[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who /attractive but still fucked/ here? Whats the point in having
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 8
File: a Front.jpg (668 KB, 941x927) Image search: [Google]
a Front.jpg
668 KB, 941x927
Who /attractive but still fucked/ here?
Whats the point in having good looks if you're socially fucked?

>Look nice
>Dress nice
>Get compliments on how I look sometimes
>Poor social skills
>People make fun of me to and behind my face
>Almost no friends
>Nobody treats me seriously
>>
>>28864170

just sounds like you're a narcissistic and you're not actually attractive.
>>
>>28864170
You don't belong here. LEAVE IMMEDIATELY!
>>
>>28864189
>just sounds like you're a narcissistic

how so?
>>
>>28864170
It seems no looks you've got you really need.
>>
>>28864189
>>28864211

If you're physically alluring, dress well, and all that people will usually go to great lengths to be your friend and/or date you despite huge character failures. Often socially awkward hot guys still do pretty well.

Conventional wisdom, then, is either:
>you're not as good looking as you think
>you're too self-focused to attract friends or a mate/don't actually care about other people as people so they don't want to be friends
>you're SO socially awkward that you disturb people (serial killer/school shooter vibe)

Or any combination of the above. Narcissism is especially hard to catch because by definition one is so self focused they unconsciously drive people away because you obviously don't give a shit about them.
>>
>>28864377
>because you obviously don't give a shit about them.

Well people say I'm a good listener so can it really be that? People still approach me an all that im just bad at holding conversations.
>>
>>28864170
Well my grandma says I'm very handsome
>>
I'm not sure whether I'm attractive or not.

Actually, I have a feeling that I don't look bad, it's just that my face is unusual.
>>
>>28864449
That's certainly a good sign. Obviously can't say for sure.

Who are these people complimenting your looks/listening skills? Is there a reason you don't call them friends?

Do you think you've got a latent fear of closeness or something? I've found that during the times when I'm SUPER alone even things I normally don't sperg out on (eating alone, walking down the street, writing at bar/coffee shop) I end up sending some subtle signal or something that people pick up on.

Then it becomes a downward spiral of
>alone
>awkward because of how alone I am
>alienate potential friends/qts because of awkwardness
>feel more alone, more self conscious about being alone
>repeat until completely isolated

Does this feel anything like you're situation?
>>
>>28864377

This. Most robots who say they're attractive are extremely delusional. Most likely you're average looking/normal/not ugly but extremely narcissistic.
>>
>>28864557
>Who are these people complimenting your looks/listening skills? Is there a reason you don't call them friends?

People I interact with sometimes. I don't see them/talk to them enough to consider them my friends and I'd doubt they'd consider me their friend

>Does this feel anything like you're situation?

yeah sometimes
>>
>>28864170
I have been told I look nice by others but I still think I am an abomination. Otherwise I am you, OP. How do you cope? I like marijuana.
>>
I'm attractive but it doesn't matter to most people since I'm really uptight. I get upset if people even drink.
>>
>>28864170

You sound like St. Rodger
>>
Compliments don't mean a god damn thing unless its coming out of an attractive 18-25 year old girls mouth. Old people, your friends, co workers, your family giving you compliments does not mean shit. And even if an 18-25 year old hot girl compliments you, it still doesn't mean anything if she won't date you. Its just an empty compliment.

Trust me, you're not as good looking as you think you are.
>>
>>28864170
Tfw:
>bullied throughout high school
>move to a new city where noone knows me
>become fit
>start dressing well and keep good personal hygiene
>still feel like the same fucking beta from high school
>becomes bluntly obvious after a few minutes talking to most people that im a failed normie.

Feels bad desu senpai.
>>
>>28864709
That might be the root of it then, Anon. People are hardwired to be suspicious of other people who are isolated. Especially if (like me) you tend to be uptight.

Not saying you have to go crazy (I'm a bit misanthropic too, trust issues, hate crowds/noise/parties all that jazz) but if you can build up enough of a resistance to start assembling some sort of a circle of friends (doesn't matter how big - my real friends are 4 in total) then you'll give yourself a much better shot.

Even the fact that if you have a couple people who have you back then you can make intolerable social situations tolerable. It's 1000% easier relax and enjoy yourself if you're with people you want to be with at something like a party and not just surrounded by randos.

Hell, my best friend (a chick) of two years introduced me to the girl I'm seeing now. As someone who hasn't once successfully 'cold approached' a stranger this was a fucking ideal setup. If you're more comfortable you'll probably find that there are people who want interact with you.

