[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I think the problem with you robots is that you've never
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 133
Thread images: 20
File: entitled-child2.jpg (180 KB, 654x327) Image search: [Google]
entitled-child2.jpg
180 KB, 654x327
I think the problem with you robots is that you've never experienced anything which is ACTUALLY painful and traumatic, so you have no context for the very minor inconveniences which plague you. From your perspective, ">tfw no gf" and "I can't afford every game released on Steam" are agonizing existential crises because you've been coddled and insulated from the real world all your life.

Your parents are doing you any favours, robots. You need to start exposing yourself to REAL pain, fear, and crisis so that you can appreciate how small and insignificant your robot problems really are.
>>
>>28856294
>he thinks the meme >twf no gf is not the last hope of joy for real robots

let me tell you dipshit why you are wrong and why you are a fucking faggot.

you think robots have never felt any REAL pain.

They probably were never physically harmed, like shunned from society with fists and kicks.
They probably never received physical hits on their nose, eyes, mouth and weren't pushed from place to place.

Nobody ever told them they are ugly, disgusting, not funny, weird, creepy, will die alone, should kill themselves.

They have never seen people die infront of them, or had to kill someone because they were ordered to.

They have never had to struggle for food, or for a living place.

They never had to achieve anything because they receive everything.

JUST BECAUSE FUCKING NORMALFAGS COME HERE CLAIMING TO BE ROBOTS AND UNDERAGE NIGGER COME HERE TO CLAIM TO BE ROBOTS, DOESN'T MEAN THAT THOSE VOCAL CUNTS ARE ROBOTS!

Real robots have gone through shit you fucking idiot couldn't even imagine and that is why they think certain things are normal which brands them autistic. THE ONLY REASON WHY THEY ARE BRANDED AUTISTIC IS BECAUSE YOU NORMALFAGS CAN'T VIEW SHIT IN THEIR PERSPECTIVE!

And than you come here stating that robots don't have traumas.

Well I wish you would there to sleep near me when I am in an depressed state. I probably wouldn't choke you to your dead or anything.
>>
Minor inconveniences and minor confrontations from hundreds of different people over the course of your life does take a toll on the mind and self-esteem.

It's why most people are here. Their experience out and about in society was full of negativity.

It's hard to want to participate in society when you have nothing but disdain for the majority of it.
>>
>>28856400
Boo hoo, you feel sad once in a while, so clearly you're more traumatized than a Buchenwald survivor. Grow a pair, you fucking Millennial pussy.
>>
>>28856402
That's exactly what I was talking about. Robots think their lives are horrible because they've never experienced anything. They're shielded from real trauma by helicopter parents who have infantilized them, so even the minor annoyances of simply existing on Planet Earth become massive traumatic existential crises for robots.
>>
>>28856294
>I think the problem with you robots is that you've never experienced anything which is ACTUALLY painful and traumatic
I was emotionally and physically abused growing up by my parents, family, and family friends. Then I was brutally bullied through middle school and became socially isolated. Fuck you, I know pain.
>>
>>28856700
I survived Buchenwald tho
>>
>>28856700
>sad once in a while

as stated above, if you are such a man. sleep near me one time.
>>
>because you've been coddled and insulated from the real world all your life.
I think it's the opposite. Robots have been screwed over so many times they've become hypersensitive to the slightest pain.
>>
>>28856740
>I know pain
Hahaha, no, you don't. Some people said mean things to mommy's little snookums and now your wittle feelings are all hurt. Being ass-blasted is not "pain," you precious little snowflake, you. But then, that's exactly my point: you have no idea what REAL pain is like, so #whitepeopleproblems seem like Shakespearian tragedy to you.
>>
>>28856294
> tfw no gf isn't a real feel

Literally always someone who has had multiple gfs who spouts shit like this

Humans who are lonely literally do not function correctly
>>
>>28856294
>Projecting this hard

I didn't even need to read passed your first sentence, OP.
You have no idea what we've been through, and your ignorance and generalizing us won't make you any wiser.

