[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you mitigate loneliness?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (38 KB, 167x190) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
38 KB, 167x190
I know that I'll never have a relationship. I just can't relate with people on that level and even if I did I'm not sure that I would want to put up with the bullshit. Regardless, I feel that same drowning feeling that comes from wanting someone yet not being loved by anyone. So my question is what are the best ways to deal with loneliness? How can I kill these feelings without giving into them? How can I not feel bitter whenever topics of romance or relationships come up? I figured I'd ask here since most people here deal with similar shit and we could get some sort of compilation thing going on. Vent, share "war stories", whatever. As long as someone gets something out of this it'd make this worth it.
>>
>>28869310
In my experience I've seen a couple of ways of dealing with it.
There's the "ignoring it" route, where you just fill up your time with so many activities that you're occupied all the time and you're too busy to remember how lonely you are.
There's the 'substitution' route where you just try to make due with having close friendships.
I used to know a guy, who tried to get really abused by a girl, so that he would be damaged and resent women and loss his desire for companionship with them. I don't know if it worked, I assume after a long enough time the desire's going to come back.

What I do isn't really a solution, it's basically just delaying my eventual confronting of the inevitable; I make accounts on dating websites, and whenever I feel lonely, I look through profiles, maybe send a message or two, and that false sense of hope sort of numbs the loneliness a bit, but only temporarily.
>>
File: moot5.jpg (48 KB, 455x600) Image search: [Google]
moot5.jpg
48 KB, 455x600
I've been friendless for about 3 years. I'm so far into it now that I don't see any easy way out here.
I tried to get friendships going before but something went wrong and something made me go off the grid. It was just this feeling that I've never fit in and I never will fit in anywhere.
I mean that in the way that I don't really work with people. I can talk to people just fine, strike up a conversation. Even if I'm awkward, I can do it. I can't fault myself for not trying.
I just don't have it in me to try anymore. I turned 20 the other day. I'm a nobody and I don't have it in me to change it.
>>
>>28869466
Jesus that sounds like torture. Do you do anything that doesn't involve bending to that desire? Like doing something completely different that still takes the feeling away without involving romance or desire at all? I really just want to fulfill the need with Something completely unrelated.>>28869640
That sounds exactly like me. When was your birthday anon?
>>
>>28869981
>I really just want to fulfill the need with Something completely unrelated
I think the closest you could come to that is a pet. I'm saving up for a pet owl, I think that will save me for at least a good 30 years, and by the time it dies I'll be 62ish and I can kill myself.
>>
>>28869310
You distract yourself for as long as you can with something
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.