[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do vegans really think their diet makes them morally superior?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 4
File: 1462771645245.png (27 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1462771645245.png
27 KB, 400x400
Do vegans really think their diet makes them morally superior?
They say they 'care' about the animals but are obsessed with being thin.

Volunteer at a soup kitchen if you really care about the less fortunate, fuck.
>>
Animal agriculture is terrible for the environment and is a huge waste of water. We feed half of the food we grow to animals while people are starving everywhere. Veganism should be encouraged, no matter how much you "don't care" about animals it's obviously a positive thing.
>>
>>28848276
Then we shouldn't eat almonds because they take a shit ton of water to make.

Or maybe we should all kill ourselves, that'll stop all the stress we're causing to the planet fast.
>>
>>28848276
who gives a steaming fuck
>>
It does make them morally superior. Not that I give a fuck.
>>
>>28847973
Yes they do, most people are insane
>>
>>28848436
Nah, if they really wanted to leave the smallest footprint on the earth, they would be Freegans and be eating tossed out food everyday.
>>
Most vegans I know don't actually act all high and mighty like the Internet portrays them. And the ones that do are blond college girls who need to act high and mighty about everything.
>>
>>28847973
Looks like Little Timmy forgot to take its Adderal this morning.

>Reeeee! How dare other people like/not like [thing] I don't like? Must smash! Must bitch on /r9k/!
>>
>>28847973
Feeling insecure? Immoral fuck.
>>
>>28847973
>people actually defending vegans ITT when this is the most subscribed to vegan on youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYPAxEcZeuw
>>
>>28848579
>implying youtube is a useful barometer for anything whatsoever
>>
>>28848579
>woman

This is the face of vegans?? A fucken woman??? kek
>>
File: doges.jpg (121 KB, 1136x852) Image search: [Google]
doges.jpg
121 KB, 1136x852
>>28847973
I don't even care about animal cruelty much (my actions cannot change the cruel actions of others) but I like eating/cooking vegan simply for the challenge.

Go to a grocery store and try to create a menu for the week with only non-animal products. It is fun.

Also yes also I believe in putting post of my energy in helping humans. I like animals, but I still like humans more than animals.
>>
>>28847973
Being a vegan could get you pussy.

I remember this Chad at uni sitting at a table with these girls all looking lovingly at him. He says "I guess I'm vegan because I never really liked meat". They all sighed and smiled at him.
>>
>>28848681
Insecure, mentally ill pussy, yes.
>>
>>28848681
If you're attractive. A fat short guy says it and the girls bully him for it.
>>
>>28848579
Dumb and opinionated doesn't have much to do with veganism.
What I hate more is when someone feels the need to talk about their diet to the point where its a topic of conversation more than "you know I don't want to eat burgers". Past that point I think you're asking a little much of people. Food is so central to personal freedoms in the first world even breaching the subject like that is annoying.
And of course its an australian. Imagine someone not from a city saying that kind of thing.
>>
>>28847973
>Do vegans really think their diet makes them morally superior?

In my experience, yes. It's the fedora of diets.
>>
being a vegan is a better choice for the environment/health/the world in general. that isn't a controversial or bold statement it's just a boring fact. i'm not a vegan but at least i'm not a sniveling little worm about why -- i'm just lazy and enjoy eating meat too much to change (like you). sorry to interrupt your vegan hate hugbox though
>>
>Do vegans really think their diet makes them morally superior?

In a sense, yes. I believe that my choice has a tiny degree of impact. I believe that it matters. I'm a vegan for the moral reasons so by implication I believe that what I'm doing is the morally superior choice.

On the other hand, I think like a lot of vegans, I'm also completely aware why most people aren't vegan because I started off as a non-vegan myself. People are non-vegan because they're raised that way, and because people generally don't want to give up pleasure, so all sorts of lies and semi-truths within the culture feed into this unwillingness to change, and there are a bunch of other psychological reasons obviously.

I also think most vegans hold a "sophisticated" position of recognising that the acts of an individual are pretty worthless, that for veganism to have a meaningful impact, most or all people have to become vegan. Anyone who develops a superiority complex is either completely ignorant of the way things work, or more likely they're just 'trolling' you in a sense, subverting the stereotype that fearful non-vegans promote of vegans as "smug and superior".
>>
from my experience the patrician diet is eating vegan/vegetarian most days of the week, and then eating meat 1-2 days of the week
>>
>>28847973
I'll do it because it's cheaper and cleaner.

I don't give a fuck about animals.
I've been thin my whole life, so it's not my target.
Not morally superior, I think you're an asshole, so
we are like the same crap, human race.

The less fortunate should die, based on Nature's Laws
>>
I hate them cause they are like weeds fags. All they talk about is vegan and being vegan and vegan this and vegan that.
>>
>>28848579
thanks mrs skelton
>>
>>28847973
Tbh, most people just do it because it's healthier. Lots of people say it tastes better, too, but nothing can beat mcdonalds, right? Anyway, nobody actually cares about animals enough to change their diet soly based on that. If they say they are, they are attention whoring.
>>
>>28848276
>We feed half of the food we grow to animals while people are starving everywhere.
That's because people buy meat.