The next step is - while you're trying to take positive steps - all of it hinges on your ability to start to relate more with others. Try to care about people more (despite the risk/vulnerability) and they'll gravitate towards you. And every once in a while you'll find a friend who would take a bullet for you - gf or platonic - and that's fucking huge man.

tl;dr - baby steps. Work to develop relationships with people who make you happy & comfortable. Then, spend time with them - meet their friends, etc. Go to things with those friends until you build a tolerance to the stuff that makes you go crazy.

That's my 2 cents anyway.
>>
>>28864996
>jus b urself lol

Kys OP don't listen to this fag
>>
File: jacking off.jpg (209 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
jacking off.jpg
209 KB, 1600x1200
I guess I'm pretty good looking. Especially now that I have lost a lot of weight and gotten a lot fitter, it turned out I had a pretty good bone structure under that fat. I've definitely gotten some attention from women. I've even been approached by a few women in night clubs on the rare occasions I find myself in one. Those encounters never lead anywhere. I'm just too autistic and I need to drink up a lot to gain confidence. By the time I feel confident, I'm too drunk hear really anything someone says over the loud music. I don't even know where else you could meat women other that bars, I really don't like going to one.

Doesn't matter. I'm happy when I'm distracted from loneliness, when I'm self-improving, like exercising or reading for example.
>>
>>28865799
>>jus b urself lol

No anon be the BEST version of yourself.
>>
File: 1421391634193.gif (1 MB, 220x200) Image search: [Google]
1421391634193.gif
1 MB, 220x200
>be me
>attractive
>AAA eye contact with bitches during convo
>don't actually want a gf
>might fuck a girl just to try someday
>>
>>28864170
I'm a guy and I've been offered money for sex, and have had other different people want to have sex with me, but I have PTSD and start to get really nervous when someone touches me.

I'm not interested in casual sex, and if I meet someone who can deal with it, great. If not, that's okay too, things could be worse.
>>
>>28864557
>I end up sending some subtle signal or something that people pick up on.

Yeah, IKTF. I guess I just look depressed and tense or something.
>>
File: 1448680656083.png (386 KB, 667x670) Image search: [Google]
1448680656083.png
386 KB, 667x670
Oh, look this thread again. It doesn't matter if you're literally retarded, if you're actually hot you would have gotten laid by now. Being a hot guy is like being a girl, you don't have to put any effort into getting laid, girls will throw themselves at you.

So no OP, sorry but you aren't attractive.
>>
>Be me
>skelly but not too bad
>still look pretty good
>start balding
>be really depressed
>
>>
>be female who isn't fat, unhygienic, or mentally ill to an extreme extent
>could easily find a guy willing to be with me or at least fuck
>avoidant personality disorder out the ass so no social life at all
>last time a boy chatted with me I starred at him for a good minute, silently trying to think of something to say, before he gave me a weird look and walked away
I literally cany even begin to understand how humans interact and communicate
>>
>>28867399
>t. Someone who doesn't know what they're talking about
>>
>>28864818
This
I got some girl's number at work just by dressing in strange clothing and agreeing with her in a very brief conversation. Hopefully I can keep this ruse going next ttime I see her at work.
>>
>>28864170
>>Get compliments on how I look sometimes
Who are those compliments coming from?
There are two answers here.
Dudes are fast and lose with their opinion, if you're doing critiques have some banter, I'd say like a friars roast but those are kind of declining in quality there's a difference between a witty thing to say and something kind just plain mean and unfunny.
If females are telling you it, she probably wants the D and you're probably as socially fucked as you say if you're not picking up on it at all and not just ignoring it for some other reason.
>>
>>28868943
>Who are those compliments coming from?
gay guys
>>
This damn thread again. Nobody attractive is socially awkward how many times do we to through this? If you're really handsome you would have developed normally.
>>
>>28869014
Well that's kind of like what I was saying. If they tell you that you look okay let them know if they look like a goofy motherfucker. Just calling them a fag isn't really good banter that's like /b/ cancer tier humor.
>>
>>28869026
>Nobody attractive is socially awkward how many times do we to through this? If you're really handsome you would have developed normally.