How about you feel something incredibly painful? Drink drain-o
>>
>>28856798
You know how I know that's not true? Because people who know true pain and suffering rise to the challenge. Human beings shine when things are at their worst and they're forced to struggle for survival. It's when things are easy and effortless that people become snotty, entitled little snowflakes like you see in r9k.
>>
>>28856923
Survivorship bias sums up your entire viewpoint
>>
>>28856923
>hasn't gone through literal hell

yeah, you haven't witnessed or have done fucked up shit ever in your life.

the only entitled little cunt here is you.
>>
>>28856923
>Because people who know true pain and suffering rise to the challenge.
Usually they end up all messed up and suffer PTSD spending the rest of their life yelling at the TV.
>>
>>28856294
I believe the problem is called white millennial disorder
>>
>>28856294
I got my throat sliced open by a piece of jagged metal when I was three. Fuck yourself.
>>
File: 1462333632555.jpg (139 KB, 1024x942) Image search: [Google]
1462333632555.jpg
139 KB, 1024x942
>>28856294
I've had surgery on my biliary tree and was nauseous for 10 months after, for some unknown reason. Not quite sure why the doctor proposed the surgery in the first place, as my liver enzymes could have pointed to a vast array of conditions. Anyway, I was misreble and never comfortable, woke up most morning dry heaving. Its hard to enjoy your life when you cannot meet a basic need, like eating. Following those months, I let myself become depressed and anxious about the condition returning. Went from 190 pounds to 160, with a BMI of under 20. But I started feeling better a year later, nausea subsidded, I could eat with ease, and now i don't want to kill myself/others. Being in that kind of distress and discomfort warped my once healthy mind into a scattered mess, and although I was in pain, Its still my own fault for letting myself sink so low mentally. But now I'm on medication that helps with the occasional billiary flare ups and i feel much better about all things now. I think a lot of people suffer from depression/anxiety on here, but I was lucky enough to know exactly why I was suffering.
>>
File: 1NXnG1.jpg (90 KB, 638x960) Image search: [Google]
1NXnG1.jpg
90 KB, 638x960
>>28857084
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLpE1Pa8vvI
>>
File: image.jpg (7 KB, 150x144) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
7 KB, 150x144
THERE R STARVING AFRICANS OUT THERE SO U CANT B SAD OR ANYTHING XDDD!!!1!!!
>>
>an entire generation of humans have never experienced true suffering
wow this is terrible!!!
>>
>>28857124
I blame the rise in estrogens in our foods.
>>
>>28857105
You do realize that you had a minor health problem of a sort and severity experienced by *hundreds of millions* of people, right? This is what I mean. You take these small bumps in the road people with REAL problems hardly even notice, and you turn them into the defining characteristic of your life, simply because you've never had to face any other challenges.
>>
>>28857124
I get the point of the image but are we really going to pretend that anyone in the war actually wanted to be there if given the choice?
>>
>>28857167
When you grow up at a time when you're expected to sort problems in the schoolyard out on your own, with your fists, picking up a gun and shooting some Nazis isn't a big deal. Today we're raising prissy little hothouse flowers who filt at the first sign of actual risk.
>>
File: 1454215675607.png (228 KB, 400x514) Image search: [Google]
1454215675607.png
228 KB, 400x514
>>28856294
>it's another "ur jsut spoilt" episode
>>
>>28857162
I think over a year would qualify as chronic, no? Regardless I was hospitalized twice for it, the second time was when I underwent the surgery. I still get oxycodone for it, although I don't take it anymore. Stop trying to devalue others experiences, life is purely subjective.
>>
>>28857259
The American black community is raised with such manly ideals and it hadn't done them any good
>>
>>28857162
Also I still dont know what was wrong. I was told it's "billiary disconesia" but that's really a vague umbrella term. I appreciate your input though, thank you.
>>
>>28857302
It hasn't? The best thing about black America is that they aren't fucking white.
>>
>>28856775
eewwwwwwwwwwww gay.
>>
>>28857259
>Today we're raising prissy little hothouse flowers who filt at the first sign of actual risk.
Then why blame the kids when it's the parents fault? Modern society has failed young men.
>>
>>28857373
Sure, we can blame parents for not embracing kalos kagathos, but the refusal to take responsibility for their own lives is part of what makes Millennials so weak and irritating. Look at r9k, and how these whiny little entitled cunts spend every waking hour in here complaining about how hard their easy-mode lives are.
>>
>>28857420
Its not the parents or the kids fault, the truth lies somewhere in between. I do agree with you, everyone in my generation wants to be a victim and although it can be mildly irritating at times, why do you care? You should focus on yourself and your problems. Let's not forget you are posting on r9k as well.
>>
if any of you would put in this much effort you would no longer be a sad robot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8svuSIYQu74
>>
>>28856294
I agree with you OP, comfort breeds weakness.
>>
File: 1433329942414.png (80 KB, 590x427) Image search: [Google]
1433329942414.png
80 KB, 590x427
>>28857420
Why are you even on here if you hate the users? Do you go to worldstar and complain about niggers? Do you go to facebook or twitter and complain about faggots? No? Then why come to /r9k/ and complain about losers?

