING WRONG IN MY LIFE IS SOMEONE ELSE'S FAULT
>>
>>28875930
Dissilusion with the world caused mostly by inability to fit in and be able to do what you want
I decided that staying in bed until 11 and playing videogames all day was the best thing in the world however working for something I want to the point of exhaustion feels much better
>>
>>28878307
No, we just want you to accept that it is not all our fault and that we are not lazy
>>
>>28878537
If you're content to sit in Mommy's basement watching anime and jacking off all day then you're lazy. Sorry to break it to you.
>>
>>28876465
I'm a solitary person but I'm quite happy. I also do most of these things you listed alone, going on bike adventures is one of the most fun things possible Imo
>>
Because I made a terrible decision to move to Florida with a family member. I can't even find a min. wage job and the local community college sucks. It has absolutely nothing of use.

I'm either moving back to NJ with my mother, even though I feel like I'm too old, or moving far away and homeless.
>>
>>28878625

>Florida

damn, anon. Florida is no place for a robot.
>>
>>28878590
>If you're content to sit in Mommy's basement watching anime and jacking off all day then you're lazy. Sorry to break it to you.
No, he's content. If that's where he wants to be then how is he lazy for not meeting your normie standards of success?
>>
>>28878590
I've spent 3 full days working on my 3D rendering engine you fucking cunt, what have you done? I think about calling a friend i see very rarely, but i always think "eh, i'd rather stay home".
I've got job openings saved on my browser but i feel like i'm too ugly and insecure to work in a proper workplace. You haven't got a single fucking clue you dumb fucking normie. YOU HAVE NO IDEA, STOP BELIEVING YOU DO.
>>
>>28878663
He's lazy because he's not actually happy. I don't mean 'content' in that sense; I mean it in the sense of taking no steps to change his situation. Most NEETs are miserable. Not to mention the fact that he is leeching off of his parents, who are no doubt disappointed in him.

>>28878690
What have I done? I've gotten a circle of friends, a GF, a PhD, and a job paying 100k a year. "I feel like I'm too ugly and insecure to work in a proper workplace" - this is exactly the sort of drivel spouted by you people. And you have the temerity to say that WE lack self-awareness. You are LAZY. You have the power to apply to those jobs and improve your life but you instead argue on 4chan about how enlightened you are and how us normal people have the self-awareness of a gnat.
>>
>>28878755
>What have I done? I've gotten a circle of friends, a GF, a PhD, and a job paying 100k a year.
>>>/facebook/
>>
>>28878770
>>>/wizardchan/
Look, I can do it too :^)
>>
>>28878798
Wizardchan is run by normie mods that only keep it up to laugh at us.
We have ONE place for use.
You normies have THE REST OF THE INTERNET.
FUCK
OFF
>>
File: 1463249576183.jpg (90 KB, 684x684) Image search: [Google]
1463249576183.jpg
90 KB, 684x684
>>28875930
You know how hedonism is about maximizing pleasure and minimizing pain?
Robots are like that, except with a strong focus on minimizing pain (through risk avoidance), and that diminishes the possibilities for pleasure.
A sort of Coward's Hedonism, if you like. I'd rather not talk to that girl looking at me, because I am more afraid of her refusing than I'd enjoy her accepting.
>>
>>28878872
>I am more afraid of her refusing than I'd enjoy her accepting.
You make it sound like chances are always 50/50.

A good outcome's benefit could outweigh a bad outcome's detriment a thousandfold, but still not motivate one into the "risk", if the negative outcome is the certainty.
>>
>>28878940
Of course perceived odds also take part in the mental mathematics at play.
The chance is never zero though, its always possible she will accept you. Its just that you throw some numbers around, some values, some historical precedent, mood is calculated into it and you decide that no, you wont go talk to her, you'd rather sit and sip your drink.
Normies have a different formula for these things, they value potential pleasure more, and have a higher tolerance of risk or potential pain.

