[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /r9k/ I have another damn essay, good thing is that I ha
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5
File: capture.jpg (166 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
capture.jpg
166 KB, 1920x1080
Hey /r9k/ I have another damn essay, good thing is that I have ALL NIGHT, because of a late pass. This essay is about CRISPR, basically gene editing. Think you could help?

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bbFoEEzqJYDxoa2-C_y6bIYMgZl0HPdM8_1etQHYDSs/edit
>>
Terrible, terrible pun in the title.
>>
>>28874594
But what about a report on nonfiction ?
>>
>>28874752

OP, copy and paste the full text of the assignment
>>
File: Capture.png (37 KB, 589x543) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
37 KB, 589x543
>>28875014
This is all i have now but im doing research on the topic

first page
>>
File: Capture.png (33 KB, 546x509) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
33 KB, 546x509
>>28875048
second pge
>>
File: reeeetaaard.jpg (50 KB, 552x529) Image search: [Google]
reeeetaaard.jpg
50 KB, 552x529
>>28874752

Here's an outline, just fill it in

> CRISPR can edit genes...explain tech
> Explain autism. Describe autism crisis in USA. Google for a graph of rising autism rates. Estimate number of college students in USA who have autism.
> Talk about how CRISPR can fix diseases in humans in theory by splicing in "good" genes.
> Talk about autism genes that have been identified.
> Identify suppliers for CRISPR serum with custom gene sequences. Do some googling...you'll find companies who will provide what you want.
> Estimate how much it would cost to use CRISPR to fix your autism
> Get an A
>>
>>28875048

I meant what is the essay topic? Copy and paste that?
>>
File: Capture.png (39 KB, 648x487) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
39 KB, 648x487
>>28875104
here, with essay prompt
>>
There's a Radiolab episode about CRISPR you can plagurize from.
>>
>>28874752
Op are you retarded or trolling?
>>
>>28875223
Don't really know at this point, but his docs page seems to be the main highlight of /r9k/'s usual cancer tonight. Definitely worth dropping in if you haven't already
>>
>>28875124

OK, thanks.

The Prof is asking for an "Ethics" paper. You can literally write about whatever bullshit opinion you have about CRISPR gene editing, as long as you support it with evidence.

What the fuck are you even doing man. No need to plagiarize this shit.

Pretend you're talking to a trucker. Tell him what you really think about CRISPR or he'll punch you in the face.

Say what you mean. Not bullshit.

And, do research first, then write the essay.

> do research (meaning, google for info)
> print out papers with "facts"
> get ~10 "facts"
> put "facts" in some order
> write words to connect "facts"
> get an A
>>
>>28875268
Not him but adding onto this
You really don't need to explain that much about CRISPR itself

This question is not about CRISPR, it's about the ethics of editing human genetics

To which the answer is "sure, do it, people need to stop being so sensitive about it"
but if you're wrong you're free to write your essay that way too
>>
>>28875264
I have and I'm mainly the source of the cancer thank you.
>>
>>28875268

Seriously OP, what the fuck are you doing with your life

You're surrounded by incompetents.

Read "How to win at college" and get your life together. Straight A's and getting laid.
>>
>>28875310
>"sure, do it, people need to stop being so sensitive about it"

I'm gonna genetically engineer my children to be perfect Aryan fanatics...

Mostly men who are 6'6 and actual sociopaths.

A few women to reproduce if it all goes to shit.

GET KEKED MANLETS
>>
>>28874752
Let the memes continue: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ac_7FUe3NRZJP03HYOqu4gATe80MCWV61kr29ceP4ag/edit
>>
My internet just died on me for like 20min

>>28875128
haha that is one of my sources my teach recommended, i guess thats something i can do

new doc
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1jj1mQUWW6DjMLEMk5ngz_r0llolDJNcokHNBKajwzh0/edit?usp=sharing
>>
>>28875094

first answer best answer!!!!!!!!!!!

the topic is irrelevant.
>>
>>28875333
Yeah
Others will engineer their children in other, exciting ways to fit their definition of perfect
I guess what I'm trying to say is remember the Robot Wars tv show
>>
baimpu
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.