[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
how 2 face reality?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: 1432680041844.jpg (52 KB, 500x365) Image search: [Google]
1432680041844.jpg
52 KB, 500x365
how do i stop escapism and face reality?

i dont enjoy anything in life, and the things that seem worth getting are too hard to get, moreover im not sure if id even be happy when i got them.. so i spend 24/7 on 4chan, vidya and tv.. but its boring and i know the longer i'm like this the worse things get

i've tried going quitting internet, meds, therapy, meditation, exercise, diet..etc
>>
why would you want to face reality?
>>
You just have to will yourself out of it, anon. Anything is fair game when you're at rock-bottom. I made a tulpa to, among other things, help me out of my situation. And I have a long way to go, but progress is being made.
>>
>>28864540
because escapism = dependence, worse depression, no friends, no gf, no money, no pride or self esteem, worse health.. just everything goes to shit, like it already has and the cycle gets even harder to break

>>28864576
> You just have to will yourself out of it
iv tried that and it didn't work
>>
>>28864518
>>28864787

Will alone isn't enough, OP. It's half will, half habit. If you start with little things (cleaning up your room, going outside once a day, learning to cook/eating less shitty food) and give yourself a good foundation then you'll have enough inertia to make positive change.

Don't listen to the self-help bullshit. The root of improvement is reaching a point where the suffering you feel from your current way of life is more intolerable than the effort needed to change.

Seems like you're there, set yourself up for failure. Don't try to do everything at once. And for the love of God if that boulder rolls back down, have the courage to start over. Stagnation is death. Every time you give up you reset all your efforts to one. Every time you try again, you are more likely to keep on trying until you succeed.

Here for you Anon. Seize the day. Read some Kierkegaard & Camus. You can do it - you're aware you need to change and that's the rarest thing.

Best of luck. We're all rooting for you.
>>
Don't face reality unless you have to. Escape it as much as you can.
>>
You can do a vipassana mediation. Like the one where you just sit there and do nothing for hours, paying attention to how your body feels, how your emotions feel, your inner talking, the feeling of wanting to go back to distracting yourself.
That will definitely get you to "be with yourself" and face "your actual reality".
But I have never really done one myself for more than half and hour. It will feel like hell. So boring.
But if you can find peace like that, you will never need to do things solely for the purpose of distraction. You'll just do things you like, because you like them, not to distract yourself from something else.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.