[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>dad dies and left house in my name >mom marries new guy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 160
Thread images: 7
File: image.jpg (13 KB, 140x250) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
13 KB, 140x250
>dad dies and left house in my name
>mom marries new guy
>suddenly its his house

I just lost my own home.

Dad, im sorry. If only i wasnt so much of a coward
>>
>>28856527
if the house was in your name how does that work? Did you go full cuck and sign the deed over to your mother or something?
>>
File: 1447367256154.jpg (98 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1447367256154.jpg
98 KB, 500x500
>come from poor family
>work hard and build a life for myself
>buy a house
>marry a woman
>after the house is payed off my wife leaves me
>she gets the house in the divorce
>her, my son, and her new bf live in the house
>i live in the 2 room apartment because i cant afford anything better because of child support
>>
rofl that's bullshit

the next of kin is the wife 100% of the time when a husband dies, not the fucking kids.

its upto your mum to hand off the house to you, it doesn't just go to you.

fucking kids who are ignorant of the law get off my board reee
>>
File: 1435638021435.jpg (17 KB, 411x292) Image search: [Google]
1435638021435.jpg
17 KB, 411x292
what the hell did you do? you signed it over. fuuuck
>>
>>28856527
How is it his house if you own it?
Kick the cunts out. Your dad obviously put it in YOUR name for a reason.
>>
>>28856569

You better go murder that bitch, burn it down, or forever be a pussy.
>>
File: 1456348635481.gif (773 KB, 260x221) Image search: [Google]
1456348635481.gif
773 KB, 260x221
>>28856578

wow way to ruin the memes asshole
>>
>>28856578
Are you fucking stupid? OP clearly states his father left the house in his name, implying he had a will. If she failed to ensure the transfer of the deed to OP she violated her role a executor and OP could sue her for the entire estate plus damages if he wanted.
>>
>>28856569
How does she get the entire house? You should at least have some equity.
>>
>>28856563
>>28856579
OP didn't sign shit.

>OP's dad dies
>next of kin (HIS WIFE) gets all of his assets, regardless of what any WILL says, because the house would also be in her name.
>OP was probably going to get the house when his parents BOTH passed away
>OP's mum found a new guy and now they live in the house
>OP's mum marries new guy, now he is next of kin for OP's mums assets

OP literally has no legal right to anything.

I'm kind of lmaoing at your life, just a little bit. Maybe next time don't have such a typical whore'ish mum who can't handle being along and just HAS to get married again. Congrats, she fucked you REAL good, LOL.
>>
>>28856621
Actually, legally speaking its mine but that doesnt stop my mums now husband from acting like he owns ir while theres nothing i could do about it.

Mfw he even calls it 'his home'

Its only a matter of time now when i get kicked out of my own home. I can smell it.
>>
>>28856641
>legally speaking its mine

If that's true then you can get them kicked out instead
>>
>>28856641
Just fuck him up verbally. That shit belongs to you, tell him to get his broke ass out
>>
>>28856661
I dont know if they will even listen. And i dont think i have it in me.

So im cucked out
>>
>>28856609
>Are you fucking stupid? OP clearly states his father left the house in his name, implying he had a will.

IT DOESN'T WORK LIKE THAT, THIS ISN'T A FUCKING MOVIE.

When 1 person in a married relationship dies, the SURVIVING PERSON gets ALL OF THE ASSETS, regardless of what any will says.

You fucking dumb CUNTS.

>b-but he left it in his name

It doesn't mean shit.

How do I know this? My father left me and my siblings 100k each after he died. But he had married another women, and she get all of his assets. She DID NOT have to give us the 100k each, our lawyers warned us of this, and her lawyers even told her that she doesn't have to give us anything. In the end she gave us the money because "it was what her husband wanted" and she didn't want to neglect his decision.

But end of the day, she didn't have to do anything. She was next of kin because she was married to him when he died, the children don't get the assets, the remaining partner does, regardless of what the will says. It's literally up-to the surviving partner to decide whether they want to go ahead with it.

Go learn some fucking LAW before you post on here NEGROS!
>>
File: 1455211206095.jpg (63 KB, 550x448) Image search: [Google]
1455211206095.jpg
63 KB, 550x448
>>28856578
Not if his father specifically requests that his son will be the owner.

However this would require his parents not to be married (married people are counted as one person, not two, so they would both own it).
It would also require his fathers name on the house, as well as a written statement that his son should inherit it.

If it is actually your house, tell them to pack up and leave.
If they don't call the police, tell them this is your house and there are trespassers who are not willing to leave when told to.

Police will arrive, you'll show that you are the owner, police has to force them to leave.

