[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is your philosophy on life?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 140
Thread images: 22
File: 1461724081950.gif (10 KB, 741x862) Image search: [Google]
1461724081950.gif
10 KB, 741x862
What is your philosophy on life?
>>
Cash Grass or Ass
>>
memes demes or flemes
>>
semen demons and lemons
>>
Do nothing, anonymously slip through the cracks, let everything happen, be detached from want and fear, die a happy nobody.
>>
File: consider this.jpg (27 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
consider this.jpg
27 KB, 640x480
scones drones n' bones
>>
life is costly
you live to pay back what you've been given
to your family, friends, or society
once you've paid your debts you're free to stop living
i'm about done and it feels nice
>>
Kek check and wreck
>>
Lurk Jerk and Work
>>
height face and frame

origibee
>>
Life is but a mere supply of a few good fucks, then you die.
>>
>>28856162

My thinking always ends up with a focus on the divergence between natural life and the fictional "modern society" that has been created.

As humans we were in the world for millions of years - eating, sleeping and fucking. Now, all these modern societal rules have been conceived. Law, business, education, wages, ownership - it's all made up. Everyone else is caught up in this fiction - like ants with VR headsets. They hold huge importance to all these modern fictions and live their lives while under the illusion.

And taking a step back even further - reality is such a strange concept. We are living in a small flash of time on a small planet in an infinite universe. Our existence, in terms of aggregate human life, is minute in comparison to the grand scale of things.

Now, are you still worried about that exam? Are you still desperately sad over that girl?

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

With this kind of mindset, it is easy to fall into a nihilistic mindset. For me, I just feel like I see through everything - I can use this "fictional reality" to my advantage - but I also realise the unimportance of it all.
>>
>>28856162
>Wade through miles of shit for transient moments of happiness.
> Repeat until you die and are instantly literally nothing.
>>
>>28856385

wow u should rite a book
>>
lippers triggers and african americans
>>
>>28856385
Thats the exact same kind of thinking that keeps me aloof and apathetic when in fact i should be bawing my eyes out or shooting up a school seeing how big a fuck up i am
>>
File: image%3A226012.jpg (47 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
image%3A226012.jpg
47 KB, 640x480
>>28856385
Honestly all I ever wanted to do since grade school was eat have sex and sleep
>>
boobies noobies and scoobies
>>
life sucks then you die
>>
File: Max_stirner.jpg (10 KB, 200x237) Image search: [Google]
Max_stirner.jpg
10 KB, 200x237
Radical Egoism
>>
>>28856420

The real question I see is; in a life with no true meaning, should one live absolutely hedonistically?
>>
>>28856442
Sex in the natural world is now known as "rape".
>>
moot soot and doot doot
>>
Life has no real point to it. Everything you do will mean nothing once you're dead.

This triggers the normalfag
>>
>>28856162
Have fun at everyone's expense

went to a trump rally purely to laugh at the riot and piss off the mexicans protesting more by shouting "you have to go back"
>>
You should always strive to be the best you can be, and I only judge people by their merit.
>>
>>28856477
I don't think anyone "should" or "shouldn't".. what works for one person might not work for another

what helped me the most in conquering meaninglessness was aburdism - embracing it. reveling in the bullshit of daily life. and in terms of morality I just listen to my own intuition
>>
>>28856501
And yet it means everything while you're alive
>>
File: 1456348105777.jpg (84 KB, 634x490) Image search: [Google]
1456348105777.jpg
84 KB, 634x490
>>28856510

i admire your dedication to shitposting
>>
chips dips and diseased lips
>>
a roller coaster ride. It has its up and down, keep the seat belt on till the end of the ride.
>>
It doesn't matter how much you strive to be a good person and have a fulfilling life, you aren't entitled to anything. Ultimately nothing really matters
>>
streets shits and pajeets
>>
babies maybes and JB's
>>
PULL ON A CABLE, KILL A COW
>>
>>28856335
Amen to that braddah
>>
die soon
>>
>>28856341
Biggest wagecuck mentality I've ever seen
>>
File: 1464210251462.jpg (72 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
1464210251462.jpg
72 KB, 1024x768
Lots of guns Lots of sons
>>
There's enough assholes in this world, I don't need to be another.
>>
File: 1464183164781.png (283 KB, 570x417) Image search: [Google]
1464183164781.png
283 KB, 570x417
Memes, Crushed Dreams, and Steam
>>
>>28856162
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7HmltUWXgs
>>
>>28856162
My normie view on things:

