[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
any robots ever been to japan? did you go alone or with friends/family?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: 284a2c84982a5a62d7a5773f4f01da7a.jpg (543 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
284a2c84982a5a62d7a5773f4f01da7a.jpg
543 KB, 1920x1080
any robots ever been to japan?
did you go alone or with friends/family?
how did you feel being around so many people and being unable to communicate with them?

i've been wanting to go for years but i have nobody to go with and it's too hard to plan because i can't do everything i want to do in one trip
>>
>>28858204
I met up with a japanese friend from there so my experience was extremely different.

It's absolutely mindblowing amazing country but especially if you are alone, learn a few words of japanese. Even if it was simply the sign for "man" or "woman" to make sure to get your onsen or restroom correct.

They are very nice but won't try to make friends with you necessarily. Especially in Tokyo, they're very used to foreigners so you won't even get the curiosity chat.
>>
>any robots ever been to japan?
just got back yesterday after a week long trip
>did you go alone or with friends/family?
went with my brother
>how did you feel being around so many people and being unable to communicate with them?
I actually thought it was fun trying to use broken japanese that I learned the day prior, my favorite was "biru kidusai"

as for traveling alone, I was monitering the japan general thread on /trv/ while I was there to look for interesting things to do, I noticed there were a good number of weebs trying to meet up in the thread, so at the very least you will could find someone in there.
>>
>>28858204
>any robots ever been to japan?
6 months. Planning to move there for a year, in a year. Italian cuck here.
>did you go alone or with friends/family?
Alone, in a student house, as an exchange student. Great times.
>how did you feel being around so many people and being unable to communicate with them?
But I could, Anon. Nevertheless, it was incredibly great. Looking forward to go live there again.

Especially in the countryside, if you're not a total sperg people will talk to you, most of the time asking you why you are in Japan and be (out of politeness maybe) impressed by your language skills. In Tokyo it's way different though.

If you wait another year, you can come to my house :^)
>>
>>28858313
a friend of mine went to japan last year and he was at some club wearing some normie meme band shirt and attracted the attention of some westaboo and they have been online friends ever since

it's actually really annoying because he never shuts up it
>>
When I was 9 I moved to Okinawa because my dad was a Marine hyperchad. I lived there until I was 15.

It was nice I guess. Food was good.
>>
>>28858204
Been there 5 times with my mates, we go to Hakuba to go snowboarding then chill out in Tokyo for a bits. It's heaps comfy there man.

The majority of them can speak very basic english, enough to direct you to places so it's never been a problem for us since we all don't speak any japanese.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.