Honestly?
How are you such a faggot?
I may have a hard time speaking to women, but if someone fucks with me, i fuck them back a hundredfold
>>
File: 1463021713382.jpg (33 KB, 360x273) Image search: [Google]
1463021713382.jpg
33 KB, 360x273
>>28856679
Damn if that is true why would any man get married ever
>>
>>28856527
Unless he willed you the house specifically and signed the deed over to you, it went to you mom and her bull.
>>
>>28856670
Nothing about this story adds up, I think you're just trying to make people rage with a creative writing exercise.
>>
>>28856687
>forgetting a comman at "If they don't call the police"
>should be "If they don't, call the police"
>i will kill myself now
>>
>>28856679
cool story broheim. you should become a tripfag "/r9k/ law expert"
>>
>>28856711
well this isnt what this thread is about. Im just venting about my situation. I Mean i would also appreciate advice though. But im mostly venting
>>
>>28856706
And even then, if you
Let her pay the taxes, pay the electricity bill, she's put down roots and it becomes a sticky situation. You've got to keep everything associated with the house IN YOUR NAME she can stay there, just paying you the cost of running the house, which you then pay to the government and utilities companies, all in YOUR NAME. It sounds like you're already fucked though.
>>
>>28856727
Hes a wannabe lawyer. He's trying to sound knowledgeable with his third rate anecdote exeprience.

Does he even practice law? Or is he just one of those people who goes "yea i know my stuff cos i read the legislation" like a loser
>>
>>28856611
have you been living under a rock? women get everything under family laws, men don't get shit
>>
>>28856687
You don't understand. For fuck sake.

1. His parents were married at the time of his fathers death (obviously)

2. Both his FATHER and MOTHER were on the DEED.

3. When his FATHER died, regardless of what the WILL said (I HIGHLY doubt the will would have said OP gets the house if he dies, and his mum gets nothing) Regardless of that, by law. The moment the father died, and the death certificate was certified, his mother would have automatically had ALL of their assets put into HER name only.

4. OP's MOTHER would now have her name on all the assets. The WILL does not matter because his MOTHER is still alive. Do you REALLY think the OP's father would have said "Everything goes to my son, my wife gets nothing"

Fuck off, OP's was scheduled to get his parents assets once they both died, but life didn't work out like that, OP's mum got married again, now her husband has become next of kin to those assets the moment they got legally married.

Sorry to say OP, but your mother fucked you real good. If she just stayed single for the rest of her life and never got married, sure, you'd end up getting the house when she dies...but now that's not even going to happen.

Be nice to your new step-father, maybe if you're enough of a good boy he might let you live with him if he out lives your mother.
>>
>>28856641
Time to sell it up, OP. Take the money and run
>>
>>28856765
I think he's just trying to sound smart with all the patronizing talk when in reality the only reason he knows anything about the subject matter is because it personally happened to him, giving him first hand experience.
The worst kind of person, really.
>>
So many kids in here, actually believing the house got transferred to OP's name.

Do you faggots even /law/ ? his parents were married when his father died. Therefore his MUM was on the DEED to the HOUSE. Do you honestly think the government would remove his mums name from the DEED after his father died to transfer it to OP???

You also realize it costs thousands of dollars to transfer a house right?

I cannot believe people here are stupid enough to think the house just gets transferred to the children, even when there's still a living wife remaining....you guys are clearly extremely ignorant of the law.
>>
>>28856703
>why would any man get married ever

To start a family. You'll understand when you grow up.
>>
I only know the legal system of every central European country.
If OP obtained the house via his fathers official will then he's in the books and got the deed.
If he's still underage her mother can technically rule over the house but she cannot sell it or use it as security.
In any case, the new guy has no say in all that and is basically OPs fuccboi.
Even if OPs mother has a right to live there, her BF or future husband does not.
If OP was not in his fathers will he's fucked and has no saying in any of this but theoretically has the right to receive a portion of his fathers dosh.
Depending on how desparate OPs mother is the whole situation could seriously backfire for him.
>>
>>28856791
I'm sorry, how will OP sell the house? His mothers name is on the deed, not his.
>>
>>28856679
but that's just wrong
>>
>>28856804
Hes obviously triggered by this thread. You can tell he's putting his heart and aoul into each of his posts.

Anyway op if you say the house is legally yours theres no reason to believe otherwise. Im going to assume you were present during the transfer of ownership or something like that.

The other guy is just fear mongering and imposing his own experience due to a personal agenda.

From what ive read it comes down to whether you have to balls to speak up. Trust me, they cant kick you out of your own home unless you let them kick you out
>>
>>28856820
>Thousands
>In the united states, the minimum is $1
>>
>>28856835
It depends.

OP's house would be in his mothers name since she was still married to the father when he died. That's just automatic, there's no debating that, it's just fact.

The question is......................since OP's mum got remarried.......did she keep deed in her name only? or did she add her new husband to the deed....

If OP's mum is still the only person on the DEED, then OP should be able to inherit the house if/when she dies. But...if OP's mum added her new husband to the deed.....(I assume she did, if he is now paying their mortgage) then OP is fucked LOL.
>>
>>28856786
Are you retarded? The will largely overruls kinship and only grants a fixed percentage to nearest relatives to prevent wills that spite relatives. He would inherit the house automatically if his mother died.
>>
>>28856679
Lol it doesn't work that way.
>>
>>28856835
Op here. Im 24 from Sweden
>>
>>28856786
If they both were on the deed on equal terms OP would inherit half a house from his father.
There's simply no way around that.
>>
>>28856679
You're thinking of "executor of his estate". She had control of his assets but if his will said you were getting money, you'd be able to take legal action if she didn't give it to you.
>>
>>28856786
Uh, both parents don't need to die for a will to take effect.
>>
>>28856946
You can't give someone something you don't fully own in a will though.
>>
>>28856786
OP should just become a little devil and sabotage the marriage, plant lipsticks, panties etc everywhere in the husbands belongings
he'll never be suspected of anything because he's just a quiet beta nerd and when mum initiates the divorce she gets the house back and maybe becomes less inclined to get married again
>>
>>28856908
here's what you need to answer

