[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do you guys insist on being miserable when you can drive
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 7
File: iced-coffee.jpg (1 MB, 1200x1600) Image search: [Google]
iced-coffee.jpg
1 MB, 1200x1600
Why do you guys insist on being miserable when you can drive out and buy a delicious iced coffee? I guarantee it'll lift your spirits
>>
Iced coffee sucks.
>>
>>28840624
true knowledge
>>
Even after coffee I don't have energy
>>
I love iced coffee. Even though coffee makes me farty and poppy
>>
File: giphy.gif (2 MB, 576x432) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
2 MB, 576x432
>Drinking anything other than black coffee

GET THE FUCK OUT!
>>
>>28840624
Because I'm not a 17 year old girl who drinks iced venti Carmel mocha coffees you faggot
>>
GREAT NOW THEYRE EVEN SHILLING ICED COFFEE ON 4CHAN?

SHILLS GET THE FUCK OUT
>>
>>28840667
Iced implies it's a different temperature, not a different recipie.

Iced coffee is just normal coffee (black) served cold.

>>28840669
See the above statement. It's just plain coffee amigo.
>>
>>28840704
They might be thinking of cold-brew coffee (which is just regular black coffee brewed for longer periods of time using cold water)?

In any case, OP's photo most assuredly does not look like regular black. Looks like a mocha or some other froo-froo hipster shit that costs seven dollars a cup.
>>
>tendies
>subway
>iced coffee

the trends of this board are interresting
>>
File: tumblr_m949bnYOC21qc3nl6o6_400.gif (523 KB, 300x225) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m949bnYOC21qc3nl6o6_400.gif
523 KB, 300x225
>>28840704
Look at his fucking picture assdick, he obviously is talking about dessert coffees.
>>
File: 1414319812198.gif (268 KB, 180x169) Image search: [Google]
1414319812198.gif
268 KB, 180x169
>>28840670
Iced coffee is pretty good tho
>>
>>28840751
it's literally just an iced coffee in the pic
the fuck is wrong with you?
>>
>>28840751
milk

it's milk

this is a froofy dessert drink
>>
File: 1463981320803.jpg (31 KB, 530x353) Image search: [Google]
1463981320803.jpg
31 KB, 530x353
You mean a vanilla latte, right?
>>
>you can drive

Except I have no car.
>>
>Guy whos only claim to superiority is coffee types ruins the thread

Every time
>>
>>28840624
has less than half of the caffeine of a cup of actual coffee the same size. plus its loaded with a lot more sugar. I'll just make an actual coffee at home and be miserable, thank you.
>>
>>28840760
Are you blind or just retarded? The drink in OP's photo is clearly an off-brown (characteristic of a latte or mocha), not the deep-brown/black of unadulterated coffee. Nice try though!
>>
I can make coffee at home. No need to bring my misery to a coffee shop.
>>
>>28840848
>>28840751
OPs pick is obviously something just grabbed off of Google images.

His actual post just says iced coffee. Which is just plain coffee.

>>28840748
Cold brew is still normal coffee, but in a concentrated form.

Hence, you dilute it 50/50 with another liquid when drinking. Diluting it with half water results in a normal cup of coffee.
>>
>>28840624
>iced coffee
this is the most normie accessory in the world
>>
>>28840848
it's because it has milk in it you retarded faggot
have you ever drank an iced latte?
>>
Coffee is such a bullshit drink.

It ruins your teeth, tastes like a rotten beer, and has the most abused addictive substance in the world.

There's a reason they had to make lattes/cappuccinos, because no sane person in their right mind would drink the shit unless they slowly developed an addiction to it.

You make straws shaped like dick while drinking coffee, and you'll soon have people asking to give blowjobs too.
>>
>>28840942
>I don't like something
>must be a conspiracy
>>
>>28840931
No, because I'm not a sub-human hipster faggot like yourself.
>>
>>28840970
nice job resorting to simply insulting me in finding your error you stupid cunt
>>
>>28840961
I'm not wrong.
It's the same with smoking and drinking.
>>
>>28840985
You're the one who called me a retarded faggot in the first place, ya hipster cuntwit.
>>
>>28841011
>Are you blind or just retarded?
nice cognitive dissonance
>>
>>28840845
Iced doesn't have any sugar in it unless you go out of your way to add it.

You know, just like completely normal coffee.

Caffeine content between traditional drip brew and iced coffee is also identical.

