[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is /r9k/ playing right now? Pic related is mine: the best
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 23
File: 20160527_225944.jpg (943 KB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
20160527_225944.jpg
943 KB, 3264x1836
What is /r9k/ playing right now? Pic related is mine: the best game ever created, Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban for the GameCube.
>>
Street Fighter V. My skill level is bottom of the barrel and the server keeps putting me against people who are really good. I'm ready to quit this piece of shit game.
>>
>>28871409
Overwatch with a couple of friends from college.

For a team-based shooter you'd expect a lot more fucking teamwork.
>>
>>28871409
Harry potter 2 was waaaaaaaaaaaay better
>>
>>28871428
Are you new to fighting games?
>>
>>28871474
what platform lad?
>>
>>28871532
Piss4 m8

Though I'm not playing like right now. I was doing that earlier.
>>
>>28871409
Terraria, just grinding to fight WoF in expert mode.
>>
>>28871501
I know, but I have 1 and 3, not 2 unfortunately.
>>
>>28871409
path of exile

dumping currency into shit builds because the league ends soon
>>
Trying to torrent clancy's endwar right now, anyone know how to change the language from Russian to English? Do I have to install first?
>>
>>28871409
I have the Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire for GC but haven't played it in a while.
>>
>>28871566
It's probably a single dollar you silly thing.

Just get it
>>
File: 20160527231401_1.jpg (186 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
20160527231401_1.jpg
186 KB, 1366x768
Lewdivion. I made a mod that adds several companions, based on real and fictional people. Unfortunately I don't know how to replace the base heads, so they still ended up looking a little potato faced. The person on the left is supposed to be Taylor Swift.
>>
>>28871579
Shit, I really have to get back into that game. That's the game that got me into ARPG's.

>>28871607
I got it for Xbox.
>>
Trying out the new update to Squad. This game was PTSD inducing before but holy hell the new addition to Fools Road is intense. I've never had my heart rate so high while playing a video game.
>>
>>28871428
I feel your pain; right now I'm trying to get into Super Smash Bros Melee. I'm only good enough to beat level nine Fox about half the time right now, and I'm still trying to figure out who to main (currently Sheik, but I've been playing with Falco a bit as I'm trying to unlock everything and I like his movement and moveset). My friends are a bit better than I am, but most of them either don't care enough to git really gud (which is fair enough; being really good at a game ruins it if a casual wants to play it at a party), or are no fun to play with because of how much they bitch about everything. I'm tempted to see if there are any smashers at my college next year, though I know I'm nowhere near good enough to play competitively yet.
>>
File: 1464379403262.png (55 KB, 214x200) Image search: [Google]
1464379403262.png
55 KB, 214x200
Started a game of Pokemon Black, first play through, just got Dewott(had to get the starter that becomes and honorable samurai) but I'm frustrated because none of the other pokemon appeal to me, I'm at the first gym and I got the heart bat, zebra, pigeon, and chansey clone but I can't decide on a second team member.
>>
Kingdom Hearts 2 FM from the 2.5 HD collection. Enjoying it loads, feeling all the improvements after re-playing the previous games sure is nice.
>>
File: Contra.jpg (382 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
Contra.jpg
382 KB, 1920x1200
This is my "I'm drunk and need to just play vidya" game
>>
>>28871850
>tfw just beat this without the code for the first time

It was a 1cc too; I could probably do it deathless if I put in more effort. Probably the hardest game I ever beat too.
>>
>>28871899
Beating it 1cc was the greatest day of my life, I got to stage 8 and thought "HOLY FUCK I'M DOING THIS" and then started dying because of the pressure but I managed to do it with two lives left.
>>
games are stupid who wants to do the same shit for hours over and over. Currently crashing over and over in dirt rally
>>
File: Dark Souls 3.jpg (82 KB, 537x611) Image search: [Google]
Dark Souls 3.jpg
82 KB, 537x611
>>28871409
Im invading a bunch of scrubs as Aldritch faithful
>>
>>28871958
What vit do you even need to be to wear full Havel?
>>
File: Pokémon.full.1552452.jpg (298 KB, 800x680) Image search: [Google]
Pokémon.full.1552452.jpg
298 KB, 800x680
>>28871809
Oh shit I started playing Pokemon Black today too for the first time. Nuzlocke mode for challenge. There was a guy in Dreamyard or whatever area by the 1st gym giving away monkey pokemon with the gym leader's weakness, I guess you missed them. Mine died tho... fuckin chipmunk used Bind and 1shot him.