1. whose name is on the deed to the house (dont just fucking make shit up, dont just assume your name is on their unless you actually know for a 100% fact)

2. does your house still have a mortgage on it (this could explain why your mother remarried, ie: to help continue to make mortgage repayments) your mums new husband could be contributing to the repayments, if he is doing this, there's a very big chance your mother put her new husband on the deed (unless he is a giant cuck)
>>
>>28856820
There is no law that says both people would need to be on the deed.
>>
>>28856933
>take legal action
>win house
>hundreds of thousands of dollars in legal fees
>sell house to pay good goy lawyer fees

Nice.... Theres nothing op can do
>>
>>28856820
>le CAPITALIZING le SINGLE words
underage
>>
>>28856889
Uh, that's not "just automatic".
>>
>>28856972
You must not be aware of the new meme of capitalizing certain words.
>>
>>28856957
One person in a marriage can own a house.
>>
>mfw this thread
>turns into whether oe not thw house is ops

So much fucking jealousy here. Its obvious this is the agenda behind people's posts.
>>
>>28856966
He would also most likely be awarded legal fees. It's also a simple case, so it wouldn't cost a lot.
>>
>>28856975
If a husband dies, the wife will be the sole owner of the deed. This process is very fast and doesn't cost anything.

If the HUSBAND and WIFE both die, the process of transferring the house to the kid takes longer, and is much more costly.

Unless OP went into lawyers offices, signed witnessed documents, did all of that stuff...then he is NOT on the deed. You don't just magically get your name on a deed because the will said so. OP would have had to go into an office and sign lots of legal documents, and spoken to a lawyer and had him talk to him about it.

OP obviously hasn't done any of this, therefore it's safe to assume his name isn't on the deed.
>>
>live with mom and step-dad
>concerned that if my mom dies first, my step-dad will get the house, remarry, and I'll be fucked out of the house that I helped build (yes I helped build a fucking house)
>parents insist that the house will go to me
>offer to buy the house at 20% of its value, and let them live there rent-free, forever. Even if my mom dies first, I'll let my step-dad live there until he dies. He can even remarry and bring a new family into the house. idgaf. I just don't wanna get cucked out of my birthright. Parents get a load of money to spend, and get to live in their house as normal. And I get a guarantee that the house is mine. Everyone wins.
>everyone calls me a faggot. "WHY DO YOU EVEN THINK YOU DESERVE THE HOUSE? ITS NOT YOURS"
Look you fucking faggot, I know it's not my house, but EVERYONE ELSE gets inheritance, so I am at a huge disadvantage without an inheritance. Most people get a shitton of money, and because of that, most people are richer than me.

If we lived in a world without ANY inheritance, then I would earn a lot more money, as there would be less money in circulation. I would become effectively richer, today, if inheritance wasn't a thing. But because inheritance IS a thing, everyone else is getting free money except me, and that makes me poorer. Me not getting inheritance doesn't NOT make me rich, it makes me poor.

I don't want to be rich, but I am not gonna settle for being cucked into poverty.
>>
>>28856711
If it's not shitposting and you actually have legal ownership of the house (will trumps next of kin) then get the deed/will, show the police, and get them to come round and ask the people squatting/whatever in *your* place to fuck off/acknowledge it's your place and go from there.

Probably be better of getting the legal OK and telling your mom what your mindset is before you go full Cops.
>>
>>28857014
>he thinks the parents will just suddenly cough up the legal fees
>hundreds of thousands of dollars

Lmao... Who are you even shilling for faggot?
>>
>>28857024

For you to say "EVERYONE GETS INHERITANCE". That's just not true. The vast majority of people don't get anything.

Consider yourself lucky that you have any inheritance at all.
>>
>>28857049
This
Fucking this.

OP, just fucking do this you moron.
>>
>>28857049
The deed won't be in OP's name. He would have had to go to a lawyer in person and have had all those legal documents signed and witnessed for the transfer of the house to be put into his name.

If OP did any of that he wouldn't be here. So we can safely assume the deed is in his mums name.

The most OP could do is get the will (if he can even get it) and take it to a lawyer and show them where it says he should get the house.

We also have to remember the will has to clearly state that he (the son) gets the house. If it says something like "my wife gets it if shes still alive" then OP is fucked. Now do you really think OP's father would have left his mother with nothing and given his son the house over his own wife? C'mon bro, use common sense.
>>
>>28857080
Well i dont really want to kick them out. Its just that my stepdad has been acting like its his home and ive been getting shit for not anything with my life. He even suggested i move out to nurture independence.

I think hes serious
>>
>>28857116
Fuck that mongoloid. Just fucking do what >>28857049
said.
>>
>>28857116
read >>28857094

Did you goto a lawyer at all? did you get the legal documents signed to have the deed put into your name?