>t. an autist who never goes out
>>
>>28869161
I go out way more than you. I was never a shutin. I have a job and work with people daily. It's easy to see how attractive people get treated like they are a completely different.
>>
>>28869221
You don't know what you're talking about. Thats like white sjws talking about black oppression.
>>
File: 1412142953617.jpg (7 KB, 249x244) Image search: [Google]
1412142953617.jpg
7 KB, 249x244
>>28864170
>attractive
>good sense of fashion
>get complimented on my looks occasionally
>no friends
>have an odd personality and occasionally odd mannerisms apparently
>can't really make friends, mostly for not being able to connect with normalfags
>Can get sex if I wanted to but it's the same as masturbating unless I'm in a relationship with the person (and I don't want to be in a relationship with most people for the aforementioned point)
>now a NEET since I'm out of college for the summer
>no real passions anymore, so life has no direction
>even if I did find a girl/guy I liked they wouldn't want to stay with me because I'm worthless as a partner due to having no job or direction
>>
File: rxppLhvP.jpg (203 KB, 1252x1252) Image search: [Google]
rxppLhvP.jpg
203 KB, 1252x1252
>>28869247
I do though. Like I said I work with people daily. I meet new people daily. Attractive people are forgiven for everything. There's no possible scenario where a guy that looks like pic related is shy or has anxiety. It simply never happens. You need to wake up and smell the roses sunshine. Your delusion might be ruining your life.
>>
>>28869305
personal anecdotes are not evidence
>>
>le attractive but can't get laid meme
Stop deluding yourself. If you were attractive you'd have no problems, even if you were a sperglord. Just accept that you're ugly. Christ, I hate you faggots. You're ugly. Deal. With. It.
>>
>>28869544
Speak for yourself fggt
>>
>>28869544
>If you were attractive you'd have no problems
this is what ugly autists actually believe
>>
>>28869568
>>28869586
How about some arguments to back your claims up, you faggots?
>>
>>28864170
>somewhat attractive in younger years
>some girls had crushes on me
>too blind to see
>became depressive
>started neglecting my looks
>now i'm overweight by 50 lbs with terrible face skin
I was never meant to win this game.
>>
See the thread I made earlier about good looking guys not having social anxiety. Most of you think you're "secretly" good looking, it isn't the case sorry bro. You're probably average at best. You would be getting laid left and right regardless of social anxiety or any other bullshit excuse if you were truly good looking.
>>
>>28869609
>posts unfounded claims
>gets responses
>"how about some arguments to back your claims up?"

go drink a big ol' glass of bleach
>>
>>28869702
>not knowing burden of proof
>"ol'"
You know how I know you're underage?
>>
>>28869609
How about you?

ggi
>>
>>28869725
>powerlifter
>fem
You dont look too feminine enough, guys dont want to date men. They probably assume you're some sort of ball-busting dyke.
>>
>>28869720
>posts unfounded claims
>not knowing burden of proof
>>
>>28869675
Someone offered me sex before but i declined because I was too nervous and I didn't like them like that
>>
>>28869749
do you know what burden of proof is idiot?
>>
>>28864996
fucking normie what are you doing here. go somewhere else please, and never come back
>>
>>28869780
Yeah, something you don't seem to grasp.
>>
File: Photo on 5-27-16 at 7.10 PM #2.jpg (160 KB, 1080x720) Image search: [Google]
Photo on 5-27-16 at 7.10 PM #2.jpg
160 KB, 1080x720
>>28864170
>Be me
>White, male, 22 yrs old, BA in Psych, teaching credential and special ed. credential
>Work for local elementary school as a special ed. teacher
>Dress well, got nominated for teacher of the year, get hit on by female coworkers frequently
>Turn down all offers, avoid all staff parties
>No friends, no social life
>Other teachers at work ask me about my weekend, and I'll usually bluff with something like "Oh, it was a wild one," or I'll lie about spending time with my family (whom are several states away or dead).
>Can't even play with guns in my spare time b/c no fun allowed in Commiefornia
>I feel like I'm going crazy. I actually much prefer to spend time with my autistic class children than with neurotypical adults
>I no longer desire a long-term relationship with a female, but I'll have to get married soon or people will start to think I'm a pedo.
>Wat do?
>>
>>28869916
howhot has spoken
>>
>>28864170
>tall
>white
>dress decent
>always thought I looked really feminine but whatever
>always complimented on my hair and eyes
>get called "the cutest guy ever" by a lot of girls
>probably just mocking me but idk
>supposedly even had a lesbian get a crush on me at one point, not sure if that's a good thing or not
>fuck up my relationships because I "don't show any emotion" causing them to think I lose interest
>called weird because I never ask for nudes or send dick pics (just don't see a reason to really)
>my only interests are history, vidya, backpacking, and computer hardware, so I have nothing in common with females
>say the most autistic shit all the time, but females call it cute for some reason
>hate myself because I fuck up relationships even though its usually the females that ask me out
>whenever I ask what makes me different from the other guys females can't give me a solid answer so I'm always thinking this is just a big ruse
>constantly wonder if I actually have downs syndrome and everything that people have ever done for me has been out of sympathy, but I guess I'll never know for sure

Robots hate me, normies hate me, I don't belong anywhere I just want a pure robot/cyborg gf to be cute and autistic with

and I think I may have found her
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.