Ultimately, this is the difference, a robot is a hedonist who avoids pain morose than he seeks pleasure.
>>
>>28878755
Don't you think we haven't tried you babbling moron? We went to elementary school and high school just like you. The difference is that girls never paid attention to us, and it didn't matter if we were charming, or funny, or cheeky, we'd always be the goofy ugly guys.
It's not as easy for us. I bet you always get attention from girls. I bet you go outside and have atleast 1 girl check you out on the street, or smile at you as you pass by. This never happens to me.

Yes you lack self-awareness, because you think you actually worked HARD for these things. You fucking know you didn't. Friends came to you naturally, a girlfriend came to you naturally and so did your degree.

Normies like you would walk up to drug addicts and tell them that they're lazy for not stopping. What would you do if you were in their positions? The exact same thing.
>>
>>28878974
>The chance is never zero
>some historical precedent
There's a first time for everything, except for the infinite shit that will never happen.
>>
Many years ago, I concluded that life was utterly meaningless and that all of the dreams and arguments people typically use to motivate themselves - children, family, friends, work, god, etc are nothing more than wishful thinking. Mere fantasy.

There is no meaning to your life, no meaning to your children's life, no meaning to the existence of a single organism on this planet. No meaning to the existence of the whole universe, even. It just *is*.

Nothing anyone accomplished will ever matter. Not even the greatest mind's greatest inventions or discoveries. It is all for naught. Our species will likely die on this rock, and even if we dont, we will die on a another.

The only thing I can see any point in doing with my meaningless existence is to simply avoid suffering.

That means avoiding what most people call life as much as possible.
>>
>>28879060
X not happening doesn't mean X is impossible.
Many people live their whole lives without ever being in a car crash, yet its not impossible that they could've gotten in one.
Many smokers don't get lung cancer, yet its not impossible, nor even unlikely that they could've gotten it.
>>
>>28878872
>>28878974
interesting idea but the arguments you put forth are not convincing.
attractive guys can do things like that because they know they've got other chances on the side and they've succeeded before.
you can't just expect an ugly, shy guy to walk up to a girl and ask her out like it's lottery.
>>
>>28879083
The reason you posted this post, the reason why you watch movies or eat food, is the reason why you should live.
>>
>>28879132
>you can't just expect an ugly, shy guy to walk up to a girl and ask her out like it's lottery.

You can, and most do, and if you do it enough times it works.
Thats how ugly men end up with cuties, and if you take a walk around town once in a while you will see plenty of ugly, dumb men, sometimes poor as well, with good looking women.
Persistence actually works in the long term. It is in fact possible to score a girl simply by hitting your head into that wall long enough.
>>
>>28878872
But what is the absolute worst thing that's going to happen in that situation?

"Hi, I'm anon, I just wondered if you'd like to go for a drink sometime?"

If she says Yes then ask for her number. If she says no then wish her a good day and get on with your life.

The world doesn't end.
>>
>>28879287
Yet many people don't risk it, and don't talk to her.
You shouldn't assume that everyone always acts rationally.
The fact that the junk food industry is huge is proof of that, for example.
>>
>>28879175
>The reason you posted this post

To answer someone's question.

>the reason why you watch movies

To stave off boredom.

>or eat food

To avoid the pain of starvation.
>>
>>28878837
You fuck off. This is not your place and never was.

>>28879014
Girls never paid attention to me in grade school either. My grades were mediocre and I barely had any friends. Most of my time after school was spent playing video games and posting on online message boards. But keep strawmanning.
>>
>>28879312
I agree, but the only way to change that way of thinking is to do stuff, and that's why places like this can be damaging, because the posters encourage inaction in each other.
The fact that asking a girl out is even seen as a "risk" is testament to that.
>>
>>28878872
>I'd rather not talk to that girl looking at me
I robot would never say these words.
>>
>>28879443
You are a failed normie, not a robot.
>>
>>28879383
>You fuck off. This is not your place and never was.
Fuck off. This is my place now, it merely shares a name with a different place that is dead and buried forever. You have many places to go, but I have only this.
Get out of here you digital equivalent of a fucking Muslim rapefugee
>>
>>28876487
Yes I want help. Help for me would be to find the proper medications that would allow me to enjoy the things normal people enjoy. I'm both depressed and have ADD, so that's two barriers to a normal functioning life.
>>
>>28879185
christ you think you're real clever coming up with these ideas behind your computer screen don't you.