I've got my fire/fighting love pig Boris and my psychic love bat Dusty so far at the second gym. Gonna hit like level 20 each soon. I'm also playing with the girl character so I can have Faithful Tepig fantasies.
>>
>>28871409
I remember getting this at blockbuster. It was pretty good, but sorcerer's stone for the ps1 is still the best HP game I've played. Chamber of secrets on GCN was pretty good too.
>>
File: 1464380645754.jpg (33 KB, 541x541) Image search: [Google]
1464380645754.jpg
33 KB, 541x541
>>28872006
oh yeah I had that too but got rid of it after the gym because gift pokemon are lame but it's good for beating the first gym, what I meant in my post was the second gym since it's so unmemorable. Otherwise I couldn't have all that other bullshit. I kind of want to scope the game out before trying a nuzlocke though.
>>
>>28871998
For just the armor you need to waste 41 in vitality with fap+2.
>>
File: 1458440632981.jpg (84 KB, 657x742) Image search: [Google]
1458440632981.jpg
84 KB, 657x742
>>28872121
Yeah, "gym leader uses normal type pokemon" in a museum in a hipster liberal arts town. I've got some sick fighting type moves so I'm sure it's gonna be a steamroll.

Not that I'm super pro or anything but pokemon games tend to hold the player's hand a little too much. Nuzlocke makes me so much more emotionally invested in my pokemon, too. Naming them makes them feel like pets so it sucks when they die. :'(
>>
>>28872302
by the way here's a funny blog about the game I was reading earlier
http://labelgame.blogspot.com/2011/03/oh-yes-pokemon-black-white-is-racist.html
anyway not saying pokemon is hard but I'd rather have cool dudes and not have to resort to grinding a bunch
>>
Not right now but was playing GTA V on ps3.
I bought it last friday and have been playing like 7 hours daily ever since.
It just made my life better
>>
>>28871958
>takes hours to invade in farron
>takes hours to get summoned as blue
>aldritch faithful invades in less than 30 seconds
What the Fuck FROM
>>
>>28871958
normally i hate invading because its always one sided against invader but that area after pointyff is such a clusterfuck and i absolutely love it
>>
i've been sunbro'ing at nameless king for more than a week
nearly 170 medals from that boss alone

I don't know why I keep doing this, I like fighting meme king..I can probably solo him if you summon me, unless I get cheeky
i'm on PC, SL ~130 look for zalbag
>>
Omega ruby and some piano game on my phone.

I'm done with mmo's
>>
File: maxresdefault-2.jpg (73 KB, 1303x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault-2.jpg
73 KB, 1303x720
Attempting to reach the Nuclear Throne.
>You did not reach the Nuclear Throne
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
This famalam

I have golden as well but there's just something about original ps2 version. Everytime I try to play golden, I just quit and go play original
>>
File: 1462407624550.jpg (17 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
1462407624550.jpg
17 KB, 480x480
>>28871428
Same here. From the launch of the game, I'm still in Rookie Rank with NO level points. I'm trying to main Nash and second Alex. I just don't know what to do when I'm cornered and face against characters like Fang or Chun. It's really fucking hard to transition from SSB4 to SFV.
>>
File: 250px-KZMercenaries.jpg (29 KB, 250x317) Image search: [Google]
250px-KZMercenaries.jpg
29 KB, 250x317
I bough this. I don't know why, since I've never played any other Killzone, don't give a shit about FPS in general, and have zero interest in playing it. I guess it's sort of neat that it's the full mediocre console FPS experience jammed onto a handheld, but it gets less neat when you realize that it's still a mediocre FPS, and because it's on a handheld they added stupid touch screen shit and it lags a lot. And it's too easy on hard mode.