>Man I hate all you whiny retards so I'm going to act like a bitchy, whiny retard and complain about how much I hate all you little bitchy, whiny retards

Also
>Today we're raising prissy little hothouse flowers who filt at the first sign of actual risk.
>Sure, we can blame parents for not embracing kalos kagathos, but the refusal to take responsibility for their own lives is part of what makes Millennials so weak and irritating.

Make up your mind you senile old cunt, you say it's the parents fault for raising them that way, then you say that it's not the parents fault, but their children's fault for not acting opposite to the way they were raised.
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Learned_helplessness

read and learn robots
>>
>>28856294
Nobody in the developed world experiences real crisis. Having student debt is a joke compared with what real crisis looks like
>>
>>28856294
It's exactly this, being sheltered. I have a friend who's a total female robot. She quit her job at the grocery store because it was "too stressful", then quit another one at a sit-down office job after the first day because it was "too far" (20 mins away). So she sits on her ass in an apartment paid for by her dad, driving a car paid for by her dad, and refuses to work.

Meanwhile I learned through lifting that struggle equals progress. I learned through fighting hat fear is pointless. I learned through socializing that rejection is common and not to be dwelled on. Etc, these are life lessons you all want to avoid. You're permachildren.
>>
File: xLg3ta8.png (668 KB, 860x770) Image search: [Google]
xLg3ta8.png
668 KB, 860x770
>this fucking projection bait

I've died before of a heart infection that was extremely painful and had to be revived with a defib unit. I've always been rejected by my peers and used to get beat up a couple times a week.

But I've never felt real pain, of course.
>>
>>28857420
>Look at r9k, and how these whiny little entitled cunts spend every waking hour in here complaining about how hard their easy-mode lives are.
The average 20 year old man from the 50s couldn't survive in this era. Our food is filled with chemical shit, jobs are some sort of religious institution, women are cold hearted mean bitches who fuck the top 20% of men and have no maternal drive to get married and have children. Men aren't even friends anymore, men would rather earn money or spend time with their gfs. With bad food, no jobs, no friends, no money, no status and no female partner men become depressed and resort to posting on /r9k/. It's a perfectly natural, healthy response for a man to do. In the past men in our position would join monasteries or go out into the forest and live in a cave somewhere. You can't feasibly do that today. Society does not care about young men and what young men need but all you can do is victim blame.
>>
File: 1463885996681.jpg (24 KB, 500x371) Image search: [Google]
1463885996681.jpg
24 KB, 500x371
>been physically assaulted multiple times by bullies and by family members
>have had my trust raped by every type of relationship figure in my life
>i've never felt loved by either of my parents and that void will never be filled
>i'm the first born, my siblings hate me
>had a baby face most of my life so nobody took me seriously
>brother is 5" taller than me and matured faster
>got hit by a golf club by some nigger and permanently scared my face
>hardcore physically painful acne
>grow up and that baby face turned into a monster face
>bitch hips and gyno, literally nothing i can do about that
>recently my father got gunned down by some shitty stupid cops and I witnessed that.
>then they let his body rot in the sun so we couldn't even bury him properly
>now my mother is in my ear talking about how much money she's going to get and telling me that my father "wasn't that great of a guy"
>also telling me that she's moving out of the house that me and my father built together, something that she or my siblings appreciate at all
But ya know what? None of this shit is why I am who I am, except maybe the psychical deformities. I'm too much of an idiot to even register most of my experience as positive or negative. I am fundamentally flawed. I am incompatible with society at large. That's what a robot really is, someone who can't walk or talk the way society needs us to. So we simply don't participate because we can't.

>"haha being NEET isn't hard you whiny faggot"
No it's not. It isn't difficult or "traumatic" or "painful". It's the easiest thing in the fucking world. But I feel constant guilt for being who I am. It's not fun to be a burden, and I hate being trapped by my own insecurities and weaknesses.

Also that whole OP is projection. YOU were probably coddled and see that as inherent weakness. Normie scum
>>
>>28857725
>trust raped

tmblr pls go
>>
File: 1459992512339.png (191 KB, 410x409) Image search: [Google]
1459992512339.png
191 KB, 410x409
Alright, I see the point you're making. I also recognize that a lot of this is venting your frustration. Do you have a plan, something comprehensive that I'm going to be capable of putting into action as long as I exert a concerted effort?

Why expose yourself to pain, fear and crisis unless it's out of sheer necessity anyway? It might serve as a lesson, put your problems into perspective but it's not going to solve anything. I'm not sure I understand, is the realization that your problems are trivial trust me, I know they are supposed to cheer you up? Make you ashamed? Spur you into action?
>>
>>28857734
to be a buzzword it must be used as a buzzword

"raped" in that context is a common colloquialism. not everything related to your stupid internet drama
>>
>>28857773

sorry if i triggered you
>>
>>28857800
Go to bed, Sargon. You have a long day of battling feminists tomorrow
>>
>>28856923
>Because people who know true pain and suffering rise to the challenge.

