[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What instruments do you guys play? pic related me at my second
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 9
File: 2nd recital.jpg (46 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
2nd recital.jpg
46 KB, 960x720
What instruments do you guys play? pic related me at my second recital.
>>
guitar, bass, clarinet
>>
is there anyone +16 on this board anymore? holy fuck
>>
>>28842897
>Instrument?
Classical Guitar

What kind of music do you play anon?
>>
Drums, guitar, piano, bass

In that order
>>
>>28842938

everybody on /r9k/ is either 19, or 28 it seems like
>>
>>28842897
underage b& please leave this place
orig
>>
>>28842938
I'm 20 now. The picture was taken when I was 18.
>>
Guitar. I have a piano but don't play it much. I've got an ocarina but I don't really do much with it
>>
>>28842973
I play lots of videogame music mostly pokemon.
>>
Mostly just guitar and mandolin these days. I'm learning washboard and the singing saw right now, but I don'have much time for them. Use to play; drums, bass, uke, trumpet, piano, cigar box guitar/diddly bo', and harmonica. Drums are my favorite instrument to play but I live an apartment now so I had to get rid of them.
>>
>>28843037
Cool. Do you have a favourite theme/route etc?

...also No Bach? :(
>>
>>28842897
Have been playing the harmonica for 5 years or so. I've actually had classes with one of Eric Clapton's harmonicists. Also a little guitar and ocarina
>>
File: bass_clarinet.png (806 KB, 1339x1746) Image search: [Google]
bass_clarinet.png
806 KB, 1339x1746
Bass Clarinet
>>
>>28842938
is 16 the new legal age for 4chan?
>>
>>28843190

i used to play contrabass clarinet, shit was so much fun for those few years
>>
>>28843144
Goldenrod city is the first pokemon song I learned so it's my favorite. I can play a bit of toccota and fugue.
>>
>>28843190
>>28843227
that's a big clarinet
>>
>>28843190
>>28843227
I've always wondered : how in the fuck do you get into these kind of instruments ? I mean anyone can play guitar or bass because it's cheap and easy and material to learn is everywhere but how do you see this shit and think "Imma play that giant skinny tuba thing"
>>
>>28843300

i started playing school instruments at 5th grade
>>
>being able to play any instruments

yeah, you're a normie.

no robot would actually have the good fortune to ever be born with natural musical talent, or the determination to master an instrument.
>>
I play keyboards, bass and shitty vocals and guitar

I'm that guy who thinks he can make a brilliant solo music project but it ends up sounding shit. Playing in bands is stressful because me and whoever's on lead vocals / guitars always lock horns in songwriting - that plus I have no fucking idea what I'm doing so I've never got my current band to do any shows because muh anxiety.

I can think of some pretty cool ideas but I don't have the musical discipline to actually make them a reality. Everything just sounds mediocre

Feels bad, man
>>
File: 1462725985139.jpg (35 KB, 636x636) Image search: [Google]
1462725985139.jpg
35 KB, 636x636
>>28843355
>no robot would actually have the good fortune to ever be born with natural musical talent, or the determination to master an instrument

No one said anything about mastering an instrument and shit like guitar is easy as fuck to learn
>>
>>28843355
(look how much of a loser I am)
>>
File: Me.jpg (30 KB, 636x960) Image search: [Google]
Me.jpg
30 KB, 636x960
I play bass, that's the first and so far the only instrument I managed to learn.

Pic related is me playing with my former band, we were really punk these days

I'd like to learn ukulele for busking purposes. Also thought of a hang drum, but shit is expensive as fuck
>>
>>28843427
By the way that's the best picture of myself I ever had.

Anyway, any anons play uke? Is it fun to play? Is it easy to start?
>>
>>28843300
In school?
Did your schools not have a music program or anything?
>>
What are your favorite pieces to play? I can play avril 14th, 1251 by the strokes and Mac ritcher Tartu. I am shit at making music though but I know theory. It just doesn't click with me, how do you do it?
>>
>>28843471
It's the easiest instrument I've ever picked up.
>>
>>28843476
>avril 14th
I love that song, is it hard to play on piano? I always wanted to learn it
>>
>>28843476
On drums it's To those Who Fight Further (Final Fantasy 7 boss battle music), on guitar it's Sultans of Swing (Dire Straits) and piano is I Giorni by Ludovico Einaudi
>>
>>28842897
I play classical guitar and piano.

