[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When are you justified in killing yourself? This years been absolute
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: 1463419792530.png (1 MB, 1242x2208) Image search: [Google]
1463419792530.png
1 MB, 1242x2208
When are you justified in killing yourself? This years been absolute shit and it looks like it can only get worse from here. For the last few weekd I've been debating downing a bottle of vodka abd hanging myself but i atill get gilmers of hope that maybe it will get batter. I see people living with much worse problems than me. I have a home and food but i still dont give a fuck and want to end this.
>>
>>28855581
>When are you justified in killing yourself?
I don't understand the question

Christianity always condemned suicide in order to encourage the followers to improve their life rather than succumbing to dispair
Romanticism and liberalism put an emphasis on human freedom and said suicide is beautifully tragic
With the advent of industrialism human life was considered a form of wealth because production force. This went to abolish death penalty in favor of jail (where prisioners could keep working forcibly instead of just die) and, as you can suppose, suicide wasn't very profitable for the society
In asian countries, specially Japan, the guilt of failure is completely imposed upon the individual, thus creating a culture that encourages suicide for the wrong deeds, although personally, maybe because of my religious beliefs, see it as futile due not fixing anything

Regardless

First, the amount of suffering is what's important, not your actual problems. This means that you shouldn't underestimate your own state of being just because others have it worst, because while they might be worse in the economic sense you seem to be worse in your depression, thus seek professional help without shame, mostly because your suicidal toughs already put you in a critical stage

Second, when you are depressed you tend to only fixate on the bad things that have transcended and ignore or underestimate the good things. When you say last year has been shit you are most likely incurring into this selective cognition and unconsciously reaffirming your missery. People don't like to feel bad, but people prefer to be right (as in, to prove that what you say and think is true)

I don't know anything about you, so try seeking professional help and considering that your own depression is twisting your reality
>>
>>28855815
I dont want help. Im not even depressed i just dont want to live anymore.
>>
>>28855815
>the guilt of failure is completely imposed upon the individual
sounds exactly like industrial western society
>>
>>28855967
so?
>>28855940
liar
>>
>>28855976
so asian countries aren't the evil oppressive shame societies you think they are
>>
>>28855581
>When are you justified in killing yourself?

As soon as you want to do it.

Self-determination is the very first human right. Your life, your decision. Heeding people's egoistic pleas of 'waah I want to have him around, I don't want him to kill himself' is exactly like heeding people's expectations that if someone is knowledgeable and funny, then he is obliged to go outside and entertain people on their whim when he wants to stay in his home.
>>
>>28855581
>maybe it will get batter

Yes, I think life is going to batter you all right.
>>
>>28856049
Thank you. Ill probaly end it sometime later this year. I just felt premtive guilt at how my familys going to be affetced. Despite the fact my parents are what caused this shit in the first place
>>
>>28855815

Your viewpoint is impressive anon. Might I ask what religion you subscribe to?
>>
>>28855940
>not depressed
>don't want to live anymore

pick one
>>
>>28855581
That mask looks like what an American ISIS soldier would wear to an execution.
>>
>>28856079
Dumb concept-conflating normie detected.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.