[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey guys, check out this awesome idea for a hairstyle app I thought
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: 28286014.jpg (146 KB, 852x918) Image search: [Google]
28286014.jpg
146 KB, 852x918
Hey guys, check out this awesome idea for a hairstyle app I thought of:

An app/website that'll let the user see which hairstyle would look appropriate on him/her, by picking from an array of different hairstyles. Using facial recognition technology, the user will be able to realistically put on virtually any hairstyle on his/her head, giving an accurate representation of what the user will look like with the hairstyle - even allowing the user to move his/her head up, down, left, right with the hairstyle intact.

The app will have a variety of social networking features: uploading pics with the chosen hairstyle to photo sharing sites, sending pics via messaging services/email, uploading to facebook, twitter, etc. as well.

Aside from being curious as to what you'll like with a hairstyle that interests you, this app could be use in a variety of entertaining ways as well - seeing what your three year old toddler would look like with Conan O'brien's hairstyle, amongst other uses including friends showing each other would they would look like with iconic/goofy hairstyles.

The app will detail what the hairstyle is called, along with the directions on how to achieve it - cutting directions, hair products, etc - so your barber can 100% identify how to cut it. A Google Maps feature will be included, to also show surrounding hair salons with their included ratings.

Functionality and navigation through the app will be top notch. Categorized hairstyles by regions around the world, popularity, age, gender will all be included, amongst other features will be included.

Having a feature for makeup may also be included for women.

So...What do you guys think?? Give me your legitimate criticism
>>
Bump

Originalcomment1234
>>
I know they have websites for this, an app is a new idea though.
>>
>>28865050
Im sure ive seen some websites do that, not everything in one tho. Still not oroginal
Sorry familia
>>
I don't know how well the "put their hair on your face" feature would work, you'd basically need the angles and lighting to match up between pictures and even then it might look goofy.

I would do something like a tinder-style endless stream of haircut pics, letting the user save them as they go along. Then it would be really easy for the user to go to their barber and show them the style they want
>>
That sounds like something I'd want to use. Good luck anon
>>
>>28865050
Do it if you want, its all up to you anon. I wouldn't care desu, I don't care about hairstyles
>>
Would work incredibly. Focus your audience for mainly women; they'd eat this shit up.
>>
>>28865050
Idea itself is generic as fuck, but you show promise with respect to thinking of future/transcore enhancements. Keep trying.
>>
File: iamthenigger.jpg (36 KB, 736x436) Image search: [Google]
iamthenigger.jpg
36 KB, 736x436
>>28865050
Thanks for the idea, off to my Zionist superiors!
>>
These sorts of programs/sites have been around since the late 90s. There have been apps that served the same functions since the early to mid 00s.
>>
Few things to consider. Do you personally have the capabilities to make this software. If you do not you need to find out your potential revenues, compare it to the salary of the person(s) who make this product for you. Think about the launch cost, and the method you use to monetize the product.
>>
BUMPBUMPBULMPO
>>
>>28865761
Snapchat has a similar feature where they 3D map your face and your to silly things to it
>>
OP , do you even realize how shitty the hair would look not to mention how hard would it be to 3D map the face from a camera acurretly enough for the hair to even look shitty ?
Hell it only looks good on snapchat because its used for stupid shit that was artistically tailored to look good.

Its quite easy if you are facing the camera since you can kinda map out the face from the position from the eye's but fucking mapping it out in 3d is a whole other matter.
Your only hope is that there are libraries on android that support that shit
>>
>>28866286

How can I earn money from this idea even when I can't code or do anything?

Product placement could bring in money
>>
>>28865050
That app seems like it would be pretty useful however i don't see how you could make money off of it. The most likely way you get bought out if if you code something novel and then google or some other large tech firm buys you for your tech. If you can't code I would recommend not trying to make this happen. Someplace like snapchat would eat this app up though.
>>
>>28867160
There was actually some recent research presentation about a tool that improves facial mapping, you'd take a video of a person talking and doing faces then another person doing different faces or saying something else and it would remap the facial expressions and mouth state on the original person.

The main problem with OP's idea is the mapping the hairstyle when there are no facial cues, like mapping the hairstyle to see how it looks from behind or on top or whatever.

OP also doesn't realize what kind of GPU performance rendering realistic hair in real time would require, and that it will never happen on a mobile device.
>>
File: 1414167863537.jpg (48 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1414167863537.jpg
48 KB, 300x300
>>28865979
Then fuck off baldie
>>
>>28867966
Well for OP's sake i assume that he would render sprites , none in their right mind would render high resolution ray traced hair real time on a desktop let alone on a mobile device.

I guess one way OP could do this is to somehow 3d map the face whatever way snapchat is doing that and then render the hair model on the 3d mapped face ignoring the hair.
>>
>>28868474
Yeah but then it'd just be some shitty thing anyone with some Python knowledge and an OpenCV tutorial could do.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.