Existence is an insignificant stretch of time crushed between two eternities, the one before my birth and the one after my death.
Life, consciousness, intelligence and technological civilization are all rare flukes in an unfathomably large, empty and uncaring universe.
I drew two conclusions from this that constitute the basis of the philosophy through which I navigate life :

- since there is no overarching, intrinsic meaning to anything I am free to create my own, to give value to what I see fit and to seek fulfillment in the process.
- my existence is objectively and utterly irrelevant and insignificant, that means its only value comes from my subjective experience and that gives it an all-redeeming quality: it is unique, singular, once it's gone it's forever, never to exist again, there will never in eons to come be another me. This makes my existence precious and place my well-being at the center of everything.

From that a few things seem natural :

- I try to be a decent person, because it appears logical to me that the contrary would be to actively diminish the well-being of others, which I think ought to be at the center of their world-view. I have no doubt assholes think along the same lines but discard their fellow man's feelings as irrelevant next to theirs, the difference with me is I don't find it morally/intellectually satisfying, hence diminishing my enjoyment, so I try to be decent.
- Pleasure is a great way to reach well-being and it comes in many forms (good conversation, lazing outside during a nice day, regular and varied sex, relationships, food, etc), so I seek it as long as it isn't at odds with my continued existence or that of others.
- Considering the origins of intelligence here and our biological nature, one can't ignore we're social animals, I know it's hard to hear for /r9k/, but you're never right alone and you can't go through life alone, we need each other for our well-being to be ensured.
>>
there is always a bigger nigger
>>
Life's a bitch and then you die
That's why we get high
'Cause you never know when you gonna go
>>
>>28856162
get on the trump train or get run over
>>
>>28856162
If it doesn't affect me I don't care. I just want to sit back as the world burns down on itself with a beer in my hand.
>>
Nothing really matters, but at the same time I don't want to fuck up too bad
>>
File: nigel.jpg (35 KB, 228x328) Image search: [Google]
nigel.jpg
35 KB, 228x328
Have Some Faffs n' Faps
Have Some Laffs With Chaps
Swap Tales With Ya Mates
Sip Ales With Ya Tates
Have A Few Shags
Smoke A Few Fags
Make A Few Quid
n' Get Off The Grid!!!

-- My late uncle Nigel's credo
R.I.P.
>>
>>28857246
I leik dis 1
>>
Nothing matters
>>
If you don't think you're doing everything wrong, you're not doing it right.
>>
>>28856335
Do everything, anonymously slip through the ranks, make everything happen, be detached from want and fear, die a happy nobody
>>
File: 1449955174740.jpg (54 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
1449955174740.jpg
54 KB, 800x800
I'm just trying to live life as comfy and as free of pain as possible.

Just get through everything smoothly, I wanna wanna get out of this ride as soon as I can.
>>
>>28856162
I do things on my own. I make no permanent connections or friendships. I don't care about what's going on other than that which directly affects me. I don't need anybody and I don't mind a little suffering.
>>
>>28856162
Keep going until God grants me my dreams
>>
My instincts will always work against my interest, and because of this, I will always be miserable.
>>
>>28856162
Hedonism and agnostic theism. Live life for pleasure and don't be too shitty of a person in case there is some kind of deity that cares about that morality shit.
>>
There is no free will therefore everything has already been decided for me so I can chill through life knowing that everything I do is right
>>
shits fucked
>>
>>28859057
t. fedora fan
>>
I deserve nothing, I wasted my life and everything is gonna get worse
>>
my friend got perm ip banned from 4chan. how do you change ur ip?

he's tried turning on and off his router, messing with ipconfig and ip4 adapter settings

nothing works
>>
>>28859193
More like utilitarianism then senpai
>>
>>28859253
>Derailing the thread with a stupid question
>>>/b/

Report the underage fags
>>
>>28856162
hedonism, appreciation of beauty
>>
Live in a state of perpetual happiness by indulging yourself with hobbies and multitask hobbies with work to stay forever happy.
>>
>>28856162

Bang crack snort acid drink piss eat shit smoke mecaslime do nossies ingest dmt plug darts drink speed eyedrop pingerz.

