[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why don't my friends invite me to things What am I doing wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 7
File: 1464219663487.png (639 KB, 467x618) Image search: [Google]
1464219663487.png
639 KB, 467x618
Why don't my friends invite me to things
What am I doing wrong?
>>
Embrace isolation, be comfortable with loneliness and find a balance for constant heart pain while faking emotions.
>>
>what am I doing wrong?
I don't know. You tell me
>>
>>28863576
You browse /r9k/ for one thing. Why don't you call one of them? You need to develop a report with someone who is foremost in your social group.
>>
>>28863667
>>28863672
Im not blaming my friends. Its mostly my fault for not putting myself out there more, I guess. Fuck, this sucks and its all my fault.
>>
>>28863700
No doubt it's you who chose this but there's not always point in assessing blame. At least you aren't being rejected by all the people who once cared for you. You just aren't in with them enough right now to be called on for the really fun stuff. If you still have friends, or even the potential to repair what's wrong with your relationships, you're doing OK at the moment.
>>
>>28863700
Let me ask you: are you afraid to call your friends? Do you wish to get out more?
>>
>>28863852
I am afraid. There is nothing to do in my town and I can't invite them over to my place because I live with my parents and 3 brothers. And everytime I try to do so or jump into their discourd chat I feel like they don't want me there.

>>28863844
I guess, but how do I get in without them rejecting me?
>>
>>28863892
Pretend to care about stuff they're interested in long enough, OR help them with something of theirs that is important. Prioritize on friends who are the steadiest and most trustworthy, and assist them in a capacity that meets with their approval.
>>
>>28863892
>live at parents
Yeah sound like you're in a bind. I'd imagine you don't have the cash to move out either. So you're stuck like a bird in a cage.

Am I correct to presume that you're very bored of your life atm?
>>
>>28864004
Yes I am very bored.
Right now I'm at a community college and most of my friends go to Uni. I see them on social media having a great time and meeting a these cool people and here I am stuck on 4chan all day.
>>
This happens to me more often then not. When I don't get invited to something cool I drive myself to the local park, sit by the waterfall and write in my journal, its nice desu
>>
File: 1463092937315.jpg (23 KB, 337x372) Image search: [Google]
1463092937315.jpg
23 KB, 337x372
>he actually has friends

what a normie
>>
>>28864162
Of course he does. We all had friends at some point. But you have to be there for them if you really want them to like you, not on some silly website.
>>
>>28863892
Sounds like you need new friends. You actually sound just like me OP. I'm 30 now but I remember when I was in my early 20s/late teens I was the one who had to invite myself out with my so called friends. They never invited me.

Eventually I stopped calling them and just learned to enjoy being by myself. I still have one friend out of the bunch I talk to but for the most part I'm just happy being alone.
>>
>>28864111
>I drive myself to the local park, sit by the waterfall and write in my journal
sounds nice
even if thats the most depressing thing i've read all day
>>
>>28863576
Chances are they themselves are not going out. Or are going out with people they think you might feel uncomfortable with.

If it bothers you just ask if you can come. If it turns out shit you can always leave.
>>
>>28864438
It's actually not. I have a lot of inner peace and tranquility in the outdoors. It keeps me happy when usually I might cry or get really depressed. I'm saying no to depression and anxiety. I have been addicted to my depression for around a year now and I have decided to live happy
>>
>>28864507
No, I see it on social media, its just like 5 guys playing video games together. I can't ask to come because it don't know about it until after the fact.

>>28864517
Good for you anon!
>>
>>28863576
>friends
>invite
>things
>doing
>wrong

Get off this board.
>>
>>28864547
I know how it is for you right now. It was like that for me too a few months ago.
>>
File: Picture1.png (855 KB, 1518x1518) Image search: [Google]
Picture1.png
855 KB, 1518x1518
>>28864543
>Hey man i saw pics from that lan party you had last night
>Oh yeah we played some shit like CS and rocket league it was fun
>Yeah, looked like it. Maybe i can come next time? Ill bring weed.
>Sure man, idk if we will be able to find you a place to sleep, but why not?
>No problem, i am usually the last one to go to sleep anyway.

I might be autistic but it cant possibly be harder than this.
>>
My friends keep inviting me to go out with then, I always refuse because they don't know that my personality is merely an act and it's too exhausting to keep it up for a longer time, so I always end up losing the friends that I've made in the long run.
>>
>>28864625
I can't do that. I literally cannot bring myself to do that.
>>
>>28863576
This happened to me so I gave up on having friends. That was 22 years ago
>>
>>28864669
Why not?
Whats the worst thing that could happen?

