[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I'm going to a concert later tonight. Before r9k pounces,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 4
File: gasdga.jpg (49 KB, 640x426) Image search: [Google]
gasdga.jpg
49 KB, 640x426
So I'm going to a concert later tonight. Before r9k pounces, I'm going alone. I'm wondering if any other robots enjoy going to concerts alone as well.
What is your usual routine?
Ever had a great/bad experience by yourself?
Ever meet someone?
I've been to several shows by myself and rare talk to anyone else. When I was younger I would try to engage but would make a fool of myself. I'm 29 now and been going to shows by myself since around 19.
>>
r9k pls. am i just a normie?
>>
File: 1464315855088.jpg (78 KB, 600x900) Image search: [Google]
1464315855088.jpg
78 KB, 600x900
yes now wan wan
>>
>>28853376
I go to shows all the time. I dont even bother posting on FB if its something I know Ill enjoy. Something like Tiger Army Ill pound some beers beforehand but avoid the moshpit and just enjoy the show.
>>
I don't get why would you engage in conversation at a concert, i've been going alone to several concerts for many years, and I've never met anyone or engaged in conversation more than a couple of words. You are there to see the band, why would you care about talking to people?
>>
File: image.gif (253 KB, 384x192) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
253 KB, 384x192
True story

> go to see Talib Kweli amd Hi Tek alone
> get in line for bar
> guy in front of me is 6 something tall wearing a duster and leather fedora
> he leaves line to ask his companion what he wants
> comes back to line
> "you can have your spot back"
> line progresses
> he talks to the bartender
> turns around holding three drinks
> hands me one
> its a tesla (redbull and lemonade)
> "honesty will take you far in life"
> literally tips fedora
> disappears into the dark

Thank you indy, I wont forget this lesson
>>
File: 1367568240902.gif (194 KB, 250x141) Image search: [Google]
1367568240902.gif
194 KB, 250x141
Had a gay experience at a show once:

>band plays really heavy rock song I love
>middle of song has particularly intense vocals
>decide to yell along with him
>he leans over the crowd and we look up at him
>"this is cool, we're both into the son--"
>he gets really close to my face as we're both screaming mouths wide open
>our lips touch
>i recoil, completely bewildered, a few others chuckle

I don't remember anything else from that show. Was it rape?
>>
>>28853376
> What is your usual routine?
My usual routine is as follows:
> Show up
> enter venue
> check out the merch stand if I haven't already bought a superior bootleg T-shirt in the parking lot
> go to my seat
> have fun

When I leave, I'll buy a bootleg shirt if the design and price are right. If not, I'll just go home and get something to eat on the way.

> Ever had a great/bad experience by yourself?
I saw Black Sabbath in February and had a phenomenal time. I might see them again in September at the Hollywood Bowl.
I saw Iggy Pop in April and it was an amazing show even though it was an outdoor venue. Motherfucker's still got it.

> Ever meet someone?
Those two times mentioned above, I engaged in sporadic small talk with the person sitting next to me. Other than that, I never met anyone. I did see my co-worker at the Black Sabbath concert so that was cool.
>>
>>28853558
That's not why the majority of people go to concerts anymore, anon
>>
>>28853721

>redbull and lemonade

I would have thrown it in his fucking face and then fucked his companion.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.