>>28840942
Lattes/Cappuccinos are actually made with varying amounts of espresso, which is completely different from coffee. The only other ingredient in those drinks is varying portions of steamed milk.

As a matter of fact, all "fancy" espresso based drinks you could name (Americano, Breve, Miele, etc.) are simply made of the same 3 simple ingredients (espresso, milk, water), just in differing measurements.

There isn't much about them that makes them fancy or extravagant.
>>
>>28840624
making one now because of you. french press is good enough for me
>>
I'm at my 9-5 and I'm wired on gas station coffee.

I just hate crashing from coffee. It always does elevate my mood though. Makes me feel good and gets those endorphins going. Literally an antidepressant.
>>
>>28841036
I see you've just discovered the term and are spamming it everywhere you possibly can like so many shitty 9gag memes. Just wait until you get to "strawman" and "ad hominem," O Child. :)
>>
>>28841052
>Caffeine content between traditional drip brew and iced coffee is also identical.
I can't think of anywhere that this is true. Places use a premade mix for their iced coffees which doesn't involve any drip coffee at all. And by default they pump it full of sugar.
>>
>>28841128
really looking for a way out now aren't you
>>
>>28841153
>Premade mix for their iced coffee
>Pumped full of sugar by default

Where are you buying beverages from? Only places that I've seen do this are McDonalds and other fast food restaurants and gas stations. Even Starbucks gives it to you black by default unless you ask for cream and sugar.

These are simple drinks made in traditional ways. Iced coffee is just cold coffee, using the same beans and brewing methods as hot coffee.

I wouldn't really advocate using cheap food joints as a point of reference. Their formal definitions are a better resource.
>>
>>28841270
if you're going to get "traditional" coffee, just make it at home instead of paying 10 bucks for your piece of shit hipster drink, faggot. at least fast food coffee is cheap as shit
>>
>>28840942
>compare coffee to beer

>implying beer doesn't also ruin your teeth, taste bad, and have an even more abused addictive substance
>>
>>28841296
I didn't say beer was better, I was saying it's on the same level if not worse.

are you illiterate?
>>
>>28841294
Nobody ever advocated buying it, or not making it at home. Making it at home is great and costs next to nothing.

And I'm not sure why you'd put traditional and quotes. Coffee is simple shit, there is no "untraditional" vs "traditional" method of making it. It's also cheap as fuck, as neither beans or water are considered luxury commodities.
>>
>arguing about iced coffee and lattes on /r9k/

So this is what you failed abortions' lives have culminated to. lmao
>>
File: Ellen_Page_juno-1.jpg (92 KB, 393x370) Image search: [Google]
Ellen_Page_juno-1.jpg
92 KB, 393x370
I have Avoidant Personality Disorder and I can't go to a cafe to get an iced coffee despite very much wanting one because even something as simple as the act of ordering coffee is terrifying to me and I have a constant and mostly-irrational fear that everyone will judge my order and make fun of me if I screw up, which I almost certainly will given my track record of persistent micro/macrocosmic failure in life, or just make fun of me in general for my appearance and deformities and little things like the way I walk or stand or what I do with my hands, as well as the fact that the journey to the cafe would be very difficult since going outside and being around other people is very uncomfortable and stressful for me even though I'm actually a really sociable person deep down inside beneath the mental illness and so I avoid doing it whenever I can since years of exposure therapy have not worked for me and confronting my fear produces no short or long-term reduction in anxiety whatsoever to the surprise of my Cognitive Behavioral Therapist and only serves to make me feel even more anxious--slightly less-so with a high, near-blackout dosage of benzodiazepines but even then a dysfunctionally-elevated amount regardless, making me a very hopeless and dejected person living a non-life.
>>
>>28841394
do you find yourself fantasizing about having relationships, and friends, and hanging out?
>>
>>28841394
do you find yourself fantasizing about not being a total pussy, and not posting novelettes about your shitty life on /r9k/?
>>
>>28841597
Yes, all of those. I'm very lonely. What's your favorite type of coffee?

>>28841627
Sure, I wish my life were good so I wouldn't have to lament it on /r9k/. What's your favorite type of coffee?
>>
Reminder that if you buy iced coffee get it with little to no ice. Ice is a fucking rip off. You hardly get any drink.
>>
>>28840624
im drinking an french vanilla iced coffee

almost forget I had one in the fridge
thanks op
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.