[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
i usually don't kill spiders because they prey on other
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 11
File: image.jpg (225 KB, 818x856) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
225 KB, 818x856
i usually don't kill spiders because they prey on other bugs, but this little one just crawled out from my blankets. am i at risk for getting bitten or are they harmless?
>>
>>28849685
just throw the fucker outside
>>
>>28849685
Looks qt, like a jumping sider

I've kept one as a pet before.
>>
>>28849685
Most spiders that small can't penetrate skin unless they bite you somewhere thin. I'd leave him alone or move him to another room.

Probably with a cup and piece of paper because touching spiders makes me turn pale and feel light headed.
>>
Just kill it. Fuck spiders and all the redditors who tell you to throw it outside can fuck off.
>>
>>28849685
kill that fucker, i tried believing that stupid shit lie that spiders are harmless and allowed a few to make webs in my radiator near my bed only to wake up one day with my chest covered in plump itchy spider-bites that took a few weeks to go away.
>>
>>28849722
they're complete bros OP, they don't bite either. Please don't kill it.
>>
Dat hairs and blob of yellowgreen grime behind the spidey tho
>>
I used this website
http://www.termite.com/spider-identification.html

It looked like a Black House Spider, so I googled pictures of them.

Your pic looks like one of em, ready the description for them on that website. I'd put it outside for safe measure.
>>
>>28849761
That's easily 100x grosser than the spider

Jesus, OP, vacuum your rug.
>>
Looks like a wolf spider, they're harmless. I remember reading about a guy that had a roach infestation, so he threw a bunch of those fuckers in the house, left, and came back to a roach free house.
>>
Are you mentally challenged or something? Get a shoe and squash it. It's that simple.
>>
>>28849789
That's like throwing a bunch of wolf spiders in your house.

Don't do that.
>>
>>28849722
>>28849760
jumping spiders do NOT spread their legs out like that.

I'll admit that they're bros, but OP's picture is definitely a black house spider
>>
File: r0_37_400_262_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg (15 KB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
r0_37_400_262_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg
15 KB, 400x225
>>28849685
fuckin pussy arse americunts/eurofags cunts, i was playing vidya the other day and noticed this fucker's legs sticking out from behind the printer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Dwyl0Nt6j0
>>
>>28849789
>>28849760
>>28849742
Just because it isn't poisonous doesn't make it harmless faggots, look up the definition of HARM.
>>
File: 1461336215014.png (34 KB, 227x223) Image search: [Google]
1461336215014.png
34 KB, 227x223
>>28849756
>being this fucking retarded

It was probably bed bugs or some other blood sucking insect. There's literally not a single logical reason why spiders would bite you in your sleep.
>>
>>28849685
He's harmless. Phidipus regis most likely. Give the poor guy some water and put him outside.
>>
>>28849847
>Literally sleeping next to spider den
>Wake up with insect bites
>Must be some creature i've never came in contact with before

Ok faggot just because you've researched a few wiki pages on spiders doesn't mean you have all knowledge on spider behavior. I know what spider bites look like anyway, fuck off.
>>
>>28849756

>>28849847
This.
I've let dozens of spiders live in my room. Unfortunately, they did their job so well that bugs stopped entering my house. Now they're all dead because they starved to death. I remember watching a spider that was so weak stumble as it tried to climb a wall slowly. I felt so bad for it.
>>
>>28849840

harm.
NOUN
1.physical injury, especially that which is deliberately inflicted

Okay, now what's your argument here?
>>
>>28849820
I live in NY and see these little black guys in my garage all the time. They're adorable, I love their jump. He looks skinny and dehydrated though.
>>
>>28849847
Kill yourself. I've been bitten by a spider in my sleep as well.
>>
>>28849919
it's not a fucking jumping spider.

they're cute, but OP's image isn't them.
>>
File: 1463810808820.png (78 KB, 399x428) Image search: [Google]
1463810808820.png
78 KB, 399x428
>>28849892
>an animal who spends all it's life in its web and who's first response when dealing with anything larger than prey if to flee deliberately and maliciously sought to assault you in your sleep
>>
>>28849840
Poisonous: if you bite it, you might die.
Venomous: if it bites you, you might die.

Get it right, anon.
>>
>>28849927
And how do you know it was a spider, dumbass, except from some old wives tale bullshit? Did it lay eggs in your ear too?
>>
>>28849685
I don't kill them and desu have never felt the disgust most feel towards them. Spiders are the more elegant insects out there, along with mantis and moths.

