[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>someone insults you publicly on an online game >shortness
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 7
File: hqdefault.jpg (16 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
16 KB, 480x360
>someone insults you publicly on an online game
>shortness of breath, heart starts beating faster
what the fuck, does anyone else get this
>>
File: 1459944410731.gif (1 MB, 500x350) Image search: [Google]
1459944410731.gif
1 MB, 500x350
>>28834400
nope, i'm not an autistic raging faggot
>>
I only play single player games
>>
>>28834400
i get this
>>
Only if it means "Oh God, they think I suck at this, and I probably do. I always knew I was a retard" type of thoughts. I get that when I play MOBAs (and, some years ago, soccer).
>>
>>28834400
I lash back with a much harsher barrage of insults because I have a backbone and getting bullied as a teen only made me angrier, not more of a pussy.
>>
File: 142357845745.jpg (60 KB, 500x495) Image search: [Google]
142357845745.jpg
60 KB, 500x495
>>28834400
>"Wow dude calm down, you're going to wet your diaper again if you keep getting this angry"
>keep acting cool and laughing at them the more they try to berate you
>eventually they make themselves look like an autistic retard
>>
File: 1459499221332.jpg (29 KB, 421x421) Image search: [Google]
1459499221332.jpg
29 KB, 421x421
>someone insults you publicly on an online game
>shortness of breath, heart starts beating faster, penis gets stiff
>>
>>28834400

just forgive them in your heart, every time. over time you'll find yourself not only feeling better but becoming a better person in social situations. you'll feel happier in your mind and more comfortable in your own skin. you don't need to become a jesus-freak to just start forgiving people and have it be a positive influence on your life.

you don't even need to communicate with someone to forgive them. all you have to do is say it in your heart.
>>
File: 1419298697724-4.jpg (227 KB, 640x649) Image search: [Google]
1419298697724-4.jpg
227 KB, 640x649
>>28834400
That's me you described.
>>
File: meirump.jpg (43 KB, 320x409) Image search: [Google]
meirump.jpg
43 KB, 320x409
>playing overwatch
>hadn't played competetive sporty games in a while
>die in a silly way
>enemy roadhogg laughs and says nice try ;))
>unironically feel bad
>see an opportunity few minutes later
>unzip katana and chop their team up
>y-you too
>end up turning into friendly banter and rivalry
>>
>>28834400
No but I get that when a situation arises where I might have to get violent with someone. I've still never been in a real fight so I don't know what'd happen if I did, but it feels like if I had to throw a punch my arm would just sort've go limp half way through it.
>>
File: 1430674136264.jpg (10 KB, 208x250) Image search: [Google]
1430674136264.jpg
10 KB, 208x250
>>28834400
>get insulted
>feel nothing
>>
>>28834958
Also to add to this I think it's because I'm a huge coward, that's why I experience that during fight or flight moments. I'm a submissive person and avoid conflict where possible, like most of this board I just drift through life not really feeling strongly about or fighting for anything.
>>
>>28834990
>Move to london
>Kids take great joy in saying "your mum m8" to me because I don't react at all

I don't get it, it's half an insult and even then why get butthurt about someone who doesn't even know your mother slagging her off? Especially when she isn't even there.
>>
>>28834901
excellent wisdom.. thank you anon and god bless
>>
It's a normal confrontational response.

The theory goes that depending on the level of lawfulness and development of the country you were raised in, your volatility in responding to confrontation varies.

In countries with less persistent law and policing, people have to defend themselves, and in order to defend themselves, it is important to have a reputation of being strong / assertive / always ready to fight back, or in other words, have "honour". To maintain this honour, the people of this culture become more aggressive and jump the gun in confrontation quicker.

For example, one study proved this disparity between Northern and Southern citizens of the USA. For clarification, Northern states have European levels of violent crime, whereas Southern states have it closer to the middle East. In a proxy study subjects from both Northern and Southern states were invited to an interview and on the way to it an actor bumped into the subject and called them an asshole under his breath. Subjects from the South had significantly higher levels of testosterone and adrenaline later and were more aggressive in the interview, for example giving firmer handshakes.

Another study also showed this by sending fake CVs to jobs in either states, but with a side note that the person applying for the job has a criminal record as a result of getting into a bar brawl with someone who was insulting them in front of their friends, and accidentally killing them. Southern employers were far more understanding than the Northerners, with some even accepting him and writing back saying they completely sympathise with his struggle to find work. (Source for both is Steven Pinker.)
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.