[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Cyborg Success:
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: suffering.jpg (43 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
suffering.jpg
43 KB, 640x480
For those who lifted themselves up out of Robothood (or want to know how), got a GF, happy end etc. otherwise Q & A.
>>
>>28838791
For starters:
>socially retarded for most of uni
>see the light before graduation
>get the friends, the women, the power (inb4 Tony Montana)
>head out to grad school a normal, functioning member of society

It gets better... if you're willing to put yourself out there and mess things up A LOT and for years at a time.
>>
>tfw life is over
>>
>Self-Improvement AMA thread

do you even know where you are
>>
>>28839438
Somewhere I don't belong any more, I know.
>>
yeah?
well time for you to get the fuck out of here then
>>
File: 1459049503102.png (218 KB, 800x590) Image search: [Google]
1459049503102.png
218 KB, 800x590
>>28838791
While I admire your attempt at an optimistic thread, your advice will only fall upon deaf ears. Expect the following posts to include anons burdened with self defeating mind sets, body dysmorphia, victim complex, and paranoia.

However, don't become angry at their ignorance. The sick congregate here to share their pain; these are fiends you cannot heal.
>>
>>28839615
Yeah, I definitely get a sense of Yarnham-level bleakness and desperation. The nightmare never ends.
>>
>>28838791
Having seen many threads of this kind throughout the years wither, I can already tell you that your thread will fail, and I don't mind telling you why.

It's because the monotone existence of depression and anxiety has become so familiar for robots that it is the only reality that they recognize, and they are literally too scared of things getting worse to let go of that reality. They have lost all hope, and in their resignment cling to what is.

The concept that change is within reach and that they are capable of changing the course of their lives scares them. Rather, the implicit responsibility of their own actions scare them. So they would rather delude themselves into believing that nothing can be changed, as confronting themselves with their own cowardice is too much for them to handle.
>>
>>28839688
How can you stop being a coward?
>>
>>28839777
200 micrograms of LSD should do the job.
>>
>>28839688
OP here;

The thing is, I remember a time where I used my own mental gymnastics to be like that. If I could blame all my problems on "something else" (i.e. my childhood, or how the world is fucked up in general) then I didn't have to face the facts that I had my own responsibility for what happened. That has to be the worst part of it for them; if you have to hold yourself accountable for your current sorry state, then you also have only yourself to blame. And they don't want to face that.
>>
>>28839688
This is easy to believe but also wrong because it implies just world possibility, that if you work hard you can "change" and "improve". Once the life of depression and anxiety sets in due to circumstances often out of someone's control it's pretty much over unless some miracle happens.

What you are saying is basically pull yourself by the bootstraps american normie dogshit.
>>
>>28839958
It's a bit patronizing to think that no one here holds himself responsible for his state.
Maybe that's why no one wants to listen to you
>>
>>28839900
>lsd
Are you trolling?
>>
Sigh. All the tired memes, >they blame the world, >if they only accepted change and worked for it, all there.

It doesn't fit through your normie skull that many robots have changed everything in their power, and still get shat on for things they cannot change.

Healthy, with jobs, car and house. Those are things they can affect. >tfwnogf requires another person to accept them, something they have no control over.
>>
It's funny because OP just shitposted and quit like all normies do in these threads
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.