If you answer no to this, Y O U R E - F U C K E D

The most you can do is get the will, take it to a lawyer, tell them you were supposed to have the house put into your name. Your lawyer will send your mother notice, if she doesn't do it, then you can sue her.

Are you willing to sue your own mother to get what your dad wanted you to have? :^)
>>
>>28857137
OP doesn't have legal ownership of the house though LOL.

He wouldn't be making this thread if he did LOL.

If he calls the police they'll end up doing a check on house and once they realize his name isn't even on the deed they'll probably arrest him for autism LOL
>>
If it's actually your house, say that you're kicking them out. If they don't leave, murder them. Claim self defense. It's your fucking house. That's what I would do. Buy a gun you goddamned pussy.
>>
>>28857203
Op is from sweden
>>
>>28857159
I have the brain of a run-over dove LOL.
>>
>>28857159
Found the stepdad LOL
>>
File: hemmingway.png (123 KB, 195x272) Image search: [Google]
hemmingway.png
123 KB, 195x272
>>28857203
OP is posting on r9k and is a hopeless NEET. Do you honestly think he went through the process of having the deed put into his name? That would require him leaving his house, going to a law firm, discussing legal things with a lawyer, and paying some fee's and costs in order to have it transferred into his name. Do you honestly think a NEET is capable of any of that?
>>
>>28857274
get the ffuck out normie scum
>>
>>28857295
>ree normie scum reee

You spend all this time on image boards all day and can't even come up with a decent response?

I literally out-post you at the one and only thing you do all day?

LOL'd so hard.
>>
>>28857317
this posting style is so painfully normie
get out
>>
>>28857317
>LOL
I'm certain if you pinpoint the exact moment this abbreviated shit and emoticons became common and acceptable on 4chan again you'd find the exact moment the normie invasion started.
>>
>>28857274
Honestly, I'm the most socially inept loser I know, and even I would do everything in my power to get what is fucking mine, so yeah, I would have expected OP to do it as well.
>>
>>28856786
That only applies to tenancy in the entirety, where both spouses have whole ownership of the property and when one spouse dies, the surviving spouse assumes 100% ownership of the property.

if it were tenancy in common or joint tenancy is where each person has an undivided interest in the property and when they pass away, their interest is passed on by inheritance or by law (next of kin).

If OP's father had a tenancy in the entirety, he's out of luck unless his mother wills it to him. if it was a joint tenancy, then OP should tell his mother and stepfather that he wants to sell his half of he property and get them to buy it from them.
>>
>>28857050
Yeah thank is laws are just suggestions with zero repercussions for not following them. What shithole do you live in where that is true?
>>
>>28857414
Yes, but OP is 24 years old. I assume his parents were married for quarter century. Do you honestly think that his mothers name was never put on the deed?

This is why we need the full story. OP doesn't give enough details. I feel like OP knows he is shit out of luck and just wants to rant on here.

Also, what's the situation on the house? does it have a mortgage on it? is the new husband contributing to the mortgage (if there is one). These are question the OP has yet to answer.

I hope for OP's sake the house is paid off and there is no mortgage, because if his mothers new husband is contributing to a mortgage....yeah...I guarantee you he isn't doing that out of being a good guy.

For all we know, OP's mum could have got re-married based on the fact she needed someone to help pay the mortgage. This is why OP needs to be more clear with more details.
>>
>>28857442
>he's never sued anyone beyond small claims
>>
>>28857462
House not under mortgage
Parents never liked each other but didnt bother with divorce.
Dad died when i was 18
Been a neet since 17
>>
>>28857462
I agree that OP needs to provide more details. But length of marriage doesn't matter. If his parent purchased the house as a tenancy in common, his father's share could be his. Period. If it was a tenancy in the entirety, the only way he can get the house is if she puts it in her will.

You're right about the mortgage. If I was the stepfather and was paying the mortgage and realized OP legally owned half, I'd be looking to him to pay his share of the mortgage. That's one of the reasons I suggested he get them to buy him out.
>>
>>28857501
So find out how the deed reads. Not sure if Sweden has the same tenancy laws as the US but you should probably consult a property lawyer.
>>
>>28856621
>>28856679
Then what is the will for?
>>
>>28857501
Okay then. No mortgage is good.

Now what happened when your father died. Did you go into a lawyers office and witness documents and have them signed? If not, your mother simply had the house placed solely in her own name.

>>28857541
>>28857625

Deeds don't just automatically go into a persons name without meeting with lawyers in person and having documents signed and witnessed.

OP would have been apart of all this when his father died 6 years ago for him to be actually be on the deed. If OP never went to a lawyer, signed the documents transferring the deed into his name.......guess what.....the deed isn't in his name. The lawyers just don't put the deed into your name because the will said so, without you being there in person, to sign documents and pay costs/fees to have it submitted into your name.