>You can, and most do
no most ugly virgins don't. most ugly virgins don't have girlfriends.

>if you take a walk around town once in a while you will see plenty of ugly, dumb men, sometimes poor as well, with good looking women
absolutely not. i see plenty of attractive men with attractive girls, but very rarely do i see an ugly guy with a pretty girl.

you don't understand, yes i could ask out every single girl in my country and i would eventually succeed, but life is not a password cracking game. if i fail once and the girls look at me all weird, i won't bother doing it again. and i know you'll say "but that's the trick! you have to never give up!". yes but i see what girls want and it is not me, it hurts too much. i can't just go into an attractive bar and hit on women, just like i can't bash my head on a piano until i write a symphony.
it is for this reason that you argument has no value, because it doesn't work in practice. yes there is a chance that a dragon could swoop down any second and breathe fire in the open air, but it is so small that it has no point in an argument.
>>
>>28879475
No thanks, I'd rather stay. The people who actually own and control this website know that this board is not for you. Actually, my friends find it pretty funny when people like you shit their pants because they think they can claim ownership of this board. Screencapping posts like yours is always a good way to get more of them on board :)
>>
>>28879517
>absolutely not
>very rarely
So you do see some.

>because it doesn't work in practice
>yes i could ask out every single girl in my country and i would eventually succeed
So it works in practice.
>>
>>28875930
>Why dont you like fun things
I do, I just dont/cant seek them out
Reading is boring to me. I enjoy movies when I can catch them but mostly its youtube and twitch when I'm not playing video games.
>okay with subsisting?
Its all most people do anyway
>afraid of your mind rotting?
There wasnt much there to rot in the first place

Honestly, I know I'm a disappointment to my father. hes not some great guy but i know he wants better for me. I just dont though. I love sleeping because its just nothingness. I get to for a little while experience nothing. I enjoy jacking off because I get to live out fantasies in my head. Video games make for an okay distraction especially narrative based ones like Bioshock and Spec Ops The Line. I dont like being fat, true, but I also cant find the motivation to stick with exercise and keeping calorie intake down is hard when you're bored. Plus I dont go shopping myself so picking out just healthy food is hard.

I think I'd like to just stop living but know it would break my dad and siblings hearts, especially my dog. Shes my best friend in the whole world now and without me I know she would just deteriorate unless a better family could be found for her.
>>
I am deeply unhappy but I lack the drive and energy to work hard at improving my life. I just feel tired all the time, both physically and mentally. The few jobs I've had made me miserable because while having money was nice I had little time to enjoy it and it felt like the work I was doing was not important and did not matter. On top of this I have an incurable condition called hidradenitis suppurativa that makes me live in constant pain. I can't even enjoy reading or games anymore, they're just things I do to pass time. I would like to kill myself and have it all be over but if I did that my mom would never recover from it. If I'm going to do that it will have to wait until she's gone and can't be hurt by it.
>>
>>28876647
Trapped is a good word for it. Imagine you're in a ball and chain. How fun would it be to go out with friends? Imagine being accused of some horrible high profile crime. How fun would it be to go shopping? It's not physical, but the prison of the mind is still real.
>>
>>28875930
>quality film, art
There is this stuff in the Internet. Actually, Internet is full of interesting things, and can be extremely addictive for someone who is not getting much pleasure from other things in life.
>>
>>28875930
>Want to become glorious neet
>Can`t because my attitude of just going with the flow and no conflict means I will probaly apply for a public sector job which is well paying and for life (meaning you literally can`t be fired) where I am from
Just kill me now
>>
File: 847.jpg (150 KB, 866x640) Image search: [Google]
847.jpg
150 KB, 866x640
The failure to be able to and/or desire to avoid being in EET

For me it was because I have been out of work so long its impossibru to get a jerb, dropped out after getting 2 year college degree, and I like being outside during the day and relaxing at night too much to do anything studious or productive on the computer, I am an epic procrastinator and hate any responsibility or deadlines. The idea of having to wake up to an alarm often gives me insomnia, whereas other times, like today, I fall asleep quickly and wake up prematurely but feel great and want to go outside and feel the sun and smell the flowers.