>>28842973
My nigga. Bach's Lute pieces are great, the pieces from WTC are great too but the fugues are pretty fucking difficult
>>
>>28843472
I'm European we didn't really got those. Well I think there were some but no one really cared or heard about it and they were mostly people who were already proficient before joining. Is america like the movies with band classes and shit ?
>>
>>28843476
Keep your eye on the music and play very very slowly whilst being careful not to make a mistake. Or learn one bar at a time and put the all together.
>>
>>28843527
You know, what I like most about bass is that it was pretty easy to learn the basics (I could play some of my favorite songs after two weeks), but four years into it and there's still a lot to learn. So I'd like to learn some other instruments like that, easy to learn but hard to master.

Anyone has any other recommendations besides uke?
>>
File: hang in there.gif (11 KB, 408x408) Image search: [Google]
hang in there.gif
11 KB, 408x408
>>28843355
>Implying you will ever master anything
I am always learning.
>>
>>28842897
Trumpet
>>
>>28843227
>tfw played tuba in middle school and enjoyed it

too bad I'm shit at music
>>
>>28843599
The piano is the top instrument when it comes to easy to learn but hard to master.
>>
>>28843574
I would have thought Europe would be more into school bands.
But yeah, American public schools generally have band classes.
>>
I play guitar and I'm starting to get into classical. Anyone have a classical piece thats nice to play on acoustic?
>>
>>28843547
It's so great so see some appreciation of Bach. This is the piece I'm learning at the moment :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4K0mY2cmLBY&t=15m2s. It's quite hard for me.

Bach is great because it requires such technical precision to sound good.

How long have you been playing for? Any other favourite composers as well? I quite like some of Sor's work.
>>
>>28843355
>tfw musically talented
>tfw too socially retarded to network so I can monetize my beats
>>
>>28843676
In my country (France) we're not anyway. We had like music classes but they were complete bullshit just singing and playing those shitty flutes. In HS there was band class but they were for people who had played an instrument for a long time already and it was mostly outside of school
>>
>>28842897
""""recital""""
You're about as much of a fuckwit institutionalized normie as those bimbo stacy cheerleaders that called their potluck dinners a "banquet" at my school
EL
EM
AYY
OHH
4/10
Made me respond
>>
File: ShounenBat.png (182 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
ShounenBat.png
182 KB, 640x360
>>28842897
holy shit you look like shonen bat from paranoia agent
>>
>>28843662
I thought of something affordable though

I made a total list of things I'd like to try, if any of you has any experience with any of the following, please tell me about it

Theremin
Bagpipes
Hang drum
Everything that falls under the tribal drums category
Harmonica
Ukulele
Shamisen
>>
>>28843925
Ukulele?

I don't understand why this is appealing. It is THE normie instrument. It's a guitar with less strings and frets.
>>
What is the most robot instrument?
>>
>>28844073
Cello.
>>
>>28843925
I'm
>>28843182
Harmonica is really cool. It's cheap, easy to learn you can carry it anywhere and you can play over almost anything
>>
>>28844016
Because I want something I can take with me on the road and I'm too lazy to learn guitar
>>
>>28842897
i don't really play any but i know the basics of the piano
>>
>>28844073
Whatever a certain robot likes anon.
Besides things like guitar or bass, those are for normlees
>>
>>28842897
Piano, guitar, bass, saxophone

Got a piano recital this weekend. What did you play OP?
>>
>>28844116
I also want it because I am really afraid of becoming homeless. But if that happens, then homeless with a harmonica >>>>>>> homeless without a harmonica
>>
Acoustic guitar, bass, harp, castanets, flute and a mini organ.