OP was a shut-in NEET teenager when his father died, do you really think he knew about any of this legal stuff? No...his mum just went in and put it all to her. Does this honestly surprise you? If you were a mother and had a NEET teenager son, would you actually put the house you live in into his name? lmao.
>>
>>28857673
>and pay costs/fees to have it submitted into your name
This jewery is an insult to any sense of dignity.
>>
>>28857673
Again, it all depends on how the deed reads. If it was a tenancy in common, OP could wait years before going to the lawyer's office and having his name put on the deed. There is no way his mother could get around that and put it solely in her name. A lawyer seeing it was in common would immediately ask where the other owner was. If by chance she was able to transfer it without a will being checked, it would be fraud.

But if it was a tenancy in the entirety, OP's mom doesn't have to do a thing. The house would legally be hers and she would only have to produce a death certificate if she wanted to sell or otherwise transfer her interest in the property.
>>
>>28857737
It's not that much.

I oversaw the transfer of a $2 million house in these last few weeks from a deceased married couple. The daughter getting the house paid about $2,500 in costs to have the deed placed into her name.

This is in Australia btw.
>>
>>28857791
What car(s) do you own?

Djdjd
>>
>>28857761
Yeah and I am willing to bet his parents names were both on the deed as owners.

The lawyers read the will, they will advise the client on what they should do. No lawyer with half a brain is going to just hand over the house to the mother if it clearly states that the house goes to the son. The lawyers would be risking their fucking career by doing that, that's a big no no. It would bite them in the ass if they did those things. Because they'd end up getting sued themselves.

OP's mum was clearly on the deed as owner, just as much as the father was, just like 99% of married couples. Let's not be autistic and STOP pretendind as if OP's dad was some super-wealthy rich controlling guy that refused to have his mothers name on the deed lol.
>>
>>28857864
>super-wealthy rich controlling guy that refused to have his mothers name on the deed lol.
Why would he have to be that to do such?
I am married, but I bought this house with my money, so I don't care, it will be on name only.
>>
>>28856670
OP we could always do it for you.
>>
>>28857896
Most people buy a house when they get married, because they have 2 incomes to support it.

You're a minority if you've bought a house by yourself.

Let's use some common sense here please.
>>
>>28857116
>He even suggested i move out to nurture independence.
WTF, kick this self-entitled piece of shit out and your cunt mother too.
>>
>>28857901
no homo?

Dhhdh
>>
>>28857864
>The lawyers would be risking their fucking career by doing that

Yea friend, the op is going to write an angry letter to the lawyer for incompetence. Ooooooo his career is really on the ropes now!!!!

Wake up. Theres nothing op can do about it even if the lawyer fucked up
>>
this is pretty fuckin simple, although it does depend on the state/country/shithole that op lives in. normally, if a house is owned by a married couple, and one dies, and they say "the house will go to my son", that will mean their share of the house, which means 50% of the house is now the son's. if it was wholly in the fathers name, which is possible but pretty rare outside the middle east, then the whole house would indeed go to the son. it really is that simple, and if that actually happened, then the son could literally sell the house out from under them and they would not be able to do shit about it but try to get lawyers involved and delay the inevitable.
>>
>>28857943
>op's parents paid all the bills for years
>op hasn't contributed a cent

I'm willing to bet OP's mothers new husband has contributed more financially to that house in the last month than OP has in 24 years.

If anything, OP is the self-entitled piece of shit, who should move out and make his own way instead of sitting back as a lazy NEET faggot waiting to inheritance a house, they he wont even be able to afford to maintain. What does OP think he will do with the house without a job? lmao.
>>
>>28857864
>super-wealthy rich controlling guy that refused to have his mothers name on the deed lol.

This right here shows your involvement with this thread was driven by something personal. You're triggered by this thread and its fucking obvious. What happened champ? Who hurt you?
>>
>>28858004
>NEET with zero life experience selling a house

My fucking sides are gone
>>
>>28858006
if i inhereted a house that i couldn't afford i'd rent it out fully furnished to businesspeople and shit and then just live in a little studio apartment.
>>
>>28858004
>if it was wholly in the fathers name, which is possible but pretty rare outside the middle east

Same thing applies to Australia at least. Just because youre married doesnt mean your wife's name is automatically on the deed
>>
>>28858029
thats what realtors are for, dumpass. people who don't have the knowledge/time/care to do the selling of a house. in general, if you went to a licensed realtor of a large, local, established real estate agency they won't screw you. it's not in their best interest to screw you.
>>
>>28858006
Ive been contributing my share of the bills since my dad died
>>
>>28858051
You're better off keeping the house to yourself and getting a part-time job to pay for utility bills/food.
>>
Aussie neet here.

If my dad wants to kick me out but my mum tells me to stay. Do i get kicked out or not?
>>
>>28856831
>you have to sign a retarded contract specifically biased against you in innumerable ways, or else it's impossible to live under the same roof and raise kids with someone
>>
>>28858134
If you're 18+ your dad can call the cops to come remove you. They don't need mummies permission.
>>
>>28858119
if we're talking about a fully paid for house, sure, but so many people are upside down on mortgage payments these days a part time job might not cut it. you could easily rent out the house, use the rent to maintain the house, and have the excess to live in perpetual neetdom. it's not like being a neet is expensive, and all of the business bullshit can be done online or via email these days. wouldn't even have to leave your goddamn bed except the one or two times you'd need to deal with a bank or lawyer while getting things established.
>>
>>28858150
But arent i a resident? thats like saying you kick out a rent free tenant. You cant do such a thing in such short notice right?
>>
>>28858166