I am happy because I live a high quality lifestyle leeching off my parents and spending inhertiance money from grandpartents, and I.m going to win the Powerball jackpot today.

Most NEETs are depressed because they rarely go outside, eat shit food, and most of their waking hours involve sitting on their obese or emaciated ass staring at a computer or TV screen
>>
>>28878872
There's guys who got self-friendzoned through not wanting to find out what the girl really thinks of them when it comes to a relationship.

Instead of getting a yes or no, the self-friendzoned like to imagine that at some point the girl will be the one to ask them out and their love will hit off but it never does.

It's like having a permanent oneitis.

But nah, they aren't robots. Robots are less likely to have anything like a oneitis because they rarely encounter and speak to women. It's ironic but a robot would pretty much go toward being a Chad rather than a normie if he stopped being a shut-in and developed social skills.
>>
>>28879561
>So you do see some.
you said plenty, not some.

>So it works in practice.
yes, just like buying a lottery ticket everyday will eventually make me rich.
>>
>>28875930
I like to read if it's something good but I usually need to be high to deal with the soul crushing revelations I come across.

I don't have a problem with fun or fun things I just can't enjoy them anymore. Maybe ten years ago I'm too cynical now.
>>
>>28879287
>what is the absolute worst thing that's going to happen in that situation?
she tells everyone in your daily life, they lose all respect for you and mock you every day, and some nutty orbiter assaults you
>>
>>28881017
This is pretty much what happened to me. I was on friendly terms, but not actually friends with, a girl from my lab class at uni. We had been lab partners a few times and she would often sit next to me during lectures. I asked her out just as we were coming to the end of the first year and by the second year nobody was talking to me and she had managed to turn the entire class against me, nobody would speak to me and girls would actively avoid me - even moving if I sat next to them. For the remaining three years I was isolated and regarded as some kind of creep.
>>
>>28875930
I had a dream that I had a job once and I believe I saw literal hell for the first time in my life

I wouldn't mind some laid back family business sort of deal, but that whole 8 hour grind? Nagger, what?! And supposedly EVERYONE does this?

There just doesn't seem to be a real point. There doesn't seem to be a point to anything. Everything seems like some kind of huge, unfixable, sick mess. Sure, I could be bullied into getting a job, probably quite easily, but that doesn't somehow make all that would do the bullying idealistically right.

And I have been happy before, but even then that did not quell the nagging voice in my head that just wants me to end this. I hate coercion, OP. I hate it more than anything.

I have had interests in the past, by the way. But it seems like I've seen most of them to their natural conclusion, or gotten bored of them, and now there are few things left for me to pick up. I do want to pick up writing, at some point, though, but I don't really have ideas worth sharing.
>>
>>28876160
You've described me quite well. I don't want to be a burden on anyone and I want to be as independent as possible, which is why I'm in uni right now. I don't have two friends from high school and that's about it for my social life. I don't go to any parties nor do I talk to anyone in uni. I tried hooking up with this one girl, thinking that having a gf would make me happy. It didn't work out, and she's been ignoring me for the past month, so I cut her out. I just want to get a decent paying job and live by myself in some small apartment, watching anime and reading about philosophy and economics until I die or off myself because, just like you, my mental health is just deteriorating.
>>
>>28875930
>Why don't you like fun things
I do. Watching the news (on the Internet of course, to get them in real time) for at least a few hours a day if fun, especially when the house of cards people build comes tumbling down.
>Do you at least read, or try to ingest quality film and art
Art is dead, and looking at pictures in generally seemed like a waste of time for me since the time I was able to make such judgement. Film depends on what you understand under quality, there is both a beauty to true art and real trash, which I apprentice both. Reading is something I truly enjoy, too, just finished Goethes Faust 2. (I am german tho', so it`s a bit less pretentious to read it).
You can only live, anything else is a illusion you cast upon your life to give it some form of meaning.
>Are you afraif of your mind rotting
Only a satisfied mind rots. I might not be able to do sophesticated math as quick and well as I did when I just had finished school, but neither my abstract reasoning nor my ability to make complicated concepts my own suffered in any form.
>>
>>28876487
All I want is someone to help me out of this living hell. I don't know who to ask or what to do or how to ask or anything.
>>
File: illusions.jpg (153 KB, 1096x729) Image search: [Google]
illusions.jpg
153 KB, 1096x729
I'm a NEET by choice, currently about 90% NEET (work a couple days a month), working hard to retire to full-NEET as soon as possible.