I have an affinity for them, and help them when able.
>>
>>28849970
>Spider
>animal

Also, if they are in immediate danger when fleeing isn't an option, they will resort to biting you. Like say rolling in your sleep and almost crushing it
>>
File: 1392735349311.gif (1022 KB, 395x309) Image search: [Google]
1392735349311.gif
1022 KB, 395x309
>>28849970
>an animal that sure is seen traveling around people's homes a lot for something that spends ALL it's life in a web.
>>
That's a zelotes duplex, a black ground spider. They do bite and are venomous. They're ambush hunters, so they're wicked fast. If you can, try to catch it and release it outside. If you can't safely catch it, I would recommend killing it. Their bites can be pretty nasty and you wouldn't want to accidentally get bit in your sleep or something.
>>
>>28850021
Not him, but spider bites are easy to identify because of the two fang marks.
>>
>>28849957
The spider in the pic looks exactly like the one in this video though. The eyes are pretty big too in the pic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rpdLV2wxdEM
>>
i had a brown recluse crawl out of my pants as i was getting ready to put them on
>>
File: brownrecluse.jpg (13 KB, 207x185) Image search: [Google]
brownrecluse.jpg
13 KB, 207x185
You guys, I found this spider in my room. Should I put it in my mouth?
>>
>>28849685
You're in risk of going black and never going back
>>
>>28850064
you are delusional or deliberately choosing not to be rational
>>
>>28849685

Shit are you from the US?

If so, it looks like a black southern recluse or a southern wolf spider.

I work for a wildlife youtube channel ( can't say which obv for privacy reasons but you've probably seen if you're a wildlife nerd) and if its the former it can cause permanent nerve damage. The latter's bite isn't lethal, but it'll hurt

Leave the room, and call a professional. I would NOT try to get rid of this spider yourself.
>>
>>28850051
For confirmation, Google black ground spider or zelotes duplex.
>>
File: Pholcus.phalangioides.6905.jpg (487 KB, 3504x2336) Image search: [Google]
Pholcus.phalangioides.6905.jpg
487 KB, 3504x2336
>>28849685
Who else used to rip off their legs as a kid?
>>
>>28850046
Nigger, if it set up shop under his radiator then it's obviously not a species that roams.
>>
>>28849685
The answer is, do you want to wake up in the night and have one a few inches from your face?
>>
>>28850075
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eb46yXP211w
>>
>>28850095
>the former it can cause permanent nerve damage
Yeah, if you're an infant or 80.

Brown recluses are mostly overblown and urban legend. Those festering, necrotic sores you see that are ''recluse bites'' are mostly misdiagnosed bacteria infections. Hell, there's been reported recluses attacks in areas that are hundreds of miles from where any actually inhabit.
>>
>>28849685
Here, OP, this will help you identify if it's a harmless species
>>
>>28850095
Coyote Peterson pls
>>
>>28850051
>>28850104
I'm pretty sure it's this. It looks exactly like OP.
>>
>>28850175
>unironically hurting huntsman spiders: AKA, brotier of all spiders
>unironically wanting to hurt orbweavers or jumping spiders

I know this is going to come off as 100% Aussie but I always have at least 1 decent sized huntmans running about my house. Spiders are cannibalistic, they'll eat the smaller spiders. One big, completely harmless spider is better than 100 smaller ones. Plus they kill other bugs.

Literally only been bitten by a huntsman spider 3 times in my life and their bites are no more painful than a bee sting.

But yeah, funnel webs you should run like hell from
>>
>>28850051
>>28850190
I want to clarify that when I say "pretty nasty", I mean painful. They aren't dangerously venomous and won't cause any serious harm. You're not in danger having it in your home, but if you've already found it I your bedding, there's a chance it could wind up back in bed with you. If you were to roll over or swat at it in your sleep, you run the risk of being bitten. They're hunters, but they aren't especially aggressive.
>>
Kill all spiders inside your home. Leave none alive. They'll bite you. I came home from a vacation and when I threw my bed covers back there was 5 of those fiddle back fuckers just waiting for me. I had a helluva time beating them all to death with a handily placed 8 year old maxim magazine.
>>
>>28850172

Don't listen to this 'expert'.

Don't try to do this yourself.
>>
Just kill it with fire or your boot. If you have a boot. I had a spider on the side of my house once a few years ago, it was pretty fucking big. Anyways my mom tried to kill it with raid spray and the thing falls down and baby spiders were everywhere. We couldn't tell because it was black. Looks just like either a funnel or mouse spider. It was disgusting....
>>
>>28850075
peel one of these guys off our nutsack while tripping in a tent at 2 AM sometime
>>
File: monitoring this thread.jpg (44 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
monitoring this thread.jpg
44 KB, 400x300
>>28850270
>not having lizards as your protection against bugs
Haven't seen a cockroach in months since they've installed
>>
>>28849685
just want to point out that indoor spiders do nothing but make webs until they starve to death because unless you are some fucking african nigger your house should not be infested with flying insects, there is nothing for them to eat.

spiderfags can go fuck themselves
>>
>>28850040
Spiders are part of the animal kingdom you fucking reject.
>>
>>28850105
i do this all the time nowadays because i cant stand spiderfags

>>28850270
kill yourself
>>
Catch it with a glass or a plastic container and release it outside, there's no need to kill them even if you're afraid of them.
>>
There was a spider in an upper corner of my shower, but I didn't do anything about it. I just checked on it because of this thread, but it's not there anymore.

Spooky.
Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.