[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>be in gifted program in elementary school and qualify as
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5
>be in gifted program in elementary school and qualify as being profoundly gifted
>constantly get told that I can do anything I want because I am so smart
>get to uni and I'm fucking dumb
Well played god
>>
It took you the time to get into a uni to realize that? Holy shit I thought I had it bad
>>
>>28833699
>believing in the self-esteem meme

Yeah, it's a pretty brutal crash, fampai.
>>
>get told in primary school that i'm gifted
>constantly told i'm smart and that i'll be "fine" with exams
>bomb every exam in uni through lack of study
>graduate with gash grade
>get shit together and get a good job

all about the effort m8
>>
I have to admit, the normalfags rused me good with that one.

Real life hit me like a semi truck when I got out of high school.
>>
>>28833699
We had a gifted class at my school too op. Expect it was for the mentally challenged. They just called it gifted so they felt good. Are you sure that wasn't your case?
>>
File: 1342147769647.png (495 KB, 595x760) Image search: [Google]
1342147769647.png
495 KB, 595x760
>get put in retarded kid help classes until 3rd grade
>suddenly figure out how to read
>moved from retard program to gifted program
>stay in it all the way into uni
>still in it right now
>3.75gpa
>all it took was figuring out how to read and suddenly my brain clicked on

but also
>be very mentally ill and very resistant to medication
>bomb first semester of college completely and fail every class
>have to retake them

well played god.
>>
>>28833699
Do well when I study but I don't do it so I am underperforming
>currently drunk and have an assignment due tomorrow
>>
Which one of those would you prefer?
1. lazy, but can enjoy relaxation, NEETing it up on a Sunday afternoon etc
2. hardworking, no procrastination problems etc. but motivation is purely negative i.e driven by anxiety, worry, and inferiority. can never relax or enjoy life

Anyway for me it's just one of those two and nothing in between
>>
>>28835150
Same as me
>anyone have any solutions?
>>
>>28835150
1 is actually god tier, wouldnt want it any other way.
>>
File: tomokojustkillme.jpg (9 KB, 279x181) Image search: [Google]
tomokojustkillme.jpg
9 KB, 279x181
>>28833699
Yeah sorry to break it to you but you're not going to be able to coast through life on your intelligence. Even super geniuses have to study in college.

The real problem isn't even that you're dumb, it's that you're lazy as dick. But because you've always been told that you are "so smart" that you expect to be good at everything academic immediately. So when you realize that you're not a master of calculus just by going to one hour lectures, you feel like a stupid failure because in high school you didn't need to study or put any work in.

Am I pretty close?
>>
>>28836552
Not OP, but this did happen to me.
>>
>>28836552
Yup. That's it.

/thread
>>
>>28836552
True but how do I learn to organise myself?
>>
>>28837321
Set goals for yourself and organise your self.

Make a lists of when yiu go to school and work or whatever. Take the time to study.

Drink coffee and tike vitamin pills fir extra energy and perhaos use Ritalin for extra focus.

Download agenda apps and reminder aops so that you know what you have to do.

Also clean your workplace / studyplace.

Write down what you have to do.

Ask your parents to helo you stick with your lists. Sometimes you are already 20 years old, sometimes you are just 20 years old.

Dont be affraid of help, just focus in the results and what you will be able to achieve.

Also take the time ti get a good nightrest. 7@8 hours.

Any more questions?
>>
>>28837384
No point in asking my parents as I've tried that before but they never bothered
>>
File: 1461553249171.jpg (63 KB, 592x492) Image search: [Google]
1461553249171.jpg
63 KB, 592x492
>people think secondary education has a purpose after the invention of the internet
>>
>always one of the "smart kids"
>Got top marks on tests without even studying
>Didn't even bother studying for final exams
>Grade 12, still had no idea what to do with life
>Find out the last day to apply to universities was TOMORROW (I thought we would do this at the end of grade 12, not right in the middle)
>"OK OK, wtf should I do? maybe i should go for engineering?"
>Needed grade 12 physics for that. This class was only available first semester
>Applied for general business degrees
>Got into uni for management, changed after first year to communications/business type of program
>After graduation got a job interview downtown at a digital advertising firm
>completely fucked it up due to my anxiety/low confidence (basically told her I don't think I'm good enough for the job, even though it was entry level stuff)
>Been working labour jobs for shit wages fr the last four years
>Every now and then look up what old classmates are doing in their lives and self loath

Such potential I had
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.