Nice normalfag response there. You are lying through your teeth and using the "common sense" responses.
Just get out and stop bullshitting, you are unable to see a robot's viewpoint and understand their pain.
>>
>>28857820

wut r u talking bout
>>
>>28857523
She can't make up her mind when she's too busy making up stories and theories to fit her own agenda.
>>
>muh millenials
>MY GENERATION WAS THE BEST ONE ALL OTHER GENERATIONS SUCK XDDD

fucking boomers
>>
File: 1464185553863.png (100 KB, 243x304) Image search: [Google]
1464185553863.png
100 KB, 243x304
>le snowflake
>le entitled
>le millennials
>"real pain"
>"Boo hoo, you feel sad once in a while"
>"people who know true pain and suffering rise to the challenge"
>"whiny little entitled cunts"
t. Some who gets their worldview from the media they consume
>>
>>28856294

>sexually abused as a kid
>parents kept punishing me for the most trivial shit
>father kept telling me I'd achieve nothing in life through my whole childhood
>wanted to kill myself when I was like 12 y/o
>severe trust issues from this
>bullied in school by retarded kids because of that
>even more trust issues

Focused on school and my life is less shitty now. Still, I have given up hope on having a relationship, but that doesn't really bother me anymore. Honestly, having a gf/bf seems way too overrated.

I'm still quite frustrated that my childhood was hell and most of my teen years were also hell because of that. But there's no way to change the past, so I just move on.
Every time I see normal people though, there's something about them that I don't get. I have no idea how to interact with people like that. I simply cannot. No idea if it's because of my shitty early life or it's just how I was born.

Then idiots like you come along and tell me I was spoiled, I have no idea how the real world is and that I need to expose myself to "real pain"? Take your retarded opinion and stick it up your ass. Suffering doesn't make you a better or stronger person, it fucks you up for life.
>>
>>28857567
>quit her job at the grocery store
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sz0o9clVQu8
>>
>>28857556
Aaaand there we have the real face of white suburban r9k. Because YOU have never known anything but privilege, everyone else has the same privilege. No one knows hunger, no one sleeps under bridges, no one faces death and horror on a daily basis from sexually abusive family members because you hide in your bedroom, shielded from reality by mommy and daddy's money and a culture of infantilism.
>>
>>28856294
I was warned because I wanted to post a funny kim k pic here
>>
>>28858205
>tfw meeting someone in the psych ward who's entire family uses heroin, was beaten by her father, and tricked out by her own family members to get dope
Plus she has HIV. I miss her, she was one of the nicest people there.
>>
>>28857743
Stop living in fear. Get up off your knees. Take some risks. Stop worrying what people think of you, stop constantly thinking about all the terrible things which COULD happen -- and roll the fucking dice. Nothing worth having comes without risk, and the bigger the potential payoff, the bigger the risk.

Let me give you a practical example which might actually connect with you robots. There was a psych experiment in which researchers had test subjects approach random people on the street and ask, "Will you have sex with me?" You may have seen YouTube videos which reproduced the same experiment. The result of the experiment is that about 2% of women said 'yes'. If you had the balls to approach 50 women and ask them flat-out if they'd have sex with you, the odds say that at least one would say yes. Is it humiliating to have 49 people say, "What the hell? Get away from me you fucking pervert"? Sure. But the potential reward is giving up your v-card.
>>
>>28858291
That's been my experience too. The nicest, most compassionate people you'll ever meet are the ones who have gone through real pain and torment, who have learned stoic strength by being faced with hard choices and unwinnable situations. It's the little baby-men who have never known challenge who whine non-stop about hang-nails and ">tfw no gf" and sneer at everyone else's troubles.
>>
This, everyone here goes to escapism instead of trying to become happy, because trying brings the chance of pain, they'd rather a shitty lukewarm existence
>>
>>28856923
You watch too many movies or hear a few inspirational stories and think that's the norm when the reality is most people end up fucked up after going through traumatic things. That's the whole reason why people persevering in the face of struggle stories are so interesting to people because they fall out of the norm.
>>
File: 1459281344426.jpg (50 KB, 512x397) Image search: [Google]
1459281344426.jpg
50 KB, 512x397
>>28858308
>not linking said videos
Come on I want to see the videos
>>
>>28858528
No, I'm a person who has studied a lot of history and anthropology, and who has observed that it's the hard times, the times of struggle, strife, and terrible suffering which made our species shine. Without fail, it's the times of decadence which encourage the worst excesses of humanity.

