[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw no qt gf who reads books besides trashy YA novels
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: Literary Girlfriend.png (51 KB, 1363x299) Image search: [Google]
Literary Girlfriend.png
51 KB, 1363x299
>tfw no qt gf who reads books besides trashy YA novels
>>
>tfw there will never be a decent place to discuss literature on the internet
>>
>>28852722
>>You'll never lay your head in her lap, one of her hands holding up the book she's reading, the other petting your hair

I've done this. it's exactly as comfy as it sounds
>>
>>28852837

It wasn't as bony as I imagine most girl's laps are?
>>
>>28852845
Nah it was soft because she was slightly chubby (like 28ish BMI if I had to guess), which is my preference anyway
>>
>>28852722
Fuck, this hit harder than any tfw no gf post has recently
>>
>>28852722
Wow... the first time a screencap actually got to me.

I'm, uh, going to go lie down.
>>
>tfw NEET who does nothing other than read his collection of 200 books and shitpost on r9k
>>
>>28852965
200? Lmao what, the whole goosebumps series you faggot?
>>
>>28852980
I only buy in hardcover and don't have any money
>>
>>28852734
>place to discuss literature on the internet
That reminds me:

While procrastinating, I was thinking of writing a program that would motivate me to do things other than waste time on image boards.

The program would assign a book or video game and the user could specify a goal completion date. After that completion date, it would group you with other anons so that you could discuss that book or video game. It would also track what you've completed so that you could be placed in several groups at once (so that if one anon was the only person to have completed something recently, he would have a group to discuss it with). I didn't really think about the duration of the discussions, but I guess it would be until enough of the group was done discussing. If there are multiple people reading/playing the same thing at once, there might also be "checkpoint" group discussions.

You'd be able to specify things such as genres (or maybe select random), type of assignment, number of groups, etc.

I realized that it probably wouldn't work because the pool of books/video games is too large and the user base would be too small, though.
>>
>>28853035
Sounds rad desu
>>
>>28852997
Hey me too. I finally bought Ulysses and will start reading that meme book once it arrives. What are you reading anon?
>>
File: 23-thomas-pynchon.w190.h190.2x.jpg (11 KB, 380x380) Image search: [Google]
23-thomas-pynchon.w190.h190.2x.jpg
11 KB, 380x380
>>28853106
>meme books
>>
>>28853142
Pychon seems to be the current craze on /lit/

Pic of bookshelf?
>>
>>28852942

Screencaps make me cry
>>
>>28853142
Wait, are you trying to imply Tommy Kike-on isn't a fucking meme author himself?
>>
>>28854112
Good shit. Makes me realize that I have never tried to write greentext stories about girls I was instantly infatuated about.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.