[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>so bad at communicating with others that you exclusively
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: 1452469972448.jpg (58 KB, 722x349) Image search: [Google]
1452469972448.jpg
58 KB, 722x349
>so bad at communicating with others that you exclusively lurk most boards and never post
>avoid multiplayer vidya discussions
>avoid single player discussions where people share screenshots

How do I end this feel?
>>
>>28857698
Dont feel bad about lurking, apparently only a small percent of people actually post
>>
>>28857698
>tfw too autistic to voice chat
>>
I was that bad when I was like 21 and I just started doing it a lot and it went away

It's hard to explain but your brain probably has a lot of built-up false understandings of social dynamics, that you just need to gradually erode. I remember the first time I posted on 4chan, after years of only lurking forums, my heart was pounding because I was afraid of "fucking up." The first time I actually did fuck up and say something stupid, and someone mocked me, I thought I had to stop posting for like six months. I never talked in video games because I was terrified of being judged, etc.

You seem better off than I was at least, but seriously, it just erodes. Just keep doing it over and over again and it will get better. Push your comfort zone. Don't trust your own rational projections of progress - progress will come all at once in bursts, not as a steady linear thing.

When I started out, I would never have believed in a thousand years that I could be as """"confident"""" as I am now. Would have seemed like actual wizardry, and I could not explain it to my younger self no matter how hard I tried. But in reality I'm not even confident, I'm just socially experienced enough to know little intangible things, like "when you socialize constantly, your brain just automatically de-prioritizes minor fuckups because you're too goddamn busy to worry about them."
>>
>>28857735
This is what happened to me the other day. I spend so much time typing instead of speaking my thoughts that it's very difficult for me to string together coherent sentences when I'm also trying to speak.

Was embarrassing really; trying to talk to my friends and just autisming everywhere because I hadn't used my voice in over a month.
>>
You are schizoid, OP. It's not terrible, actually very good if you're NEET as well.
>>
>>28857698
well you started a thread so you aren't that bad
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.