[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Tell councillor that I have crippling anxiety and depressed
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5
File: 1394592649295.png (23 KB, 550x385) Image search: [Google]
1394592649295.png
23 KB, 550x385
>Tell councillor that I have crippling anxiety and depressed about talking to girls

>"Anon, you should just be yourself "
>>
>>28839950
bit shit at her job then?
>>
>>28839996
It's a guy. He tells me "well everyone gets nervous " but I literally feel like going into fetal position every time a girl wants to talk to me.
>>
>>28840101
And did you tell him that?
>>
>>28840101
>every time a girl wants to talk to me
NORMIES LEAVE REEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>28839950
I never understood this piece of advice. You literally can't not be yourself
>>
>crippling anxiety
>not giving into the diazepine-jew

jesus christ man its like you aren't even trying

talk therapy is limited in treating anxiety disorders, CBT works bretty gud but you have to actually practice it like a muscle regularly
>>
>>28840134
I told him after he said that. Now he wants me to keep practicing by talking to them more.

>>28840196
My doctor gave me Escitalopram. I want more. After I finished the whole thing, I felt anxious again
>>
>>28839950
I know this feel.

>Myself is an incredibly angry dude. I don't want me to be myself and neither do you therapy giving man.

Like this fuckclown could solve anger I've felt for seven years and been able to do nothing about. What a chucklefuck.

I'd rather wallow in self loathing.
>>
>>28840266
>that thing you physically can't bring yourself to do?
>do it more

isn't there away you can ease your way into it?
>>
File: hijak-point.jpg (15 KB, 270x200) Image search: [Google]
hijak-point.jpg
15 KB, 270x200
>>28839950

Just create a new yourself.
>>
File: smug itchy.jpg (6 KB, 249x213) Image search: [Google]
smug itchy.jpg
6 KB, 249x213
>>28839950
>falling for the therapy meme
>any year any time any where
That shit only works for normos who don't have anything wrong with them to begin with.
>>
You don't need a therapist.

Just smoke weed, think about your problems, and act on your conclusions.
>>
>>28840593
>Just get high everyday through school

I want to pass all my classes. Weed is only for fun occasions
>>
>>28840618
I never told you to do it often.
>>
>>28840660
BUT when I get high, I don't think about anything. That doesn't have much affect on me when I'm sober
>>
File: 1460598699311.jpg (103 KB, 1000x968) Image search: [Google]
1460598699311.jpg
103 KB, 1000x968
>talking with my father about how he married my mother
>ask him how he was able to ask my mom to marry him without second guessing himself
>"it's a thing called confidence. You really should get it."
>I ask how he had confidence in that
>"anon, all you need to do is just be yourself."

I started laughing because I immediately started thinking of this board when he said that, then I began to feel sad because I have no confidence to get a gf, much less ask someone to marry me.
>>
>>28840995
>I started laughing because I immediately started thinking of this board when he said that, then I began to feel sad because I have no confidence to get a gf, much less ask someone to marry me.

OP here. I had the exact same reaction when my therapist said that to me
>>
>be yourself

I hope you explained that the real you is hideous.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.