Being a NEET is simply the most comfy mode of existence. Who would ever work if they didn't have to?

> 25
> two degrees
> own company
> work little, yet earn enough to live and to invest
> live alone
> read a lot
> learn shit
> create shit
> of course, no friends, everythingless virgin, etc etc loser

> Why dont you like fun things?
Normie "fun" is not fun. I haven't ever had fun at a party, for example, it's a punishment for me.

> Do you at least read, or try to ingest quality film and art? Are you afraid of your mind rotting?
I read lots, watch movies, listen to new music. Why would my mind rot when I use it more and more every day?

> How can you be okay with subsisting?
What else should I be doing? No girl wants me, I don't want to slave my life away since I don't have to, what's left? Suffering 247? Doing drugs like normies and nuking my health?
>>
>>28884245
What business did you start?
I tried to get a solo webdev practice, but the money simply wasn't enough.
I'd be given 2-3 months worth of work and get paid what I used to get as a monthly wage working as a code monkey.
>>
>>28884932

Programming in a few niches. It's not like I make 100k a year, rather I need very little material things, and I value my time too much to wageslave even if it got me more money.

> webdev
Did you do something every other Pajeet can do? Wordpress or some such? Specialize more if that was the case. E.g. the pajeet who does wordpress sites earns quite a bit less than the guy who wrote 30% of wordpress.
>>
>>28881248
How did you ask her out? What did you say?
>>
One day the idea just occured to me that life is inherently meaningless and i never really found a solution to the why do anything question. Now i just float from day to day hoping that death will come find me.
>>
>>28885304
Me: "D'you wanna go out sometime? Like outside of uni."
Her: "uhhhh... I would it's just that I'm quite busy and stuff..."
Me: "Oh alright, well let me know. Would beat being stuck in here"

that was pretty much the gist of it, she didn't talk much after that and then she stopped talking to me altogether
>>
>>28881282
>had a dream about having a job which was a living hell
>therefore jobs in real life are living hells

Also:
>Sure, I could be bullied into getting a job, probably quite easily, but that doesn't somehow make all that would do the bullying idealistically right.
Yes, it would, because the alternative is you leeching off of other people's hard work while contributing nothing yourself.
>>
>>28883526
Tell me more about your situation.
>>
I just have anxiety about interacting with people or doing things. Its like as soon as i go to do something my body enters survival mode and an invisible force restrains me and all i can think about is fleeing.
This tendency makes it hard to get a job, make friends, do normal human things.
>>
>>28884245
> of course, no friends, everythingless virgin, etc etc loser
Found your problem. Humans are social creatures. There are some exceptions, but for the most part, if you don't have friends and romance in your life, you're not happy. Also, speaking personally, I would definitely work if I didn't have to. Whenever I have an extended amount of free time I just get bored and depressed as fuck. I like to feel like I'm doing something with my life.
>>
>>28885392
Well, I'm not saying you're a liar, but your story sounds made up. It's really bizarre that she would react the way she did if that's all that happened. Asking women out is completely normal behavior and there's no reason that most women would shun you for it. Maybe this one in particular is crazy.
>>
>>28885531
That's how women are mate. Never trust them, as soon as they see you're not going to be strung along like some beta orbiter they turn against you.