Essentially.
>>
>>28859274
pls. my friend can't stand the perpetual lurking. he must shitpost, he is austrlian. he will die before the start of june
>>
>>28859338
>>28859274

Thanks me later.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3611563/bypass-perma-4chan-ban-in-seconds.html
>>
Nihilistic hedonism.

Coke, booze and hookers with nice feet.
>>
If i dont get this job im going to kill myself, if i do im going to hate everyone who shat on me. FUCKKKKKKKKK
>>
Being strong is fundamental.
Strenght comes from the possibility of change.
I should always be able to change to adapt myself.
Life is difficult, but happy. People complain too much.
There is no reason for which i am alive. That means im free.
One has to differentiate between good and evil by himself. At the end, its always subjective. You should live by your own rules.
There is no hell or heaven, only nothingness after life. And thats great.
It is important to know oneself.
God doesnt care about you, but you should care about God.

There.
>>
>>28859319
thats sounds fucking mad brother, i think you are key
>>
File: 2352342.png (894 KB, 651x826) Image search: [Google]
2352342.png
894 KB, 651x826
>"I teach you the Ubermensch. Man is something that shall be overcome. What have you done to overcome him? [...] All beings so far have created something beyond themselves; and do you want to be the ebb of this great flood, and even go back to the beasts rather than overcome man? What is ape to man? A laughingstock or painful embarrassment. And man shall be that to Ubermensch: a laughingstock or painful embarrassment. You have made your way from worm to man, and much in you is still worm. Once you were apes, and even now, too, man is more ape than any ape...The Ubermensch is the meaning of the earth. Let your will say: the Ubermensch shall be the meaning of the earth... Man is a rope, tied between beast and Ubermensch - a rope over an abyss...what is great in man is that he is a bridge and not an end..."

just looking for a way to move towards that

just the idea of it invokes this weird feeling I cant really explain with words
>>
>>28856162

Humans themselves are just ants in a single colony, working for their entire lives until they die.
>>
File: 1447155642855.png (94 KB, 1435x478) Image search: [Google]
1447155642855.png
94 KB, 1435x478
Whatever philosophical ideology pic related is called.
>>
>>28859448
Yer or sumtimes wen u rely wunna GIT farkd up you chuck it all in a blender n shelve in up ya arse with a funnel

But you can only do that 365 days a year (excl. leap years) otherwize u get mad gout ayy, ask me missiz
>>
>>28859229
it's ok to be fedora as long as nobody notices. I dress normally and people just overlook me, so nobody knows.
>>
>philosophy on life
On a long enough timescale, nothing really matters
>>
>>28859483

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Absurdism

Am I right?
>>
>>28859546
Absurdism according to Camus is more of a "reaction" to the absurdity of existence. Camus calls it a rebellion. The pic I posted isn't about rebelling against the absurd as much as it's about embracing it with irony.
>>
I want it to end because it's pure suffering but I'm not strong enough to end it myself.
>>
le dark triad meme.
>>
>>28859569

There has to be a school of thought that covers embracing absurdity with irony.
>>
>>28859505
truuu cunt, im not good with the funnel tho, tips?
>>
>>28859586
There's a lot of us, go for a long walk tomorrow friend
>>
>>28859652
(cont)It may help you think clearer
>>
>>28859569
Yes it is about rebelling
The metaphor he uses is a rebellion against the status quo, most people would just enjoy the movie or watch the whole thing and then complain about it after. To embrace this "smugness" you have to rebel against the thought of being a normal person
>>
>>28859652
>>28859670
If it was that easy I wouldn't have been struggling with this for a decade.

10 years without a happy moment and I just can't end it because I'm a bitch.
>>
>>28859700
you could also try ketamine, its pretty legit
>>
>>28859685
I disagree, rebellion against the absurd, as it is described in absurdist literature, is not the same thing as putting yourself above it. While rebellion involves action, the metaphor used in the pic is more akin to non-action and passiveness.
>>
File: 1461737373847.jpg (83 KB, 622x757) Image search: [Google]
1461737373847.jpg
83 KB, 622x757
>>28856162
Life sucks and then you die

