[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I get better at manipulating people? I have no empathy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 7
File: 1461107569526.jpg (713 KB, 706x999) Image search: [Google]
1461107569526.jpg
713 KB, 706x999
How do I get better at manipulating people?

I have no empathy or care for others but I'm terrible at actually manipulating them
>>
>>28867106
make them like you
>>
Listen to them, and compliment small things that they say/do
>>
You can only manipulate people if they are extremely attracted to you for whatever reason. Other then that people will call u on ur shit. People aren't dumb...
>>
start spending more time with them. learn the patterns. most people are really shallow when you get down to it.
>>
>>28867515
yes
i work in sales
i have only ever closed with close relatives and long term friends
those closely attached
they must really care about you
so you can make them to buy
there is just no other way to sell anything or manipulate anyone at all
>>
>>28867106
I don't know how to answer this because I just do it naturally. If you have any specific questions I might be able to help.
>>
>>28867106
Play down on your own abilities, and up on theirs. People will listen to you if you can make them feel good about themselves.
>>
>>28867106
feed their ego and subtly talk about weaknesses and use that to your advantage.

Use 'negs' frequently as a way of wanting your validation by lowering their self esteem.
>>
>>28867594 here, this >>28867601 is definitely retarded advice. If anything you should do the opposite of that, since that is how the dynamic always is for me. People admire me and think of me as superior and I barely even do anything to convince them.
>>
>>28867106
You probably have trouble with manipulating people because you aren't actually a likable person. It's doubtful you are going to change that, considering you want to manipulate people. So I guess you are stuck being a powerless loser who wishes they had some sort of power over others.
>>
>>28867106
Think about what you want from them or what you want you want them to do. Then gain a bit of trust with them and slowly convince them in ways that don't seem to benefit you to your final goal
>>
>>28867106
Why would people help their enemy? You are stupid and therefore you cannot do any damage as a sociopath. I am okay with that.
>>
>>28867709
Obviously I want to become a likeable person, retard

I just can't be sincere about it
>>
File: apa pepe.jpg (43 KB, 413x476) Image search: [Google]
apa pepe.jpg
43 KB, 413x476
>>28867106
its essential you have empathy to manipulate people. you have to understand their circumstances and predicaments to better guide them to your desired disposition.
>>
>>28868229
Yeah, sorry, I don't think you are capable of that. This probably isn't for you, because you seem sort of like a weak person. Just accept you won't ever be able to control others due to your inadequacies.
>>
File: 1232089003280.jpg (105 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1232089003280.jpg
105 KB, 1280x720
The secret is to post more Mitsuba.
>>
>>28867919
Enemy of my enemy, think of all the [insert group, race, gender, social status that you hate] OP could harm in your stead.

What ever happened to doing shit for the lulz?
>>
bump. I need more.
>>
>>28868261
This desu.

Lacking empathy is considered a personal flaw for more than touchy feely reasons, it's an actual practical handicap.

People who relate better to others have a better chance of surviving and thriving in basically any human society.
>>
>>28868525
>What ever happened to doing shit for the lulz?

You're just about 10 years late.
>>
>>28867106
>doesn't care for people
>hasn't figured out how to manipulate them yet
What are you, an aspie who just watched a Bond movie? If you haven't figured it out on your own, your only choice at this point is to become a follower. Let the naturally gifted tell you what to do.
>>
Has anyone that about breaking apart a tight friend circle?
How do you go about infiltrating and spreading lies that breaks them apart without it all leading back to you?
I would tell more lies, but I am sure they would easily find out when they mention me as the one who said it.
Has anyone had success in this before?
>>
>>28870001
I just haven't socialized in my life
>>
>>28870338
>who is zoe quinn
If you're not female, you have to be a doormat who makes people think he cares about them more than anything and would never tell their secrets. Then you go about following their lives as closely as possible and detecting every emotional flux until you know their weaknesses and when they're more receptive to ideas you can fix in their minds.
>>
>>28870423
That is a good start. I have a group in mind, and it surprising how quickly some have told me more personal details, but I am not sure where to go from there. The end goal is to spread lies and see how they friendships are affected, but I don't know what lies to tell, and how to keep it away from me.
>>
>>28870622
You don't just start telling lies outright. You indirectly deprecate members of the friend group when they're not around, such as by pointing out annoying things they do and downplaying their achievements. People already think these things about each other but rarely mention them because they know it would cause problems within the group. All you need to do is amplify those thoughts and position people in such a way that it becomes their default way of regarding their "friends".
>>
>>28867568
You fucker, don't you run out of new customers though
>>
>>28870669
Huh, in some ways, I have already been doing that with some. One in particular who I always talk about others in the group with. I guess I am the one he feels comfortable with talking about the others with. In some ways, I am his outlet for his complaints and questions about other members.
But I don't really get that same thing from others in the group. I am on good terms with all of them yet, I don't know them enough to feel comfortable enough with contacting them and spending time one on one so that I can hear their thoughts.
I guess I need to get to know my group better.
>>
>>28870737
>I guess I need to get to know my group better.
Yes, although you have a secure foothold with the one guy. A good way of spending time with the others is through him. Suggest going to a bar, or getting together at home. If you know any interests the other members have, you'll want to read up on those and use them to get closer with them. You can also get this information by asking "what's so-so up to" or "do you think so-so would be into this?"