Sad thing is that I genuinely thought she was into me.
>>
>>28885588
>That's how women are mate
Correction, that's how one woman is.
>>
>>28885466

Where did I say I was unhappy? OP has a problem with NEETdom, I don't.

> Whenever I have an extended amount of free time I just get bored and depressed as fuck.
You're the type that would kill themselves when they retire. I really don't understand people who can't live with themselves, never could.
>>
>>28885608
Just as all men seek out women, all women treat men they don't want to be sought by as she treated me.

It's just a word of warning for fellow anons to say that yes, that can happen.
>>
>>28885727
>all women treat men they don't want to be sought by as she treated me
Demonstrably false. I've been rejected by multiple women and I've never gotten any kind of shit for it.
>>
>>28885845
And I'm sure you could point out some cases where men don't seek women, which are exceptions that prove the rule.
>>
>>28885889
>this shit has never happened to me or anyone I know
>EXCEPTIONS THAT PROVE THE RULE
Do you have any idea how retarded you sound?
>>
>>28885985
Clearly you aren't in frequent contact with the women you've asked out.
>>
>>28886019
Also wrong, I stayed friends with them.
>>
>>28886115
Mate did you even read my post?
>as soon as they see you're not going to be strung along like some beta orbiter they turn against you

If you "stay friends" with them you're doing exactly what they want.
>>
>>28886146
So my two options are:
1) I didn't stay friends with them, so I have no idea if they destroyed my social life behind my back,
or
2) I stayed friends with them, therefore I'm being "strung along like some beta orbiter"?

You've really got things figured out, haven't you? There's literally no way to deny your little fantasy.
>>
>>28886221
Fucking sigh, are you mentally retarded? If they're in the same class or workplace as you, you'll know. If it's some random bint you see once a month then no, probably nothing will happen outside of her telling her friends.
There is literally no point in talking to a girl that won't fuck you. Why on earth would you waste your time like that?
>>
I don't want to go outside because the moment I go outside I have to worry about being judged by other people which infuriates me. People don't realize this: but there's so many social rules that don't even make sense. For example, if you go to a movie theater alone then people will immediately think you're creepy. There's also so many things where you "have" to have friends around you to do them and it makes me upset and furious to have to be forced to be a certain way by other people when I just want to be myself.

Want to sit alone and read a book? Sorry, you're not allowed to do that there xD That's where you're suppose to sit with your friends, loser. Want to keep growing your hair because you don't care about having the latest fashionable haircut so there's no reason to waste time going to a barber: xD wut a loser, he needs to get a haircut. It looks awful xD Want to keep the same clothes you've worn your entire life because they fit you well and they're comfortable: Those clothes look like shit xD Is he homeless or something xD Want to do any kind of sport or hobby that isn't popular or mainstream. What is that loser doing xD Does he think he's Naruto or something xD

So yes, fuck normies. They ruined my entire life because I can't do or say a single thing without having to worry about being judged based on not adhering to their fucking bizarre rituals. I can't even go outside without feeling uncomfortable because even a passing glance in the streets is enough to betray what they think of me and it just reaffirms the fact that the only way for me to ever be truly left the fuck alone is to 100% be like them which is something I don't want to do. My entire life has been dictated to me by these people so now I hide in my room because its the only place I have left where I don't have to worry about how I'm going to impress other people with the GF I don't have, the parties I don't go to, or the job and degree I don't have to be considered successful.
>>
>>28886249
I'm telling you I've asked out women in the same class or workplace as me and nothing came of it. What are you on about?
>>
>>28886357