But seriously life is pointless. Even Chads and Staceys succumb to old age and die.
>>
>>28859621
Yer well cop this rite, in the interests of ham-reductiun the universal health tasksquad has inflamented a safe funnel zone in your local prefecture. So, in incest, its basically a joint where a fit nurse with a fez hat will plug ya up real nice and go to town on ya tract will a generous serving of your favourite pharmasuecals and illicits. I don't even go to culinary school without me .7-gauge numatic plunger handy
>>
>>28859733
it may give you the motivation to go for a long walk every day, then you might be proud of the progress youve made
>>
File: 1461201641222.jpg (13 KB, 601x601) Image search: [Google]
1461201641222.jpg
13 KB, 601x601
>>28856162
Resistance is futile , accept the pain.
>>
>>28859733
Bitcoins are too much of a pain to get now, but maybe I'll bite the bullet and meet up with some normalfag on local buttcoin again.
>>
>>28859771
thats the shit mate :))))
>>
File: I set my case on nothing.png (83 KB, 1027x402) Image search: [Google]
I set my case on nothing.png
83 KB, 1027x402
>>28856471
>tfw no radical Egoist gf to be my property
>>
Defeat evil.
Use my ideas to make life more interesting for everyone.
Walk with God and live in sainthood so that after my painstaking ideas come to fruition, I can be reborn into a more interesting world with more fun things to do.
>>
>>28859793
I used to be an egoist but then I realized that I was spooked by the idea of not being spooked, so I embraced spookiness.
>>
>>28859851
that's some spooky shit famalam, that's why I'm an Ancom who likes Stirner
>>
>>28859864
>that's some spooky shit famalam
Well, yeah, but I found it more rewarding to stop trying to escape the spooks rather than actively try to eradicate them. Stirner is right, but it changes fundamentally nothing to be an egoist. I agree with everything he says yet I've rejected the idea of consciously being a radical egoist.

>that's why I'm an Ancom
Ancom is not anarchism, though. It would inevitably require the use of coercive force in order to maintain itself, which goes against the most basic principles of anarchism.

Putting all opinions aside, it's obvious that an "anarcho"-communist society can't be achieved (just like ancap). The best answer is minarchism.
A true egoist would subscribe to the idea of illegalism, though.
>>
yoooo if you were going to slay ur le self this board would encourage it. wtf?
>>
For me, it is nihilism. I'm intelligent, nihilistic, and with a wicked sense of humor.
>>
>>28856162
Can get away with ignoring concepts like names by being familiar and falsely empowering people with my tone.

Never had expectations for life so there's no reason to despair over meaninglessness of this short period of human consciousness in the entropic system.

Pretty nihilistic. I hate hedonists who call themselves optimistic nihilists though.
>>
>>28856471
>>28859793
>>28859851
>>28859864
>>28859940
Life is too short to care about what is spook and what isn't.

Radical pragmatism is the only way.
>>
Nothing matters. Everyone dies eventually. I just want to be comfy. Don't give a shit about "reaching my potential" or "helping the world." I have nothing against anyone who does though. I just want to feel pleasure and minimize pain, until I die.
>>
Judgments, judgments of value about life, for it or against it, can in the end never be true: they have value only as symptoms, they are worthy of consideration only as symptoms; in themselves such judgments are meaningless. One must stretch out one's hands and attempt to grasp this amazing subtlety, that the value of life cannot be estimated. Not by the living, for they are an interested party, even a bone of contention, and not impartial judges; not by the dead, for a different reason.
>>
>>28860060
I, too, am a nihilist, for my superior intellect makes me perceive this absurd and cruel world of ours with an overpowering intensity. Good day to you, sir!
>>
you say you want meaning, but think about what "meaning" or "purpose" actually entails

wanna fuck off and play video games instead of stacking boxes in God's Ultimate Kingdom? too bad, you've got your fucking purpose and it's boxes

once you have meaning, you are enslaved to it, and everything else turns to ashes in your mouth. you're basically a bot.

divine meaning may or may not exist but my view is that it's fucking black magic and you should steer the fuck clear of anything that professes to recieve it, ESPECIALLY if they're legit, unless you want to end up getting fucking borged
>>
>>28856162
That everyone feels comfortable when they are following some well defined role. Deviation from a narrative results in nausea. There are roles we choose and those we feel are forced upon us. I'm still working on the last part.
>>
>>28860460
envelopment in a narrative results in horror
>>
>>28859441
>Life is difficult, but happy. People complain too much.