Aside from that, mindlessly grinding completion percentage in Yakuza 5 and trying to get the last cash icon or two to 100% complete THPS2.
>>
Holy shit, i'm watching that movie rn
>>
Playing through Doom 2 in zDoom at the moment. Have yet to actually blaze through the entire thing (to my recollection), s'been a pleasant little romp thus far.
>>
>>28871409
was playing overwatch earlier. forgotten how shitty online multiplayer games can get.
>>
File: meh.png (840 KB, 1075x672) Image search: [Google]
meh.png
840 KB, 1075x672
Meh, fightcade is full of elitist

So i'm playing alone.
>>
PC: Overwatch, 3-4 idle games, Dorf Fort, trying to work up the interest to play FNAFWorld since I was told it is "Shitposting: The Game"
3DS: The various F2P pokemon puzzle games
Browser: nothing because Kingdom of Loathing's current challenge path is literally anti-fun
Nothing else is hooked up because I'm in the middle of a move.
>>
Minecraft, god. They introduced the Mending enchantment though, which turns XP into repairs for any equipment/weapon/tool. Literally I will never have to repair again, as a librarian is now selling the book. Villagers don't rarely/never breed if you don't leave on mob griefing, lesson learned.

>>28871546
>expert mode wall of flesh
You'll get your ass handed to you by the nearby enemies, not by the wall of flesh. Scythe demons and shit will just fuck your butthole sideways, WoF is easy.

>>28873535
>finally playing Fallout 3 after it's been on my Steamlist since forever
>kinda boring, some AI cheats like a motherfucker
I might finish the game before I go back to Cataclysm DDA.
>>
>>28872832

>reach the nuclear throne
>twice
>file bugs out and fish is suddenly locked
>guides to fix it don't work
>get pissed and never play again

I wish Gungeon wasn't pure shit so I had something else to play.
>>
>>28871409
is that game even worth downloading?
>>
SSB64, i spent all night hacking my Wii and finally got everything working
>>
>>28874039
>is that game even worth downloading?
Had that game as a kid, would probably get a nostalgic kick out of playing it on an emu for about ten minutes before getting bored with it. Can't see someone who didn't play it while it was still semi-current getting anything out of it unless they're a die-hard Harry Potter nerd though
>>
File: Jojo_Venture_Usa.jpg (318 KB, 850x1209) Image search: [Google]
Jojo_Venture_Usa.jpg
318 KB, 850x1209
>>28871409
Im just playing the best fighting game ever created
pic very related
>>
Currenty finishing the binding of isaac afterbirth, only need to get all completition marks with the keeper before 1001% achievement. Probably gonna try spelunky next
>>
>>28872832
Did you play binding of isaac? How good is nuclear throne in comparison to isaac ( isaac being 10/10 ), i'm looking for a new rouge lite with insane item combos after finishing it.
>>
>>28873695
See>>28874322

Origami Cannelloni
>>
I don't know,i might play through the Time Splitters games again,maybe Red Faction 1.
>>
File: arryporrer.jpg (54 KB, 500x339) Image search: [Google]
arryporrer.jpg
54 KB, 500x339
Fire Emblem Fates. I beat Birthright and Conquest and I'm a few chapters into Revelation.

Any marriage recommendations? I married Felicia (best girl imo) in Conquest and Azura in Birthright. I'm leaning towards a gen 2 character, probably Velouria atm because I loved her character.
>>28871409
>>28871501
Sorcerer's Stone on PS1 tho
>>
path of exile, switching between that and samp every 30 min or so
>>
>>28874322

Not >>28872832
but >>28873695

Nuclear Throne is a great game, but it isn't your Isaac replacement. Throne doesn't have item combos. But, it does have:

>characters with special abilities that make them play differently, unlike in BoI
>mutations you pick from a pool of 4 on level-up, giving you new abilities (one of which is exclusive to each character)
>a reasonable amount of guns to pick up
>a bunch of crowns you can grab that up the challenge in exchange for a "reward"

Runs will have plenty of differences if you want them to, just from those factors mixing together, but you can just as easily get into a funk if you refuse to mix up your choices.

You will never be overpowered like you would be in BoI, but the high pace of the game means that you won't need it. Getting good and playing safe will carry you thought everything.

It has a much stronger arcade feel. Expect to die a lot, but it doesn't matter. Unlike BoI, runs are short and fast. Even dying to the final boss only sets you back 15 or 20 minutes (which isn't to say the game is short. You'll just get skilled enough to skip half of the game by the time you can reliably get to the final boss).

It's definitely the best twinstick rougelike on the market, as long as you're fine with it being light on the rouge.

Also never buy Enter the Gungeon.
>>
Currently Ys II on steam and Abe's Oddysee New n Tasty on Xbox One.