It's funny I'm telling you this, as I've never manipulated people with the intent of hurting their relationships. I never cared about being part of a group, I just worked my way into them to see if I could feel the kind of connection and enjoyment everyone else seems to get.
>>
>>28870849
It is a new thing for me. I have thoughts more and more about being two-faced and lying and messing with people's lives to see what happens, and really just for my entertainment. Maybe when I am all done, the dream would be that it all blows up in my face when everyone figured out what I had done, but it would not matter because I was done with them already.
My problem also is that one of them is introverted, and he is hard to get to know and approach. As much as I want to get closer, I don't want to come off as trying too hard.
The good news is though that he is a sensitive person, so it won't take much to ruin his state of mind.
>>
I figured out a long time ago when I was about 16 or 17 that you often get what you want if you just tell people what they want to hear and behave as they want you to behave when in their presence. Throw away any notion that its important to express what you really believe, it won't actually get you anything.

People are fucking stupid in general and either can't tell that you're lying to them or just subconsciously ignore it because they want a friend.

Its a dog eat dog world out there, man. Don't puss out like a faggot if somebody commits themselves to you. They would fuck you over in a heart beat if served their purpose so long as they never had to deal with your consequences in person because they're weak and can't admit to themselves that they're only out for themselves in the end.

Fuck em up, bro.
>>
In overview, it sounds like a lot fun to mess with their lives, but when trying to gain their trust, it is one a slow process that takes a lot of patience.
I guess also the problem is accidentally becoming emotionally attached. I am trying not to let that stop me. I have noticed that people don't realize when exactly I am being facetious, but realize that I am a facetious person, yet they still like me for my humor.
I just need to more experience with how to approach working with different personalities. It is a hard pill to swallow about you said, but I think realizing what you say as the truth is the only thing keeping me back from doing this all successfully.
>>
Bump for getting people to give me memes
>>
>>28871343
:~)

You can keep that one, friend
>>
>>28868261
That's absolutely not true

The best manipulators in history have generally had sociopathic traits
>>
File: cantwakeup.jpg (101 KB, 500x501) Image search: [Google]
cantwakeup.jpg
101 KB, 500x501
>>28867106
Read these books I'm reading

Also lose all fat and build muscle
Donald Trump - The art of the deal

Barbara Pease - The Definitive Book of Body Language

John Gray - Men Are from Mars, Women Are from Venus

Robert Cialdini - The Psychology of Influence

Ogi Ogas - A Billion Wicked Thoughts

Dale Carnegie - How to win friends and influence people

Allan Pease - Talk Language

Jason Kelley - Starting Strength: Basic Barbell Training
>>
File: 1442461242215.gif (14 KB, 633x758) Image search: [Google]
1442461242215.gif
14 KB, 633x758
>>28867106
>Roaches think they have any power
Puppet Dance
>>
File: 1464221801497.jpg (33 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1464221801497.jpg
33 KB, 500x375
>>28872483
I'm telling you, you want Influence and Practice. Not Psychology of Influence.

Science and Practice demonstrates ways in which to apply what you've learned as well as validating the actual success of the compliance tactics it mentions.
>>
>>28867106
You could try minoring in psychology. I consider it to be almost wholly a joke major, but it can really help you to think in different ways about what motivates people. And the key to manipulation is understanding how people are motivated and what they are motivated by, imo. I consider myself to be pretty good at manipulation. I didn't do the minor but my dad did and I pay attention to his tricks. He makes a shit load of money in his sales position, and he says it was the psych classes that helped his way of thinking. Sorry for rambling, I'm pretty sleepy.
>>
> I don't care about people
> I want to change how they feel about me

This is folly
>>
>>28872457
having empathy and faking empathy are basically one in the same. but you still have to make others think you are empathetic.

if you are incapable of faking empathy, you are a psychopath.
>>
>>28867106
I just started experimenting on humans such as doing actions or going to places on the internet and judging reactions until I figured out the human brain to an extreme point and understood all of their "formulas." I think that's the best way
>>
Read the art of Manipulation. There's a free PDF of it if you look on Google
>>
>>28867106
People want to feel
special (different), needed, and valuable.
Most human's are disgustingly shallow creatures and manipulation is annoyingly easy once you learn them
>>
Learn the difference between sociopath and spychopath people.
>>
>>28867106
Grow up, dickhead.
>>
>>28867106
serious protip OP: go play EVE online and scam people out of their money and items. scamming is encouraged and not bannable
>>
How can I invoke Stockholm syndrome in a girl?
I've had her for 2 days but she just wants out
>>
>>28876112

Can anyone answer? Please?
>>
File: 1432134260230.jpg (19 KB, 208x250) Image search: [Google]
1432134260230.jpg
19 KB, 208x250
You have a vivid imagination roachie, thinking you can manipulate me.
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.