[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anon,tell me: If you had a promising bright future,loved life
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: 1463772867045.jpg (382 KB, 800x512) Image search: [Google]
1463772867045.jpg
382 KB, 800x512
and then some major stuff out of your control happens and wrecks you like crazy (physically and mentally) for long enough year (1-1.5 year)to rob you from your"Once in a lifetime" opportunities to make your life GREAT.

What would you do?

Now you're stuck with opportunities that will just make your life "alright" but no more opportunities will make it GREAT like the one you missed. You used to love life 100% with passion,you loved who you were and what you were becoming.

Now you're doomed to a normal life, nothing really motivates you, you live just to live. You survive to survive. No powerful drive ,ambition and will to live like the one you had before the "major stuff" happened

Your life 1 year from now probably won't be any different from your life 10 years from now. You'll be as empty as your are right now. Of course,you'll have a job and shit,you won't be homeless but you won't really enjoy life.You won't be alive like you used to be.

How do you cope with it?
>>
>everything didn't go according to plan

chances are anyone who had this potential future would have fucked it up somehow anyway, sounds like they can't cope with unexpected events.
>>
>>28835930
Yupp - either be capable of reacting to change or at least have a plan b, c and d for the most common possibilities
>>
>>28835895
You can't cope with something like that. No matter what anyone says you just can't. Misery and woe is yours for the rest of your days. I am glad at least that this never happened to me.
>>
>>28835895
>Now you're doomed to a normal life, nothing really motivates you

Bullshit the only reason you are "doomed" is because you have a mental blockade and are scared to try something new again because you might fail again. If you're depressed go to therapy and get meds. Winners don't quit because their first plan didn't work out.

Look at Trump: Great opportunity with daddies money - lost it with company - tried again and got back up - lost it again - tried another time because he knows he's awesome and a winner - made it, now running for president.

Your loser mentality is what's standing in the way - you need therapy and then a kick in the ass to get back up
>>
>>28835895
This is the situation i'm dealing with right now

My life was empty and meaningless ,depressing and totally shitty until like 3 years ago. All of that changed. EVERYTHING CHANGED. Everything about me changed or was gradually changing for the better. Like a whole different life

For the first time in my life i actually had dreams and goals of my own,i was actually feeling alive and loving life,i was loving what i was becoming and i was skyrocketing in every areas of my life.

I really cannot describe well enough how different my life became.Anyway

>>28835930
When unexpected event are health issues fucking you up big time and leaving you bed ridden most of the time when you're at home, it's a whole different story.
>>28835989
gee, what a downer
>>28836064
You might be right but it took me like my entire fucking life to get started and skyrocket and stand out. After losing that, things are just going to go the way they were before. Shitty .Unless i find something else
>>
>>28835895
Here's a secret I've learned in five decades on this planet: "life" is all the stuff that happens when you're not paying attention. All the big things, the things you think will be major milestones in your life, those things turn out to be completely unimportant. It's tiny events which occur while you're doing something else which form the backbone of your existence, and it's why you can't "fake" your way through life. The real you emerges in the tiny, thoughtless decisions you make, and it's those ones which matter.

And if you don't want a normal life, you don't need to have one... but it will cost you. I've had an amazing life so full of strangeness that whenever I talk about myself in here, people call me a liar. But that life has cost me heavily; my health is shattered from a lifetime of poor diet, stress, poverty, and bouts of homelessness.

Aleister Crowley wrote, "Do what that wilt shall be the whole of the law." What he meant by that is that we are free to choose our path, but that whatever we choose has a cost. You can have whatever you're prepared to pay for.
>>
It sounds like you didn't have any backup plans.

Here are my backup plans in case I don't become a lawyer:

a) Get my teaching credential and become an English teacher. Fill teenagers with existential woes. Marry an okay looking woman and have okay looking children with her.
b) Pick up a trade, move to Alaska. Grow weed and psychedelic mushrooms. Own some property, go hunting, work on owning a plane. Enjoy a life of asceticism.
c) Get a shitty job, save up some money, travel to a third world country and live a life of fucking child prostitutes and doing cheap drugs. Die playing Russian Roulette for large sums of money.