Then you're three points above the other anon in looks.
>>
>>28882815
>>28876160
same as both of you, history major in undergrad (meaning stuck with another 3-6 years for law or grad studies) and honestly, i'm hoping to really fuck up at some point in coursework to have an excuse to just off myself lmao
>>
23. Virgin. No friends. Youth and looks are faltering. No high education. My grades were good at least the written exam parts. Actual straight A's. I failed or got Ds in verbal exams because I'd stammer and stutter and forget everything. Those are 2/3s of the exams. Didn't graduate at first, graduated the next year with a bad average. Too scared to go to class generally so I'd hide behind my bed or bought a cup of coffee at McD and waited for the day to pass. Was a hiki for two years, admitted that yes my brain was rotting away, lost weight, and picked a random trade school. I figured I could learn a thing or two about being social from them. Still going. Social competence getting better. Getting a driver's licence. Still living at home, trying to find an apartment. Too scared to try for university because I'll be lonely and I'm dumb and retarded. I've admitted that I'm a biological failure and I've talked to my doctor. I hope I can move on but I don't know how right now. I'm not happy but at least I'm not a non-first worlder.
I wish I was a woman, at least I could find a man and become a housewife.
>>
>>28886357
Because you remained friends with them you fucking cuck.
>>
>>28886413
The first time I did it, I was a skinny, awkward, pimply weakling. I didn't even ask her out so much as confess my love to her over AIM like a fucking sperg. But nothing came of it.
>>
>>28886479
So what? Tell me, what happened after you asked out this girl? Did you announce that you were never going to talk to her again? And how does being friends with a girl make me a cuckold, exactly?
>>
>>28886509
>not even in person
>online
kys
>>
>>28886509
> I was supremely lucky

You have no idea how many anons did what you did and got shat upon for years.
>>
>>28886540
Hey, it was retarded. I was a high school loser. What do you want me to tell you? I'm doing fine now, I have a GF of four years.

>>28886542
I was not supremely lucky. I've been rejected multiple times in my life. So have buddies of mine. None of them got shat on.
>>
>>28886536
A girl you had tried to fuck is fucking other men. That makes you the cuck.

The fact is that if you ask a woman out and don't settle for being an orbiter when she shoots you down she will ruin you. She doesn't even need to go out of her way to do it, she just tells a couple of people what you did and like that you're done.
>>
>tfw everyone ignores my post

Why the fuck do I bother.
>>
>>28886582
You're being awfully evasive. Tell me, what happened after you asked her out and she said no? What did you say to her?

Also I'm not a cuckold because some woman I'm not in a relationship with is fucking other people. That's not what that word means. You cuckposters think everything is cuckoldry. You have an unhealthy obsession with this fetish.
>>
>>28886680
Nothing happened. I went back to treating her like anyone else and she couldn't stand that she was getting much attention from me.
You are a cuckold. You actively pursue a girl, get told no, then follow her around like a lost dog while she has sex with everyone else. That makes you a cuckold.
>>
>Notice normies in this thread are discussing relationships, jobs, and college

"NEETs"

Fuck this shit, I'm out. Have fun in-between at your classes normies
>>
>>28886747
You can keep yelling your favorite word all you want, but being friends with a girl who doesn't want to fuck you is not what 'cuckold' means.
>>
Is being NEET a true freedom? If society doesn't give two fucks about you, you can do anything as long as it won't ruin or influence it.
>>
>>28886967
What would you prefer? Beta orbiter? Pathetic?
>>
>>28887051
None of the above? Your entire premise is that women have nothing to offer other than their vaginas. If I reject that then there's nothing wrong with being friends with a woman that you're not fucking.
>>
>>28887181
>women have nothing to offer other than their vaginas
That's pretty much spot on. A man is better in every other way.
>>
>>28875930
Whether or not you can be a content NEET is up to luck just like height or facial aesthetics. Some people are born with the ability to be content with what the average person considers little. All I see in your post is you not understanding subjectivity and barking at people that like/dislike things you dislike/like.
>>
>>28887242
Cool. Glad to know that you deserve the shunning you got.
>>
File: 1452130314589-0.jpg (7 KB, 259x195) Image search: [Google]
1452130314589-0.jpg
7 KB, 259x195
>>28875930
>Why live like this?
Too reasons, I'm comfy and I have no desire not to
> What is holding you back, if anything?
I have a strange mind, I can't really bare people and heavily want to be alone most of the time (I go days without having conversations with the people outside my room)

Are you happy?
Most of the time, yes.