>>28857501
>>28858116

Orinaleeeed
>share
>>
>>28858172
it depends on local laws, in the usa it can even come down to city/county laws. in my area, even if you didn't pay rent, after living in a place for a certain amount of time you count as a resident and would indeed need to be served a proper eviction notice with the legally required amount of time (usually two weeks notice). the legal idea being that if someone was tresspassing you wouldn't fuckin wait to call it.

you can't just decide a roomate is tresspassing one day and call the cops on them, it doesn't work like that and for good reason.
>>
>>28858219
And that's why OP needs to act fast and stop being a coward.
>>
>>28858138
you don't, but if you have kids, live together, and mingle your assets, if you don't get married then common law will basically do it for you.
>>
>>28858219
This. Lol @ ppl who get the instant boot out the door by their parents and simply accepting it.

You cant just call the police and cry trepassing. Its pretty embarrassing desu.

Also police only deals with criminal matters. Matters such as these are civil matters.

Free tip for you neets.
>>
>>28858116
You're 24 and said you've been NEET since 17.

How would you be contributing to the bills? By not showering? lmao.
>>
>>28858282
Yea

Hfgimhy
>>
>>28858273
"acting fast" isn't enough, the frame of time between visitor and resident is usually 30-90 days. if they're married, it's proobably already past that point. marriage also changes things. like i said, you can't just decide someone is tresspassing.

another thought, if op inherited his fathers half of the house, and his mother remarried, i believe that, unless there was a prenup that specified otherwise, the mother and stepfather would split the mothers 50%, making them 25% each, meaning that op would be the majority shareholder in the house. i'm not sure if that bestows any ~effective~ legal power, though. since i don't believe he could sell his share to anyone but another shareholder in the house. i dunno. it probably varies wildly by area.
>>
>>28856601
Not true if he was only one in dads will
>>
>>28858372
Either way, OP is fucked. Why? Because he doesn't have a job. I know for a 100% fact his mum and his step-dad are paying for the resources he uses.

OP has literally zero leverage here.......and it's all his own fault.

He can't even do anything because he'll be biting the hands that feed him.

The best thing he could do would be to get a job, move out, get financially stable on his own......and then send a notice to his mother/stepdad saying he wants his shit. This way, they have zero leverage over him.
>>
>>28858372
House is mine. I was there when the paperwork happened. My mum and little brother was next to me. Deed is only in my name
>>
>>28858428
If this is true, then you realize you can get them evicted...right?

But you wont do that, because they pay the bills and for your FOOD and INTERNET LOOOOOOOOOOOOL

This is why you need a job you faggot, so your mother and stepfather don't have leverage on you.
>>
Through various means, I was able to get 1/3rd ownership of a house in Tennessee because of how their laws work there.

Thing is, it's a great house, but my shitty aunt and shitty uncle are living in it and destroying it, but they're the other 2/3rds of the house.

I can't do anything without their approval to sell also, so I'm watching over 100k depreciate very rapidly without any ability to change the circumstances.

My only option would be to sell my portion to a bank, if they would even have it, for about 50% of the profits, which until I own it all would only be about 15k.

The land alone will be worth more than that eventually, but it's a shit circumstance.
>>
OP look at this
http://lawline.se/answers/15582
>>
>>28858472
>Hello,

>It is very true that the main rule is that surviving spouses / first takes over the entire heritage and the common children thus have to wait for the inheritance. This is evidenced by the Inheritance Code (AB) Chapter 3, 1-2. If you want the kids to get out heritage / share of the inheritance is already at your passing you by will bequeath your surviving spouse's inheritance rights. This means that your children would inherit you immediately upon your death.

>However, there is a limitation in AB 3 Chapter 1 2 which states that the surviving spouse may be entitled to part of the inheritance even if there is a will. This rule arises only if the surviving spouse has separate property or get property of the division of property amounting to 4 base amount. If the surviving spouse does not amount to 4 base amount, he is therefore entitled to receive part of the inheritance so that it comes up to that amount. 2012 is a base amount 44 000 SEK.

I told you guys, OP's mum got everything lol.
>>
>>28856735

This really doesn't add up. You are either a retard, or a women. You claim to legally have rights to the house, that means upon a written motion, signed and sealed to your local courthouse, you can have them evicted by four armed and dutiful officers of the law. You have all the property power, as you claim, yet somehow "waaaaaahh someone please cuddle me I'm so vulnerable" when that is clearly not true.

No fuck it, you are definitely a femanon.
>>
>>28858536
Nah, he is a NEET that relies on his mother and step-father for electricity, water, food etc. So he can't do anything about it.

If he wasn't a NEET he wouldn't be here bitching, he'd have had them evicted and be paying the bills himself. But ol'NEETY doesn't want to work so he has zero leverage.
>>
>>28858536
Theyre not trespassing you stupid fuck. Theyve lived there long enough to be considered residents. How many nerds did you bribe to get your law degree? Retard
>>
>>28857116

Then fucking tell them you know your legal rights regarding ownership of the house.