>Lol anon just asked me if he can come to our party lol i told him hell no lol hes such a loser

You are a bigger loser for not asking. Because either they think you got your own thing going on, in which case they will never suddenly start inviting you, or they just have some preconception about you that you are unable to change because you are not going out with them.
>>
>>28863576
you live near philly? i'm in southern nj, but i can go out there or anywhere if you want to hang out. c:
>>
>>28864853
oh shit senpai I'm in southern NJ too
what county?
>>
>>28864625
>>28864625

you're not really meant to act like you're interested in going out with anyone, its a normie taboo. You have to be invited and indifferent or normies will be disgusted and creeped out
>>
>>28864677
You must be pathetic. Where is your brain?
>>
File: Pwnf4.jpg (345 KB, 1400x2424) Image search: [Google]
Pwnf4.jpg
345 KB, 1400x2424
>>28864903
Burlington fambini, happy white families area, so glad to finally meet another nj anon c:
>>
>>28864944
Hey Hey Hey, my dear friends!!
who has an engaging social gathering planned this weekend?
I'm coming -- oh, and I'll bring the beers for you!
so.... who's the masters of ceremony?? ;^)

yeah, I dunno, it might work, seems a bit desperate but who am I to say
>>
>>28864944
Sigh... then dont be interested in going out with them, but be interested in the event you are attending.
>>
>>28864978
shit nigga im in burlington as well, what are the odds
I go to BCC
>>
>>28864669
they aren't your friends dude, i don't know why im the first one to point it out. if they considered you a friend they'd invite you out, normies aren't complex beings it's really that simple
>>
>>28865119
Not really.

I am studying programming and i have finished music school.
Both parties get pissed that i dont invite them to garage raves or lan parties.

Programmers and Musicans just dont mix. One dont know shit about music theory while the other doesnt have a decent PC or any skill in games.
>>
>>28865097
Yeah i'm only doing one class at rcbc atm on the mt. laurel campus
My skype is ubonmsa if you ever want to talk btw c:
>>
>>28864978
Thanks for posting this, I love looking at other countries in google maps
>>
>>28865285
huh never would have thought I'd meet someone on /r9k/ who goes to the same school as me
you got a steam?

oh shit wait your name wouldn't happen to be mike would it?
>>
>>28863576

They're too polite to tell you that you're not fun enough to hang around. I have a group and friends and there's one guy who tags along sometimes but it's funner when we exclude him because he's a little awkward and doesn't get our jokes or make any funny ones of his own. I know it sounds cruel but if I want to have fun, he's probably not coming.

You're either boring or you're just hanging around the wrong group of friends.
>>
>>28865405
no but i remember a guy who was called mike who played melee in the lounge
>>
>>28865447
my steam is http://steamcommunity.com/id/goddamnmongorian/
forgot to put that
>>
>>28865447
Yeah was he asian? He was in my public speaking class.
>>
File: tumblr_nt4hbrNofu1qarjnpo2_1280.jpg (214 KB, 850x477) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nt4hbrNofu1qarjnpo2_1280.jpg
214 KB, 850x477
>>28865333
I like going through cities. Favorite is Rotterdam in the Netherlands and Bath.
>>28865496
Nah different Mike, the one i remember was like half black and had a big afro
>>
because you are ugly and boring
>>
>>28865478
your steam is private senpai
i dont feel like redownloading skype
>>
>>28865959
you can still add private accounts <3
https://discord.gg/012NCvBmC8ng3ezEN
join this then
>>
>>28865406
>he's a little awkward and doesn't get our jokes or make any funny ones of his own. I know it sounds cruel but if I want to have fun, he's probably not coming.
This hits close to home.
Lately I've been forced to accept that I'm just not that fun to be around and will never make strong, meaningful friendships.
What is there for people like me? What am I supposed to do?
>>
>>28863576
It's because they're not your friend they just use you when it benefits them. Welcome to normie life.
>>
>>28866396

Develop a personality. I used to be a straight edge christian with a strict curfew and nothing on my mind except school. Then I found 4chan and was able to vent vent vent vent and shitpost shitpost shitpost shitpost until all the awkwardness was gone and I knew how to joke around with other people. The woman hate threads also helped me stop seeing girls as goddesses and it put them on my level, mentally. As long as you don't get dragged down by all the memes and see past the obvious bullshit 4chan is a good start to becoming an interesting person.
>>
>>28863576
you need to bring value and contribute.. dont just sit around leeching off their plans and hospitality. try to organize something for the group, thats what id try but i dont care about having friends anymore. just baggage and expectations
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.