"The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly; it is dearness only that gives everything its value. I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress and grow brave by reflection. 'Tis the business of little minds to shrink; but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death." -- Thomas Paine
>>
>>28856294
Nah, my brother went to jail for attempted rape when I was 10, which ended up triggering my clinical depression and arguably led to many of my behaviors in adolescence, like my perceived 'need' to have someone love me.
>>
>>28858570
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbPfW38F_5s
>>
>>28856400
This reads like a soapbox tumblr post
>>
>>28858308
What a great way to catch STDs.
>>
>best friend of ten years died
>had to fight off fried who betrayed me and locked me in an attic
>still feel general robot feels
Pervasive issues aren't necessarily smaller than tragic events, losing someone is fucking shattering but it only really occurs the once, they die, there's a funeral, you adjust.
But personal failings, like the inability to leave home or find someone who loves you are continuous issues.
>>
>>28856294
>Parents only married because I came outta nowhere
>Was beaten up everyday
>failed to suicide and almost went blind
>still dealing with fallout from the attempt
>can't look family in the eye
>feel like I'm living on borrowed time
>>
>>28861416
>muh feelings

So all your problems are about you being unable to control your own emotions, and the repercussions thereof. You set out to create all your own problems and succeeded. Perhaps it's time to take on some *real* problems so you don't feel the need to manufacture them?
>>
>>28856700
I don't care if you're trying to ruse me. Your negligence towards someone's feelings and something that's so important and scary to them is abhorrent.

Your prejudices aside, stop telling somebody how to feel. Just because hurt feelings are more intangible than being physically harmed doesn't mean it's not real.

>so clearly you're more traumatized than a Buchenwald survivor.
So because other people have gone through more pain than him it means that he doesn't deserve to feel bad.

Does he not deserve to feel happy because there are people happier than him?

>Grow a pair, you fucking Millennial pussy.
Go fuck yourself you stupid pigheaded child in the body of a wrinkly boomer.
>>
>>28862455
Words hurt, right my precious little poppet?
>>
>>28856799
Being completely divorced from human beings and not being treated like someone with feelings is one of the ugliest tragedies there is.

People can go through pain so long as there are people there to help them through it. Feeling no love from anyone and just existing to be used and discarded you may as well not even be alive.

I'm a soulless husk. I have no concept of empathy.

>so #whitepeopleproblems seem like Shakespearian tragedy to you.
I used the word "shakespearian" which isn't even a word guys do I sound smart yet

Also I'm going to imply that he's white and therefore he's had a great life because more white people are upper class and therefore he doesn't deserve to feel sad because I'm a 17 year old aspiring liberal arts student with strong opinions but no basic critical thinking skills to back any of it up

Fuck off.
>>
>>28862548
Are you so stupid you think that constitutes an argument or do you know you're just saying diatribe and you're being disingenuous?

I'm not disagreeing with you because "you hurt my feelings", I'm disagreeing with you because you're a stupid, obnoxious, blowhard with the mentality of a 12 year old.
>>
Life is purely subjective, as it was mentioned earlier. Just fuck off and let them succeed through their own failures and successes.
>>
>mental illness, isolation, and alienation from society don't have a profound negative impact on a person's life
Thank you for your input, Mr. Normie.
>>
File: 1462237965623.png (593 KB, 1879x989) Image search: [Google]
1462237965623.png
593 KB, 1879x989
BUT GUYZ THINK OF THE AFWIKANS :'(((
>>
>>28856294
>I grew up in a home where my parents hated each other but felt the need to stay together for my sake
>This caused my parents to beat me when arguments didn't go their way
>When I was 16 I told them they didn't need to stay together for me if this was causing so much trouble
>They divorced and kicked me out making me homeless at 16
>Around two weeks later I get picked up by a nice looking older woman who said I could live with her for free if I do choirs around the house.
>She ends up beating me and sexually molesting me every other night
>After 3 months of this she kicks me out and I get into a halfway house with my story
>They help me get my GED and I choose to try and become an EMT to get my life together
>Doing ride along with EMTs for class credit
>First call is us finding out a older woman died from breaking her hip crawling on the floor reaching for the phone
>I have to clean up her corpse
>Finally done with the ride along we are parked at a red light
>Car crashes into a truck in front of us and we rush in to help
>The car driver hit the truck so hard he exploded and I have to clean his brains off the street

So I quit after that and now I help drug addicts stop doing drugs unsuccessfully I might add.
>>
>>28862571
Beautifully fucking said. Also, one thing that always entertains me about how braindead normies constantly write off robot problems (due to lack of empathy) by saying "oh, you're just whining about first world white people problems." The ironic thing is, there are plenty of people in third-world countries with a wife, children, and community that accepts them instead of shunning them. In fact, men in third-world countries are often valued dramatically higher, a stark contrast to how 80% of males in the US are considered by women as unattractive (from the Okcupid study "Your Looks And Your Inbox.)
>>
>>28856294

>You need to start exposing yourself to REAL pain, fear, and crisis so that you can appreciate how small and insignificant your robot problems really are.

