[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any Robots ever go traveling? Storys/tips/suggestions/dreamers
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: imagedotjpg.jpg (2 MB, 2432x1520) Image search: [Google]
imagedotjpg.jpg
2 MB, 2432x1520
Any Robots ever go traveling?

Storys/tips/suggestions/dreamers welcome.

I want to see the world(or Europe as a first trip) but I worry about the social aspect surrounding it all, where if you look at anyone you can find online they're all socially adept, fit attractive people claiming that the friends they make along the way are the best part, whereas im out of shape with the social skills of a can of worms.
Is the social aspect really that important?
>>
>>28860116
>Is the social aspect really that important?
No. I just spent a month in Spain and didn't talk to anyone
>>
>>28860149

What did you do, and was it fun/enlightening/relaxing.
>>
>>28860116
I going to new orleans for the first week of june wish me luck robots
>>
>>28860116
Yeah, I generally spend abou 2-3 months of the year traveling. I've visited most of Europe, parts of S America and Asia and a couple of countries in Africa and the Middle-East.

For me the social aspect of the trip has always been the best part but don't let that put you off. I can't tell you how much easier it is to talk to people when you're both traveling. Whether it's chatting to people in your hostel's dorm, getting too know randoms in whatever group activity you're doing (rafting, diving etc) or introducing yourself to people in bars, cafes and restaurants. Of course Europe was easier to do this sort of thing than Asia or S America. I just got back from Italy and I might have arrived alone but by the second day I'd been invited to a local's party and made plans to split van rental costs with a couple of other travelers.
>>
Every year when spring hits I go on my yearly hitch hike across the states. I've been to about 30 so far. Dixieland is the best. I usually stay out and about until November then head to southern California where it's warm for the winter
>>
>>28860255

Good luck fampai

>>28860273

How do you even afford to spend 3 months of every year traveling?

Also are you attractive?
Im just wondering how approachable id even be, given my appearance.
It would definitely make me feel better knowing there were others like me doing this.
>>
>>28860176
I mostly visited historical sites, explored interesting cities, fucked hookers and ate nice food in restaurants. Yeah it was pretty great
>>
>>28860333
Australian medstudent with 50k/year in gov scholarships so I'm lucky enough to have money and the free time to enjoy it.

And no, I'm not attractive. You just have to make an effort to throw yourself out there and do the approaching yourself. I know this sounds dangerously close to Chad's "JUST BEE URSELF" but trust me, it's easier when you're traveling. You have no idea how many good times started with asking interested or lonely looking randoms if they were interested in a beer or a game of pool. One of the best fortnights of my life was all because I my travel guide recommended some awesome trip that didn't have any good public transport connections so I just went around telling people how great it would be until I had enough to split the cost of a jeep
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.