[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Omegle
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: this.png (6 KB, 415x105) Image search: [Google]
this.png
6 KB, 415x105
What can I write in the interests field to make a conversation in omegle:

All my convos are like this
>asl
>male
>stranger has disconnected
or like this
>asl
>female
>kik?
>i dont have one
>stranger has disconnected

Also, I'm autistic, so if you could give me some tips to make a conversation keep going, that would be great
>>
>>28854810
Tip: best conversations by far are with people who properly capitalize and punctuate.

Protip: if you don't do that, you're not nearly as autistic as you think and probably a normal.
>>
>>28854810
i've spoken to about 20 people with autism because i'm a support worker (they enjoy talking once they know a person 9 times out of 10 + it depends on the severity of their place on the spectrum) so this myth about autistic people having an inability to have conversation is so dumb

you are just bad at talking, you are not autistic, you may be on the spectrum but that has nothing to do with your shit attitude, you haven't always been like it - you are just a fucking loser PERIOD
>>
What are your hobbies? I always put them in. I get good hits for writing and art and I get good stuff for tabletop RPGs. I often start by asking people some question about their preferences related to whatever hobby we match on and I don't give out my asl.
>>
File: image.jpg (30 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
30 KB, 480x360
> Thinking you will ever find a female on omegle.
>Thinking there aren't hindered of thirsty males for one Bessy on omegle.
Top kek..
>>
I don't think Omegle is much of a place for talking to people anymore.
>>
>>28854863
It is, you just need to write a regex-based automated partner evaluation script.

if(poster greets you with capitalization and punctuation) if(the greeting wasn't a spam or a pasta) post(a polite line explaining that you are afk but you have received a wireless Bluetooth notification that a worthwhile partner has connected and you'll be online in a couple of seconds);
>>
>>28854895
>>28854863
Of course, for that, you need a small homehacked Bluetooth device capable of beeping and blinking predefined signals that you'd wear as a ring or something.)
>>
>>28854895
The problem is that it seems like 90% of the "people" on there are spambots, and at least 50% of the remaining 10% are pretty bad at conversation/under 15. It's a chore to wade through all of that just to find someone to talk to.
>>
>>28854909
(Apparently this is a thing already (?): http://smartyring.com/ .)

>>28854917
That's why the script could maintain a database of openers and auto-disconnect and keep reconnecting on those of certain length, which are presumably spam. And being severely underage/bad at conversation is filtered exceptionally well with capitalization/punctuation. Give it a chance.)
>>
File: image.jpg (107 KB, 534x820) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
107 KB, 534x820
>>28854810
You guys have been messing up omegle for me.

I could pretend to be chad but the creepy trump posters have scared away the latinas.
>>28854846
There are. Act alpha and it's easy.
>>
>>28854909
In fact, it made me think how hard it would be to just fix it permanently to a nerve and provoke sensations such as stinging, burning, tickling, and others. Of course, it would have a mechanical switch to disable non-emergency signalling when I'm asleep or relaxing.
>>
>>28855143
Then you would define the code, e.g.

>initial long burning: bad news
>initial long tickling: good news
>subsequent constant: about me
>subsequent intermittent: about important non-me things
>subsequent intermittent slowing-down: about nonimportant non-me things
>subsequent patterns specifying the subject of the action in a library classification fashion (relating to housing, health, the culture, the society, ...), the agent (who did it), the subject (to what), ...

I wonder just how specific and unambiguous it could get. It would basically be a language

personally|familially|socially(leader|subject.plural|singular, caused|wascaused, corporal|mental|circumstantial.increase|decrease, ...)
>>
>>28855319
Of course, there would also be the possibility to transmit raw Unicode sequences.
>>
>>28855400
Of course, English sounds would not be represented numerically, but sound changes would be expressed, e.g. the intensity of the signal would mean place of articulation (all those dental, palatal, ...), and a following short signal would signify being voiced.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.