[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
swim
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: anxious.jpg (24 KB, 470x437) Image search: [Google]
anxious.jpg
24 KB, 470x437
any swimbros here? gonna be picking up a pair of goggles tomorrow and gonna be at the beach? how do i learn to swim? im too old for this shit robots, if i dont at least know what im doing ill be shunned and discovered by my normie boss
>>
>>28850446
somebody please help a robot out
>>
>>28850446

just say you got stitches and can't get them wet.

or, say you can't swim.

or, say you were standing on the bow of a cruise ship when it ran over a boatload of migrants and now you can't go in the ocean.
>>
>>28850594
i need solutions that do not involve pussying out, thanks. I will be donating btc to helpful anons
>>
Ok, ill try to help as much as I can robro.

Floating: if you want to keep your head and shoulders above the surface, constantly kick and move your arms like your wiping a counter sort of but at an angle. Keep this up and you should stay breathing.

Swimming: angle yourself and so that you are somewhat horizontal with the water, begin to kick with your feet slightly under water, now heres where it gets hard for me to explain without showing you, to propell yourself forward use those arms of yours by doing a stroke. Look at videos of people swimming. Basically you put one arm forward like superman but with an open hand. moving that arm backwards like your trying to bring all the water into you but make sure to look to the direction opposite to the arm doing this motion. Alternate between these arms, left, right, left right, turning your head to face the other direction as you do so. Take breaths as you turn your head. Also look at videos of people swimming. Good luck anon.
>>
>>28850719
I repeated myself like an autist yay
>>
Protip: if your lungs are full of air, you will be more buoyant.
>>
>>28850758
Also, since it's a beach, just don't go out too far and you should be able to remain standing on the ground (assuming you're not an ultra-manlet).
>>
>>28850781
Yeah, typically its not a good idea to go swimming at the beach, the waves will just tussle you around and cover you in sea weed.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.