I'm playing literally 40 other games off and on though.
>>
>>28874485
Thanks for the in-depth review. Why noz Enter the Gungeon? Looked pretty dank to me. What can you recommend? Dungeons of Dredmor? Crypt of the Necrodancer? Spelunky?
>>
>>28874424
i beat conquest and i've been trying to play birthright pretty much since the games came out but every time i start it i just get bored. i dunno why. but anyway silas best husband
>>
File: 3197548562.gif (1 MB, 354x198) Image search: [Google]
3197548562.gif
1 MB, 354x198
I'm switching from game to game right now. Putting an hour in each, or whatever I want to play the longest.

>Resident Evil 1
Played it for about 3hrs, and it's really great. The puzzles are very thought provoking. Although I wouldn't call them puzzles, more like "find object and put it in the right place."
>Black Desert
Bought this a week ago, but only put in like 1hr on it. Not liking the combat much, and it's kinda boring. I just keep starting it up hoping I'll grow to like it
>Quantum Break
Almost to the ending. A pretty basic 3rd person shooter, nothing much to say about it. Looks nice at least.

I think I'm just going to play more RE0. Maybe try for the 4th time today to play Black Desert again.
>>
>>28874535
I came in here solely to tell you to NEVER buy dungeons of dredmor and to buy (or play for FREE) Tales of Maj'Eyal. Spelunky is great too
>>
>>28874555
I see where you're coming from: Birthright's maps are really bleh and the characters and story aren't as interesting either if you play Conquest first. The saving grace is that you can beat it pretty fast if you don't do the paralogues (and I really haven't because I keep fucking them up and idk why)

and yeah Silas is pretty dreamy. Dat friendship. Dat voice.
>ON MY HONOR AS A KNIGHT
>>
>>28874588
Couldn't get into ToM, what's so bad about dredmor though?
>>
>>28874535

Enter The Gungeon is the perfect example of a lot of polish being put on a fundamentally bad game.

The company that made it is named Dodge Roll, based on the move in the Souls games. Nothing I say can sum up the problems more than the phrase "based on the.... Souls games" (not that I won't try). They try to emulate a developer mindset they don't understand at all, and it makes the game itself unplayable.

When you fire it up, it seems great. You see some high quality images and hear an excellent title screen song. You enter the game and play a well-constructed tutorial. You play through a few rooms of the first floor, impressed at the minor details like papers flying away when you flip a table, or the sparks on a crashing chandelier, or whatever else catches your eye. You flip to the first few articles in the dungeon compendium and they're acceptably written. You find a chest, and, if you're lucky, there's a gun in there. You try it out. It does less damage than your starting gun. Surely, that's just a bad bit of luck? You try the second chest. Oh, no gun. Just some weird "flip a desk to get one money" power. Alright. Off to the boss.

It is then that you realize every boss in the game is like fighting Hush in BoI. Every single boss, from the first floor on, is a grueling duel with a bullet sponge. Maybe you die to it. Maybe you make it to the second floor. Something feels off. After a room or two, you realize it. The health of every enemy in the game scales as you progress. In lieu of actual difficulty, they just move the health on every enemy up a few notches on every floor.

A list:

> majority of guns in the game, even after you unlock the good ones, are downgrades. They'll either do less damage than your starting gun, do a useless effect like minuscule poison damage (or in the case of the guns that transmogrify enemies randomly, rob you of your deserved loot), or both. When the whole point of the game is "wacky guns," that's a bad sign.

cont
>>
File: 1438412120006.jpg (38 KB, 460x464) Image search: [Google]
1438412120006.jpg
38 KB, 460x464
I consider myself a pretty big MGS fan, but for whatever I reason, I hadn't played MGS4 until about a week ago (I guess a big part of it was not owning a PS3 until a little over a year ago, but still).

Anyway I played through 4 on Solid Normal and I thought it was pretty great. For the most part the story wrapped up nicely and the Shadow Moses mission and the final fight were some of the best callbacks I've ever experienced. I liked how many options you had to use stealth and firepower. Only real complaints I had were the bosses, while enjoyable, just weren't as memorable or unique as the the past games, and the cutscene to gameplay ratio felt high even for a MGS title.