>tfw I need to change my harp strings
>tfw can't impress anyone
>>
>>28844129
> the road

but that implies...
>>
>>28843535
It's pretty simple I learned it in like a month, except the end segment I put off for a year lol.
I'm self taught so you could do it easily like me I bet, not an expert at all.
>>28843593
I have no problem playing music, I was saying I can't make my own, like improving at what not
>>
>>28844195
That only implies I am an emmigrant and my family lives far away and I get extremely annoyed when I visit them and have no instrument to play
>>
File: 1459302674303.gif (402 KB, 211x199) Image search: [Google]
1459302674303.gif
402 KB, 211x199
>music my favorite thing
>hate 'music people'
anyone else know this feeling? I don't even post in music threads on here.
>>
>>28842897

98% of the time I play guitar, but I used to play bass in a post-hardcore band(we were shit).

I'm too socially withdrawn to be in a band these days, but I dream about it because it was really fun.
>>
>>28844167
Definitly. Plus it doesn't require maintaining and a good one can last you for years. If you get into it buy a Honer Marine Band in C. I've tried a lot and they're the best and easiest to play.
>>
took me a while to write this song, rate pls
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGp1oxgRGEY
Honestly I have no idea if it's any good, I only have two friends who hate everything I write and my parents will just tell me it's good because they're my parents.
>>
>>28844334

I know the feeling. for every cool person you meet through music, you meet 20 stupid cunts.
>>
>>28842994
more like 16-17 or mid twenties.
I've tried to make some steam friends and stuff from here and they are always "18" then when I'm talking to them and they're acting really immature and retarded I get it out of them that they're 16 or some shit. Fucking kids. Most of em are normies too.
>>
I play a bit of piano. I'm self-taught so I'm not very good, but it's a relaxing hobby to learn new, simple pieces and play them from memory (I haven't taken the time to learn to read music yet, but I do plan to learn sometime soon).
>>
File: 4263077-lil+slugger.jpg (35 KB, 720x405) Image search: [Google]
4263077-lil+slugger.jpg
35 KB, 720x405
>>28842897
you look like lil slugger
>>
>>28843723
Nothing beats taking adderall then studying all day while listening to Bach
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FjhNYtwMF7U
>>
>>28844399

How old are you? I have the same trouble with finding online friends. Kids and crazy people. Last time I added someone on steam, he seemed alright for a few conversations, then all of a sudden he wouldn't stop talking about russia and learning russian. He was like a weeb, I guess. Fucking annoying.

I gave up trying to make steam friends.
>>
>>28844154
I played a pokemon medley
>>
>>28844615

Faggot. Should have played something less spergy.
>>
>>28843723
>How long have you been playing for?
About 6 years but I haven't been playing much for the last 2 years or so because I have been focusing on piano a bit more, and also because my nylon stringed guitar broke.
>Any other favourite composers as well? For classical guitar, I liked Leo Brouwer, Antonio Lauro, and some other bunch of Latin composers I can't remember. For the general western canon, Stravinsky, Ives, Beethoven, Debussy, Brahms and Vivaldi come up as favorites. I've also been listening to Frank Zappa and I've managed to learn about half of The Black Page #1, it's very difficult because the rhythm has to be very precise, no chance to do some rubato or anything of the sort.

Posting some stuff:
https://youtu.be/RYs0Bo-bQUk
https://youtu.be/m7BiUyTCQwA
>>
>>28844374
That's some real twinkly emo anon. I really dig it, all you need is a second guitar drums and bass.
>>
>>28844807
Wow, I fucked the up the formatting
Have some Bach for compensation:
https://youtu.be/2Vd1jCeUywQ
>>
>>28844702
I wanted to play something I arranged myself. Anyways, no one's going to call me out on being a sperg at a recital.
>>
>>28844902

>Anyways, no one's going to call me out on being a sperg at a recital.

True. I guess a sperg at a recital would blend right in.
>>
>>28844374
That's really good man. I'd play it on either a full folk guitar or go full electric though. BUt still nice tune man
>>
>>28844615
Kek that's pretty funny

Learn some classical though if you haven't, your technique and musical understanding will skyrocket. I'm playing a Liszt and a Chopin at my recital and they're tons of work but sound amazing
Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.