[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I fell for the Uni meme
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: IMG_20160526_153137.jpg (1 MB, 1836x3264) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160526_153137.jpg
1 MB, 1836x3264
Just received this letter

What Am I getting myself into?
>>
What's the point of making this thread of you're not going to reveal which University you got into, you fucking literal retard?
>>
>>28841474
the worst investment of your entire life
Basically suicide but much longer and more painful
More smugness too
Have fun
>>
>>28841493
Cause I don't want 4chan to ruin my life?

I've been here for too long and I've seen this happen
>>
Go to all your classes
Meet the proff in his office hours if you need help
Do all your work early and don't procrastinate
Try to make friends
>>
>>28841474
you just bought a very expensive piece of paper

t. fourth year who wants to die
>>
>>28841537
that's only if you choose a literal retard or reddit tier major like computer science or law, or any kind of art/graphic design

accounting should be ok
>>
You stupid fucking idiot, posting your uni reveals absolutely nothing about you.
>>
>>28841553
This is solid advice. Don't underestimate going to go see the professor often.

You can be incredibly bad at academics but still manage to pass every single one of your courses because when time comes to pass or fail someone, if the professor recognizes a student's name, they'll mistake you showing up to office hours as effort, and will pass you based on that. Even if you failed all midterms and the final. I'm not kidding.
>>
>>28841634
then go to a community college.
Its not like their is some massive skill range of accountants, and famous accountants doing original accounting research
>>
Uni isn't a scam. At least if you don't just fuck off and do the bare minimum.

Don't only go to class, sign up for extracurriculars and any opportunities for work outside of class. A good grade point average on its own doesn't mean shit for your resume unless you can back it up with these. One of the best parts of mine was the three years I spent as an exec of the largest club/organization on campus.

And have fun with it. You get to start this chapter of your life completely anew, where no one knows you already. Come out of your shell and make yourself uncomfortable if you have to. I had to do this and it was great. Ended up as one of the first times I could consider myself a part of a social circle.
>>
>>28841474
>Just received this letter
>What Am I getting myself into?
>>>

Congrats, this can either be a really good thing or a bad thing. If you actually want to get something out of your degree you need to do more than just the basic minimum to get it while you're at school. AKA get involved in extracurriculars and shit. If you want to go into politics, get involved in associated students. If you do english or comm, try to write for the school newspaper or something. If you do science, work in an academic lab to actually get useful skills. These are the things that will separate you from the literal thousands of other graduates who just got the same degree but don't actually have any useful employable skills.

Also make friends/network. But if you just go through it with a C's get degrees mentality and put no extra effort in other than coursework you might as well not go at all.
>>
>>28841474
suicide

desuoriginalcomment
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.