[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Someone explain to me right now why I shouldn't join the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: 1461069570665.png (85 KB, 191x294) Image search: [Google]
1461069570665.png
85 KB, 191x294
Someone explain to me right now why I shouldn't join the military as an air traffic controller.

I'd get out of my mom's hair, be made to follow an easy structured routine, get the respect of my normie family, and then in six years get a cushy job making 120k a year.
>>
File: triggered.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
triggered.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
Somewan explain where is my wan wan
>>
>>28853427

pledging your life to the military-industrial complex is both immoral and stupid
>>
>>28853453
I don't care about immorality you fucking fedora.
Why is it stupid?
>>
>>28853453

As opposed to wasting your life in your mothers basement?
>>
>>28853427
>then in six years get a cushy job making 120k a year
How does this last part work exactly?
>>
>>28853484
Your military contract is six years.
Once you get out, the average air traffic controller makes $118,650 per year.
>>
>>28853427
Honestly I've considered dropping out of college pursuing my engineering degree to do that because I fucking hate college, but I'm too close at this point. If I had nothing else going on I would be at the recruiting place tomorrow morning first thing. I still may join as an officer after I graduate.
>>
Yeah the job that literally drives people into suicide, hard druga and alcoholism, for a robot...
>>
>>28853471

you really think you're the only one going for this kind of cushy spot? your realistic options for the military is getting a shitty boot-lick job where some general gets to gamble with your life, and the upside at the end of your tours can include ptsd, maiming and death. and you aren't any more employable.

if you're ready to do something crazy, do something else
>>
>>28853670
Anon, it sounds like you don't know anything about the enlistment process.

I don't know why on earth you'd be so bitter towards the military. You must be a yurocuck or something.
>>
>>28853427
> easy
>air traffic control
thats a stressful job anon , but go for it .
>>
>>28853453
only if you actually die for it

you're part of it in some form anyway unless you go full innawoods mode

>>28853602
a degree helps you immensely in the military you idiot
if you're already in school you should definitely finish first

>>28853670
not so much of a risk in the navy/air force
>>
>>28853607
>>28853722
I've been reading up about the stress and apparently it's mostly a normie myth. The much harder thing is tech school.
>>
>>28853427
>air traffic control
>easy
What makes you think that? From what I've heard it's a high stress job.
>>
>>28853810
Yeah, stress doesn't exist at all in the workplace. Go for it, man. It will be easiest thing in the world.
>>
>>28853448
H U S K Y
U
S
K
Y
>>
File: HUSKY.jpg (14 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
HUSKY.jpg
14 KB, 480x360
>>28854234

HUSKY NOW!!!!!

HUSKY HUSKY HUSKY!!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>28853453
is it any more immoral and stupid than leeching off of your parents and NEETing for the rest of your life though
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.