I love fun things, as long as I can do them alone

> Do you at least read, or try to ingest quality film and art?
I read classical books and some notable recent ones, I also used to do a lot of artwork (just shit like figure drawing and profiles or whatever) and still have an interest in looking at art.

Because I feel its where I am most at home (quite literally)

I couldn't care less, with my CV I have a chance at pulling in some shitty job behind a counter, wasting my energy both physically and mentally. I very much doubt that handing out change is as stimulating as you make it out to be.
>>
I literally dropped out of high school and masturbated daily for 7 years
>>
>>28887282
Whatever helps you justify being an emotional tampon.
>>
>>28886257
Nice post anon
Blox
>>
>>28887475
Never been one of those, thanks.
>>
>>28887531
>never been one
>friends with females
You are one.
>>
>>28876098
Is it possible to have the symptoms but not have schizoid personality?
>>
File: image.png (24 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
image.png
24 KB, 600x600
Tourist here.

Some of these answers made me tear up. I wish you guys the best.
>>
File: don give a freak face.jpg (59 KB, 960x870) Image search: [Google]
don give a freak face.jpg
59 KB, 960x870
>>28875930

My NEET situation is partially a consequence of avoiding all things that might sway me from committing suicide but also the avoidance of forming relationships with people due to the feeling of regret stemming from the damaging effects my suicide might have on their lives.
>>
>>28876053
Holy shit, I have the same diagnosis, but I get bloody nothing! Not even costs for therapy or meds are covered. Presumably you live in america, never thought that austria would be worse when it comes to disablility support.
>>
>>28876160
same here, finishing bachelor's in CS right now, so I can hopefully earn my own money at some point and leave my parents house. Also as an autist, I can't do more than 8 hours of contact with people a day, or I start wanting to kill everything in sight.
>>
>>28875930
Question neets. Why don't you learn a second language? Learn Japanese and you can indulge in all the weeb escapism you want, and maybe make some money on the side doing translations from home. Or if you're not a weeb, learn something like Spanish or Chinese. It's productive and you don't have to leave the house.
>>
>>28875930
Conversation is physically unpleasant for me and other people are unpleasant to look at, so I avoid them and do things indoors instead. It's not that hard to figure out. Some people just don't like other people. I can tolerate talking via text because it doesn't seem like talking to a person, and due to autism I'm not self-aware enough to consider myself a person, so it's just data traveling back and forth for my entertainment.
>>
>>28889179
Why would I do that? I'm not interested in other languages or cultures.
>>
>>28886659
iktf
>put lots of thought and effort in post
>get ignored
>make post with zero thought "in the moment"
>atleast 8 replies
>>
File: And a.jpg (110 KB, 800x610) Image search: [Google]
And a.jpg
110 KB, 800x610
>>28889179
I already did that (English is not my first language), but Japanese is out of question because those moonrunes are too complicated.
>>
>>28889830
>can't understand this simple Japanese
Fuck my life
>>
>>28876515
Chill sperglord. The days of your precious board being run by NEETS and robots is over. Us normies are your overlords now.
>>
>>28889179
I am currently learning Spanish
>>
>>28876647
I'm a prisoner of my own mind. The locus of control is entirely external. Money, lots of it, would make the pain more bearable. My wisdom? Low standards are an overlooked blessing. Life has no meaning, but you can pretend it does. The ideal life is getting what you want, not what you think you want.
>>
File: 1364008835138.jpg (149 KB, 500x354) Image search: [Google]
1364008835138.jpg
149 KB, 500x354
I like NEETdom purely because I have no real skills to speak of and current skills I have are developing.

There's not much for an undisciplined 21 year old high school drop out except for self-improvement.
>>
>>28890036
congrats senior
>>
>>28879865
You gonna to win. good luck man
I Going to a local lottery that worth 300,00 right now
>>
It's apparent to see that us NEET's honesty has only given OP a raging boner at our supposed trashiness and suffering. You don't care about your sister. If you want to help a NEET, you must become their savior figure. Otherwise don't engage with us, your inner malicious ugliness is far more frightful than my visage.
Thread replies: 167
Thread images: 24

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.