> wait for him to do violate your personal space or dignity
> tell him you dont like it and you want him to stop
> let him sperg out on you
> no fuck you! this is my house, my property and if you want to live here then you will fucking respect m or I will ask a judge to boot you the fuck out.
>>
>>28858560
I get neetbux. And i don't spend much so i can afford to pay my part of the bills. Havent bought new clothes for years
>>
>>28858605
>he thinks the op can ask the judge for anything
Does the op even know how to get to the courthouse?
>>
>>28858428
if that is the case then you can indeed sell the house and do indeed have THE POWER. i highly suggest going to the biggest law firm in your city and talking with a lawyer who specializes in inheretance/property/financials about such hypotheticals and whatnot. the biggest thing would be to never give the deed up no matter what and if anyone tries to get you to sign a paper or make a statement related to the property, in such case you 360 moonwalk the fuck out and lawyer up for help. remember, an actual big named established big city law firm, not some fucking saul goodman cuck you saw on the side of a bus or in a commercial.

>>28858420
your last point is the best option, yes, but that implies ascending from pure neetdom and donning a thin veil of normieness in order to do adult things in society.

>>28858467
you might wanna inquire with a property lawyer about this. if they are destroying the house and you don't even live there you might be able to legally assfuck them for causing depreciation. if all else fails, you can sit on that share of the property forever and whatever. property that is hooked up to city utilities only ever goes up in value on the long term barring hilarious circumstances (detroit suburbs), not giving a fuck and selling your share to a bank would be a top fuckin zoz way to fuck them over forever, though, and not have to care about it ever again.

>>28858472
>>28858530
this is swedish law you ssstupid fucks, and only applies if op is swedish. jesus christ.
>>
>>28858687
Why would op need to bother with a lawyer if the house is already his?
Is the world so complicated that you cant kick someone out without a lawyer? Then what the fuck are those parents kicking out their 18 year old kids out for?
>>
>>28858687
1/3rd owner here.

Considered just selling it off to not have to worry about it.

They've tried several times to rope me into having to pay for their failures.

I live several states away and when they fail to meet bills they attempt to get me to have to pay as well because my name's on the deed.

Well, technically it's not even on the deed. They know what would happen if they went through the legal avenues, which would be that they would have to sell the house to make it by, and for the past 3 years my aunt has been avoiding informing them that my grandma is dead.

The county systems down there don't do much at all unless it's brought to their attention, so as of right now it's still technically in a deceased persons name, and the power of attorney lies with my aunt.

If I bring this to the attention of the courts, I've been told it can all go very sour, and the shittiest bit is I didn't even know about any of this until 2 years in. They'd lied about the proceeds and kept me out of it, while I was dealing with my father's death and estate.

It's all a very strange situation and to make any actions against them would pit my entire extended family against me, though they'd do the same in my situation.

Very messy bullshit.
>>
Op here, hypothetically what job should i get? my highest qualification is shing high school. Or should i tEach myself programming or some computer based skill?
>>
>>28858583

Has acne grease leaked into your circuitry again? You have property rights and the ultimate say in who stays and who goes.

No, you are a lier and a little bitch. But probably just a femanon and that's why my post finally got to you.
>>
>>28858759
Its not trepassing you cant just call the cops and expect them to drag them outta the house.

Im not op and i made the last post
>>
>>28858716
>Why would op need to bother with a lawyer if the house is already his? Is the world so complicated that you cant kick someone out without a lawyer?

the lawyer has nothing to do with kicking them out, it's about advising him on financial options. however, it would help for finding out the 100% certain legally bulletproof method if he DID want to wave his deed-cock around for safety, which is very different from simply issuing an eviction notice, especially on family members, which indeed makes things way more complicated. family law is fucked up.

>Then what the fuck are those parents kicking out their 18 year old kids out for?

kicking out an adult, your kid or not, is generally not legal. you'd need to serve them an eviction notice, which is 2-4 weeks notice, depending on circumstances. in special circumstances it can be 24-48 hours but that's generally only if they've committed a misdemeanor or felony on the premises.

remember, the subtleties of everything i'm saying varies wildly depending on where the fuck you're at, but in general it will be something along these lines.
>>
>>28858687
He already said he's Swedish you burger fuck
>>
>>28858832
Whats stopping stepfather from tearing up his deed? Huh?
>>
>>28858750
Just get any job dude, if you don't have a mortgage and only need to pay house taxes or council rates for the house + utilities/bills.

You only need a good job to pay for a mortgage plus all that other stuff. So long as there's no mortgage you can just get any job and maintain it.
>>
>>28856527
when mother has a son the father is no longer the number one male in her life the son is but when mother starts fucking step dad the step dad now takes the number one spot
>>
>>28856527
wonder if step dad was the one that killed dad for mom?
>>
>>28858750
getting into a trade is usually a pretty solid choice and there are lots of trades that are actually fairly socially inept cripplingly autistic tard friendly. trades are designed to get people who are as smart as a box of rocks building skyscrapers and shit. theres plenty of resources online and probably a local trade school you can call up to ask for advice, they might even be able to give you suggestions based on interests you have or skills you already have.

getting into shit like programming as a career is super risky with how perpetually fucked up the market is.

working a trade you can make a honest living with good pay and in turn use that good pay to finance your secret tism hobbies or investing in tendies on the futures market.

or, you can just get part time jobs doing random shit and being a random shitter, just another fag who throws boxes around on the midnight shift at the big box store with ear buds jammed in and hoodie pulled up tight.
>>
>>28858861
fact that this isn't the fucking middle ages or a third world shithole where you can just do that kind of thing alone is enough, much less the legal papertrail that has already been established with the transfer of the deed to the op, with very likely copies of the deed in various places. besides, critical documents like those should REALLY be kept in something like a safe deposit box, even the kind you can get with a free goddamn checking account is more than enough to keep all your original documents in.
>>
>>28858955
Lmao...did we foeget op is a neet house hermit?