No person would willingly choose a bad thing.

anyways, that's fine and dandy! Guess I can just disregard my entire life and be happy!

>inb4 NEET neckbeard mama's boy.
>>
>>28856402
>>28856400
>>28856294

Which is why we should cut their neetbux and throw em in the street. He, that strives for food and fights not to starve, he has no time for luxury problems like "Muh anxiety disorder".
>>
>>28862839
It's human biology. We're wired to shame people with intangible emotional issues and tell them to "man up" and press forward with a stoic expression but the instant someone loses a leg or has some kind of physical wound it's all hands on deck trying to help them get back on their feet.

The people that say this are prejudiced idiots, they're just acting on instinct and they're nullifying a huge group of human beings' feelings and struggles in the process. This is the same prejudice that shuns people for being gay and dictates that women belong in the kitchen being dutiful housewives.
>>
>>28857259
>people who were in wars were never traumatized by it
>>
>>28857076

You see our grandfathers generation, who were in the fucking WORLD WAR do that?

No.
>>
File: 1463550071979s.jpg (7 KB, 250x241) Image search: [Google]
1463550071979s.jpg
7 KB, 250x241
>>28857567
>Meanwhile I learned through lifting
People who lift are the real vegans.
>>
>>28857259
Let me present a scenario to your pea brain:

How about we work towards a world where people neither have to fight in wars nor suffer emotional abuse?

Neither of those things are good. Your train of logic (there is none, I'm using that term loosely) is that other people have had worse lives so therefore anyone better off doesn't deserve to feel bad.
>>
File: 1427761936922.jpg (15 KB, 324x291) Image search: [Google]
1427761936922.jpg
15 KB, 324x291
>>28863006

Oh-ho-ho-hooooo-boy!

Looks like someone never had any vets in the family. Everyone is a different man, coming back from a war.

Back then, it just wasn't talked about. Period.

Anyone who served in my family, never ever told ONE story about it. No glorious tales of heroism. Just a grunt and proceed to ignore all other questions about it.
>>
>>28857567
Is your friend my sis?
>>
>>28863163
Actually I have. My grandfather was a Funker on the german side. My grandma helped rushing amunition to the Flaks. Both saw horrible things. Sometimes they talked about it, most of the time like your family not.

BUT THAT IS THE FUCKING POINT.

All horrible experiences did in the past was make people not want to talk about certain events. They still functioned though, worked, married, raised children, grandchildren ...

Now when "Oh, my dad hit me once" you stop working lock yourself up in your basment with your piss bottles, and go through 10 years of psychotherapy while bitching on the net how bad normies are to you.

Our grandparent generation didn't do that.

They manned up, faggot.
>>
>hear knock on the door one morning
>pale, creepy-looking guy with thin hair and a look like he's never left his basement at the door
>"Hello, I'm your new neighbor."
>oh boy
>"Well, I just moved into the neighborhood and I'm obligated to inform everyone..."
>*sigh
>"Im a registered..."
>I knew it...
>"vegan"
>>
>>28863314
Not that we didn't all already get the letters in the mail informing us.
>>
>>28863273
They also didnt have the form of escapism we had. They couldnt lock themselves in their room, have tendies delivered and watch furry porn all day. They would've been kicked out of the house.
>>
>>28863273

Your mistake is thinking I'm a little pussy who buckles at the first sign of pressure.

Yeah. people didn't talk about it.

They just got drunk one night and beat their wife half to death.

Or left their family in the middle of the night.

Or fucking shot a cop on the side of the road.

Good god man. You act like you have a clue, but you really don't.

It wasn't 'manning up.'

It was burying it as deep as you can and hoping for the best. Except for you, when modern people do it, I suppose it would be 'running away from your problems'

These people weren't half the stoics you make them out to be.
>>
>>28863348

>They would've been kicked out of the house.

Hence: >>28862951
Take away robots security, and they'll grow up healthier.

