[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>just walk in, ask for the manager, give them a firm handshake
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
File: 1434478438210.gif (982 KB, 320x287) Image search: [Google]
1434478438210.gif
982 KB, 320x287
>just walk in, ask for the manager, give them a firm handshake and he'll give you a job. that's how it was for me, why's it so hard for you?
>>
BECAUSE I'M A FAILURE, DAD. A FAILURE ;-;
>>
Finding a job isn't too hard you just have to annoy the managers enough. Show up at least 2 or 3 times a week and talk to the managers. It makes you look like you want the job and it makes it so they recognise you when reading resumes.

> Hey did you get my resume?
>Hi my name is anon did you get my application?
>Hi are you hiring? I sent an application in a few days ago.
>>
God i love that image
>>
File: 67576.jpg (26 KB, 307x300) Image search: [Google]
67576.jpg
26 KB, 307x300
>>28843481
>walk in, meet manager
>manager is female, mid 20's
>hires me on the spot without even starting the interview

You just gotta b urself
>>
>>28843481
does it really work that way?
I've done it before and they told me they will give me a call if they want me hired
I also seen some places sending an email to you and being like

>we are receiving lots of applications and we will give you a call
>I call them/walk in
>I don't have the call/Someone in the warehouse will decide if you get the job
>>28844911

I sometimes feel like I'm being too pushy, should I still do it? I've tried it but after 6 revisits I gave up because why the fuck can't you tell me you don't want me.
>>
>>28844911
im just trying to find something for the summer since i go back to college in the fall but no one seems to want anybody for that short of time
>>
Dude it's literally that easy. Like, 99% of the time, if you're talking general retail.

Do an online application which usually just involves a resume they won't read and basic personal info, then once you get the "application confirmed" e-mail go into the store or call, and tell whoever's working the front that you put in an application and would like to see the manager.

Most of the time they'll go right to your interview and any other little tests you need, and if not at least the manager knows you're committed.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.