[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What did he mean by this?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (68 KB, 500x606) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
68 KB, 500x606
Oh, how could I not be ardent for Eternity, and for the marriage-ring of rings. The ring of the return?

Never yet have I found the woman by whom I should like to have children, unless it be this woman whom I love: for I love you, O Eternity!

For I love you, O Eternity!
>>
Read "Thus said Zarathustra" and then you can begin to comprehend nitzchi
>>
>parents mention zarathustra or whatever during dinner
>don't remember ever hearing that term
>I ask what that is
>they say it's a thing in a text by nietzche
>see this thread

This shit about hearing something for the first time and then seeing it shortly afterwards happens to me a lot and it's amazing.
>>
File: White Girl Problems.jpg (32 KB, 499x718) Image search: [Google]
White Girl Problems.jpg
32 KB, 499x718
>>28850417
you dont want or need an answer, but im going to give you one anyways

around halfway through the book "thus spoke zarathustra", the main character discovers the concept of eternal recurrence. basically the idea is that if something has happened once, the odds of it happening are >0. if time is infinite, infinity times >0 equals infinity, which means everything that has happened will happen for an infinite amount of times. everything eternally recurs

at first zarathustra despairs over this, because it has the implication that humanity cant make any progress and that the way things are, which he hates, will happen forever

but then with the chapter youre quoting from, he realizes that eternal recurrence means eternal joy. every good thing that has every happened, every tiny moment of joy he's ever had, will repeat forever

then he loves eternal recurrence and eternity
>>
>>28850555
>>28850463
I've read it. I just wanted to know what everyone thought

>>28850555
>you dont want or need an answer
You aren't as smart as you think you are jackass. You've derailed my thread by taking it in a whole new fucking direction. I know what he meant. I wanted to know what an r9k anon thought he meant. Fucking hang yourself
>>
>>28850417
go to
>>>/his/

original post
>>
>>28850658
sorry

i thought this was one of those sarcastic "What did he mean by this?" posts

also i didnt derail it because i gave you what an r9k anon thought. it was a worthless smartass answer that you pissed you off, but it was exactly what you asked for
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.