I would be okay with any of these lives. You should think of a life that you can live and be okay with, instead of just having one.
>>
>>28836205
Thanks for your input. It all depends on how someone defines his "amazing life" i guess but your point remains in any case

>" "life" is all the stuff that happens when you're not paying attention.[...]

I don't grasp the full meaning of that but i think i get what you're trying to say

My "great" life wouldn't be great in the eyes of others but it'd be great in my eyes tho because it made me happy. It's just career wise and all the doors and opportunities that path was opening for me.-->These things + that ambition was making me happy,it allowed me to improve myself to actually feel alive and love myself

Let's say you were about to become an engineer,had great plans,opportunities for the future and your ambition +dedication was making you skyrocket in every areas of your life,=Happiness for you

Wrecking stuff happen (health issues,etc)-->,everything goes to shit.

You become a cashier and you'll stay a cashier. Sure you'll live,but you won't care,no more drive,nothing
>>
>>28836638
>I don't grasp the full meaning of that
What I'm trying to tell you is, "life" is what's happening without you paying attention to it while you're here worrying about stuff you think is important. All the things you think are important, aren't. In 30 years, when you look back, the events and decisions you'll remember are the small ones which happened without you really thinking about them.

That's why it's so important to improve yourself as a person; your true self is constantly coming through in all the small decisions you make without thinking, and it's those small decisions which turn out to be the most important.
>>
welcome to common human existence, enjoy your stay
>>
File: jack.jpg (40 KB, 650x374) Image search: [Google]
jack.jpg
40 KB, 650x374
There is no promises about a bright future. Everything is a once in a lifetime opportunity, you can drop dead at any second.
I'm not going to tell you some carpe diem bullshit but it doesn't sound like you really have any drive for anything. You know there are things you can do that are considered risky. I'd try to add more risk the less hopeful I was about the future. Risk vs Reward is a meme but there are times and places it gets rewarded.
>>
>>28836388
You are half right. I didn't need one actually. The shit that happened to me doesn't happen to anybody. Anyone putting in as much effort as i did wouldn't need a back-up plan

+Even if it didn't work out, there was still like 3-4 other options that would make me happy, 100% accessible under normal circumstances.These were by back up plans But what happened scrapped all of it away

That's what i didn't plan and nobody could plan

>>28836638
>Continued

It's like if the engineering career opened countless doors for you that allowed you to develop yourself and grow as person+ enjoy life give a meaning to your life+give you a powerful drive that truly makes you feel alive

Now you're stuck with the cashier job.You lost all of that. Your potential life satisfaction went from 8/10 to a 2/10.

>>28836741
Tasting to the "Holy shit,i fucking love my life,where i'm heading and what i'm becoming" drive before becoming directionless+no energy is worse than never tasting it at all imo
>>
>>28836205
>What he meant by that is that we are free to choose our path

It means to act according to one's nature you idiot. Don't try to be something you're not, follow your natural instincts. "Do what thou wilt" = follow your True Will. True Will = your real intrinsic nature.
>>
>>28836915
>>28836915
Let's just say, i reverted back to the old me i used to hate. Without drive, without real purpose, not really enjoying life,going with the flow

Timeline:

>Feel aimless and unhappy during whole life,just going with the flow,crippling social anxiety and low self esteem--------->

>2-3 years ago:Life changing epiphany,clear dreams,goals,directions,everything changes,finally feeling truly happy and alive for first time ever--------->

>Major wrecking issues wrecks me like crazy and causes me to fuck up the opportunities i had--------->
>Kinda back to square 0

Right now if i'm unable to fix the situation ,i'll start a shit bachelor i don't care about and become an audiologist. Constantly feeling empty inside unhappy,unmotivated,lazy like i used to be. I'm bitter i guess

I have an hard time letting go of what i had going for me.

I'm also super bitter at what happened.
1st world problems, anyway,they mean the world to me
>>
>>28837057
Thelema is the opposite of following your intrinsic nature. The Taoist concept of wei wu wei, action no-action, refers to being passive within your nature. Thelema, on the other hand, means willingly exchanging a price in order to force the Universe to conform to your desires.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.