Today I started Phantom Pain and it's been a blast. Does a lot of things differently, but that isn't as bad as I thought it would be. It's basically combined everything I loved about 4 and Peace Walker while adding some cool elements of other action games. Although I HATED the opening sequence. Goddamn, it tries so hard to be like "cinematic action" games and it just wasn't fun. I wish it were a cutscene about half the length. I'll definitely forgive it for how much fun I've had after it though.
>>
>>28874881

>item system

Putting aside the guns, items in general are awful. Each floor has two chests. Each chest needs a key. You have two options: play a class with built-in bad aim for the default gun, making every fight take twice as long as it should, just to get a lockpick (which fails and breaks the chest anywhere from 50 to 80% of the time), or skip half of the chests entirely. When you open them, the majority of items are bad. Many of them are "on flip" passives, in a game where many rooms don't have tables. Some are good, like bouncing bullets or piercing shots, but the vast majority are things that do nothing to change your run. In the grand scheme of things, every run is going to be exactly the same, with you using your starter pistol with no cool effects because you're stuck with "tables rocket away slowly" as your only item and the chest that had a gun in it broke.

>fight composition
All of this is complete shit. The first enemy you'll see is probably a simple bullet. It shoots one shot at you every 10 seconds or so. The shots are slow-moving. You'll see a few new enemies as you advance, but due to lazy fight design, most of the rooms are just going to throw a few more bad-aim bullets at you (and double their health on the later floors because sidestepping a shot that already went wide is much harder when you have to do it 3 more times!).

tl;dr
Only play this game if you want to use a bunch of samey guns that take 5 minutes to kill a boss that can only fire babby's first bullet hell patterns.
>>
Does anyone want to join me in Dying Light on PS4? Playing Main Story in a few hours.

The enhanced edition is currently on sale on PSN (US) that's why I got it and so far I am having a blast with this game. It has a very high quality and the funfactor is unreal.

I am German but prefer speaking to others in English it's just a lot of fun that way.
>>
File: Imitation Lover.png (632 KB, 816x658) Image search: [Google]
Imitation Lover.png
632 KB, 816x658
Not really a game desu.
>>
Bloodborne trying to create an Arcane character
>>
>>28871409
fable anniversary. trying to be a paragon of virtue character
>>
File: 1463820075840-b.jpg (25 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1463820075840-b.jpg
25 KB, 300x300
>tfw you will always be able to buy GameCube controllers due to a new version of Smash Bros coming out every generation
>tfw there will always be GameCube controller to USB adapters
>tfw any gaymen computer after 2012 will be able to run Dolphin
>tfw gaming monitors with low latency
>tfw you can preserve that feel
>>
File: RimworldA13.jpg (547 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
RimworldA13.jpg
547 KB, 1920x1080
I'm currently finishing a Rimworld A13 Vanilla playthrough, after that I'll look into the new released mods.
>>
>>28871428
It's garbage. Capcom really fucked up with SFV. I'm back to playing SF4 already and don't plan to go back to SFV. I never watch tournaments of SFV because it's so freaking boring.
>>
File: ss+(2016-05-28+at+03.22.05).jpg (53 KB, 692x259) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-05-28+at+03.22.05).jpg
53 KB, 692x259
training and practicing my hardest to be in the top 100 for a shit game nobody cares about as well as causing me to pull my fucking hair since its so fucking imbalanced with the cheesiest retards playing it
>>
>>28871409
Nothing. I miss the hell out of GTA V online though
>>
>>28876607

What is GTA V online like?
I only pirated the game and I'm on my 4th storyline playthrough right now
>>
>>28876656
It's really fun if you're playing with people you know or in some gaming group. By yourself it's a still fun but can get dull at times.
>>
File: 20160523060916_1.jpg (343 KB, 1440x900) Image search: [Google]
20160523060916_1.jpg
343 KB, 1440x900
thinking about maybe playing skylines
>>
I've been mostly playing SAMP for the past 8 years, barely played any other games.
Is there something wrong with me?
>>
>>28872408
dude what I invade all the time in farron every time I try. Are you Australian or something?
>>
>>28871409
Total War: Warhammer
Why they didn't call it Total Warhammer is beyond me.
>>
>>28878048
I want somebody to make a mod which renames it to that tbqh
>>
Team Fortress 2 and Insurgency on my PC, Fire Emblem Fates (Birthright) and Shantae and the Pirates Curse on my N3DS XL, and FF4 on an emulator on my phone.

I actually quit TF2 for the longest time. I suddenly got back into it and I've gotten sucked back into to it just like before. I guess I'm OK with it, I've missed it kinda.
>>
>>28871409
Man that hit me in the nostalgia,

only it was chamber of secrets for gamecube I wasted all my time on
>>
>>28878048

I bet they would have if some suit at sega didn't stop them because muh brand recognition
Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 23

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.