[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Proper Hand Shakes
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: handshake11.jpg (142 KB, 1200x800) Image search: [Google]
handshake11.jpg
142 KB, 1200x800
>having a weak handshake

Jesus christ anon, why do you think nobody respects you? If there's one thing that gives you away as an ultra beta it's having a weak handshake. A good handshake sets the tone for the rest of the conversation and emphasizes a strong personality. But worry not, I will teach you the proper way.

>look your opponent in the eyes
>right hand up
>meet halfway
Go slightly past the middle if you're confident, but don't stretch it
>grab and SQUEEZE
The harder you squeeze, the more of an impression you make. Make sure your opponent can still feel your grip after you let go. If you're asserting your dominance, squeeze just hard enough to not actually break the other hand.
>nodding is optional
So is smiling. Let your facial expression depend on the situation
>two shakes is enough
Go for three or four if you think you can pull it off. Only go past four if your opponent has a certain authority which is to be respected. Let HIM decide when the handshake ends, he makes the call.
>let go and drop your hand
>remain eye contact for a short while
Never look at the hands! Not prior, during or after the handshake.

And those are the basics. Don't exaggerate, but be confident. The most important part is the squeeze, let your opponent know you mean it!

Now here's some advanced tips for asserting dominance in a handshake (not to be used with superiors or authority figures).
>make sure you have the upper hand
Twist your arm so that your hand is on top. Also make sure to apply counter-pressure when your opponent tries to do this. If you're on the bottom, you lose.
>use two hands (ADVANCED SHAKERS ONLY)
Slipped up and got the bottom hand? Don't worry. Place your other hand on top of his to reassure your position.
>shoulder grab
Someone used the two-hand technique on you? You're in for a gamble anon. Grab his shoulder, don't let go until he does and keep looking him straight in the eyes. There is no counter to this technique. Pull this one off and you win.

Good luck.
>>
>>28835832
You forgot the thumb positioning.
>>
>>28835891
Care to expand on that? I'm always open for different views.
>>
>>28835832
Handshakes are a vestigal mammalian practice of manipulating the primitive areas of the other person's brain into increased significance of the occasion through touch. A developed fully developed human depends on no such tricks and his transactions and communication are fully verbal, be it vocally or on paper.
>>
>never look at the hands
This is exactly why handshakes need to be retired. They are obsolete.
>>
>>28835922
But do we not live in a world full off primitive mammals pretending to be more than just their instincts? Knowing how to manipulate and influence these instincts is vital for survival in this primitive world.
>>
>>28835942
As long as they aren't retired, it is important you know how to handle them.
>>
>>28835832
Handshakes are important who stand with a limp hand or make no attempt make me extremely aggressive.

I read recently that the pressure of the squeeze should be palm to palm rather than crushing motion.
>>
>>28835984
>limp hand
God, it disgusts me when this happens. I feel extremely dirty whenever someone just sticks out his hand and pushes it against mine like a dead fish.
>>
File: checkeredflooring.jpg (5 KB, 289x288) Image search: [Google]
checkeredflooring.jpg
5 KB, 289x288
>Secret Masonic Handshake

It's been so long since I used one, I'm not even sure if I would be doing it right, though.
>>
>>28836016
You know, for a secret handshake there's quite a lot of information on it...
If that's an actual thing, the world's leaders aren't to focused on hiding it it seems.
>>
>>28836013
I'm pretty sure it's intentional disrespect.
>>
File: sad pepe.jpg (168 KB, 1200x1024) Image search: [Google]
sad pepe.jpg
168 KB, 1200x1024
>>28835832
>The harder you squeeze, the more of an impression you make.
>tfw broke the hand of my interviewer
>tfw I didn't get the job
I tried to do the right thing
>>
>people who try to crush your hand while shaking hands
There's a reason why it's called a shake, not a squeeze, you literal retards.
>>
>>28836323
So how does it feel to get no respect from anyone you meet?
>>
>>28836489
The only people who try to crush your hand are either old fart or salesmen, and I don't respect them for doing it either.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.