[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If you're overweight or obese, then you are genetically
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: 1461737373847.jpg (83 KB, 622x757) Image search: [Google]
1461737373847.jpg
83 KB, 622x757
If you're overweight or obese, then you are genetically inferior and therefore should not reproduce.

>Studies that have focused on inheritance patterns rather than on specific genes have found that 80% of the offspring of two obese parents were also obese, in contrast to less than 10% of the offspring of two parents who were of normal weight.[115] Different people exposed to the same environment have different risks of obesity due to their underlying genetics.[116]"
>>
>Studies that have focused on inheritance patterns rather than on specific genes have found that 80% of the offspring of two obese parents were also obese

no fucking shit, if two lards have kids, they will feed them same way they feed themselves
>>
>>28845251
>if two lards have kids, they will feed them same way they feed themselves

Continue reading retard.

>Different people exposed to the same environment have different risks of obesity due to their underlying genetics.[116]"
>>
>people who eat lots of shitty food feed their kids lots of shitty food because they're too stupid to know better or too apathetic to care
>>

I'm 375 pounds. I deserve to love and be loved just as much as anyone else.
>>
File: 1387993117721.gif (982 KB, 320x287) Image search: [Google]
1387993117721.gif
982 KB, 320x287
>>28845270
I can stop reading whenever the fuck I want you piece of shit
>>
So tumblr was right all along.
>>
>>28845295
It's more complicated than that retard.

"There was no relation between the weight class of the adoptees and the body-mass index of their adoptive parents. "

" Furthermore, the relation between biologic parents and adoptees was not confined to the obesity weight class, but was present across the whole range of body fatness - from very thin to very fat."

"We conclude that genetic influences have an important role in determining human fatness in adults, whereas the family environment alone has no apparent effect."
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/3941707
>>
>>28845270

Genetics have a vanishingly small affect on weight retention. It comes down to calories in, calories out. That is the simple, basic truth of the matter and nothing will change it.

>caloric surplus
You gain weight.

>caloric deficit
You lose weight.

>caloric stasis
You stay the same weight.

If two people have equal height, equal proportions, have identical physical exertion throughout the day, and both eat the same meals, they will be the exact same weight.

If you take a fat kid away from his fat family and start feeding him a normal diet, he will lose weight.

Stop trying to find an excuse.
>>
>>28845390
It's not as simple as CICO though, every body is unique and metabolizes food differently.
>>
>>28845364
>"We conclude that genetic influences have an important role in determining human fatness in adults, whereas the family environment alone has no apparent effect."

Congrats. You found one study that contradicts the overwhelming bulk of material on the subject.

Hopefully the exertion of tapping away at the keyboard burned a few calories, fatty.
>>
Fat people are insane. Smh.
>>
>>28845439
I'm not fat though, at my highest my BMI was 27, currently 23. I realize I have fat genetics and therefore work to make the best of my situation and eat very little and exercise every day.

I do come from a fat family and I see it first handedly. More than half of my family are obese. Hell both of my parents were obese at one point, but my mom turned into a gym bunny and lost about 100 lbs.
>>
>>28845420
>It's not as simple as CICO though, every body is unique and metabolizes food differently.

In regards to absorption of certain vitamins and shit like that? Sure. But in regards to obesity, it really is that simple.

If you eat fewer calories than you burn you WILL lose weight. Period. End of story. It is physically impossible not to.

There is absolutely no excuse for obesity other than plain old lack of effort.
>>
>>28845513
>If you eat fewer calories than you burn you WILL lose weight. Period. End of story. It is physically impossible not to.

This is true, but people who lose weight end up having singnificantly slower metabolisms (burning as much as 800 fewer calories/day) then people with the same height and weight.

But once you gain the weight back, your metabolism returns to normal. In essence, your body literally fights to get back to its original weight.

The biggest loser study proves this:
http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/oby.21538/full
>>
>>28845511
>I do come from a fat family and I see it first handedly. More than half of my family are obese.

How do they eat? What does there average meal look like? Be completely honest with me.

For most of my childhood and youth I was a pretty skinny kid. Freshman year of college rolls around and I fall into a pretty bad place, mentally. I ate because of it. I had no social circle in that town, I had no real activities to engage in because I was poor as shit. So during the two hours I had for lunch I would go into the cafeteria and just gorge. I would grab the big bowls from the salad bar and take them over to the soft serve machine because the little cups they had weren't big enough for my liking. I would eat three servings of the main entree. Fruit? Nah. And on top of my consumption I wasn't moving around at all aside from walking to different classrooms.

And you know what happened? I gained forty pounds in three months.

After the semester ended I was able to clear my head a bit and realized that I needed to nip this shit in the bud. So I cut out most (not even all, just most) of my junk food and started going to the campus gym for an hour and a half four times a week. Weights and cardio.

And you know what happened? I lost 35 pounds in six weeks.

I was never quite 'obese', but I was certainly overweight for my height. And I got out of it by running a caloric deficit. There was no pill, no magic berry or whatever the fuck middle aged women think is the secret cure. Just less cake and more stairmaster.
>>
>>28845577
>http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/oby.21538/full
>sample size of fourteen people

No.

The former competitors would be able to maintain a healthy weight with diet and exercise. They regained the weight because they returned to their old eating habits.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.