Let's say that half the food we grew didn't go to animals. Do you think now poor people in developing countries are suddenly able to buy it?
>>
>veganism
Yeah right
>>
File: r218328_853829.jpg (49 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
r218328_853829.jpg
49 KB, 600x450
>>28847973
Veganism is objectively bad, because eating rope-farmed salt-water mussels causes less suffering and environmental damage than eating plants. They have no brains, they have simpler movement abilities than plants, they are caught without bycatch, they do not harm the environment, they taste delicious, and they solve all the nutrient deficiency problems of a vegan diet. If you're a vegan and you won't eat them then you're not doing it for moral or ethical reasons, you're part of a crazy cult.

But note this does not apply to all bivalves, eg. clams can dig, and scallops have simple eyes, so they get the benefit of the doubt.
>>
>>28847973

The better question is how omega and triggered are you to get upset at other peoples food choices?
>>
>implying anything a white insecure man does to help mankind compares to the chimping out of unintelligent niggers, sand niggers, chinks, and poo-in-loos does to destroy their environment
>>
>>28848818
This. I dont give a shit about you being vegan, vegetarian or other photosynthesis performing person as long as you dont start lecturing me how your way is superior than mine and how i should feel bad because i'm not doing that. Fuck this guilt-trapping.
>>
>>28848919
obviously no reasonable person will start guilt tripping you in a social situation but just know that you should feel bad
>>
>>28848818
>>28848919

Except neither of these things are true. The only people who won't shut the fuck up about it are people like you who go into rant mode whenever you hear someone doesn't eat meat.
>>
>>28849060
Thats what a vegan would say. I've met a lot in my lifetime, just like the stoner fags. Long term veganism causes genetic mutation and cancer fyi.
>>
>>28849139
you're gonna have to source that buddy
>>
>>28849139
don't worry i believe you
>>
>>28849176
>>28849185
Stay butthurt.
>http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/03/29/long-term-vegetarian-diet-changes-human-dna-raising-risk-of-canc/
Go ahead and nitpick certain statements to argue over. Being vegan is pointless unless you have a medical condition. Just like weed fags getting butt hurt too.
>Many vegetarians also struggle to get enough iron, vitamin D, vitamin B12 and calcium which are essential for health. One study found that vegetarians had approximately five percent lower bone-mineral density (BMD) than non-vegetarians.
Do what makes you happy, even if it costs your health.
>>
Animals only exist for our pleasure, who cares about their feelings? We will never understand them and they will never understand us, their thoughts are worthless
>>
File: 1464160023138.jpg (78 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
1464160023138.jpg
78 KB, 960x720
most people are vegan because vegetables contain more nutrients and healthier for your body not because they want to save the animals of the world

its not about morals at all
>>
>>28847973
the extent of the vegans ive met thus far's expression of veganism is "no thanks, i don't eat x."

not all of them are self-important
>>
>>28850137
How dumb do you have to be to believe this shit? Really I am curious.
>>
Why do you come to this board then? People here diss everyone who doesn't meet arbitrary criteria to be a robot, not to mention women.
Then there's different levels of robotness, like non-white poor fat manlets who'll claim anyone whiter, thinner or taller than them can't be robots, like self righteous vegan cunts.
>>
>>28850246
theres nothing wrong about what i said

the majority of vegan/vegetarians are people who simply have studied the health benefits of a plant based diet and decided to eat that way to prevent disease and perform optimally in life...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_China_Study

eating meat/processed food all the time is like eating cardboard vs plants
>>
I'm vegan because I'm better than the dirtgrubbing niggerhumans that eat dead animal matter because they can't fucking control their lives even for a second., no matter how good it is for them and for society. Meateaters are the most pathetic thing on the planet, I can't comprehend how something can claim to be superior enough to animals to consume them but enslaved enough to their animal nature that they can't help but hurt themselves by eating flesh and growing fat and diseased and damning their children to a dead world. Meateaters are helpeless, hopeless people.

Meateaters can't honestly claim to be human and should just be taken out and shot.
>>
>>28850482
Didn't know Durianrider frequented /r9k/
>>
>>28850280
If anything, whites are more elitist, anon.
>>
>>28848276
Let the economy flow man. Just because 3rd world shitters can't grow food doesn't mean we should all sacrifice our delicious meat. My ancestors worked for this goddam opportunity to eat meat I ain't givin it so some low life loser
>>
>>28850523

Yeah but they're definitely better off than some chink in a rice field or someone living in a favela.
>>
>>28850567
Kek it's like whites can't just bask in their superiority, they have to shit on everyone else. Kind of like vegans.
>>
I don't really care about animals, but it's logical not to kill them when you can be healthy without doing so, i'm only vegan because it' cheap and works for me health-wise, and it's good for the environment. if you want to eat meat, i don't blame you or even really care, but this butthurt cognitive dissonance bs you pull every time you come across someone who lives life differently to you is pathetic
>>
>>28848802
the ultimate flawless patrician diet is vegan + oysters/mussels. moralfags and healthfags both btfo
>>
>>28850603
As a white vegan, I can confirm this.
>>
>>28848919
Like people are doing here?
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.