[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Have absolutely no talent or skills >any attempt to channel
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: 1461910734842.jpg (1020 KB, 2000x2000) Image search: [Google]
1461910734842.jpg
1020 KB, 2000x2000
>Have absolutely no talent or skills
>any attempt to channel your depression and anxiety into some creative medium is a complete waste of time
>>
>>28857155
>falling for the tortured artist meme
I'm pretty sure any example of this would've been bipolar, they'll have periods of depression but then intense surges of confidence and creativity

If you have normal, clinical depression you would probably have the same lack of motivation for creative pursuits as you do for everything else
>>
it takes a little time buddy

just drink coffee and practice what you have a vested interest in and think of the possibilities at the end

nap after 15 minutes or so of practice and repeat. after 6 months you can make youtube videos and look like a pro. its pretty motivating
>>
>>28857155
take xanax drink and make beats. even tho they probs sound like shit the next day, who knows, u might be a prodigy. next dr dre yung metro?
>>
>>28857303
>draw/compose/program/write/whatever
>it's shit
>spend days on it
>it's shit
>spend months on it
>it's shit, except the smile is just the tiniest bit less vile and runny
>spend years on it
>it's shit, except people only recoil from it from twenty metres away and not fifty

Wow. What a way to spend a lifetime. Thanks.
>>
>>28857640
>the smile
*the smell
>>
>>28857640
its a start anon and honestly youre going to end up doing this with something whether its growing a relationship with a girl or not

at first tis depressing because you want an easy way out but then its relieving because youve figured out probably the one thing in life thats going to make you happy.
>>
>>28857155
Talent doesn't exist and you have to cultivate and hone your skills.
It can take years before you get good at something anon.
>>
>>28857866
>Talent doesn't exist

How does it feel to be literally mentally retarded?
>>
>>28857889
Instead of insulting me, why don't you try to reply with an argument?
Every instance of "talent" is just someone who is skilled.

The only way I could someone see use the word talent is when someone else is quicker at learning something.
I don't like to count this as talent though because it seems to have more to do with the mental capacity of the person.
>>
>>28857927
Ah, so 'talent doesn't exist (except that it actually does except I'm gonna call it another word, such as "mental capacity", except I won't mention this at first because my ideologically-motivated point is to state flatly that talent isn't real)'.

Fucking clown.

Talent without motivation means nothing.
Motivation without talent means exactly as nothing.
>>
>>28857953
Mental capacity isn't the same as talent.
I feel that the best way to describe it is mental capacity is the ability to understand the craft, to see the bigger picture of what you're good at.
Talent (or what people refer to as talent) is just being good at something. You don't have to understand how music theory works to get people to say you're talented because you can play piano. Which is just being skilled because you've practiced so much.

>Talent without motivation means nothing.
yes

>Motivation without talent means exactly as nothing.
no
>>
>>28858020
>Talent (or what people refer to as talent) is just being good at something.

Talent by definition refers to the innate component.

>no

Nice argument.
>>
>>28858055
>>28858020
Also, before you demonstrate your mastery of fallacies, let me ask you a favour. When the time comes for the 'I'm not telling you that you're going to become the next...' strawman, could you please thing of someone else than Picasso and van Gogh this time?
>>
>>28858055
>Talent by definition refers to the innate component.
I don't agree.

I just took a look on what google had to say about talent,
>natural aptitude or skill.
This pretty much comes back what I said earlier.
>The only way I could someone see use the word talent is when someone else is quicker at learning something.

This doesn't has to be talent per se. If someone understands how everything works in his field he can grasp everything more easily and faster.
Someone who is "talented" might understand it quicker or he might be more "natural" in that he doesn't need to understand everything to get to the same skill level.
This still has to do with mental capacity though. Some people see the bigger picture faster and clearer than others. On the other side there are people who understand everything, yet they still don't have the skill to execute whatever they are doing.

I think that the term "talent" is just too vague. Skill is a better word.

>Nice argument.
If someone is motivated and doesn't halfass his work he can produce quality content. Whether he's skilled or not. Granted he would take way more time than someone who is skilled.

>>28858090
But Picasso and van Gogh are my favorite pianists :c
>>
>>28858222
>'I disagree with the definition of talent you gave. Let me look up "talent" in Google. Oh look, it literally says what you said talent is. I'm going to contradict myself by saying that this is also what I said in my previous post and fucking quoted. Then I'm going to say that this definition of talent actually isn't talent.'

I... I don't know what to say.
>>
>>28858222
>If someone is motivated and doesn't halfass his work he can produce quality content. Whether he's skilled or not. Granted he would take way more time than someone who is skilled.

Aha. YOU CAN become an artist, you just have to devote absurd amounts of time to something that gives no significant returns, that nobody likes either way, that cripples your other pastimes, and that you don't even particularly like to do. But you TOTALLY can! TOTALLY!

Tip: this is your cue for the 'I'm not saying you'll become the next...' line.
>>
>>28858255
I think talent just has to be synonymous to skill. This isn't going anywhere anyways.

>>28858311
>Tip: this is your cue for the 'I'm not saying you'll become the next...' line.
idk what this is, you're probably thinking of some other anons.

>Aha. YOU CAN become an artist, you just have to devote absurd amounts of time to something that gives no significant returns, that nobody likes either way, that cripples your other pastimes,
This wouldn't matter if you enjoyed it.

>and that you don't even particularly like to do.
So you're not motivated???

This sounds more like someone who really wants to do something but doesn't have the motivation to plan how he would do it.
He would just start somewhere. Discover he doesn't actually like it because he isn't immediately getting the result he wanted. and just flings whatever he's doing away.

I classmate was like this. When he gave up, he tried to persue other people to stop putting time in their hobbies and pasttimes.
>>
File: 1353555582598.jpg (51 KB, 770x547) Image search: [Google]
1353555582598.jpg
51 KB, 770x547
Select all images with pickup trucks
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.