[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>go to job interview >never get call back everytiem
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 9
File: 1463708193886.jpg (46 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
1463708193886.jpg
46 KB, 480x480
>go to job interview
>never get call back

everytiem
>>
>>28842962
iktf dude.
>tfw can't even get a shitty warehouse job
>>
>>28842962
>apply for job
>get denied because of my physical appearance and they flat out tell me so

mother fuckers
>>
You have to call them back bud.
>>
File: FUCK YOU.jpg (21 KB, 300x316) Image search: [Google]
FUCK YOU.jpg
21 KB, 300x316
>>28844387
>handing out resumes
>supermarket manager tells me "if you want to make a good impression to employers, don't wear a hoodie"

it's a fucking minimum wage shelf stacking job who gives a fuck what i wear
>>
>>28842962
Normies like me I think

I applied for about 10 jobs a couple months ago and got 6 calls asking for an interview and every one I went to they said they'd like to hire me

They were all shitty slightly above minimum wage jobs but whatever

Maybe it's because I volunteered at 3 different places to put on resume over the course of a few years so I had references

idk

>>28844750
First impressions are important to get a job
You don't have to wear a suit and tie for a minimum wage job, but you're not supposed to dress in casual every day wear either

Employers thoughts aren't really based in reality, I'm sure he was thinking "He doesn't put much effort into what he wears for a job interview, he probably wont put much effort into the job either" or some dumb shit
>>
>>28844494
back in the age of civility, you would at least get a courtesy call informing you that you werent selected for the job.

you are younger than 21 arent you. im guess at least 16, but no more than 19
>>
File: 1461713150367.jpg (10 KB, 228x217) Image search: [Google]
1461713150367.jpg
10 KB, 228x217
>>28844750
My autistic college roommate applied to part time dishwashing jobs in a 3 piece suit and a fedora. He didn't get any calls back. Normies just hate us no matter what we do.
>>
File: semicas.jpg (115 KB, 1080x1440) Image search: [Google]
semicas.jpg
115 KB, 1080x1440
>>28844750
Wear some jeans and a shirt, nice jumper. It's really not hard. They want someone who gives the appearance that they will make an effort, even for minimum shitty job. If you actually want a job, you have to mark yourself out from the hordes of other people wanting a shitty job. Also, hoodies are associate with criminality and low lifes.
>>
File: liberation.jpg (176 KB, 546x504) Image search: [Google]
liberation.jpg
176 KB, 546x504
>>28842962

Guy in hiring here, ask away

>>28845073

Bingo. I haven't worked in hiring for minimum wage in awhile but bare minimum was ironed dress pants and button down shirt. These are societal norms.
>>
>>28842962
here's my trick
I wrote some articles for textbroker, put "independent contractor" on my resume, and I've got insurance companies hounding my ass for job offers
>>
>>28842962
Did you look them in the eye, shake his hand, and ask for the job?
>>
>>28844387
>not knowing lookism criteria
you've been living under the rock ?
>>
File: smug essien.jpg (6 KB, 212x260) Image search: [Google]
smug essien.jpg
6 KB, 212x260
>>28845471
>jeans and sweater is 'making an effort'

>Also, hoodies are associate with criminality and low lifes

maybe in the UK
>>
>>28845332
i hate you because of what you do though. Why can't you learn to dress appropriately and say conventional things?
>>
>>28845500
Tbh for minimum wage you don't neeeed a button down shirt, you can just wear a normal plain t-shirt with no logo, button down shirt is preferred but It's not like a lot of people getting their first job have button down shirts (Or for those that are overweight, they can be hard to find a good fit for a cheap price)

I just wore black jeans and a plain grey tshirt with no collar or logo and some black plimsolls
>>
>>28842962
>get an internship for 2 months
>was accepted without interview because i asked no salary
>boss told me he will pay me if i continue 2 more months

i was like you but now i have a job for 2 months, u can do it too (i got my first job at 26)
>>
>>28845767

I'm sorry but no. You can get button shirts for under $20, I'm not expecting anyone to come in wearing tailored clothes or even leather shoes let alone Brooks Bros or Allen Edmonds but jeans and a plain shirt ain't gonna cut it unless you're interviewing with an extremely unprofessional business
>>
File: 1461715145423.png (1 MB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
1461715145423.png
1 MB, 1366x768
I stopped applying to retail jobs all together because all the managers are stuck up. at least the factory guys have the decency to call back even if I didn't get the job. The fuck head at the local office max fucking screened my calls when I called in weeks later to just get a yes or no answer from him.
>>
>>28846141
As long as you show that you've made an effort in presentation you should be good to go

whether that be a button up shirt or a plain t-shirt

you may argue that wearing a clean plain t-shirt isn't making an effort, but as long as you look smart, enthusiastic, sharp and all that crap, the interviewer won't mince the differences between a button up and a plain t-shirt
>>
>>28842962
>go to job interview
>guess we have to take down the job application because we just found what we needed!
>>
File: 1463436523316.jpg (43 KB, 736x470) Image search: [Google]
1463436523316.jpg
43 KB, 736x470
>get call scheduling job interview later in the week
>get another call telling me it's cancelled and they found someone already
>>
File: 1452477601807.jpg (82 KB, 1280x974) Image search: [Google]
1452477601807.jpg
82 KB, 1280x974
>>28842962
Here's what you do

-Make a resume, list all your experience/volunteering/school/etc., there's websites that will literally build one for you by you entering in information. Print this and bring it with you in a folder, along with pen and paper to take notes.

- Dress like you give a fuck. >>28845471
this anon has the right idea and the featured pic is not bad. Button up oxford, belt, dark jeans or chinos, decent shoes (for the love of god, NOT running shoes), most leather shoes are fine. If it's an office job, tie is ok. Iron your clothes. Get a haircut.

-Ask questions about the job, hours, any benefits, uniforming, whatever. Have at least 3 questions. Ask for their email and a phone number to contact them at.

-AFTERWARDS, the day after you interview, send the person a short, 2-3 sentence email saying "thank you for taking the time to interview me, please let me know if you have any further questions." This is so much more important than you could possibly know. This keeps you in their field of vision and shows some basic fucking decency and gratitude, plus respect for the value of their time. (Yes, I know they're a goddamn Wendy's shift manager, but to THEM, their time is valuable).

-Wait to hear back, but wait no longer than a week before calling the person you interviewed with directly, and ask if they "had come to a decision regarding the position you applied for." In all likelyhood they've been putting it off, and this spurs them to make a decision, more likely in your favor since you're showing that you obviously want the job.

If this is all new information, this is why you haven't gotten a call back.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.