[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anxiety general
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2
File: aco.jpg (13 KB, 200x242) Image search: [Google]
aco.jpg
13 KB, 200x242
If you have something like social anxiety or GAD, talk about your experiences. Will probably get no replies because everyone is too nervous.
>>
Why would I waste my time typing something for people to read if no one is going to respond to it and will probably skip or skim over it like most people do with every post?

That's why I don't talk in real life. No responses? No verbalization from me then.
>>
>>28864534
the passionate passionate nightman
>>
>>28864534
No one cares if you don't go to the party
>>
>>28864534
There are people who want to hear your story, but you're not always guaranteed a response and maybe you didn't give it the time required. /r9k/ likes to argue and complain, also part of dealing with anxiety is learning not to flee at the first sign of trouble.
>>
>>28864722
I don't have anything important enough to say that it would warrant saying it knowing that I would get no responses. Conversation is dependent upon validating the other person by responding to him. If you are not validated, then there's no point trying to converse.

My anxiety comes from being around people who have the ability to see me and physically interact with me. It has nothing to do with conversation. I just don't want to waste time trying to talk to someone or a group of people if I am going to be ignored.
>>
>>28865719
Sometimes you have to speak a little louder to be heard, or weave a more interesting tale. I come from a family where you practically have to shout to be heard. Imagine being the one with anxiety in that group. I get ignored by people all the time, but that doesn't mean I stop talking to them.
>>
>>28865800
Well if I were you I would simply become mute in that case. Why bother speaking to a metaphorical wall? What do you gain from it?
>>
>>28865818
You said it yourself. There's nothing worse than being ignored. People with anxiety are often seen and not heard, which is unfortunate. The key is to make your presence felt on issues that are important to you, as this should be. Too many people dismiss anxiety as being some kind of imaginary thing here. One story, replied to or not, can set a precedent for others to post and raise awareness.
>>
>>28865885
I guess the issue of people acknowledging that anxiety isn't a meme or fake illness is important to me, but the venue for voicing those concerns is not /r9k/. Regardless, I'll give some insight into what it's like for me because you seem to want me to do that.

Being in view of people causes every muscle in my body to tense up and my heart to start beating faster. It's terrifying because you know every single person is staring at you, and in every possible place a person could be staring at you, but you cannot see them (windows, passing cars, etc) you also know, or fear, that there is a person there as well. Glaring. Speaking to people makes my face turn red and I start to sweat. I stammer and lose track of what I was thinking in favor of planning escape routes. I look over my shoulder constantly and pay attention to my periphery as if I'm expecting someone to appear there.

I try to cover myself up as much as possible regardless of the heat because it makes me feel safer. Like I'm hidden from view in some way even though I know I'm not. It's comparable to hiding under the blankets when you hear something frightening as a child, or keeping your eyes shut tight when you enter sleep paralysis and feel breathing on your face, or a presence in the room, or a voice.

I would have to think of specific stories if that's what you wanted to hear.

>Inb4 ignored
>>
I live in a town full of chavs/niggers whatever you call them. Its unpleasant to be near of them and im afraid they will disrespect me and fuck my shit up. How do i fix it? I sit at home all the time because of this.
>>
>>28866073
I wanted your voice to be heard, not ruthlessly suppressed because you seem new here or because of the way you phrased things. /r9k/ is not the friendliest board sometimes, but there are still those who might have a more sympathetic view. The typical thing on this site in fact is usually first to be insulted, and after some persistence have your question answered. Try not to let it discourage you.
>>
>>28866215
Why don't you move to a better neighborhood?
>>
File: Hero Image_Haring_FINAL.jpg (139 KB, 1170x356) Image search: [Google]
Hero Image_Haring_FINAL.jpg
139 KB, 1170x356
i have Agoraphobia but all you can do is power through it or waste your life away, fuck what other people think
>>
>>28866437
Not possible really.
>>
>>28866473
Well, what you have to remember around people like that is to stay calm and not show any sign of nervousness or weakness. You can have a storm brewing on the inside but as long as they do not see this, and you do not appear as someone who stands out too much (leave the fancy clothes and expensive watches at home), they should leave you alone. All the same, you might want to think about packing some protection for a worst case scenario.
>>
>>28866533
>You can have a storm brewing on the inside
I need somehow to block this shit. I'm tired of this feeling. I try to man up but in the end i become paranoid as fuck and have panic attacks.
>>
>>28864475
I have severe crippling clinically diagnosed anxiety. Life is so harddddd :/
>>
>>28864475
I have depersonalization/derealization but most people think it's a meme mental illness.

All of my doctors say it's anxiety causing it, but in reality it's the mental illness that's causing the anxiety.

I fear for my life every day, because of an irrational fear of suddenly disappearing from the face of the Earth.

I feel as if I'm dropping into nothingness when I walk outside, and I feel as if my body is just a vessel carrying my consciousness.
>>
Literally everyone ITT

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nCgm1xQa06c

Anxiety is truly something that deserves sympathy and attention, and you've come to the right place. Have all the sympathy your histrionic heart desires~
>>
>>28866649
i have that too, its been like a year or so now

i get kind of pissed when i read someone say that they they had like an hour long spurt of depersonalization and were "terrified"
>>
>>28866265
I've been here since 2008. I just don't like posting unless it's likely I'm going to be responded to, and these threads are usually everyone posting their problems/stories and no one responding to anyone.
>>
For the past 7 years or so, I've had really bad social anxiety. Whenever I'm around people, it's like my brain just shuts off. People will talk to me or try to start a conversation, and my brain just goes into panic mode. I can't think of anything to say or do to contribute at all, so I just say stuff like "yeah" or "mhm". Kills me because it's ruined my social life. Even my family thinks I hate them because I don't talk to them or want to be around them. I can't even get myself to yell out when something wrong is about to happen at work or wherever. Same thing with when I make a mistake. I'd rather just deal with the consequences later on than speak out about it and face the problem at that time.

I also get anxiety attacks where I start getting really dizzy, hot, palms sweat, bad nausea, and my skin almost feels like it's pulsating between a hot and cool feeling.

My doctor gave me some xanax, which really helps. I'll take one when I know I'm going into a situation that will give me anxiety attacks.
>>
>>28866734
>>>>>Social anxiety
Thanks for the laugh m8. Literally everyone has this
>>
>>28866689
I've had it since I was around 3, but only in the past 4 years has it gotten this bad. (I'm 25)

I went through physical and mental abuse by my drunk dad and got sexually molested by my cousin. (I'm a male)

My dad used to beat the shit out of me every day, and my mother is dealing with an untreatable schizophrenia and tried to hang herself when I was 9 years old. I found her hanging, I can't shake off that image from my mind.

The day after my mother hung herself, she had a blue mark around her neck from hanging herself and my father mocked her for being unable to even kill herself.
Sorry. I just needed to get this off my chest. Never told this to anyone.

What do you think caused your DPD?
>>
>>28864475
>tfw doc stopped giving me benzos
Now I only have one emergency benzo but it's for my borderline moments and not my anxiety issues

Can anyone suggest meds I should try?
Tried Promethazine, Lyrica, Melperone, Valerian Root
Nothing worked
Also I am on two antidepressants, but they aren't fixing my anxiety issue at all
>>
>>28866765
Then robots should have a baseline level to connect at, am I right? It can make just going out and interacting with anyone a hugely dreaded thing for some people.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.