We should start doing that.
>>
>>28863273
lol sounds like literally nothing

Pussy war compared with Vietnam.
>>
>>28856294
>gets severely triggered by the mere existence of pathetic people
>calls other people's problems trivial
>>
>>28862571
>I used the word "shakespearian" which isn't even a word guys do I sound smart yet
are you retarded?

https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/Shakespearian
>>
>>28863490
>WWII
>Pussy war
>>
>>28863085
I concur, with the first sentence at least. I'd love to see it but it's so much easier said than done. It would first require widespread awareness, not to mention a load of people to champion the cause. Guess all I can do is my individual part, not inflicting emotional abuse if I can help it is a great place to start I suppose. Hell, I don't even really know what would need to be done to see it through but I do know I'd love to see it.

Someone who has traveled all over the world has told me that people in the third world are on average just as happy as first worlders though their problems are way more pressing, life threatening even. I think you're right with that, no matter "first world" the problem is it's significant to the person who has it. I don't like the idea of trivializing anyone's problems, they're problems regardless of how significant they are.
>>
File: 1452038517581s.jpg (3 KB, 125x125) Image search: [Google]
1452038517581s.jpg
3 KB, 125x125
>>28856294
>how small and insignificant your robot problems really are.
EVERYONE'S problems are small and insignificant. I know you take pride in "real" pride but that doesn't make you matter any more than you think it does
>>
>>28863273
>>28863433

Anyways, man. I got a little sharp with you there.

I think I know something we'll agree on, though.

What those previous generations did that was *good* for them (and gives them appearance of being stoics) was keep busy. There was always so much work to do, and engaging yourself in a real-world task leaves less time for idle thought.
>>
>>28863895
>I got a little sharp with you there.

An r9k user being respectful? O.o
First time ever.
Thanks. And peace to you.
>>
>>28863560
I come here to feel better about myself. I have actual life-threatening problems and seeing a bunch of overprivileged children bawwing about how terrible it is that their feelings got hurt makes me feel better about enduring my troubles with quiet, stoic dignity. Thanks, robots.
>>
>>28864022
Is your homosexuality a big part of your repressed feelings or are you out of the closet already?
>>
>>28863433
>burying it as deep as you can and hoping for the best
"Repression" is usually better known around here as "suck it up, buttercup," and I heartily endorse it. I'm a big fan of repression. I've endured more in my life than you can imagine, and I've kept it together by repressing everything. Do you pay a cost for it? Sure, like everything else in life. The benefit is that I can remain sane and functional. You should try it.
>>
>ITT: Edgelords are so entitled they feel they can, in their limited perception of the world, define what "true pain" is and is not and who exactly is experiencing it, arbitrarily deciding that all problems but the physical are nonexistent and everyone should repress their feelings because stoicism is cool and shit
>>
>>28862839
>en in third-world countries are often valued dramatically higher, a stark contrast to how 80% of males in the US are considered by women as unattractive (from the Okcupid study "Your Looks And Your Inbox.)
ffs. I don't agree with op but you're too fucking pathetic
>>
File: four-flyers.jpg (78 KB, 500x527) Image search: [Google]
four-flyers.jpg
78 KB, 500x527
>>28864210
In all honestly though I tend to do the same thing. I laugh at tumblr a lot and their "oh so deep tortured images" like darkistoolight and somewhere there's probably some 90 year old that sold apples on the side of the road at age 13 so he could afford to buy clothes and school supplies that's laughing at my existence and what I've been through.

I don't know let's just be good to eachother. Why does this board even exist if it's not helping anyone.
>>
There is no objective way to measure suffering. One can say to a first worlder be grateful at least you are not starving like people in other countries. However those starving people might say to each other be grateful at least you are not a slave like people in even worse countries.

It can always be worse but it doesn't mean your pain isn't important or real.
>>
Does slicing off part of my thumb as I was chopping veggies on a mandolin count. Now my right thumb looks un even compared to my left
>>
>>28862647

I don't know if this'll make you feel better or worse but the guy you're responding to is clearly baiting responses out of you. Don't take that the wrong way; what you wrote was pretty good, especially the part about newfags invading the board and self proclaiming themselves robots. Sometimes you need a baiter to express opinions that otherwise never would have been asked for. But if this person is making you feel pissed off because you think they're genuinely that stupid, you shouldn't feel mad because it's fake.
>>
Normalfags actually believe this shit, you didn't grow up as me and never saw life through my perspective so shut the fuck up normal.
>>
>>28857126
Good I hate when people say that, they probably get a lot of sex too.
>>
>>28857941
>he fell for the "there's only two generations in 70 years" meme
>>
I found my sister's dead body after she killed herself, and I've been homeless before.

