[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw bullied by my coworkers and boss
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6
File: image.jpg (15 KB, 205x246) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
15 KB, 205x246
>tfw bullied by my coworkers and boss
>>
>>28864442
there is easy way out
turn off your alarm, and sleep instead of going to work
>>
>>28864442
there is easy way out
turn off your aIarm, and sleep instead of going to work
>>
>>28864486
But I need the money. It's literally the only reason I put up with the daily abuse.
>>
>>28864442
Why do they bully you OP?
Are you 'slower' or something?
>>
>>28864442
there is easy way out
turn off your alarm, and sIeep instead of going to work
>>
File: 1458858245318.png (361 KB, 478x498) Image search: [Google]
1458858245318.png
361 KB, 478x498
>>28864486
turn off your alarm, and sleep instead of going to work

mfw, I did this one time

feel good man
>>
File: 1450532025683.png (1 MB, 999x999) Image search: [Google]
1450532025683.png
1 MB, 999x999
>>28864542
>mfw, I did this one time
I did it 7 years ago and have slept ever since
>>
>>28864532
I'm actually quite adept at my job, which is the only reason I haven't been fired. But I have Asperger's and will sometimes break down and cry if there's too much noise or the work becomes overwhelming

I work in IT, in case you're wondering.
>>
>>28864442
Could you greentext an example please?
>>
File: image.jpg (53 KB, 557x612) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
53 KB, 557x612
>>28864567
hahaha you fucking pansy
>>
lol quit and get on welfare ya wagecuck. Why do you people continue to put up with this into middle adulthood anymore? I worked some bad jobs in my time, and knew people like this too. It was never sustainable. Either find work you can stand to do for a time, go back to college, or live the NEET lifestyle. Don't be a schmuck.
>>
>>28864577
>couple of months ago
>come into work with a stomach bug and have an accident in my pants
>try to make my to the toilet before anyone notices
>normie coworker sees me asks me why I'm walking funny
>tell him I shit my pants
>now get called "Peter Pantload" by my coworkers and boss
>>
>Harassment

>Harassment is a form of employment discrimination that violates Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967, (ADEA), and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, (ADA).

>Harassment is unwelcome conduct that is based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age (40 or older), disability or genetic information. Harassment becomes unlawful where 1) enduring the offensive conduct becomes a condition of continued employment, or 2) the conduct is severe or pervasive enough to create a work environment that a reasonable person would consider intimidating, hostile, or abusive. Anti-discrimination laws also prohibit harassment against individuals in retaliation for filing a discrimination charge, testifying, or participating in any way in an investigation, proceeding, or lawsuit under these laws; or opposing employment practices that they reasonably believe discriminate against individuals, in violation of these laws.

>Petty slights, annoyances, and isolated incidents (unless extremely serious) will not rise to the level of illegality. To be unlawful, the conduct must create a work environment that would be intimidating, hostile, or offensive to reasonable people.

>Offensive conduct may include, but is not limited to, offensive jokes, slurs, epithets or name calling, physical assaults or threats, intimidation, ridicule or mockery, insults or put-downs, offensive objects or pictures, and interference with work performance. Harassment can occur in a variety of circumstances, including, but not limited to, the following:

>The harasser can be the victim's supervisor, a supervisor in another area, an agent of the employer, a co-worker, or a non-employee.

>The victim does not have to be the person harassed, but can be anyone affected by the offensive conduct.

>Unlawful harassment may occur without economic injury to, or discharge of, the victim.
>>
>>28864567
wow you really are pathetic
>>
>Employer Liability for Harassment

>The employer is automatically liable for harassment by a supervisor that results in a negative employment action such as termination, failure to promote or hire, and loss of wages. If the supervisor's harassment results in a hostile work environment, the employer can avoid liability only if it can prove that: 1) it reasonably tried to prevent and promptly correct the harassing behavior; and 2) the employee unreasonably failed to take advantage of any preventive or corrective opportunities provided by the employer.

>The employer will be liable for harassment by non-supervisory employees or non-employees over whom it has control (e.g., independent contractors or customers on the premises), if it knew, or should have known about the harassment and failed to take prompt and appropriate corrective action.

>When investigating allegations of harassment, the EEOC looks at the entire record: including the nature of the conduct, and the context in which the alleged incidents occurred. A determination of whether harassment is severe or pervasive enough to be illegal is made on a case-by-case basis.
>>
File: 1458665611940.jpg (18 KB, 499x499) Image search: [Google]
1458665611940.jpg
18 KB, 499x499
>>28864612
Holy fuck. You really have problems
>>
>>28864612
Haha, Peter Pantload is here
>>
>Hostile Work Environment Harassment

>A hostile environment can result from the unwelcome conduct of supervisors, co-workers, customers, contractors, or anyone else with whom the victim interacts on the job, and the unwelcome conduct renders the workplace atmosphere intimidating, hostile, or offensive.

>Examples of behaviors that may contribute to an unlawful hostile environment include:

>discussing sexual activities;
>telling off-color jokes concerning race, sex, disability, or other protected bases;
>unnecessary touching;
>commenting on physical attributes;
>displaying sexually suggestive or racially insensitive pictures;
>using demeaning or inappropriate terms or epithets;
>using indecent gestures;
>using crude language;
>sabotaging the victim's work;
>engaging in hostile physical conduct.
>>
>>28864567
How can you expect to have a satisfying career in IT if you can't handle being overwhelmed or handle pressure?
>>
>>28864442
>tfw everyone I work with has no idea what they are doing.
I cook at fucking ihop and these idiots can't figure out how to make eggs right
>>
>When harassing conduct violates the law

>First, unlawful harassing conduct must be unwelcome and based on the victim's protected status.

>Second, the conduct must be:

>subjectively abusive to the person affected; and
>objectively severe and pervasive enough to create a work environment that a reasonable person would find hostile or abusive.

>Whether an instance or a pattern of harassing conduct is severe or pervasive is determined on a case-by-case basis, with consideration paid to the following factors:

>the frequency of the unwelcome discriminatory conduct;
>the severity of the conduct;
>whether the conduct was physically threatening or humiliating, or a mere offensive utterance;
>whether the conduct unreasonably interfered with work performance;
>the effect on the employee's psychological well-being; and
>whether the harasser was a superior within the organization.

>Each factor is considered, but none are required or dispositive. Hostile work environment cases are often difficult to recognize, because the particular facts of each situation determine whether offensive conduct has crossed the line from "ordinary tribulations of the workplace, such as the sporadic use of abusive language . . . and occasional teasing," to unlawful harassment.
>>
>>28864717
I don't expect my career to be satisfying. As I said, I only do it because I'm good at it and need the money.
>>
File: gift.png (179 KB, 1323x425) Image search: [Google]
gift.png
179 KB, 1323x425
reminding me of this lol
>>
>>28864510
maybe you can get by without this job
>>
>>28864741
How long have you been doing it? I was a sysadmin for 3 years but I've started to hate it. Looking to get into analyst work now.
>>
>>28864442

>tfw you work for the state, all your coworkers are blacks, and they are literally corrupt, wasting taxpayer money left and right
>>
>>28864766
tob fugging geg, I hope this is true
>>
Also another thing I like to is write a joke of the day on our office whiteboard. Every day someone comes in and erases it. So I hid in the office and waited for someone to come erase it, and I got so mad I shoved the guy to the ground. I had to meet with human resources and almost got fired.

That's just one example of how they to love to fuck with me and make my life hell.
>>
Listen to the dude posting laws
>>
>>28864717
Is this supposed to be ironic? You people make a huge deal out of sitting on your ass all day otherwise.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.