Tell that to a beaten child
>>
>>28856162

that is better to live in your imaginary world

Always to me beloved was this lonely hillside
And the hedgerow creeping over and always hiding
The distances, the horizon's furthest reaches.
But as I sit and gaze, there is an endless
Space still beyond, there is a more than mortal
Silence spread out to the last depth of peace,
Which in my thought I shape until my heart
Scarcely can hide a fear. And as the wind
Comes through the copses sighing to my ears,
The infinite silence and the passing voice
I must compare: remembering the seasons,
Quiet in dead eternity, and the present,
Living and sounding still. And into this
Immensity my thought sinks ever drowning,
And it is sweet to shipwreck in such a sea.
>>
File: Nietzsche-wikipedia.jpg (689 KB, 2033x1347) Image search: [Google]
Nietzsche-wikipedia.jpg
689 KB, 2033x1347
>>28860460
weak willed fag detected
>>
>>28860424
Thanks, m'good man. I tip my trilby to you.
>>
File: 1463470678154.jpg (23 KB, 452x469) Image search: [Google]
1463470678154.jpg
23 KB, 452x469
>Born
>Prolomg out of weakness
>Die by chance suicide
>>
>>28860584
>Prolomg

I think it's time to put the liqour down
>>
File: wojak-the-three-caballeros.jpg (41 KB, 505x204) Image search: [Google]
wojak-the-three-caballeros.jpg
41 KB, 505x204
That there is no life, there is only constant, slow, inevitable death. Everything else is an illusion.
>>
>>28860557
It's something I struggle against not strive to achieve.

>>28860472
The narrative gives people purpose. It allows them to view their actions as right and wrong from within the perspective of their narrative. People view events as having a beginning and an end, in reality there is no event just a point in a continuum of moments we call duration.
>>
None of this matters, but having a job is better than being homeless. Trying to make the best of what you got is better than crying, wishing for it to get better. No one cares, no one is going to save you. Only you can save you, and only you matter. Weakness is unforgivable. Ignorance is unforgivable. Laziness is unforgivable. Only you, can create the world you so desperately want.
>>
My outlook on life is "true neutral"
How is that in more philosophical terms?
>>
>>28860654
It's called being a pussy. Kys neutral scum.
>>
>>28860654
nihilism

original ramen
>>
Have no expectations and you'll never be disappointed
>>
>>28860673
>not being true neutral
that's fine, do what you want
>>28860675
But I don't think there's no point to existence or anything like that, I just don't care and go with whatever happens.
>>
File: 1456585134488.gif (879 KB, 245x230) Image search: [Google]
1456585134488.gif
879 KB, 245x230
None. Im trying to live the most average life I could so I can already die and be done with this bullshit called life
>>
File: schopie.jpg (781 KB, 617x800) Image search: [Google]
schopie.jpg
781 KB, 617x800
>>28856162
Everything sucks to various degrees except some art.
>>
>>28860689
>I don't think there's no point to existence or anything like that
that's distorted meme nihilism

>don't care and go with whatever happens
that's true nihilism
>>
>>28860725
>that's true nihilism
Really? All definitions I read are pretty much like this

>the rejection of all religious and moral principles, often in the belief that life is meaningless.
>synonyms: negativity, cynicism, pessimism;
>the belief that nothing in the world has a real existence.
>>
The only two things I care about in life are pussy and consciousness. Everything else is just a byproduct of getting more of both.
>>
>>28856385
I think the same sometimes.

And it gives me peace.
>>
>>28856902
Idk wtf is this, but it looks amazing
>>
>>28860753
what part of "meme" confuses you?

Nothing is inherent- Nihilism

Nothing is worth it- Meme Nihilism
>>
>>28856162
Aim for perfection, but appreciate every success.
>>
>>28860924
Well according to you, the "official" definitions of nihilism are just meme definitions?
Nietzschean nihilism is existentially pessimistic.
>>
File: 9kjRn0RF.png (559 KB, 498x497) Image search: [Google]
9kjRn0RF.png
559 KB, 498x497
there is no higher purpose, no heaven, no hell, no good or evil, no morality
everything is just protons, electrons and neutrons, floating in vacuum for millenia
everything can be understood through watching these protons, electrons and neutrons interact
these protons, electrons and neutrons are our whole world and we have to deal with it

basically nihilism + determinism + common sense
>>
>>28860994
>"official"
you even put quotations around it for me, thank you

>Nietzschean nihilism is existentially pessimistic.

His views were garnered around a mindset of finding positivity within futility
>>
>>28860994
>Nietzsche
>pessimistic
Ich lehre euch den Uebermenschen.
Thread replies: 140
Thread images: 22

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.