[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Life Sucks
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: 1450546165806.jpg (12 KB, 344x259) Image search: [Google]
1450546165806.jpg
12 KB, 344x259
>I'm 18 and I'm graduating High-School in June.
>I live in Canada so basically College means more applied learning while University is more academic learning
>basically University is much more highly esteemed
>during my freshman year of HS, I got into Drama and theatre and became passionate about it
>I always wanted to be something like a Computer Engineer but the passion of Theatre took over
>During my later years, I slacked so much in my science and math courses that were prerequisite courses that I'm pretty much unable to get into university
>what i'm doing now is I'm doing two years in college then doing a bridge program and getting my university degree afterwards
>I'm going to get my degree in Information Technology Security
>but this just feels so not accomplishing
>Even though I'm guaranteed a "future" this feels like taking the easy way out and I don't even want to go into that field.
>It's probably too late to do a fifth year at my school

Theatre fucked me over hard
>>
You're fucking 18 years old, you have plenty of time to fix your life. Don't worry about shit and just do it.
>>
>>28852492
I guess, I just feel like I got the undeserving consolation prize of my four years in high school, that since I've slacked off I'm given this "Oh, but here you can get a degree if you just do these two years in college, you don't need good marks in high school" and it's just not satisfying. If I could take a fifth year, I would, if only to give myself a second chance at applying to university.
>>
I'm in the opposite situation OP, and its not much better. Did really well in HS, lots of honors classes and shit like that. Could have gone to college for a STEM degree, but I chose music production instead. I love music, but hardly a day goes by that I don't contemplate how I'm wasting my scholarships on a worthless major. There's no winning the college game.
>>
Shoot for something that will make you happy but will also be worth the time and money you spend. I'm taking an extra year to figure shit out after doing really well but falling back into a depressive slump. Hoping to attend Laurier or Queen's to persue a career in finance or if things don't work out do a trade. Goodluck to you OP. It's never too late
>>
>>28852768
I'm going to do a two-year program at Centennial and then going to UOIT for my degree.

I think I'm going to talk to guidance tomorrow and ask for a fifth year.
>>
Theatre didn't fuck you, you are an idiot. Being and idiot isn't a problem if you learn from your mistakes. Take Responsibility. If you don't put in the effort you don't have the opportunity to get the reward. Everything has an opportunity cost.

If you are 18 you need to deal with these lessons now so you won't have to struggle so hard with them the rest of your life.

Do you want the real spoiler though? You have to get lucky if you want to find the thing that fulfills your need for self-actualization, start looking and don't stop. Muddle through like everyone else.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.