If that's not real pain then I don't know what is.
>>
This entire thread just turned into deadpool giving reasons why his life is more fucked up than OP
>>
>>28865794
>oh a blewblewblew white tears :'((((

I'm joking, obviously. Mocking these cups that think it's okay to prejudge people because they're white and don't understand that's what racism is.
>>
>>28865798
>>28866025
This was for you
oragami
>>
>>28865798
I'm very sorry by the way
>>
>>28856294
>I think the problem with you
And I think that the reason the soviets wanted to land on the moon was so that they could paint Lenin's face on it and then sell cheese as a massive marketing campaign. Go fuck yourself.
>>
It's called perspective you fucking fagit.
A baby cries about everything because every discomfort is literally the worst thing that it has ever experienced in it's life. People cry about little things because most of the time they don't know what it's like to be abused, beaten, starving, etc etc but they know what it's like being alone, being an outsider, they know what it feels like when no one understands you. And for them it is the worst thing they ever experienced. Get the fuck out with your MUH PEOPLE IN AFRICA R STARVING YO meme shit. Just because someone somewhere is suffering from something else than you that does not make his suffering any less legit. Just go and off yourself, people like you are literally what's wrong with society, spoiled brat shit.
>>
>>28866517

Perspective doesn't mean shit. There are real people out in the world who spend their whole lives in slavery or just plain starve to death. I could chop off your right arm and you'd still be better off than millions of people on this planet.

You never have the right to complain, ever. You only have the right to improve yourself.
>>
>>28866662
>MUH PEOPLE R SUFFERING YO
Haven't had such a good laugh in ages thank you you spoiled piece of shit
>>
File: 1462909819762.png (319 KB, 491x373) Image search: [Google]
1462909819762.png
319 KB, 491x373
>>28866698
>you spoiled piece of shit
The moment you resort to insults I win the argument.
>>
>>28866025
Nah, they understand. It just doesn't fit into their limited world view that anyone but them and others like them can be a victim. See, if theres no one out there persecuting them, then they can't be a victim.

And if they aren't a victim then they have to accept responsibility and be an adult.
>>
>>28856294
I was born with PDD-NOS, although I suspect it to just be social anxiety, and therefore I am trying to get rid of it. I had no friends in primary school. Every morning we had to sit in a circle, and wherever I tried to take a seat I was told to fuck of. I hate the idea of bothering people, and I think that's why I listened to them. I always spent recess under a bench, looking around scared. Obviously my incompetent teacher didn't tell my parents. Nearly every day 3 guys who were a few years older than me forced me to show my penis (fucking faggots, I know). Stuff got way better, I still never had a gf, but I had some friends. Then my mom got a midlife crisis so she divorced my dad, who immediately tried to kill himself, after which my sister got even more involved with criminals and drugs dealers (Not even joking, the cops told us when she came home completely white and puking all over the place.) So here I am, trying to cure asthma, ADD, PDD-NOS (all of which are said to be incurable) while trying to support the two nervous wrecks I call mom and dad and trying to make sure my sister doesn't end up in jail.

I'm not saying I suffered much. I just think it's about average.

How do I expose myself to real pain, fear and crisis though OP?
>>
I was born a hunchback

>you've never experienced anything which is ACTUALLY painful and traumatic
just lol

if you suddenly become a hunchback you'd probably last maybe 3 or 4 hours at most before hanging yourself or jumping off a building.
>>
>>28866735
>caring about arguments
you really have some serious problems you need to sort out and if you haven't noticed I used insults in my original post so fuck off you faggot.
>>
File: smug.jpg (22 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
smug.jpg
22 KB, 300x300
>>28866810
>I used insults in my original post so fuck off you faggot
>>
My sister has gone through cancer since 2009
I went through highschool alone because my parents were constantly at the hospital
I ended up a social retard because I was so fucking stressed all the time that I never learned to properly socialise, I was honestly surprised when I got myself the few friends I had in Highschool
She's still in the recovery phase and I have to watch my little sister, who I love to bits, go through so much shit every day and it rips my heart in half. I hate seeing her go through this shit daily. That coupled with my self esteem issues and trust issues that come from not fitting in, and an emotionally abusive relationship which ended with me being falsely accused of sexual assault and cheated on 3 times mean that I'm never consistently happy.
And the one place I come to where people have similar experiences gets shit up with this.
Fuck off you prick. I get endless satisfaction knowing you're some overweight unloved shitfuck who feels the need to prove how great he is by coming on R9K and claiming that he has it worse than everybody else and that everybody is a pussy. Way to show you're own insecurities you sniveling little arsebandit, go back to your dark corner and mope about how you have it worse off than everybody else.
Whatever makes you feel better about yourself you utter waste of time and space.
>>
>>28856400
>Nobody ever told them they are ugly, disgusting, not funny, weird, creepy, will die alone, should kill themselves.
I want normies to leave
Thread replies: 133
Thread images: 20

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.