If op learns programming he can just work from home and be the hermit he has always been. A trade is pretty much asking op to do a 180.
>>
>>28858835
ah, good lookin' out, didn't see that post. but yeah all the more reason to talk to a property lawyer about it if there's any question of ownership.
>>
>>28859002
So nothing is stopping it from happening aside from
>hurrr we're in a 3rd world shithole

People dont work like that, just because the law says you arent allowed to kill ppl doesnt mean people dont kill people.
>>
>>28859022
making a living wage programming from home without already having mastered at least a couple big languages (10+ years of experience) is a long goddamn shot. like someone who never played football in their lives going for nfl tryouts. even longer of a shot than getting into a trade. there are tons of quasi-robots in trades, you can do something like be a machinist and do nothing but hover around lathes and shit and other machinists who generally interact like esoteric hermit wizards.

or be a welder and spend all your time looking at electric arcs through a helmet and trying to get dat perfect stack of nickels, which is very tism soothing.

it's not doing a 180 at all, it's just refocusing your tism 45 degrees.

there's tons of shit that isn't being a highrise construction worker.

anyways i've had enough captchas for now so i am gonna wallow in my own filth for a while, good luck.
>>
>>28858739
yeah, that's fucked. like i said, family law is fucked. it's hard to say what i'd do in your situation, but from what you've said, just selling it off and saying fuck it just to wash your hands of the bullshit and not have to stress about it feels like a very attractive option, consider: how much money have you put into that house, any? selling it for whatever is profit, if none.

>>28859051
0/10

ok going to wallow 4 reals now

good luck op, i'd really ask a credible lawyer for options if i were you instead of the internet.
>>
>>28859216
>dismissing a facet of reality that laws arent absolute.

Yea stay delusional law junkie. A guy can murder you 20 times over before the police can even show up.
>>
>>28857060
>For you to say "EVERYONE GETS INHERITANCE". That's just not true. The vast majority of people don't get anything.
Not what I've seen. Most people get at least something.

If I had siblings it would be easier. Instead, should my mom die, it is basically me vs my step-dad. And I won't get shit.

But if I had, say, 3 siblings, there would be 4 of us trying to get that money.

So it's all or nothing for me. Either I get everything my parents have, or I get fuck all.
>>
>>28856527
Sounds like your parents had joint tenancy of the house. When your dad kicked, he may have left his portion of the house to you (his ownership) via a will or whatever, but that would really only work without a mess if: a)your mom kicks the bucket, b)didn't remarry, c)AND left her ownership to you via will.

When your dad died his ownership part went 100% to your mom, the living owner. When mom remarried the house became part of community property which is why your new daddy has ownership of the house too.
>>
>>28857060
>most people don't get anything
you retarded? where do you think money goes when people die? the bin?
>>
>>28860129
Most people reverse mortgage their homes in retirement to go on holidays. By the time the people die, the banks take ownership of the house and take all the money they're owed, the remainder (if there is any) goes to the next of kin.

To give you an example.

My grandparents on my mothers side, have a house worth $1.5million, they own it 100% and my parents will be getting all of that.

My grandparents on my fathers side, have reverse mortgaged their home to pay for a new car (grandfather wanted a sports car) and they've been going on overseas holidays every year. Their home is worth around 2 million dollars (which they once owed 100%) and so far they've reversed 600k from the bank. So now when they pass away, the banks going to get so far, at least 600k from the sale of that property. If they keep this up, by the time they die, they'll not even owe their house, it'll be all the banks, and my parents wont get anything from it.
>>
>>28857791
that's 2500 bucks to get what's yours already

that's highway robbery you fucking jew
>>
>>28861664
Actually, about $1500-2000 goes to the government, for them to process the transfer.
>>
>>28858825

That's not the point you calcified turd. He can still have them removed and that is power. Not to mention if they become hostile, then they can b kicked off the property if he files a police report.
>>
>>28861692
wherever it goes, it's theft
>>
>>28857024
Are you serious, mate? Most people die broke. Those who don't tend to also use their wealh to stay alive longer, so they don't die before their 90s, which makes the kids in their 60s. At that point even the kids are retiring, it's not the inheritance that will make or break their life unless they fucked up.
>>
>>28856578
>>28856621
>>28856679
>>28856786
>>28856820
>>28856889
>>28857018
>>28857060
>>28857274
I can't keep reading this thread thanks to this guy

Fucking pathetic how he keeps trying to convince random people online about something he has no idea about
Thread replies: 160
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.